As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Yall got a crazy intent.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I've been training for this thread my entire life.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I'm going to derail this thread by saying my fav train simulator video game is Metro Exodus But it's not on Steam until 2020 and that makes me sad :/

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I really hope I don't have to get better at sneaking in this game.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    But to get back on track, this comes out tomorrow on Steam and it looks pretty awesome
    https://youtu.be/n-hDFiqzPjs

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Neat concept, but it's going to be a little silly/annoying if she's still cringing the 30th time she takes someone out protecting her brother/herself. Maybe that's part of the story, though.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Neat concept, but it's going to be a little silly/annoying if she's still cringing the 30th time she takes someone out protecting her brother/herself. Maybe that's part of the story, though.

Someone's gotta toughen that kid up

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Ah yes, the Origins Electrocutioner fight. One of the all-time great videogame Boss Fights.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Ah yes, the Origins Electrocutioner fight. One of the all-time great videogame Boss Fights.

It can't beat the Mysterio fight in Spiderman 2.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Re: Changing game names/order sorting: You can manually edit the relevant Steam file to change both game names and their order on the local machine, the only problem is that game/Steam updates will reset them. There is an editing tool that makes things a bit easier and automates the reapplication after updates:

http://steamedit.tg-software.com/

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

It can't beat the Mysterio fight in Spiderman 2.

Damn Al Qaeda

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    rbkxsoge76be.png

I woke up to another birthday assault. Yay, DLC! Thanks @shdwcaster for the Tomb Raider season pass! <3<3<3

But remember folks: it's not my birthday yet. Let's focus on the birthday that matters most today: Happy Birthday @Madican! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Okay, Doing this stupid mission 5 on stealth is difficult. I think I might be done with stealth. Time to go Loud.

• Options
    Which anthropomorphic species should be ubisoft start making their next sequel in?

My suggestion is ghost recon and ants

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Assassin Bug: Backyard Odyssey

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Lots of fertile ground out there.

i-j7Qg5Rd.jpg

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Ah, Pandora Tomorrow. Also notable for its mysterious omission from Steam, despite its predecessor and successors all being there.

I'd hoped that Sam's guest appearance in Ghost Recon Wildlands might have been teasing a new Splinter Cell. Alas.

Jazz on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Aw damnit. I always remembered it as Teddy Bear Helmet. Still works!

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    Assassin Bug: Backyard Odyssey

Have a sudden urg to play prototype and use the hillary clinton civilian

• Options
    jx2xovzyk6a1.png

@Big Classy did a thing. He did a birthday thing.

Wooo all the rage! Thanks! Such excite! So hype! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Thanks @CroakerBC , he sent a copy of Basingstoke my way.
    I had not spotted this one before but it looks like a pretty interesting stealth/action roguelike.
    HjZWbOl.jpg
    I too finished up Heaven's Vault not too long ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I'm not sure I'm going to run through New Game plus just yet.
    I'm quite curious about what I may have missed and what some of the other possible outcomes are though. I kind of wish it had an epilogue of sorts to flesh out what happens afterwards.
    I know the loose story telling is very deliberate, you find out as much as you're able to dig up, translate, and intuit, but I would like to, once finished be able to get a clearer image of the whole thing. I imagine someone will compile it all together at some point.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Okay, Doing this stupid mission 5 on stealth is difficult. I think I might be done with stealth. Time to go Loud.

When I played MGSV I was a myth, I was the specter of Death, I was the silent reaper of men. I was the unseen and the unheard.

I was a ghost's shadow.

But every now and again

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Yeah, that one might be tricky to stealth the first time.
    There's a spot on the cliff on the west side of the base you can climb to get in, if that helps.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I know there are games where you buy and sell stuff and run a shop. But is there any game where you play a traveling merchant? And then preferably with a barter/trading system instead of gold and also crafting and adventuring with the useful stuff you get and having to trade the vender trash to get the best possible deal.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    FALLOUT, SKYRIM. A significant portion of those games involves bartering your junk into useful items.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I know there are games where you buy and sell stuff and run a shop. But is there any game where you play a traveling merchant? And then preferably with a barter/trading system instead of gold and also crafting and adventuring with the useful stuff you get and having to trade the vender trash to get the best possible deal.

Give Moonlighter a look, been on my wishlist for a time now. Not sure there's any traveling in it, but you are merchant by day and adventurer by night.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

It's only slightly part of these but Atelier Sophie is really fun. You're an alchemist who goes out with adventurers to get materials and keep them healthy while they beat stuff up. Then you come back and make potions and clothes to make them stronger and/or sell for a lot of dosh.

Maybe the other Atelier games are like this too I have no idea i've never played them. Only this one. And it's great.

• Options
    q4q3537c7i0y.png

Apparently birthdays just happen at whateverthehelltime now. :lol:

Thanks @Dirtyboy for House Flipper. I'm not sure what ever gave you the idea I love cleaning though. Have you SEEN my desk...? >.>

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

Give Moonlighter a look, been on my wishlist for a time now. Not sure there's any traveling in it, but you are merchant by day and adventurer by night.

Does Recettear have any adventuring?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

It's only slightly part of these but Atelier Sophie is really fun. You're an alchemist who goes out with adventurers to get materials and keep them healthy while they beat stuff up. Then you come back and make potions and clothes to make them stronger and/or sell for a lot of dosh.

Maybe the other Atelier games are like this too I have no idea i've never played them. Only this one. And it's great.

You should play the others.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Now if they'd just ever go on a decent sale ...

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    [
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »

Does Recettear have any adventuring?

It does, actually- granted, it's just some dungeon crawling and bossfights, but there's a good bit of it in there.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options

Yeah, that one might be tricky to stealth the first time.
    There's a spot on the cliff on the west side of the base you can climb to get in, if that helps.

That fucking gunship

• Options
    The Messenger is at an all-time low price of $11.50 at Chrono.gg today. I have seen very few bad reviews for this since it released, and the "rewind" mechanic is pretty interesting.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Maybe once I finish Sophie.

Do they have reasonably dressed protagonist ladies and buddies that you go adventures on and then a cauldron you brew dresses in once you come home?

This discussion has been closed.