As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh yeah I knew I forgot some: Dale Eaglesham, Doug Mahnke, Leonard Kirk, Don Kramer, Paco Medina, Mark Brooks, Humberto Ramos (about 60 percent of the time), Chris Bachalo (when he draws girls).

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Okay I'm officially dumb: Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis, Jamal Igle, Dennis Calero.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You could just edit your posts you know.

Synthetic Orange on
    edited January 2008
    You make an excellent point there. I probably would have done that if I was at home and looking at this casually. However, I'm a bit more random (see 'think less') when I'm posting in-between claims at work.

ZombieAsuma on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, if nobody's posted after you, just edit the post.

DJ Eebs on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I got guilted into giving my 52 Animal Man and Last Son Superman to charity last week. It also turns out that my Rogue Trooper was more damaged than the store let on, but never mind.

Wildcat on
    edited January 2008
    I'm heading up to Ohayocon in the morning....here are some of my acquiring goals:

6kqfic1.jpg

80l3fyb.jpg

73504uo.jpg

8av5fzd.jpg

7ysanac.jpg

ZombieAsuma on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Two things:

1. Nightwings face there is pretty damn ugly, I'm sure the fangirls cry once seeing it.

2. I will never understand why blue and grey are better colors for Batman than black.

Cade on
    edited January 2008
    Yeah but the Nightwing is a trading figure so I don't expect detail on it to be all that great. I prefer the black and grey personally myself but that is still a cool figure.

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Oh it's a good pose, but damn I hate the blue and grey color scheme for Bats like there is no tomorrow. Takes away some of his edge as the big bad Batman in the shadows reputation.

Cade on
    edited January 2008
    Well I think the main consensus amongst the comics is that he wears black and grey. There are some stubborn artists like Jim Lee that put him in the blue though. If I buy all the figures I put on my list though that's like $400 so its good and bad.

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    I see him wearing the blue and grey mainly more than black and grey, always bugs me.

You really going to spend four hundred tomorrow if you can or might you take it easy to save cash.

Cade on
    edited January 2008
    I seriously doubt I'll spend $400 over the course of the weekend. I'd really LIKE to get all those figures. But I'll probably just get 2 of the 4 Portrait of Pirates figures and either the Supergirl or Batman...not both.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I don't really venture over here much, but I'm bored and I decided to see whats up.

I caught this thread because while I may not have toys, I do like them and enjoy looking at them. It goes back to being a kid and looking through the Toys R Us ads.

But that's besides the point.

You guys realize that in 5 days, this thread will have been open for 2 whole years?

That is amazing to me.

But I could just be tired.

Filler Inc. on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Geez, I don't even feel like I've been at PA for 2 years. But I've been reading the forums for about 4 years and posting for 3.

On topic though -- Considering I've been in a Star Wars mood, I ordered a loose Boba Fett 300th Figure edition and though he really only has one pose, and it's standard 3 & 3/4, it's a really nice looking figure. I was impressed.

Here's a picture from Rebel Scum

300fett_front1-m.jpg

I also like that they used the darker blue color undershirt and pants, rather than the khaki-off white that is sometimes used.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So this is on sale

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC25949lg.jpg

For $45 at Entertainment Earth

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC25949#LargeImage

It's 10 inches tall

EE is actually having a huge sale.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ShimSham wrote: »
    So this is on sale

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC25949lg.jpg

For $45 at Entertainment Earth

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC25949#LargeImage

It's 10 inches tall

EE is actually having a huge sale.

Being an owner of this here statue, I can definately recommend it . It looks so much better in hand. Not a big EE fan though. They overprice a lot of items you can generally get for a lot cheaper at other sites.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't really like the pose, but I might get the Samurai Jack and Aku bobbleheads.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    Though not a huge surprise, new photos of the variants from Series 3 of Mattel's DCUC line have been released.

DCUC3Deathstroke_Var.jpg

DCUC3Sinestro_Corps_Var.jpg

Hasbro can eat ass. I'll stick with these thank ya very much.

Bad Karma on
  • Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for posting those. I wish that Sinestro was a regular release figure instead of a variant. I think it looks better than the one coming out in the GL line, mainly because I'm not crazy about the Hitler haircut on the DC Direct figure. :) Have they released case ratios for the variants?

