As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] Coronavirus can't kill HotS if it's already dead #rollsafe

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    It's not needlessly aggressive he's just blowing me shit

I MEAN IT'S THE INTERNET I WASN'T SURE >_____>

Geez @Dibby, you don't need to be so needlessly aggressive!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    It's not needlessly aggressive he's just blowing me shit

I MEAN IT'S THE INTERNET I WASN'T SURE >_____>

Geez Dibby, you don't need to be so needlessly aggressive!

dover please don't be so needlessly aggressive towards me, my goodness

i'm a delicate flower!!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    i feel like this is a needlessly aggressive post for no real reason? >_>
    No real reason? Ducks deserves needless aggression.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Kael'thas needs to be deleted from the game. His kit is fucking stupid and requires absolutely no skill.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    As a newbie who's mostly played vs AI to learn a few champs should I go into ranked, unranked, or quickmatch?

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    You can play QM or Unranked to your heart's content. Unranked is a little tricky if you don't have enough heroes to play, but as long as you don't get banned out and you have 3 tanks and 3 healers available, you should be fine.

Assuming you have enough heroes owned, whether or not you play Ranked play is mostly a matter of personal psychology. Some people will tell you to avoid Ranked until you are "good enough", in order to avoid having to climb up to your rank. Other people will point out that whether you play your games in QM/Unranked or SL almost doesn't matter, because ultimately you have to play a lot of games to obtain whatever rank you are aiming for. Arguably you are playing a different game in QM/UD than you are in Ranked, too. The QM and Ranked populations are largely mutually exclusive, and UD is similarly segregated but an even smaller pool of the player base (something like 5%).

Kael'thas needs to be deleted from the game. His kit is fucking stupid and requires absolutely no skill.

there's about a half dozen heroes i'd rather they delete from the game wayyyy before KT :p

tryyyyy genji/tracer/ktz/illidan/abathur/medivh..............

DNiDlnb.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    skill is so overrated, tbh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

there's about a half dozen heroes i'd rather they delete from the game wayyyy before KT :p

tryyyyy genji/tracer/ktz/illidan/abathur/medivh..............

Genji is a dead hero unless you are a (former) pro or you outclass your opponents.

Tracer still requires 2 healers/supports and has significant weaknesses in waveclear. And she also has a pretty high skill floor.

KTZ has a decent skill floor but otherwise is incredibly binary - either you win because your KTZ is better than your opponents or you lose because your KTZ is ass.

Like Tracer, Illidan is only playable if you have 2 healers/supports available (one of which is preferably Abathur).

Abathur is a GM+ only hero. In every other context he's incredibly binary. In QM he's OP but that's because QM is a dumpster fire for balance. But yes, if Kael'thas didn't exist then Abathur would be my #1 "Delete from the Game" hero.

Like, I agree they should get rid of binary heroes in general, but Kael'thas isn't binary. He requires very little skill to play well, and has almost no interactivity or counterplay. You literally mount up, run at people, press W, and then walk away. You throw Q on waves for free clear. You have an easy-to-aim stun for oh shit moments or follow up. And if you aren't a complete idiot you eventually get a shield that gives you thousands of HP.

Watch any KT in any game and marvel at how fucking stupid it is that he has to do so little work to get so much value. He literally presses one button on an instant cast that can't miss, and it forces the entire enemy team to reposition or eat a metric fuckton of damage. It's ridiculous. KTZ wishes he was as easy to play as KT is.

• SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    What if they changed Living Bomb to spread to only the single nearest hero, not all nearby heroes?

borb_sig.png
    edited May 2019
    let's all rejoice in them removing Chromie from the "delete this hero" list, tho

they finally fixed her~

temporal is still kinda stupid though hmm (but at least it's no longer a guaranteed death, i guess)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Saeris wrote: »
    What if they changed Living Bomb to spread to only the single nearest hero, not all nearby heroes?

