As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Thread Bombed From Orbit [Closed]

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ended up playing my new found fun mech. Archer with 7 SRM4s and 4 LRM5s. This thing is funny as all heck... Lights come up thinking it is an easy kill then freak out with all the missiles. The LRM5s cycle so fast that I can't keep up sometimes.

Edit: Also we ended the night with a 12-0 rout on the enemy team. Good times.

And then they run into your wingman in the Streakcrow running full speed tweak.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Ended up playing my new found fun mech. Archer with 7 SRM4s and 4 LRM5s. This thing is funny as all heck... Lights come up thinking it is an easy kill then freak out with all the missiles. The LRM5s cycle so fast that I can't keep up sometimes.

7+4=11 ...Is that a typo? Because Mechdb doesn't list a chassis with over 9 missile hardpoints.

Sorry yeah that should be 5 Streak SRM4s and 4 LRM5s.

Ah, would you mind sharing a link for the build? Sounds like fun.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Matches in QM were amazing last night in a “tons of people in unskilled lights” sort of way.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

7+4=11 ...Is that a typo? Because Mechdb doesn't list a chassis with over 9 missile hardpoints.

Sorry yeah that should be 5 Streak SRM4s and 4 LRM5s.

Ah, would you mind sharing a link for the build? Sounds like fun.

Sure, I'll post a link when I get to my desktop for ya. I'm sure it can be better, but I'm lazy and just upgrade it when I find something wrong.
    Nobody wrote: »
    Matches in QM were amazing last night in a “tons of people in unskilled lights” sort of way.

Yep, gotta love everybody wanting that 3 days of Premium Time.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options

Yep, gotta love everybody wanting that 3 days of Premium Time.

Not gonna lie, I had to do it with the Commando and Jenner IIC trial mechs.

I really liked the Jenner and while I had my best run in the one game with the Commando, not sure that one’s for me.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Guys. Time to bring out your missile&AMS mechs! Tomorrow is a Meep meep Warhorn challenge!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    @H3Knuckles Here is the Archer 5W build.

A:6820>1|V@|Lgpd0|[O|2@|2@|[O|i^qd0|[O|Z<2|2@|2@|[Or\0|V@|V@|]O|lOs\0|V@|V@|]O|]Otl0|]O|]Oul0|]O|]Ov@0|jOw:08080

ARC-5W

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    @H3Knuckles Here is the Archer 5W build.

A:6820>1|V@|Lgpd0|[O|2@|2@|[O|i^qd0|[O|Z<2|2@|2@|[Or\0|V@|V@|]O|lOs\0|V@|V@|]O|]Otl0|]O|]Oul0|]O|]Ov@0|jOw:08080

ARC-5W

I like the fact that you don't have to open the hatches to shoot streaks. However, I think the build can be better. This is how I would modify that build. Mainly to avoid ghostheat.
    Lil faster, lil cooler

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Guys. Time to bring out your missile&AMS mechs! Tomorrow is a Meep meep Warhorn challenge!

There’s a part of me that wants to modify my Grinner to have stealth armor and a tag for this.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    The Paradox / Battletech stream is really good.

You know how there were, like, 10 buildings on a "Base Defend" map?

1 new urban map - Terrace Plaza - has more than one thousand buildings. And 10k vehicles and props. Shitty screenshot:

pz3zxt02p4jf.png

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Street level action cam!!!

reajbq64gox7.png

• Options
    Enemy mech standing near an electrical transformer:

s58zgbc8j5rh.png

Blowing it up does a bunch of explosion damage and leaves an electrical field.

They blew it up, and it took out 3 enemy mechs standing nearby - Pather, Spider, Locust. :D

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    That stream looked fantastic. Between 1.6 and the expansion, I'm having trouble sorting out what I'm most excited for. It all sounds fantastic. Maybe the enhanced combat contracts with all the new surprises they've put into them.

• Options
    Well, I didn't plan on doing the first day of the event. But fired it up and ran the Trial Adder and got two KMDDs (along with a kill). So figured what the heck, fired up the Jenner IIc(O) and nailed the KMDD on my second match. Commando 1B with 2SRM4s and 2SPLs got the kill on a juicy red Nova that just out brawled a teammate (then dis-armed a fellow Commando TDK) but my team won because it was in the circle while the Commando was just running away. Wolfhound was easy kill on an arrogant Dire Wolf that decided to face away from me.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Namrok wrote: »
    That stream looked fantastic. Between 1.6 and the expansion, I'm having trouble sorting out what I'm most excited for. It all sounds fantastic. Maybe the enhanced combat contracts with all the new surprises they've put into them.

