As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    A ticket got me Emiya A...ssassin. Huh.
    I'm not sure I have literally ever used him.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've pulled him like seven fucking times, but Shiki is right there so I never saw a reason to invest in him

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I mean, I guess I'll get him all set up. But I already have a less than useful 4 star Assassin with Carmilla. Still the only one I don't have a 5 star for. I was hoping to get one of the new Alter Egos to help cover that, but oh well.

uyvfOQy.png
    Finished the Epilogue. Thought Melt was cool enough to deserve one shot to come home.

Banner 1 Roll 1: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE

You will never convince me that account seeds don't exist for this game.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    100/100 missions clear. Extra battle cleared first try.

Archtoria/Waver/Merlin continues to be total bullshit (had Mash soak a death on first round but). So much stall, especially when I can plugsuit to stun or swap Mash in.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Just getting in to Act 4 of this event. Yet again it's clear that magic, and mages, are turbo bad always and forever 100% of the time.

In happier news, I grailed Punch Saint 9 months ago and then basically never used her.

Well, she finally got dusted off and ruined things this event!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm still far behind in this event and am in catch-up mode.

As for rolls, I eventually rolled 450 Quartz for Kiara and struck out hard. 0 Kiara. 0 Demiya. 0 5* Event CEs (compared to the 2 I got from 150Qz Melt rolls). All I have to show from it really is an off rate up Caster Gil.

These were my last major rolls before Summer. Sometimes the gacha just hates you.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    kouhai, please salve my roll salt...

sxBboBJl.png

LyVdct8l.png

Q6YDaVQl.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    These wanted quests turbo mega hyper suck and I hate all of them.

They were the smoothest part for me. Just let Jeanne and the Casters loose and watch the single target burn.

uyvfOQy.png
    I have no support-oriented Servants so I'm completely reliant on friend ones, and it seems I really need one DPS and two supports to do most of these.

Grab Merlin and at least bring whoever you have with any team buffs at all for your attacker. Hans even.

uyvfOQy.png
    Just gonna throw quartz at this cause I've burned two apples trying these and I'm getting nowhere. I can generally get most of these fights down to around 25k hp left, and I just have absolutely nothing left. Really frustrating. Wish I had literally any support Servants.

It's also great when BB decides you just do less damage or take more. Really fun and good mechanic, certainly a great addition to the game.

Just gonna throw quartz at this cause I've burned two apples trying these and I'm getting nowhere. I can generally get most of these fights down to around 25k hp left, and I just have absolutely nothing left. Really frustrating. Wish I had literally any support Servants.

It's also great when BB decides you just do less damage or take more. Really fun and good mechanic, certainly a great addition to the game.

Those aren't random for the wanted or story quests you know.

I have no support-oriented Servants so I'm completely reliant on friend ones, and it seems I really need one DPS and two supports to do most of these.
    It depends on the quest but for most of them I just ran double DPS + single support.

NP+chain once, love tap them again if necessary (break bar). NP+chain again. Also works because there's a few that have class changes.

I mean you can totally runs double support + single DPS but that's really only for artsmemeing or Jaltering.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Special quest done. Rider Martha made it a joke by removing the debuff to let Archtoria do her thing

Ok I finished all of those things and I used somebody's Merlin and it was a lot easier and y'all were right but I'm still grumpy about all of the above.

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    OK. 1/100 missions complete. 4 days, I can do this!

>.>

That was quite the experience... the singularities definitely improved as they went on. Babylonia (ft. Taiga, I have no obligation to lie) was awesome.

I definitely missed the infinite AP cycle once I hit level 100 but I think the 50% cost was a huge help there. Got a couple servants but mostly just have 100 SQ and a dozen summon tickets waiting for... something or other. I'm not blowing them all on the Alter Egos here. Spent a total of 4 SQ on the story... one from Ushiwakimaru (jfc), one on Goetia and two from tilttotal bullshit. I figure that's probably pretty good.

