Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

14950525455100

Posts

  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    I got an Ana PotG!



    Sure it's one of those weird assist PotGs where I do very little but let that not detract from an Ana PotG!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    TexiKenBloodySlothH3KnucklesMusicoolemnmnmesurrealitycheckPailryder
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    y1cl2q6jmtle.png

    obF2Wuw.png
    KwoaruBionicPenguinH3KnucklesMusicoolmiscellaneousinsanitySirToastymightyjongyoPailryder
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular


    heartwarming

    obF2Wuw.png
    SirToasty
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    Omg. :( sorry surr.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3KnucklesSirToastymightyjongyo
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    y1cl2q6jmtle.png

    I'm not sure what the intent of that comment was

  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    I think it was "if you play goats you can't complain about goats", and also "play Junk" but I like having a sense of context.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i cant find the original so i view it more as a gnostic transmission from a higher reality

    obF2Wuw.png
    H3KnucklessanstodoPailryderKwoaru
  • MusicoolMusicool regular Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    I feel a similar thing about Rein pickers. No one told you to pick Rein! Rein isn't as necessary as you think! Also it's Gibraltar! So don't complain about how it sucks being Rein but someone has to do it, you silly sausage.

    Also, related: my mind body and soul are all ready for a new tank. I hope it's more like Orisa and Ball - enables dps far more than tanks/supports. Don't let me down Blizzard.

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 13
    Chance wrote: »
    Omg. :( sorry surr.

    its great isnt it

    i got the actual "you have been reported for inactivity/gameplay sabotage" warning rather than just "you have been avoided by lots of people" because if you lose with a junkrat on ur team hey guess u better report them

    gm was fine because a lot of old hands there who seem to not give a shit but when i dropped back into master the toxicity levels in high masters games is absolutely fucking incredible. so many people who are desperate for gm and they get real fuckin salty at anything they perceive as not being optimal. i had 10 games in a row where i was getting flamed in voice or text chat for playing junkrat, one of them incredibly on temple of anubis, quite literally the best junkrat map in the game

    de5is206j0hs.png

    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    One of the benefits of my low SR is that there's shenanigans ahoy in every direction. The only times I've really been battered about by someone's ego is when I've tumbled into a group with some of these Diamond/Masters/Grandmasters douchebags who think their SR entitles them to be total fucking assholes to people.

    That's not how we roll down in gold and plat. We're tying to win and have fun, in that order. We get Syms and Junks and Pharahs and Anas and Baps and solo-tanking Roadhogs - and we can win! We can win with a crackshot solo-healing Zen and a capable solo-tanking Hog and 4 DPS who're all goin' crazy in concert - and when it's not workin' out and we definitely need an Orisa shield, we generally get one before the third checkpoint.

    Maybe it's the fact that there is no text chat on PS4 and I never enter team voice - in fact, that probably has a lot to do with it - but it means the only negativity coming into a game is what I've brought with me (or whatever's up my brother's ass today).

    I understand that Blizz can't look at every report ticket individually, but the auto-bans after x many reports kinda' freak me out. If a player has received so many reports as to trigger an autoban, it should trigger a human being to look up the match logs and compare them to the reports to determine if someone's being reported for one-tricking Torb or for throwing themselves off the map repeatedly.

    I don't understand the specific machinations of that, but my sense is that it's really not too much to ask. Maybe there's thousands of those every day? Maybe it would take hours to glean that information from their match logs? But the auto-triggered bans seems like a genuine bullshit thing, to me.

    ...but maybe I just feel that way because I, too, am a one-trick.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    MusicoolH3Knuckles
  • KanaKana regular Registered User regular
    Upper plat is still pretty douchey, it's the same thing, everyone's just a few wins away from 3k, and they really want it, and it's your fault they're not getting it.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    BRIAN BLESSED
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    Down here in 2700 we're just proud to be outta' Gold. Grateful for the scraps, we are!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    MusicoolsurrealitycheckH3KnucklesTDawg
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    I was just the soft carry in 2 back to backs with a 2 tank 1 Brig solo healer, and a 2 healer 1 D.Va solo tanking.

    I love it down here.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • LostNinjaLostNinja regular Registered User regular
    Ugh, I wish this game would do more about the people who leave matches early consistently at all levels. I just got dropped into two matches in a row (after a minute plus wait time each) in the final seconds of a losing match.

    TexiKen
  • sanstodosanstodo regular Registered User regular
    If you can’t hit a reaper running straight at you, don’t play a hero that needs aim.

    So sick of people who pick dps and can’t hit shit. Just fucking swap.

  • TexiKenTexiKen Steeeve Perry Steeeeeeve PerryRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Ugh, I wish this game would do more about the people who leave matches early consistently at all levels. I just got dropped into two matches in a row (after a minute plus wait time each) in the final seconds of a losing match.

    This is what's going to make or break the game for me this year. The meta is just something that beats you down with playtime but people actively leaving at this point in the games life is inexcusable. They have the server logs to see who is doing it and can match it up with reports and they should be actively tagging the dickheads who keep doing it and either warn them or let them go a day or week without playing the game then.

