As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spoiler tag solution

Mighty JMighty J Registered User regular
I forgot to mention this in the earlier thread about spoiler tags. There's an extension called BBCode that has most of the tags people use on forums, accessed in the right click menu. You can also add custom tags, like spoilers, custom images, etc.

So if you want to use spoilers without having to type the tags out, just install the extension, and it has settings in the bbcode right click menu. Click on BBCode -> Settings, then on the Custom Tags tab.

settingspu6.jpg

Then just select 1 in "Number of Custom Tags" and there will be an area for you to label the tag. Just put in "Spoilers" in the Label box, and
_value_
and click ok.

And that's it. Just select the text you want to spoiler tag, and select the tag in the bbcode right click menu. If you want to add more tags, just select how many you want to make, and there's a wiki that shows you how to make different kinds.

sig.pl?mightyj
Mighty J on

• Options
    anyprophetanyprophet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Err. It doesn't want to work with Firefox 2.0. Even though the site clearly says it works with 1.0 - 3.0a1

:(

anyprophet on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Neat! I didn't know about that.

[spoiler:6c98037bb7]test.[/spoiler:6c98037bb7]

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    anyprophet wrote:
    Err. It doesn't want to work with Firefox 2.0. Even though the site clearly says it works with 1.0 - 3.0a1

Yeah, it won't install for me - it says it only works with Firefox versions 0.9 through 1.4 by default.

fake edit: You can modify the install.rdf within the .xpi to get it to install in Firefox 2.0. The site linked in the OP explains how to do this...I got it working.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [spoiler:b568f296d0]It works.[/spoiler:b568f296d0]

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [realspoiler:625506e22b]You can make one for realspoiler too.[/realspoiler:625506e22b]

Drez on
  • Options
    anyprophetanyprophet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    anyprophet wrote:

Nevermind. He tells you have to change the version number at the bottom of the page.

[spoiler:91ef5bb313]I am making post.[/spoiler:91ef5bb313]

anyprophet on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oh my.

This is very useful. Thanks!

Javen on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2006
    Drez wrote:
    [realspoiler:b168d5b85c]You can make one for realspoiler too.[/realspoiler:b168d5b85c]

You know, every ontopic forum has a rule about abusing realspoiler tags.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    [realspoiler:30cb236d8e]You can make one for realspoiler too.[/realspoiler:30cb236d8e]

Hey, I didn't know it could do that. It spoiled me.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    [realspoiler:44679f5849]You can make one for realspoiler too.[/realspoiler:44679f5849]

OK. Now run along to your other forum and post about how I don't care what you think.

It is quite obvious to anyone with even a modicum of sense that I was not abusing the tag. I was demonstrating that it worked with the aforementioned Firefox extension.

Drez on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    One thread was all I asked for. Just one.

I mean, this one seemed really promising in the beginning. It was someone being helpful, and showing people something neat (thank you, Mighty J).

So, the next person who posts something which is not constructive in this thread is getting banned, and I swear I'm not going to be nice about it and just lock it this time.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Mighty JMighty J Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oh yeah, I should've mentioned it'll install just fine if you have Nightly Tester Tools. It's another extension, that makes firefox install any extension, whether it's compatible or not. I think it works for themes also.

Alright, I'll stop shilling extensions now.

Mighty J on
    sig.pl?mightyj
  • Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Test

Awesome. Also works for colors that aren't listed in the drop down.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    You guys are so lazy. This is like ordering groceries online. Other than spoilers, realspoilers, and lime, I can't think of any other tags that aren';t listed that are commonly used.

And besides, it's fun to laugh at new people who post stuff like
    MightyJ was born with webbed feet
    thinking that they've limed it. Or they get confused.

This will probably come in handy the next time someone is making a thread littered with spoilers, though, and I guess it's nice to know it's around. There is a thread I've been thinking of making for a while where it could really come in handy.

Does anyone know of any similar extensions for Opera that operate the same way? Firefox is too resource intensive (that's the polite way of putting it) for my machine.

Einhander on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    And here Sheri was telling me that liming for troof was so last week.

I told here I was old school.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    And here Sheri was telling me that liming for troof was so last week.

I told here I was old school.
    Sheri is so last week.

Are we done with this thread? It looks like we're basically done. I'm gonna lock it--if it needs to be unlocked for any serious reason, let me know.

Captain K on
This discussion has been closed.