Let's see if I can do this right ... This should be the clip for the Transformer blowing up:

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/clip/TrustworthyFlaccidZebraCorgiDerp?filter=clips&range=24hr&sort=time

One of my favorite moments during the stream was when they were talking about the new contracts and "combat modifiers" (for lack of a better term that they'd built) that they'd added. One of the guys mentioned that they built a crap load of levers to pull, but no one would ever need all of them. Until Khiva made a mission and just used ALL OF THEM ...

At about 34:50 ...

• Options
    Goddamn do I love my Nova:
    7f2yne8kfwbg.jpg

For the record I was the last one standing.

I, uh, also took care of half the day 2 stuff:

51xa2k5jn4pv.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2019

*snip*

*double-snip*

Yup...looks about right for the Nova. Took mine out and shot down 860 missiles in one match on Frozen City (Classic).

Now for the slog: deal 1000 damage with missiles.

EDIT - Nevermind. It only took 3 matches. One with my Streakcrow and two with my old workhorse. That third match by itself covered 500 missile damage.

I'm also very quickly falling in love with the MW5 preorder warhorn. It's called Blackwell SXII Speakers, and I just love how bassy it is.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Tried forcing the TBR into an ATM or LRM role to get the missiles. It...went poorly.

Took my 6xSRM-2/LB-10X BSW, and had a 700 damage last-man-standing game that easily finished out the missile damage portion.

• Options
    Oh, something that I just noticed while theorycrafting builds for a buddy of mine:

It looks like a recent update made Nav-Alpha/MechDb more passive aggressive. I remember that if you mounted a LRM into an assault mech, it used to have a tooltip say "It is not recommended to mount a LRM on an Assault mech" or something similar to that. Well, now they have a little gold-star pop up in the same location with the mouse-over text "This build has achieved a level of exceptional quality"

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Erlkönig wrote: »

*snip*

*double-snip*

Yup...looks about right for the Nova. Took mine out and shot down 860 missiles in one match on Frozen City (Classic).

EDIT - Nevermind. It only took 3 matches. One with my Streakcrow and two with my old workhorse. That third match by itself covered 500 missile damage.

I'm also very quickly falling in love with the MW5 preorder warhorn. It's called Blackwell SXII Speakers, and I just love how bassy it is.

For me the slog for missile events is the AMS part... Having to huddle with the group in my 3AMS Nova really is boring.

Damage wise, I always take out the Jenner IIc and wreck house.

Edit:

Sorta like this match where I finished the damage portion in 2 matches.
    JR7-IIc_event.png

Did see the most awesome build I need to try out. RVN-H with MRM40!

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Y'know...I think people just don't know how to play Forest Colony (Classic). Just had a match where my entire team decided the best strat was to sit under the culvert in D5 and wait.

Like, not even kidding...the only mechs that moved around were a Jenner IIC, Nova, and my Timberwolf. It was simply uncanny and I had to turn around to make sure people weren't sitting under there just AFK.

• Options
    Oh, before I forget, the Grinner idea I had actually worked out rather well. The only real problem was that while it worked really well the first time, the second time the enemy team had so much AMS that my team's LRMs just couldn't get through.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Y'know...I think people just don't know how to play Forest Colony (Classic). Just had a match where my entire team decided the best strat was to sit under the culvert in D5 and wait.

Like, not even kidding...the only mechs that moved around were a Jenner IIC, Nova, and my Timberwolf. It was simply uncanny and I had to turn around to make sure people weren't sitting under there just AFK.

Yep, it is fun when you get an entire team that has no idea how to play the classic maps. Especially hilarious when they don't know about the tunnel, hidden waterfall in the tunnel, that you can "climb" over the tunnel, there is a ship you can hide in, etc. Or my all time favorite on frozen, the tunnel rush.
    Oh, before I forget, the Grinner idea I had actually worked out rather well. The only real problem was that while it worked really well the first time, the second time the enemy team had so much AMS that my team's LRMs just couldn't get through.

Yeah, that sucks when it is an AMS/missile event. Too many AMS to make the experiments pan out. Sort of how it sucks to be a backstabbing light pilot during a UAV event.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    I just love the sound of the commando's engine.

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I just love the sound of the commando's engine.

Yeah there are a few mechs that I love to hear their engines and servos whir. Like the King Crab.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Going to be hard to get a kill with that stock Commando loadout though. It can survive a lot, but the damage output is just so dang miserly.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    So, last match of last night. Was going through a string of losses. Like, most of the time, it wasn't even close (I think the closest loss was 4 - 12). Figured that with all the lights running around still, I'd keep up with my Streaking mechs. But, I also wanted to do something a little different from my Stormcrow.

This is definitely different.