    The backfill exp isn't worth it, Mystery Heroes has already been a trainwreck and the leavers make it even worse, and there's nothing that will tilt you more than a competitive game that you know you can win/are winning but a asshole leaves and it's lost.

    I can count on one hand the amount of times I've left a game in the past three years, and two of those were out of the blue power outages that had no predictors like inclement weather (one was because a transformer blew up in the area).

    HAB3pqF.png
  • sanstodosanstodo regular Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Ugh, I wish this game would do more about the people who leave matches early consistently at all levels. I just got dropped into two matches in a row (after a minute plus wait time each) in the final seconds of a losing match.

    This is what's going to make or break the game for me this year. The meta is just something that beats you down with playtime but people actively leaving at this point in the games life is inexcusable. They have the server logs to see who is doing it and can match it up with reports and they should be actively tagging the dickheads who keep doing it and either warn them or let them go a day or week without playing the game then.

    The backfill exp isn't worth it, Mystery Heroes has already been a trainwreck and the leavers make it even worse, and there's nothing that will tilt you more than a competitive game that you know you can win/are winning but a asshole leaves and it's lost.

    I can count on one hand the amount of times I've left a game in the past three years, and two of those were out of the blue power outages that had no predictors like inclement weather (one was because a transformer blew up in the area).


    Or having a good or bad string of hard or soft throwers basically determine your SR.

    TexiKenFencingsax
  • sanstodosanstodo regular Registered User regular
    It’s always great when you make a call for peel behind and dva stays firing at a rein shield from 25 meters away and never moves, then bitches for healing even tho the supports are dead because no one came to help.

    The lower I go, the less capable my teammates are at doing literally anything properly, negating my best skills (game sense and calling), dropping me still lower.

  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Confirming that up here at least on PC that upper Plat is full of douchebags with a sense of entitlement to Diamond (especially bitter people who dropped down from Diamond and blame everyone else for making them drop)

    It's all rotten from the top down

  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Since everyone is talking about how much of a nightmare hellscape comp is, I'll throw out a reminder that I'm still down to do vod reviews for people. Been coaching beginner pugs on Jayne's discord the last few months and it's been going well. Wouldn't mind another crack at doing vods.

    H3KnucklesChance
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    o I got straight up banned for the sin of picking the rat

    no country for old rats

    obF2Wuw.png
    MusicoolDevoutlyApatheticKwoaruLostNinja
  • McMoogleMcMoogle regular Registered User regular
    I would also like to remind people there are non-comp modes :D

    steam_sig.png
    Chance
  • MusicoolMusicool regular Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Yeah considering how much money Blizzard makes from this game, the fact they can't pay a few people to check for false reports is inexcusable. Hell, after the first surge of effort you wouldn't even need that many checkers because you'd begin to flag the people who false-report!

    And that itself is a fucking crime. I've told you guys that I've gotten a grand total of two "thank you for reporting!" messages while my friend gets them nearly every sitting. The reason is because I report when I'm sure that the behaviour fits one of the categories, but he reports for basically anything he considers poor form. So I started to report like him and lo and behold that's how I got my first two thank you's. It's a fundamentally broken system that rewards bad faith reporting.

    As for that whole "other game modes" baloney: nyyyeeeeeeerrrrrrr!

    But also, I'm one of those party poopers who doesn't really like zzzzzzany (!) game modes. It feels like eating dessert for dinner. I generally like the actual game mode the designers made. I like well-designed experiences with highs and lows and stuff. It feels more filling.

    Also, I hate playing zany game modes with internet strangers because a bafflingly large number of internet strangers say they want a zany good time, but when they start losing they immediately put on their nearest pair of tryhard pants. The tryhardiness they can manage varies by game mode - like Mystery Heroes is something I'm always curious about trying for this very reason - but it happens. Like I'll play zany board games and LAN games for hours because no one will be a tryhard silly-noggin in a just-for-funzies game around a table of friends...but people do it all the time online. It drains the fun away IMO.

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Phoenix-Dsanstodo
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    o I got straight up banned for the sin of picking the rat

    no country for old rats

    You gotta' be able to protest that, though, right? They've said officially (I'm pretty sure!) that one-tricking is not a report or ban offense.
    McMoogle wrote: »
    I would also like to remind people there are non-comp modes :D

    I'm like 20% arcade, 75% QP, 5% comp (placements) as a general rule.

    The only thing comp offers is a more reliable promise that I'll be playing with and against people of my approximate skill, in exchange for playing way longer matches with way, way higher stress.

    I pretty much only play comp/do placements when my Fucks Given meter had dropped to 2 or 3. If I give too many fucks I start worrying more about the outcome than what I'm doing in this precise moment, and that needs to be landing headshots on domes.

    Playing the game should be fun. 20% arcade, 75% QP, 5% comp.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    LostNinja
  • MusicoolMusicool regular Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Chance wrote: »
    o I got straight up banned for the sin of picking the rat

    no country for old rats

    You gotta' be able to protest that, though, right? They've said officially (I'm pretty sure!) that one-tricking is not a report or ban offense.
    McMoogle wrote: »
    I would also like to remind people there are non-comp modes :D

    I'm like 20% arcade, 75% QP, 5% comp (placements) as a general rule.

