As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Gradient

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Gradient

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Really like the detail of Tycho 'picking' the lock to get in there. We had a bathroom door in the house I grew up in that you could open the same way

• Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    Probably why I've been playing and enjoying Ubisoft games for 10 years. They generally don't screw with a formula that works. :)

• Options
    Dark080matterDark080matter CrateriaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Now I feel like I too have seen "the new Ghost Recon shit".

Also Tycho's emotional arc in this strip is really something else.

Dark080matter on
  • Options
    OhkaBakaOhkaBaka Registered User new member
    I like to see someone calling out the Taco Bell thing... I mean... I have felt alone for so long, and now Gabe and I are brethren.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like the "for a bad time call" and then the "it's bad" associated with it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    OhkaBaka wrote: »
    I like to see someone calling out the Taco Bell thing... I mean... I have felt alone for so long, and now Gabe and I are brethren.

I mean it's a generally accepted thing that people have known and discussed for years! Not really much of a calling out.

• Options
    I mean taco bell is what you see is what you get. I mean if you don't what you're getting from the bell that's on you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hey man, I love those various combinations of the same ingredients. Sometimes they come out with a new combo that just works.

And when the don't that CGC is always a good treat.

• Options
    Hey man, I love those various combinations of the same ingredients. Sometimes they come out with a new combo that just works.

I will say though the chicken fried taco shell made me sick, like literally vomitting sick. Only thing from the bell that ever destroyed me like that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I will say though the chicken fried taco shell made me sick, like literally vomitting sick. Only thing from the bell that ever destroyed me like that.

That is quite unfortunate.

I tried it and it was basically fine but not worth buying over other things on the menu.

But also I'm not surprised that someone might have gotten sick.

• Options
    zegalogozegalogo zegalogo 19 Newcastle Dr Pottsville NSW 2489Registered User new member
    well just waitin for the series or kinda season on it

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I didn't even notice at first that this was a public restroom.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    v2miccav2micca Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    With all respect to Tycho, this is a comic in which the Visual portion pretty much carries the gag while the written joke is almost inconsequential. So much fun goofy detail in each panel. It really doesn't matter what they are talking about. Fun to have comics like this every so often.

v2micca on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    OhkaBaka wrote: »

I mean it's a generally accepted thing that people have known and discussed for years! Not really much of a calling out.

And not just Taco Bell, but Mexican (really, Tex-Mex) food in general:

(skip to 6:00 in since the embeds don't understand start times)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NItJR02QnI&t=6m

And that joke was probably old THEN.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure what’s weirder, Tycho breaking into the bathroom to talk about Ghost Recon or Gabe being totally apathetic about it

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    KagatoAC wrote: »
    Probably why I've been playing and enjoying Ubisoft games for 10 years. They generally don't screw with a formula that works. :)

Even so, from what I've seen this looks and feel exactly the same as the previous game. It's even got the same plot, only they've swapped out the drug barons with some army guy and his drone factory. If you're going to release it so soon after the last game and not dramatically change or tweak things, then what's the point?

• Options
    armatur3armatur3 San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Those scuffs on the knob... you know he barges in there regularly. lol

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    I didn't even notice at first that this was a public restroom.

there is a crowd of people in the background of panel 1, so maybe work? or someplace else?

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Took me a sec to realise what he had been doing with the screwdriver.

• Options
    OhkaBakaOhkaBaka Registered User new member
    Clearly I don't discuss Taco Bell's menu enough with strangers.

Nope... I think this is the appropriate amount.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Tycho has been guilty of this behavior in the past.

8d5mrccu8i7p.jpg

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    Honestly gabe really is at fault for this bathroom behavior, if he wasn't a twitter shitter Tycho wouldn't know where to find him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I like the possibility that Gabe is citing Taco Bell because that's the reason he's on the toilet in the first place.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I’m not sure what’s weirder, Tycho breaking into the bathroom to talk about Ghost Recon or Gabe being totally apathetic about it

And it's even more apathetic if you consider Tycho probably would have taken a bit to get it open with the screwdriver. He's very calm for someone who had an unknown person banging on his doorknob.

• Options
    He probably looked up "Recent REI sponsorship" and was well aware of what Tycho was coming in about.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    When I first heard about Nacho Fries, I wondered if they were secretly made of tortilla or something. But no, they're actually potato. A totally new ingredient!

Which I guess makes them Child of Light?

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I feel like this video is relevant to the discussion on this comic. Plus, I think it's funny. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajccKO4mRqA

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    If we're gonna talk about Gabe & restaurants with repetitive menus...
    215097239_pAhEz-2100x20000.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png