Making W a skillshot of some kind (similar to his E) would go a long way. I would not mind the spread damage were it not for the fact that it's literally an instant cast that can't miss.

Nerfing the spread/damage might work, too, but then you run into the issue of it turning into a useless skill or a fancy auto attack if you nerf it too much.

Really, there just needs to be some counterplay, and he needs to put himself at some kind of risk to cast it. He already has Q for long-range poke. There's no reason to give him such a bullshit ability.

Hell, make the indicator more noticeable too. Like, it should flash "SPREAD OUT!" in giant red letters on your screen when you have it, and the lower your MMR, the bigger the font size.

• finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I would just replace Living Bomb with something else or just tie the spread to trait with non-traitted W only doing minor aoe dmg around the target. Damage should be lower than Q.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'd be happy if Living bomb had a short cast time. Even if I'm alone, he can just keep poking me with it with ease. If I don't have self-sustain, I just kinda get forced out of the lane by default. If he had to take some time to cast it, then using the skill would be a bit riskier.

That or maybe if it were kinda like Alarak's lightning strike where damage to the primary target is kinda meh but the secondary damage is much more potent.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    the amount of people that fucking hug me when i have a KT bomb is fucking insane

like, i'm trying to run away from other people to a safe location and this idiot 10% health motherfucker just gets RIGHT UP IN THERE

or the opposite, that holds true as well.

...i wonder how much KT's WR would dip if they added a range indicator to living bomb

probably not very much because people are fucking garbage at the video games

DNiDlnb.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'd be happy if Living bomb had a short cast time. Even if I'm alone, he can just keep poking me with it with ease. If I don't have self-sustain, I just kinda get forced out of the lane by default. If he had to take some time to cast it, then using the skill would be a bit riskier.

That or maybe if it were kinda like Alarak's lightning strike where damage to the primary target is kinda meh but the secondary damage is much more potent.

You can talent into something similar to that. in fact, I like that talent often, if the bombs spread they start doing even more crazy damage.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    I wish it was a DoT by default, but it only spread to others when he used his trait. Then there's some kind of trade off for being so stupid easy.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    It does feel weird that Kael’thas *has* Living Bomb, since it’s actually a Baron Geddon spell.

Not quite sure what fire mage spell to replace it with though. Maybe meteor?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    I support all of these ideas that make Living Bomb less of a bullshit toxic ability.

Also see: Delete Kael'thas from the video game

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Actually, now that I think about it, it could be the spell from the Fire artifact, Phoenix’s Flames.

Maybe something like a light damage line skillshot projectile that puts a DoT on the target, and empowered it explodes when it hits, putting the DoT on every enemy in the blast?

And maybe a talent could give it charges? And other talents can play around with the DoT effects.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    As mentioned earlier, another quick QoL change would be to make the living bomb damage / spread radius visible.

At the moment there's no real idea, even worse when it's a big building, or someone line azmo, stitches, etc..

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    As mentioned earlier, another quick QoL change would be to make the living bomb damage / spread radius visible.

At the moment there's no real idea, even worse when it's a big building, or someone line azmo, stitches, etc..
    There's already a precedent of doing that for e.g., Pyroblast or Kel'thuzad's Frozen Pyroblast, and those aren't really significantly more devastating than a good Living Bomb spread.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    It does feel weird that Kael’thas *has* Living Bomb, since it’s actually a Baron Geddon spell.

Not quite sure what fire mage spell to replace it with though. Maybe meteor?

Should have given Living Bomb to Ragnaros, to be a little closer to reality.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    holy FUCKING SHIT dude i CANNOT fucking handle healing in this fucking game anymore

like i'm playing motherfucking anduin wrynn. manduin. boy banduin. DA WIN WRYNN. and i'm healing my ass off. i'm doing EVERYTHING i can

and still

still

we have a motherfucking 10 death Jaina that finds NEW AND SPECTACULAR WAYS TO DIE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TEAMFIGHT

WALKING UP INTO THEM LIKE YOU'RE A TANK

GETTING LIFEGRIPPED OUT AND WALKING BACK IN

BEING BY YOURSELF FOR NO REASON

?????

