As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] Coronavirus can't kill HotS if it's already dead #rollsafe

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    You guys should get on and play this weekend. Last weekend solo queue was "contact your local suicide hotline" levels of toxicity and frustration.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    You guys should get on and play this weekend. Last weekend solo queue was "contact your local suicide hotline" levels of toxicity and frustration.

Every time I feel the urge to play HotS again, I stop by the thread and read posts like this reminding me I made the right choice so long ago. Thanks fam!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Every time I feel the urge to play HotS again, I stop by the thread and read posts like this reminding me I made the right choice so long ago. Thanks fam!

Counterpoint, the game is still fun

Solo queue QM is not an accurate representation of the game at large, which remains quite fantastic.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Your feel-good story for the day.

also, goodness Anduin's trait completely negates lamb until 20.
    geeeeeeeeezzz that was frustrating

ycsfl9matt15.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

you have my sword

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    1gy2go26e103.jpg

Pulling Illidan before he ults? Someone wasn't prepared.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Fair enough, lol

God i just got the thread title...

Also, the animation for the reaver mounts is a lot like lunara's hop. the unit frame has a fast burst followed by a slower one.

I wonder if this have gameplay impact in being able to dodge quickly on mount unlike a regular mount.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, it looks like they changed up the matchmaker settings for bot matches. It's possible for the AI team to have a healer when the player team doesn't. I don't think that was possible prior to the Anduin patch.

Anabot absolutely wrecked my teammates. They kept overextending and then got sniped dead by Eye of Horus. It just kept happening. No regrets taking the "sadism on teammate death" talent. I had that quest maxed in no time flat.

a70kbf4d5xxg.png

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, it looks like they changed up the matchmaker settings for bot matches. It's possible for the AI team to have a healer when the player team doesn't. I don't think that was possible prior to the Anduin patch.

Anabot absolutely wrecked my teammates. They kept overextending and then got sniped dead by Eye of Horus. It just kept happening. No regrets taking the "sadism on teammate death" talent. I had that quest maxed in no time flat.
    Man, the skeleton crew is really losing control of things. :/

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR1dbzbiiCo

Man, some of those Anduin saves were sick.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular

Man, some of those Anduin saves were sick.

That brawl at the end with 3 Garrosh just throwing people around was great too.

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
    D55y9qVWkAE-ed7.jpg
    knnLmDJ.png
    gkolhFV.png
    s6vXRlT.png

7gzEB0x.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    It's always a Karl, Illidan, or Varian.

Always.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    Team with no tank vs tracer / maiev, ouch.

If he didn't have 7 deaths I'd be more lenient but yeah.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited May 2019
    cool i'm 1-6 today and we got a level 15 KT (player level, btw, not hero) on our team and the enemy team had a Morales/Tracer/Abathur trio and the Tracer is like hero level 200+ and fucking unkillable and it ends 0-28

wow

yknow what's the point of not showing if the enemy team is grouped or not when you can just check after the game anyway, jesus

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    edited May 2019
    D56EwcfW4AILPVO.jpg

yeah nevermind sometimes you just get to go Toads/Ravenous Spirit/Vile Infection in an all-assassin game and just fucking destroy people

i actually legit picked Vile when i wasn't there yet (i think i was at 115 or so?) but i knew the game would go on long enough to allow me to farm the remaining stacks and Vile would guarantee that we won every teamfight. paid off~

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I went into a QM match on Saturday where I was queued for 3+ minutes before it popped. That hasn't happened in awhile. And I was rolling a healer, too, which was supposedly a "low queue/needed role". The matchmaker gave up and threw me in with sub account level 50 players against a premade. I'm almost account level 1500.

We got wrecked. My team all tried very hard and were super friendly, so I wasn't upset. But damn. I still had to take a break afterwards.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    >Toads/Ravenous Spirit

00il9sldoyz3.jpg

edited May 2019
    I went into a QM match on Saturday where I was queued for 3+ minutes before it popped. That hasn't happened in awhile. And I was rolling a healer, too, which was supposedly a "low queue/needed role". The matchmaker gave up and threw me in with sub account level 50 players against a premade. I'm almost account level 1500.