Worsel96 on
    edited January 2008
    Worsel96 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting those. I wish that Sinestro was a regular release figure instead of a variant. I think it looks better than the one coming out in the GL line, mainly because I'm not crazy about the Hitler haircut on the DC Direct figure. :) Have they released case ratios for the variants?

Something like 1 in 10 for the variants. Apparently the 'modern' Red Tornado has been almost impossible to find.

Of course, for me, the entire line has been impossible to find. Plenty of wrestling figures though! Which is great because I have no interest in them!

Bad Karma on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    All I see in stores in terms of Superhero figures are DCSH Scarecrow, a handful of random JLU figures, and Marvel Legends Quicksilver.

Never even saw a Clayface. I'm wondering if the stores around me even restock.

Lux on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh man oh man oh man.

Iron Fist shirt!

http://www.mutant-america.com/clothing.htm

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Nogs wrote: »
    oh man oh man oh man.

Iron Fist shirt!

Those are pretty obviously not official but I'm buying one anyway.

august on
    edited January 2008
    yeah, if they come out with an offical one that looks good i'll buy it. but for now, this will do nicely.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • GreyHunter316GreyHunter316 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    august wrote: »
    oh man oh man oh man.

Iron Fist shirt!

I got the modern Multiple Man shirt and I just have to say it is all kinds of awesome and great quality.

GreyHunter316 on
    edited January 2008
    august wrote: »
    oh man oh man oh man.

Iron Fist shirt!

I got the modern Multiple Man shirt and I just have to say it is all kinds of awesome and great quality.

do you happen to know what brand of shirts they use? like look on the tag and see if it says Fruit of the Loom or whatever. just so I know the sizing and how it might fit. I always go from medium/large depending on the brand.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh man

you know what the need right fucking now?

they need the people who did the New Frontier figures to do some Spirit ones

Sars_Boy on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What's that really zappy looking superman logo from? The blue and white one.

And yeah, the multiple man and iron fist shirts are very tempting.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2008
    What's that really zappy looking superman logo from? The blue and white one.

Electric Superman

Bad Karma on
  • Worsel96Worsel96 A Castle in the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Worsel96 wrote: »

Something like 1 in 10 for the variants. Apparently the 'modern' Red Tornado has been almost impossible to find.

Of course, for me, the entire line has been impossible to find. Plenty of wrestling figures though! Which is great because I have no interest in them!

Thanks. That sounds about the same for where I live. I never really saw any of the Batman and Superman DCSH figures and I don't have high hopes for this new wave. Ah well. I don't think it helps that Target and Walmart look like they only ever restock the wrestling and pokemon figures whilst everything else gets the short shrift.

Worsel96 on
    edited January 2008
    Great news coming from this weeks ToyFare magazine.

First look at Series 2 of the Jack Kirby New Gods wave...Helloooo Kalibak!

kalibak1og4.jpg

And second, after the amazingly successful Justice line, DCD and Alex Ross are back together to bring us a brand new line based on the Justice Society of America. No physical product to show yet, but there were two sketches of Alan Scott (squee) and Starman (squee x2)

Bad Karma on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    That is good news, although you could have cropped out the caption on Kalibak there...

DMAC on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

And second, after the amazingly successful Justice line, DCD and Alex Ross are back together to bring us a brand new line based on the Justice Society of America. No physical product to show yet, but there were two sketches of Alan Scott (squee) and Starman (squee x2)

Very good news on the JSA, but will it be the new JSA or the "All Star Squadron" JSA? I just have one figure to go to complete my All Star Squadron set (The Spectre). But I will definitely be wanting Ross-designed versions of Garrick, Scott, and Power Girl. Who am I kidding? I'll buy the whole line.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    Briareos wrote: »

Very good news on the JSA, but will it be the new JSA or the "All Star Squadron" JSA? I just have one figure to go to complete my All Star Squadron set (The Spectre). But I will definitely be wanting Ross-designed versions of Garrick, Scott, and Power Girl. Who am I kidding? I'll buy the whole line.

The figures will be based on the current JSofA.

Bad Karma on
    edited January 2008
    The latest Sideshow Legendary Scale bust is..

011008thorpo7.jpg

I don't collect this particular line, but they generally turn out great each time.

Bad Karma on
    edited January 2008
    Any Nazi's out there will be pleased to know that Sideshow's Red Skull Premium Format statue is now up for sale.

Bad Karma on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh god.
    Sharp Want.

(not a nazi!)

Sharp101 on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    yes you are stop lying