As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I was prepared to go hard on this banner because I really wanted FB4 fodder, but I got a Mareeta and an Idunn in 20 orbs, so I think I'm gonna start hoarding now.

Outside of a few 5* exclusive, extremely long-term projects, I just don't burn serious orbs on much right now.

The things I'll spend my orbs on, in a general priority:
    • Extremely good skill fodder. This I probably value more than anything, especially if it opens up a really good new build with a unit that I've already maxed out or dumped a lot of merges into. I almost always want to have something like a Special Spiral or a Fort Def/Res 3 on hand in the event that a new refine comes out that has really excellent synergy. I'm much more interested in getting units that I can +10 with feathers into their perfect, high investment builds, than I am just getting good units flat out.
    • One of the very, very select few 5* exclusives that I'm trying to +10. I've only ever considered three units for this, two are done, making this category pretty much just Zelgius.
    • Very strong units, particularly legendary and mythic heroes, that I want to remove a bane from or possibly seek out a better boon for. That +1 I value pretty highly.
    • Units that bring something valuable and unique. L! Azura for Gray Waves. Xmas Eirika for being an armored healer. Leanne for being a dancer with potential triple movement (and a dancer with a healing weapon.)
    • Units that I personally like, or are just indisputably good, that I have maybe gotten a few lucky copies of already and are on the verge of a big merge, like +1 or +4. This is where I'm at with L! Lyn, F Morgan, and FGrima.

If a banner has nothing that fits into those categories, I hoard pretty much without question. This approach has served me pretty well over the years. I spend money on the game now and again, but not much, and not too often. Mostly I don't go beyond the monthly deals, though I skip those sometimes when the bonus reward isn't interesting.

How do y'all approach spending/saving your orbs?

Kasyn on
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    My orb expenditure strategy is usually me saying, "Ok, THIS time I'll save my orbs and not spend them on some unnecessary unit." And then not doing that.

This time, I spent 26 orbs alongside my tickets and got:
    Leanne (2nd copy)
    Mareepa
    Evil Tiki

But no Corrin. I really shouldn't complain and I really shouldn't spend any more orbs, but what can I say?

EDIT: Although I'm not sure what I'm saving orbs for. More copies of Myrrh, the only 5-star exclusive I'm trying to merge up? She shows up very erratically so I should be ready, but still.

I was thinking about saving for Tibarn but then I realized that with the New Year's Heroes next on the rotation with their double red, we'd be lucky if he showed up next month, let alone this one.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Hm. I really want to passing Flashing Blade 4 to Mia, but it feels kinda wasteful. I can pass Null Followup 3 along with it, but I already have Chill Speed 3 on Mia. And then there's the fact that the Mareeta I happened to pull is +Spd/-Res, which is ideal.

At least going to wait until I get the tickets from Forging Bonds to make a decision. Maybe another Mareeta will pop out and make my decision easy.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    No banner units, but I got a +HP -SPD Loki. Didn't have her. And one of the few units helped by an HP bane. Interesting, might try her out in AR to gimp dancers.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    45 orbs later I got fallen Celica! She’s new and I’ve wanted a copy of her, so that’s cool.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Mostly A+ accessories in this Forging Bonds. Though it's an oddity in that the EX versions aren't as cool as the regular versions.

Unrelated to this banner, but I love this build on my Caineghis. He beats a lot of units he doesn't using his base kit, especially bold fighters. Obviously his IVs aren't great, which is why he's one of the units I'm now hoarding for. Others are Tibarn and LAlm.

ruaxz4nvps1x.png

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    No banner units, but I got a +HP -SPD Loki. Didn't have her. And one of the few units helped by an HP bane. Interesting, might try her out in AR to gimp dancers.

How is she helped by an HP bane? Her weapon wants her to have higher HP than the enemy.

s7Imn5J.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »

How is she helped by an HP bane? Her weapon wants her to have higher HP than the enemy.

Probably meant boon.

Managed to snag a +atk/-hp corrin on my second attempt on the banner.
    Kind of want to try for mareeta or tiki but probably don't have the orbs for it

camo_sig.png
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I lucked into a Corrin (+DEF/-RES) on my second circle of summons. Now I'm out of orbs.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    mts wrote: »
    Probably meant boon.

Whoops, yeah, I just skimmed right over the actual IV. My bad.

s7Imn5J.png
    So yea I definitely don't have orbs for mareeta. :wink:
    First pull with voucher and I got a fallen tiki. She is +spd and I actually think it is good on her. She sort of has a stat line similar to Amelia that likes a spd boon

camo_sig.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    New Calendar is out
    ss14gt6mklfb.jpg

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Rank 3214 in AR... Golden throne remains out of reach.

So the Dragalia Lost FEH crossover event just ended.

Spoiler from the epilogue:
    coming to a colorless hell near you?
    xjz15a5lyij2.jpg

A "HERO" in his own right.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Finally, they actually send out some compensation orbs. And hey, some grails too!

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Been summoning on the new banner, trying for Tiki.

I have gotten three Corrins.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Managed 3 of 4 since I pulled a mareeta this morning. Corrin and tiki have the best IVs though my mareeta is -spd so boo.
    At least there is darting blow seal to help out

camo_sig.png
    Cavalry quests are some easy orbs today.

edited May 2019
    So the Dragalia Lost FEH crossover event just ended.

Spoiler from the epilogue:
    coming to a colorless hell near you?
    xjz15a5lyij2.jpg

A "HERO" in his own right.