We got wrecked. My team all tried very hard and were super friendly, so I wasn't upset. But damn. I still had to take a break afterwards.

I will say that queue times today are a lot better than they were a few months back, and especially during that period when the matchmaker tried to force appropriate comps, but there was a long stretch there where I would have killed for 3 minute queues. There was a significant amount of time in which 10 minute queues were standard.

But now every queue is like 2 minutes tops because the matchmaker is a clusterfuck of nonsense that just literally doesn't care anymore, so yaaay.

milk ducks on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    yknow what's the point of not showing if the enemy team is grouped or not when you can just check after the game anyway, jesus
    removing the pre-game bias that forms when facing parties of players that may be larger than your own

edited May 2019
    >Toads/Ravenous Spirit

nah toads are fucking legit dude

ravenous is also low key amazing when the enemy team can't fucking stop you. garg also isn't gonna do that much when the entire enemy team is ranged.

besides when it's a game of 5 assassins vs 5 assassins the way you win that is by winning trades. and safe poke damage is your best bet there. zombie build doesn't really do all that much damage until vile, toads are much more threatening. without a healer i can force a back or a tap every time i push one button.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    edited May 2019
    Gargantuan helps create / reinforce your frontline, which is especially important in QM clusterfucks where you might not otherwise have a frontline. In comparison, Ravenous Spirit roots you in place against, in this case, a Chromie and a Kel'thuzad, which is tantamount to suicide in my opinion. Toads definitely pushes out more damage through the early-to-mid game, but Thing of the Deep allows you to play a hell of a lot safer (again, considering you have no frontline), and it helps you hit those big money walls, which tends to lead more often to actual kills instead of just a bunch of poke. People play Pandemic/Hugeness because it tends to look better on the scoreboard, but the increased range from Thing of the Deep means you can play a hell of a lot safer, and it plays better into Superstition, and it allows you to land more consistently with your Spiders and Walls. Dead Rush at 7 is great because it creates additional skillshot blockers on the battlefield, helps your waveclear considerably, leading to faster stacks, and the auto-tracking from the rushing zombies helps you spread Vile Infection really easily post-20; even if you fucking whiff a wall, they'll still uproot and chase down nearby targets, spreading a ton of AoE damage for free.

I honestly, legitimately, just fucking hate Toads. I regard it as the ultimate meme build.

milk ducks on
    edited May 2019
    I honestly, legitimately, just fucking hate Toads. I regard it as the ultimate meme build.

see i used to think toads was a shit build too until i tried it

it's fucking good, breh

also mental note remember to go toad build nazeebo when playing with ducks to tilt him :^)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    edited May 2019
    Current elapsed time in queue for my 5stack in unranked: 540 seconds

edit: popped at 595

milk ducks on
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Toads should be default. Maybe you don't take the Level 1, but the rest of the talents are easy value.

edited May 2019
    Just a casual 339 stack Naz game, lol.

Had Vile Infection completed by like level 13

And had 10 soaked for us before the end of the first objective on Volskaya

milk ducks on
    edited May 2019
    For the record, that amounts to 4068 bonus HP. At level 20, Naz has what, 3600? That puts him up around 7.6k HP with 40% Spell Armor that's not likely to get canceled by auto-attacks since I'm also rolling with Thing of the Deep.

If you account for the Spell Armor, my effective HP that game was close to 11k. He might as well be fucking Cho'gall at that point.

Fuck Toads.

milk ducks on
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    What talent are you talking about? Toads doesn't compete with the level 4 survivability talents...

The level 1 is entirely optional for Toads build. The real work comes from Hugeness and the CDR spiders talent.

It's literally 2.5 talents and none of them compete with either the increased trait talent (which is a trap IMHO) or the damage mitigation tier (which you switch up depending upon the game). You can go Toads and take all the other bad talents you want lol.

What talent are you talking about? Toads doesn't compete with the level 4 survivability talents...

