As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

USMNT: The Next [Soccer] Generation

191011121315»

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    That corner was pretty funny.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Unbelievable.

• Options
    Divock Origi ascending to god tier is one of the least likely things to ever happen

• Options
    Unbelievable.

From my point of view at least, but the amazing thing is that the Liverpool players didn't seem to doubt for a single second of the match that they could win.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    The score from camp nou was not reflective of the respective effort levels in the match. I'm sure they felt robbed last week, why can't they steal it back the next?

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    un. fucking. believable.

that these two games have been back to back. and with some of the most unlikely heroes.

holy god damn.

This is the best cl semis ever I think.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Arsenal fans on suicide watch.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I feel like this has been threatened for most of my life.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Had a rematch against the team of that dude I put in hospital last month.

He was absolutely fine; back playing the next week. Couldn't make this game because of work. I had heard secondhand information that nothing serious was reported from others in the club, but it was great to get a full recovery report from his teammates.

4-4 draw in the replay with both teams blowing 2-goal leads.

I, ironically, couldn't play as I rolled my ankle in the previous game trying to get onto a free kick into the box and coming down awkwardly from a header.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That was awesome'd because you didn't wreck the dude for life.

Not for the ankle rolling. Those suck.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    If a guy giving you a goal in his first sixty minutes of play is a sign of good scouting, then the Timbers front office is on some Lewis & Clark shit. Because between the last game and this one, this guy Brian Fernandez went and picked up three in that timespan. Here's the third (unselfishness from Chara, but the pass that unlocks the whole damn thing is all The New Guy):

The longest roadtrip ever is finally over after twelve goddamn games. Most people I talked to agreed that averaging twelve draws would be good, so snagging 14 points feels pretty awesome.

The back half of the season is mostly one long homestand and it's going to be fantastic.

• Options
    FeloniousmozFeloniousmoz Registered User regular
    After the first three matches of the season, I had us at 4 points total for the 12-match road trip. I am estatic with 14.

Steam: FeloniousMoz
  • Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI if you're looking for the Champions League Final in the US it's on TNT.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Don't feel like you have to go out of your way, though.

So far it's been one of the worst CL finals I can remember.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Divock Origi....

Fucking Hell

• Options
    I like this kid, he knows what's up

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    US 7-0 Thailand in the Women's World Cup opening match for both and I feel bad for Thailand. I know they qualified, too, but this is just a rough start to get off to.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Dear heavens.

10-0

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    12-0, 5 goals for Alex Morgan tying a record for a single World Cup game

• Options
    13-0 Final. Yikes

• Options
    This is the best thing to ever happen in a football match

• Options
    Alex Morgan sipping tea as a goal celebration is pretty good.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Alex Morgan sipping tea as a goal celebration is pretty good.

And she didn't even use a kettle to make the tea which makes it all that more offensive to the english team.

• Options
    For some reason I'm watching Ghana v Tunisia at the AFCON, and it's gone to penalties.

The Tunisian coach (who is Alain Giresse, football history fans) subbed the keeper just before the end of extra time.
    I can't help thinking this subbing the keeper thing is a bullshit 'look at me, I'm dead clever' move from the coach.

• Options
    Tunisia win the shoot out, so that's me put in my place.

• Options
    Lucas has the look of a man who has no idea what's going to happen next and it terrifies him.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My own season came to a close this weekend with me scoring a brace in my final game of the the season. Or at least I would have had both of the goals been awarded; one (a glancing header from a corner) was cleared out of the net after it crossed the line by the defender, but unfortunately the ref was unsighted. Not a bad ref, just a crowded goalmouth and these things happen; you can't always be everywhere and see everything.

I'm still going to claim putting two shots across the line, though.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    The USMNT lost to Canada last night for the first time since 1985.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    OOOOOH CANADAAAA

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    The US men's team is the worst it has been in roughly 30 years, yes. I doubt they'll even qualify for the *next* World Cup, either, the way they're going.
    Which might be for the best, honestly. They'd get laughably spanked by every team that could possibly make it to the WC right now.

• Options

Saw Zimmer trending and was wondering why and now I'm looking to find a copy of this for the next time I need to run through a brick wall.