AND OUR FUCKIN MORON SGT HAMMER JUST SITS THERE AND EATS ALL THE DAMAGE IN THE WORLD AND I LIFEGRIP HER OUT SHE'S AT 10% FUCKING HEALTH AND SHE RE-SIEGES UP AND EATS FUCKING SHIT AFTER I SPAM PINGED RETREAT FOR 5 FUCKING SECONDS

fuck this dead game

i just can't, man. i can't. i love playing healers but i'm so FUCKING SICK of not being able to carry or influence games in the slightest

DNiDlnb.png
    Saeris and I played with a 12-death Fenix recently.

At one point, for 5 minutes straight, he would rez, run in front of our keep and die. In the exact same spot. Over and over.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I honestly can't play Healers anymore, either. The fucked up thing is that I enjoy the role, but I get so fucking titled watching lanes go uncleared, camps go untaken, over-extensions go unpunished, and every other mistake that people make because they were never forced to actually UNDERSTAND the game they're playing. I just can't do it anymore; I can't play heroes that have to just sit back, helplessly, and watch as the whole match goes to shit. I can't just sit back and pray that my teammates aren't fucking terrible. That's what Blizzard wants Healers to be.

Fuck it, I'll do it myself.

Saeris and I played with a 12-death Fenix recently.

At one point, for 5 minutes straight, he would rez, run in front of our keep and die. In the exact same spot. Over and over.

This was honestly more funny than frustrating. But all the same, after a game like that, one has to take a break.

borb_sig.png
    I honestly can't play Healers anymore, either. The fucked up thing is that I enjoy the role, but I get so fucking titled watching lanes go uncleared, camps go untaken, over-extensions go unpunished, and every other mistake that people make because they were never forced to actually UNDERSTAND the game they're playing. I just can't do it anymore; I can't play heroes that have to just sit back, helplessly, and watch as the whole match goes to shit. I can't just sit back and pray that my teammates aren't fucking terrible. That's what Blizzard wants Healers to be.

Heal as Rehgar.

3DS Friend Code:
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular

Heal as Rehgar.

Being able to clear a wave at level fucking 16 doesn't count.

holy FUCKING SHIT dude i CANNOT fucking handle healing in this fucking game anymore

like i'm playing motherfucking anduin wrynn. manduin. boy banduin. DA WIN WRYNN. and i'm healing my ass off. i'm doing EVERYTHING i can

and still

still

we have a motherfucking 10 death Jaina that finds NEW AND SPECTACULAR WAYS TO DIE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TEAMFIGHT

WALKING UP INTO THEM LIKE YOU'RE A TANK

GETTING LIFEGRIPPED OUT AND WALKING BACK IN

BEING BY YOURSELF FOR NO REASON

?????

AND OUR FUCKIN MORON SGT HAMMER JUST SITS THERE AND EATS ALL THE DAMAGE IN THE WORLD AND I LIFEGRIP HER OUT SHE'S AT 10% FUCKING HEALTH AND SHE RE-SIEGES UP AND EATS FUCKING SHIT AFTER I SPAM PINGED RETREAT FOR 5 FUCKING SECONDS

fuck this dead game

i just can't, man. i can't. i love playing healers but i'm so FUCKING SICK of not being able to carry or influence games in the slightest

guys i just realized, this is what being a healer main feels like isn't it

and y'all feel like this all the time?

whoof

DNiDlnb.png
    Eh, it's a living.

borb_sig.png

Heal as Rehgar.

Being able to clear a wave at level fucking 16 doesn't count.

Well if you want to clear waves sooner, you could take the lightning talent at level 4 and just clear waves and camps with nonstop lightning.

3DS Friend Code:
    Yeah, but if your waveclear rotation plan is to have your healer run up and melee stuff then you're probably doing something wrong.