I'm talking about playing the build that actually can stack.

ducks, bro, I'm going to need you to use your words to explain what you think Toads build is, because so far you haven't explained anything other than you hate it and then listed off a bunch of things that you can take even if you go Toads. And now you're talking about stacking and frankly I'm completely lost right now.

Are you doing that thing where you confuse words again? Is this the Indiana Public School Education showing up?

Toads is pronounced "toe-ds", btw. They're the hoppy things in the ground that go ribbit.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    ducks, bro, I'm going to need you to use your words to explain what you think Toads build is, because so far you haven't explained anything other than you hate it and then listed off a bunch of things that you can take even if you go Toads. And now you're talking about stacking and frankly I'm completely lost right now.

Are you doing that thing where you confuse words again? Is this the Indiana Public School Education showing up?

Toads is pronounced "toe-ds", btw. They're the hoppy things in the ground that go ribbit.

i think he's taking about how with the zombies talent you can plop a wall and a spiders in a lane and move to another lane (to do the same) and the spiders and zombies will clear the wave on their own while stacking trait.

steam_sig.png
    It's ultimately a playstyle difference. I don't enjoy throwing 40 toad stacks into enemies; I want to get to waves and clear them, and I want to do it faster than the other team to generate rotational advantage we can then spend to make something happen. Toads is a fine build, it gives you more teamfight damage through the midgame and it's easy to use. I don't like it, because I stack so much faster with my build (dibby and I played the same map, Volskaya, and he said he had 115 or something stacks at 20 and I had Vile finished by 13, for example). The difference, in my experience, is literally hundreds of stacks, which means I'm tankier in the long run, with more sustain, and the bonus range and auto-tracking zombies allow to to throw the safest, laziest damage imaginable post-20.

I'm not a fan of toad builds because it's loses effectiveness vs better players who know how to dodge.

Spiders does more burst which shores up one of naz's weaknesses.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited May 2019
    It's ultimately a playstyle difference. I don't enjoy throwing 40 toad stacks into enemies; I want to get to waves and clear them, and I want to do it faster than the other team to generate rotational advantage we can then spend to make something happen. Toads is a fine build, it gives you more teamfight damage through the midgame and it's easy to use. I don't like it, because I stack so much faster with my build (dibby and I played the same map, Volskaya, and he said he had 115 or something stacks at 20 and I had Vile finished by 13, for example). The difference, in my experience, is literally hundreds of stacks, which means I'm tankier in the long run, with more sustain, and the bonus range and auto-tracking zombies allow to to throw the safest, laziest damage imaginable post-20.

This is actually super disingenuous because the circumstances are completely different. I don't know what your game looked like, but mine was an all-assassin game with no healers and tanks, I couldn't afford to go off and soak all game, I *had* to be with my team almost all the time, which meant less stacking. Going off to soak and leaving my team as 4 meant they'd lose on the spot, I 100% needed to be with them always. Had nothing to do with decreased waveclear power. It's not apples to oranges, I mean. Like if I were able to just be a soakbot all game and ignore my team and just *clear waves* without risk of being popped by Nova or whoever, I would have. But I couldn't, not that game.

edit: Also for the sake of clarity: I'm not saying that Zombies is a bad build or that Toads is inherently better. I think they're both extremely good builds that both do different things. Zombies gives up a lot of damage output (almost not really anything until 20, honestly) for increased versatility, waveclear, safety, and it pretty much guarantees that you'll always hit Vile every game. Toads gives you actual meaningful damage that you can contribute from levels 7-19 (which spikes HARD once you complete Pandemic), RIDICULOUS zoning potential (each W is a giant cone of death and forces the enemy to either move away or take insane amounts of damage), and less efficient/slightly worse waveclear/stacking (but still pretty decent waveclear nonetheless).

But they're both fine.

I run both. They're both good. They both do different things, and have different strengths/weaknesses.

double edit:

i feel like this is a needlessly aggressive post for no real reason? >_>

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    It's not needlessly aggressive he's just blowing me shit

It's not needlessly aggressive he's just blowing me shit

I MEAN IT'S THE INTERNET I WASN'T SURE >_____>

DNiDlnb.png