I guess the next major event will be in June, with... some kind of material fest in between? I'm starting to feel a little underleveled... which reminds me, <3 all the awesome servants you let me borrow to get this far. I guess I can pick up a few phoenix feathers or something like that from the last couple BB days. Looks like it'll be a cool event in (checks calendar) February 2021.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I wish I could fight the Bonus/Challenge quest again.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Six Million DL campaign starting on the 15th to the 30th. Special summons for Ishtar, Orion and Quetzalcoatl.

BUT MORE IMPORTANT! NP upgrade for Jeanne (no more stun!) and Legend of Dracula upgrade for Vlad.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Six Million DL campaign starting on the 15th to the 30th. Special summons for Ishtar, Orion and Quetzalcoatl.

BUT MORE IMPORTANT! NP upgrade for Jeanne (no more stun!) and Legend of Dracula upgrade for Vlad.

I already had my Vlad's 2nd skill at lvl10 in anticipation of this moment.

My Bride/Vlad/Tamamo team just got even better.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My NP2 Vlad has been riding the pine for so long

NP4 here. He loves to spook me.

edited May 2019
    Oh, we're also getting the 6th Strengthening set.
    https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Servant_Strengthening_Quests_Part_VI

And Helena and Bryn are getting their NP Buff interludes as well.

vagrant_winds on
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Sieg also gets his NP buffed (standard+33% damage, but also +20% NP Gain for 3 turns on self), making him even more useful for those somewhat-rare Lancer/Berserker Dragons. (No joke, he already hits like a truck whenever those stars align. Farming those venomous assholes in Babylonia is a breeze.)

Sumani is legit good now. He's no longer a meme.

I need him to spook me one more time for that NP5 now

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    It really helps that, well, Lancer Dragons are actually a thing now. But the mere fact that he's now got a Mana Burst alongside a post-interlude NP makes him immensely more useful than at launch, yeah. He actually does somewhat worthwhile damage against Rider Dragons now, as opposed to being completely outclassed by a 1* Assassin.

Speaking of Assassins and being spooked, I've got four copies of Stheno and can't decide whether or not to go for the NP4 or NP1+3 Rare Prisms. I've had 'em in the Second Archive for months now, or at least it feels like it's been months

Neveron wrote: »
    It really helps that, well, Lancer Dragons are actually a thing now. But the mere fact that he's now got a Mana Burst alongside a post-interlude NP makes him immensely more useful than at launch, yeah. He actually does somewhat worthwhile damage against Rider Dragons now, as opposed to being completely outclassed by a 1* Assassin.

Speaking of Assassins and being spooked, I've got four copies of Stheno and can't decide whether or not to go for the NP4 or NP1+3 Rare Prisms. I've had 'em in the Second Archive for months now, or at least it feels like it's been months

If you don't have Mona Lisa MLB, I think you only need 1 rare prism for them (and then enough mana prisms for however many copies you missed)?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Ugh, I'm trying to finish the Final Singularity, and this Chapter 12B fight sucks. Almost none of the servants I've actually spent time levelling up are useful for this fight.

IKknkhU.gif
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Neveron wrote: »

If you don't have Mona Lisa MLB, I think you only need 1 rare prism for them (and then enough mana prisms for however many copies you missed)?
    Correct, it's only 1. I finally did it like 3 days ago once I had enough spare MPs sitting around and burned off NP6 Liz.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So does this event get a rerun? I don't think I have enough time to finish this.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    So does this event get a rerun? I don't think I have enough time to finish this.

In two years it gets a rerun with an added Servant

Bryn's Interlude. :(

Helena's interlude was the usual comedy routine from the usual squad.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Turns out it's possible to do all of SERAPH in 4 days if you're willing to burn 20 golden apples.

Also managed to pick up Ishtar with a couple dozen pulls, so today's starting off nicely. ^_^ I need a crap ton of servant XP, though, now that I've got a giant pile of ascension mats from the event. Whee...

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    There's something very satisfying about determining that the most efficient way for me to 3-turn today's hunt quest is by using Arash as well as a support Arash, featuring Spartacus and Chloe. Quartz-based servants are for chumps.

(Yeah, I know. Waver is hanging around. Still.)