    The only thing comp offers is a more reliable promise that I'll be playing with and against people of my approximate skill, in exchange for playing way longer matches with way, way higher stress.

    I pretty much only play comp/do placements when my Fucks Given meter had dropped to 2 or 3. If I give too many fucks I start worrying more about the outcome than what I'm doing in this precise moment, and that needs to be landing headshots on domes.

    Playing the game should be fun. 20% arcade, 75% QP, 5% comp.

    They've said that, but your appeal will often fall on deaf ears. Like there was a guy who posted on reddit months ago about being banned for playing IIRC Doomfist, and the replies to his appeal (upholding the ban) were terrifyingly Orwellian. I'm about to paraphrase from memory but believe me that the reasoning really did sound something like:

    "Yes, Jeff has said that one-tricking isn't bannable, but players can report you and you can be banned for gameplay sabotage, and they can decide that your one-tricking Doomfist is gameplay sabotage."

    Edit:Here. The appeal and reply seem to be deleted, but you can find a lot of what was said in the thread. Basically, according to the man who read the appeal, one-tricking isn't bannable, but if you are countered so hard that it's basically (thought to be) throwing to not switch and you don't switch, then you can be justifiably reported and banned. Leaving aside the question of who gets to make that judgment (answer: the people who reported you!) that is the most catch 22 thinking I've read in years.

    You can appeal your suspension if you haven't done anything wrong, but if you've been suspended it's because you've done something wrong!
    War is Peace! Peace is War! Beware wrongbad thinking!

    But also, I assume surreality wasn't one-tricking or soft-throw-picking the Rat, but had reasons. Which brings us back to the question we left aside: why do the reporters get to judge whether your pick is throwing? Those are the exact worst people to decide that question.

    Edit-Edit: Fun fact, from the rough date of that thread, that was around when I was maining Doom and having great success. I still stand by my belief back then that Doom was sleeper OP already, and only held in check, as Seagull later said, by dive heroes and dive comp not yet being hard nerfed by Brig. So this guy was arguably suspended for simply playing a hero his teammates didn't realise was good already. Reports sure are a great way to enforce popular opinion!

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Oh that is some BULLSHIT. Gameplay sabotage is INTENTIONALLY LOSING. FALSE REPORTS ARE A BANNABLE OFFENSE omfg!

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    NobodymightyjongyoH3Knuckles
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    I really don't care about Doomfist one tricks because all DPS instalockers should be banned

    s586cu2r93hr.gif
    surrealitycheckMusicool
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I really don't care about Doomfist one tricks because all DPS instalockers should be banned

    agreed ban the r o d e n t s c u m

    obF2Wuw.png
    MusicoolChance
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I really don't care about Doomfist one tricks because all DPS instalockers should be banned

    Playing DPS is one of the few ways you can be proactive about increasing your win rate though

    Tanks and Supports rely on your Deeps to not be complete shit

    You can be the best Reinhardt in the world and if your DPS can’t hit anyone, kill confirm, or work as a team, you will still lose

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    Pailryder
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I really don't care about Doomfist one tricks because all DPS instalockers should be banned

    Playing DPS is one of the few ways you can be proactive about increasing your win rate though

    Tanks and Supports rely on your Deeps to not be complete shit

    You can be the best Reinhardt in the world and if your DPS can’t hit anyone, kill confirm, or work as a team, you will still lose
    No I'm pretty sure Bumper would win 95% of his games in Gold

    s586cu2r93hr.gif
  • MusicoolMusicool regular Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Coinage wrote: »
    I really don't care about Doomfist one tricks because all DPS instalockers should be banned

    If we could apply that logic throughout the whole playerbase, regardless of hero and 'metaness', then yeah I'd be on board.

    Especially filthy Tracer mains. :P

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Chancejammu
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    We're the worst.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Musicool
  • MusicoolMusicool regular Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    We're the worst.

    Almost as bad as those Hamster-hipsters.

    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Chance
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    Ham is not a main tank!!!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Musicool
  • MusicoolMusicool regular Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Ham is not a main tank!!!

    You take that back!

    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    ChanceKana
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Ham is not a main tank!!!

    You take that back!

    Get a barrier!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • MusicoolMusicool regular Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Chance wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Ham is not a main tank!!!

    You take that back!

    Get a barrier!

    Why, were you going to stand behind it Tracer? Or how about our Genji? Our Pharah then? Our flank Reaper? No? So imma Hamster.

    Coz that's how I roll.

    ...

    Damn, that toxicity list vid was right. I main Hamster pretty passive-aggressively. :(

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    ChanceNobody
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Ham is not a main tank!!!

    You take that back!

    Get a barrier!

    Why, were you going to stand behind it Tracer? Or how about our Genji? Our Pharah then? Our flank Reaper? No? So imma Hamster.

    Coz that's how I roll.

    i27cor4eo3r4.gif

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    a good hamster can be added to basically any team comp

    hes so good

    obF2Wuw.png
  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    a good hamster tracer can be added to basically any team comp

    shes so good

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
This discussion has been closed.