How'd it do? Well, I dumped the full might of my 10x multiplier and got Terra Therma...and this happened.
    gv55z0i9dtom.jpg
    (edit - spoiler'd for size)

Yeah...good enough for me to end the night on.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Are the unseen getting added to BattleTech?

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Are the unseen getting added to BattleTech?

When asked during the last stream Mitch took a dramatic pause, said "Wouldn't that be nice" and ended the stream.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I'm just saying, I want my Excali... I mean *ahem* Warhammer mech.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I just want my Robotech/Macross turn-based tactical game

and flight sim

• Options
    and fleet sim

I wanna have a simulation where it makes sense to punch out another capship is what I'm saying

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

and flight sim

I'll take the flight sim... Oh God I'd love a Macross game like MWO.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019

*snip*

*double-snip*

@Erlkönig

I ended up stealing your TBR build and put it to work. So far working rather well for me, more wins than losses with it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Remember the other night where I said I saw a MRM40 Raven Huginn? Well I went a bit overboard and came up with a MRM20, MRM10, 1LAMS (for the extra match points), and 1JJ build that is pretty crazy.

AD2930T0|Cd|PGpJ0|i^|X@qJ0|Y@|_@r40s40tP0|GP|HPuP0|GPvA0|GPw806060
    HUGINN

I went for almost full cooldown plus missile nodes, most of the speed tweaks, Ops to get full cool run, and seismic plus radar derp.
    a9f7f9fcbfe5875560b0000008062303cf3730000e80e633e21c330000000

I have to say it is hilarious to run. I was going to run the MRM 40 build, but discovered that the missile tubes on the Huginn are split to have 10 and 20. So to optimize the missile stream it is best to run the 20 and 10. It is pretty decent since it can dish out some crazy damage and runs at 120.2KPH.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

*snip*

*double-snip*

Erlkönig

I ended up stealing your TBR build and put it to work. So far working rather well for me, more wins than losses with it.

It can really be a straight up beast. The main downside is that your cooling is in the arms. If you're okay with sacrificing mobility, you can swap the RT/LT omnipods over to the -D variant: you keep the 2 missiles hardpoints, but lose the jump jets. That way, you can at least retain a couple DHSes if your arms get blown off.

• Options

and flight sim

Well, there isn't an online game but Strike Suit Zero is right there if you want a taste...not enough of a taste to be a full meal, granted, but it's still a damned tasty appetizer.

I should dig out my joystick and play that again.

• Options

*snip*

*double-snip*

Erlkönig

It can really be a straight up beast. The main downside is that your cooling is in the arms. If you're okay with sacrificing mobility, you can swap the RT/LT omnipods over to the -D variant: you keep the 2 missiles hardpoints, but lose the jump jets. That way, you can at least retain a couple DHSes if your arms get blown off.

I haven’t lost an arm by itself yet with it, usually it’s due to a torso going at the same time.

Jump jets are too useful and I go deep (like, 20 odd points) into the mobility tree in my TBR builds so I like the agility too much.

• Options
    edited May 2019

and flight sim

Well, there isn't an online game but Strike Suit Zero is right there if you want a taste...not enough of a taste to be a full meal, granted, but it's still a damned tasty appetizer.

I should dig out my joystick and play that again.

Cool, added it to my wishlist.

*snip*

*double-snip*

Erlkönig

I think my Timber Wolf was left in the SRM6x4 config you listed. Need to check it out again.

You know what I want again? A way to find where you stuffed your warhorns by clicking on the darn thing rather than "highlighting" each mech and reading the loadout in the Mech Bay.

Edit: Also last night I was reconfiguring some mechs. Redid my 3MPL+Rocket Launchers Urbie to be a 2xMRM10 with 3SL build for the laughs. It didn't do that bad...

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Remember the other night where I said I saw a MRM40 Raven Huginn? Well I went a bit overboard and came up with a MRM20, MRM10, 1LAMS (for the extra match points), and 1JJ build that is pretty crazy.

AD2930T0|Cd|PGpJ0|i^|X@qJ0|Y@|_@r40s40tP0|GP|HPuP0|GPvA0|GPw806060
    HUGINN

I went for almost full cooldown plus missile nodes, most of the speed tweaks, Ops to get full cool run, and seismic plus radar derp.
    a9f7f9fcbfe5875560b0000008062303cf3730000e80e633e21c330000000

I have to say it is hilarious to run. I was going to run the MRM 40 build, but discovered that the missile tubes on the Huginn are split to have 10 and 20. So to optimize the missile stream it is best to run the 20 and 10. It is pretty decent since it can dish out some crazy damage and runs at 120.2KPH.

Do missile tubes affect the stream speed of MRM's? I didn't think I had to consider that for their placement.

I would download a car.