I really hope that isn't implying Dragalia characters in FEH. No offense to the game or anything (I am enjoying it), but it doesn't feel right to put non-Fire Emblem characters in FEH. Especially when there are sooooooooooooooooooo many characters throughout the franchise that aren't in the game yet.
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Yes this was my luck as well. I think I pulled like 6 Corrins off that thing before I got my two Tikis (both +HP, bleh). I swear Corrin has a higher summon rate (although she most certainly doesn't, it just feels that way :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I think I'd prefer TMS:#FE characters before Dragalia Lost characters. They made it into Cipher after all.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

?

Brainleech wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »

?

The update included a bunch of quests like "Clear Training Tower/Chapter X with all Cavalry units".

Or maybe that's been there for a while? I don't always flip through all the quest pages so it was kinda a PSA for other people like me I guess. 5 orbs for like 3 minutes of play ain't bad.

I think I'd prefer TMS:#FE characters before Dragalia Lost characters. They made it into Cipher after all.

Porque no los dos?
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Here I am on the reverse, wanting Corrin but pulling 2 Tiki. I will say she's an excellent pitybreaker tho.

edited May 2019

I mean, I consider that a Fire Emblem game. Same with FE Warriors and hell, even Cipher original characters. If any of those made it in, I'd be totally ok with it. (basically anything in Cipher is fair game IMO)

Warlock82 on
    I can get where you're coming from, but if FEH were to ever have a collab where some outside characters were given heroes in the game, then they could do a lot worse thematically than Dragalia. Heaven forbid that we summon Mario.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited May 2019
    Ive never played Dragalia. But by the looks of it, I'd prefer it to most of the seasonals we already get. They can pretty much handwave anything away with the portal stuff, and at least Dragalia characters would be serious (no fighting with a goddamn towel or whatnot).

That reminds me, I'm not a fan of TT always being seasonals now. I like forging bonds and how they do tickets on new banners, but to have TT never be close to canon anymore sucks. The Black Knight boss, the berserk Hector boss... There was some good stuff in the past.

Acheron on
    I can get where you're coming from, but if FEH were to ever have a collab where some outside characters were given heroes in the game, then they could do a lot worse thematically than Dragalia. Heaven forbid that we summon Mario.

Oh I agree. I'm just kinda stubborn about this I think.. Hehe.. For some reason it just doesn't feel right to have crossover stuff. Even if it's easy enough to explain.

All crossovers are kinda weird. I'm also not really advocating for one, I'm just speculating that they may have done a bit of foreshadowing there.

3DS Friend Code:
    I finally got enough feathers to finish a longstanding project, a +10 Cordelia. My fifth +10 overall! I've invested a ton of skills in her but procrastinated merging her at all for awhile. But Forging Bonds gave me enough to promote the last seven copies she needed.

I feel like a weight has been lifted. Now I can spend my feathers however I like! First and foremost, I'll continue to promote every copy of Reyson I pull. But otherwise I can alternate between promoting various characters into usable fighters, and scattershot +1 merges until I find someone suitable to focus all my attention on. Oh, actually, since I have a spare R Duel Flying I should probably focus on merging up Palla (+1), Caeda (+0), or Aversa (-1). But not until I've rebuilt my feather stockpile.

edited May 2019
    I should really use my feathers and merge stuff. I tend to mostly ignore feather rewards etc for orb stuff
    Yep currently sitting at 210, 000. Now to pick who wants to be +10

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    edited May 2019
    My current project is to get everything (at least in the 3*/4* pool) to +1 to remove banes. I'm actually pretty close to done. I wanna say I have maybe 3 or 4 left? (edit: mental count: Subaki, Niles, Raigh, Gaius, Saizo, Mae... I think that's it?) Not counting the "free" heroes (GHB/Tempest Trials) that I have been skipping for now (since they are all neutral and lack banes). I'll probably do some of them after. I still need to decide who I wanna start spending grails on now that I have a +10 Aversa. (maybe it's worth trying to +10 female Robin now that bow Alm is a fucking monster)

Warlock82 on
    Does promoting a merged 4 star give back the bane or is it permanently lost?

I have a bunch of 4* + a lots that I'm loathe to promote since I don't want or have enough to get back to where they are

camo_sig.png
  • JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    Does promoting a merged 4 star give back the bane or is it permanently lost?

I have a bunch of 4* + a lots that I'm loathe to promote since I don't want or have enough to get back to where they are

As a fresh unmerged 5*, they will regain their original bane.

bonesnacksig.jpg
    edited May 2019
    https://youtu.be/oA6GfeAGGuk

Mangs is gonna flip when he sees the free hero

Also rip my Blazing Blade prediction.. They went this route instead... :/

Edit: I'm not quite sure why, but something tells me Mangs knows....

Warlock82 on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    One of the weakest banners in a long, long time. Pulse Smoke is the only real interesting thing there.

Guess I'm going to keep hoarding until the Mythic Hero later this month.

I'm super hyped for it. Love to see some under-represented games :)

Kasyn wrote: »
    One of the weakest banners in a long, long time. Pulse Smoke is the only real interesting thing there.

A new status effect preventing people from being danced is pretty interesting, especially when they start cranking more skills with it.

s7Imn5J.png
    On the one hand, would love to see Pent and Louise and Tanith etc. On the other... Ugh goofy costumes. Their commitment to having fully half of the new banners in the game be seasonals is really annoying. Pent and Louise deserve their normal versions to be there instead.

I do love the "Isolation" effect. Dance counter is long overdo. Putting it as an HP requirement on a non inheritable healer weapon is weird though.