It probably works for the majority of games, though. Especially in QM.

You all are trying to impose reason on a clown fiesta. Embrace the crazy and have a good time.

3DS Friend Code:
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    You all jinxed my games today. Had jo/anduin/naz/falstad into 5 melee, last pick shows tychus for 25 sec then pivots to mura at last second, takes haymaker and dies 9 times, thanks.

Next game we have someone pick tassadar because I guy showed butcher, doesn't end up taking butcher or any melee. Get stomped hard.

So one, never take tassadar, second even if you think it's going to roll them, why would you put your faith in that butcher actually being any good.

Here we are lamenting not being able to carry a game, and fucking idiots in draft are just willingly going I want to have no impact at all, maybe this guy will pick butcher and carry me.

Today is a bad hots day...dibby started it

PSN SeGaTai
    I played Tassadar yesterday in QM and won easy.

I've also won several Illidan games recently.

QM, the ultimate clownfiesta.

edited May 2019
    I played Tassadar yesterday in QM and won easy.

I've also won several Illidan games recently.

QM, the ultimate clownfiesta.

every time i play illidan i get absolutely fucking dumpstered because QM being QM, i guess

except one time when we had an abathur and an auriel and i was fucking OMEGA enabled, but we still lost because the rest of my team could not get their shit together

hmmmm

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    At this point the biggest factor in how games go isn't the heroes or how strong or weak they are, or even your own skill level.

It's what level of players you get in your game.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    You can play QM or Unranked to your heart's content. Unranked is a little tricky if you don't have enough heroes to play, but as long as you don't get banned out and you have 3 tanks and 3 healers available, you should be fine.

Assuming you have enough heroes owned, whether or not you play Ranked play is mostly a matter of personal psychology. Some people will tell you to avoid Ranked until you are "good enough", in order to avoid having to climb up to your rank. Other people will point out that whether you play your games in QM/Unranked or SL almost doesn't matter, because ultimately you have to play a lot of games to obtain whatever rank you are aiming for. Arguably you are playing a different game in QM/UD than you are in Ranked, too. The QM and Ranked populations are largely mutually exclusive, and UD is similarly segregated but an even smaller pool of the player base (something like 5%).

Tried a couple of QM games with Rehgar. Ended up winning both, tho I did get called a "garbage healer piece of..." in one of them. I finished really low on hero damage on both games, I think I'm being too passive and scared of dying.

Played some E.T.C. in vs AI he seem pretty simple, are there any other good tanks for a noob?

ETC is a great starter tank. His abilities are pretty straight forward and quite effective. His biggest issue is his very low HP.

Jo is basically unkillable due to her trait and hefty HP.
    It's a little tougher to get value from her, though, since she's a little more team comp dependent.

Muradin is a also good starter tank. The number of cleanses makes his Q stun very weak but with his dwarf toss, giant ult, and stone skin, he's a giant damage sponge. His jump is also one of the best escapes in the game so he's a good hero to try out. Almost always safe the jump to save yourself rather than aggressively jumping into the enemy... until you're really comfortable with him.

Arthas is another good damage sponge, especially with the army of the dead ult. He's also a little more niche but very very good against melee bruisers.

Garrosh is hilarious to play as, but you need to know when to ride that thin line of taking damage / getting armor to properly tank. I'd wait him out if you're really new to tanking. Same with stitches... that hook takes practice.

Diablo is another really strong tank, but similar to garry you need to know when to go in and when not to, since his only real escape is dependent on having an enemy unit in an escape path.

Oh and Anub... he's arguably one of the strongest tanks right now due to various reasons. He can be a good tank to use early on as long as you're conservative with the burrow charge as it's his only escape. Once you're more comfortable with it and the rest of his kit, you can start using it aggressively and become a stun beast. Also his web wrap ult is generally crazy useful in fights.

l4lGvOw.png

wra