As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    Steph and I have the same rare eye condition, diagnosed around the same time so I can’t not like him

not enough to cheer for him over the Raptors if they both make it to the finals, but still

Dude, you should try out for the NBA.

it’s true, my three-point % nearly doubled when I got my contacts

unfortunately that only took it up to around 5%, so I still need some practice

Just make sure your wife feels appreciated.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Steph and I have the same rare eye condition, diagnosed around the same time so I can’t not like him

not enough to cheer for him over the Raptors if they both make it to the finals, but still

She’s off work this week and spent the last three days cleaning up the yard

She is very appreciated

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

She’s off work this week and spent the last three days cleaning up the yard

She is very appreciated

Ah, I was referencing this: https://news.yahoo.com/ayesha-curry-admits-lack-male-185401703.html

=P

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Yay, kyries almost gone

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That'll solve Boston's issues.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I’d rather they be worse than supremely unfun to watch

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I do truly love extremely-confident shooter Kyrie Irving.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019

(Knicks fans do, but so do Celtics fans)

Goose! on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    uh...did KD just suffer an achilles injury?

edit: Warriors saying it's a calf strain.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    I'll always treasure this postseason as the one that gave blazer fans both "37" and "4OT", and Dame is possibly much favorite player ever, but tbh his cold shooting and weird passivity is much more similar to his typical playoff performance than the okc series. It happens every postseason. The thing that makes it even harder to understand this time is that he is was so locked in against okc, and the nuggets aren't even really playing the trapping, 2 on the ball defense he usually struggles with in the postseason.

All it takes for them to force game 7 is some decent shooting and a more committed defensive effort, but saying Dame is a lock to be on fire is missing what his previous playoffs have been like.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I'm glad Terry Rozier will get minutes now

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I’d be pretty shocked if the Celtics matched the incoming extremely stupid rfa offer someone is going to give. Too many teams with lots of cap space who need a pg, and the Celtics know rozier isn’t that good really.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I'm more curious what happens to Kyrie. His first post season without LeBron and his shooting percentages absolutely plummeted. He shot 30% (18% from 3) in their losses to Milwaukee. Woof!

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The good thing is, he won't have to worry about his playoff shooting percentages if he goes to the Knicks.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2019
    Butters wrote: »
    I'm more curious what happens to Kyrie. His first post season without LeBron and his shooting percentages absolutely plummeted. He shot 30% (18% from 3) in their losses to Milwaukee. Woof!

I'm not saying we shouldn't clown on the Celtics, but Milwaukee's defense deserves some credit here

DJ Eebs on
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

I'm not saying we shouldn't clown on the Celtics, but Milwaukee's defense deserves some credit here

Sure and same to Indiana's defense but to shoot that badly through 4 straight losses after all the off-court drama he's created is an awfully bad look. It feels like only yesterday he was a maniacal genius for fleeing Cleveland at the perfect time for the perfect situation now he's diva that almost no one in the locker room respects.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Milwaukee was closing out on the Cs as if they had Baelish’s teleportation device. Dudes were closing 7 foot gaps on shooters in a blink.

Double techs are just the dumbest thing ever invented. Is there anyway to be shoved in the NBA and not be assessed a tech?

edited May 2019
    Wow. This playoffs we are getting the 37 footer, the 4OT, AND a game 7!? Win or lose, this is a magnificently fun postseason for blazers fans.

burbo on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Woo okay I was wrong and we get a game 7. I feel better now.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The way the Sixers played last night they can beat anyone.

edited May 2019
    Embiid was +1.1

Per minute

Captain Inertia on
    The way the Sixers played last night they can beat anyone.

Maybe if I never watch again they’ll win the finals. I’m 0-3 this round.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Might as well be the one Nuggets guy.

This team over-performed all year for almost no reason. We’ve always been one guy away, Murray MIGHT be that guy but he needs someone to run with when he doesn’t have it.

Jokic has been so good this postseason it actually makes me mad. He’s easily the third best player in these playoffs by far. I mean good lord he’s like 25/8/8 that’s freakin Lebron numbers.

We’re gonna get dusted next round for sure, even if we do win, and if we do win, it’s because Houston somehow dropped that game to OKC and gave us home court after we piddled that away.

But I have an unrealistic hope about Michael Porter, as he is literally everything we need, as he’s a 6’10” wing who can shoot.

I think the Nuggets could get out of the west

that depends if the Warriors don't try to injure Jokic in game 1

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    The Nuggets will get out of the west if James Harden or Kevin Durant miraculously fall ill with Sevengameitis.

Rodney Hood is killing the Nuggets.

RODNEY HOOD.

Anyone over 6’6” murders them, and they are both 6’7” built like a linebacker and 7 freakin feet respectively.

Better shot tho since Cousins is hurt. Golden State sneakily hates the Nuggets and wake up for those games, and Cousins took Jokic out back and murdered him on both ends the last time we played.

Thankfully there are like only three players in reality who can guard Jokic and two of them aren’t in the playoffs(Gobert and Davis) and Cousins is hurt.

As impressed as I am by Jokic, Denver is still far from a championship team. The Spurs pissed that series away and they're not very good. Much of the Nuggets success can be attributed to their manipulation of the playoff bracket which worked better than it should have

Lol league didn’t rescind embiids “flagrant” from last night

https://streamable.com/ca07v

Intentionally poke a guy in the eye is fine if you’re a nugget or a warrior, but box out and extremely minor incidental contact happens and that’s a flagrant

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular

does it even do any good to report a murder in Westeros?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    DAMN

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

does it even do any good to report a murder in Westeros?

This is absolutely adorable.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Oh, I completely missed this in the lead up.
    HOUSTON — Draymond Green stood outside the visiting locker room at the Toyota Center, greeting teammates as they came in. When Stephen Curry made his way through the crowd, he looked straight at Green — before they slapped hands and bumped chests — and screamed, “Kick me off the court again, boy!”

There is a story behind that.

On the night before Friday’s Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, after arriving from the Bay Area, Curry wanted to get some shots up at Toyota Center. The Warriors’ do-it-all manager, Eric Housen, booked the court from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. so Curry could work on his shot. Somehow, Rockets guard Chris Paul got wind. He decided to go to Toyota Center to get shots up, nixing Curry’s reservations. The Warriors’ point guard offered to stick to half a court, but Paul wasn’t having it.

Curry was kicked off the Toyota Center court.

Hence: “Kick me off the court again, boy!” And Green replied to Curry’s taunt by screaming, “Kick him off! Kick him off!”

Chris Paul cost them game 7 again

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Chris Paul cost them game 7 again

I think it took all of them working together to fuck this one up.

I don't know that the Rockets even played especially bad. Their bench and role players just didn't step up the way the Warriors' bench and role players did.

Capela in particular shit the bed pretty hard. You can argue that the Rockets would've destroyed the Warriors if they had any inside presence whatsoever, but Capela was outplayed on both ends.

I'm just really happy to see Chris Paul lose. Harden isn't a bad guy, although I can see why the way he plays can rub people the wrong way, but CP3 has always been an unrepentant asshole on the court, so I'm glad to see him get his comeuppance and ever win a championship ever.

edited May 2019
    Game 7 today! Woooooooo! I gotta think the blazers are the dogs in this one, but win it lose, this has been a super fun Blazer season.

That being said, I think we've got a good shot, and I'd love to take another swing at those notherfucking warriors.

burbo on
This discussion has been closed.