As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    More juicy details from Famitsu: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201905/15176038.html

Church of Seiros
    • A religion deeply rooted in the Fodlan continent
    • It was established by Seiros, a Goddess who is said to have defeated the Liberating King during the Heroes War
    • She was involved with the creation of the Adrestia Empire
    • Both the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus and the Leicester Alliance have gained independence from the Adrestia Empire
    • Thanks in great part to the Church of Seiros, the continent is now at peace with the three powers kept in check
    • Many of the nobles are said to be descendants of people who fought in the Heroes War
    • Nobles have Crests as proof of their lineage
    • These are passed down from generation to generation, but simply being born in the right family doesn’t guarantee you get one
    • There’s two types of crests: large and small ones
    • The larger one carry more “weight” and power than the small ones
    • The closer you are to descendants of the Heroes, the more likely you are to end up with a large crest.
    • There will be times when a child is born with a large crest, out of the blue, though nobody really knows why

Crests
    • Some of the characters received crests from their ancestors
    • A crest can determine the standing of a family in society
    • The crest from the ruling family of the Adrestian Empire has been handed down from generation to generation
    • The crest was first given by the Church of Seiros
    • Sometimes crests are given to people with extraordinary physical and magical skills
    • The protagonist has their own crest, but what it is remains a secret

Students’ crests and skills

Skills are a key element to the personality and growth of a given unit, and are divided into three main categories:
    • Personal skills: skills that are inherent to a given unit.
    • Class skills: skills that are inherent to a given class.
    • Technical skills: skills that are learned upon reaching a given level, and can be learned by almost any unit

Each unit can have up to 5 skills set up at any time
    • You’re free to choose which ones depending on the role you’re giving them in your army, and your strategy
    • At the game’s start, you choose which class to teach from among the three classes at the Officer’s Academy
    • Each one has a diverse set of students enrolled, with radically different abilities

Protagonist
    • A mercenary in exile. They show promise, and so become a teacher at the Officer’s Academy.
    • Personal Skill: Teacher’s Guidance. Gives 1.2x EXP bonus to yourself and any adjacent allies;
    • Crest: ??? Crest. A rather mysterious crest…

Edelgard
    • Leader of the Black Eagles house, and future empress of the Adrestia Empire.
    • Personal Skill: Emperor’s Lineage. Gives 1.2x EXP bonus to Edelgard;
    • Crest: Small Crest of Seiros. A small crest said to have been given by Seiros herself.

Dimitri
    • Leader of the Blue Lions house, and future King of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus.
    • Personal Skill: Royal Lineage. Gives 1.2x EXP bonus to Dimitri;
    • Crest: Blaiddyd’s Small Crest. A small crest handed down within the Blaiddyd family.

Claude
    • Leader of the Golden Deer house, and future leader of the Leicester Alliance.
    • Personal Skill: Leader’s Lineage. Gives 1.2x EXP bonus to Claude;
    • Crest: Riegan’s Small Crest. A small crest handed down within the Riegan family.

Hubert (voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi)
    • Description: He has served Edelgard since he was but a child, and he would do anything for her.
    • Personal Skill: Adviser. Gives Strategy Power +5

Dorothea (voiced by Juri Nagatsuma)
    • Description: She used to be a Diva before enrolling at the Officer’s Academy. She’s the only commoner in the Black Eagles house;
    • Personal Skill: Diva. Allows you to recover 10% of the maximum HP of any adjacent allies at the start of a turn.

Doudou (voiced by Hidenori Takahashi)
    • Description: He serves Dimitri, leader of the Blue Lions house. He looks like a tough guy, but he’s actually a prtty mild person;
    • Personal Skill: Lord’s Shield. Grants Defense +4 during one turn if units does nothing.

Felix (voiced by Yuuichi Hase)
    • Description: a childhood friend of Dimitri’s, who calls him “Boar”. He’s training to hone his swordsmanship;
    • Personal Skill: Lone Wolf. If the Knights have not been deployed, or if their strength has reached 0, then grants Damage +5;
    • Crest: Faerghus’s crest.

Lorentz (voiced by Hiroshi Watanabe)
    • Description: he’s from a noble family. He’s tried to seduce many a women at the Officer’s Academy… fruitlessly.
    • Personal Skill: Prestigious Nobility. If Knights are deployed, grants Damage +2
    • Crest: Gröstal’s small crest.

Hilda (voiced by Yuuki Kawahara)
    • Description: a sweet and skilled young lady, the lone daughter of a Duke. Fond of fashionable and beautiful things.
    • Personal Skill: Scrounge. During battle, if adjacent to male units, ally units get Damage +3
    • Crest: Goneryl’s Small Crest.

New characters
    • Manuela (voiced by Sahicko Kojima). She’s both a teacher and a physician. She used to be the top Diva of an opera company.
    • Hanneman (voiced by Kenji Hamada). A teacher, and a scholar studying the power of the crests. He tends to get pretty enthusiastic when it comes to crests.

Battles
    • Units don’t get to fight on their own
    • They instead get to lead a group of knights, and you get to see them take part in battle
    • When Knights are deployed, the area a given unit can interact with changes
    • Knights can also get stronger by taking part in many battles.

To give orders to the Knights, you use a skill known as Command
    • Major Technical Skill: Command Lv. 1 – When using a strategem, gives Strategy Power +2
    • By raising the level of the Command skill, you can deploy stronger Knights in battle, but also learn various skills useful for stratagems.

Gauntlet Skill
    • Major Technical Skill: Martial Arts Lv. 1 – Grants Hit Rate +5, Avoid +7, Dodge +5
    • In this game, you can get hit twice by one attack. If the attack speed is 4 or higher than your opponent, then you can even hit them 4 times with a single attack. You cannot use Gauntlet with cavalry or Pegasus units.

Stratagems can be used by the units commanding the Knights
    • Stratagems can be for both attacking and support
    • Those used for attacking cannot be counterattacked, and you can even attack multiple enemies at once
    • You can only use them a limited number of times per battle
    • All Out Attack: the name implies, it involves all the Knights attacking the enemy at once. This stratagem also inflicts “Unrest” on the enemy (-10% on all abilities, cannot move, nullifies stats increases, and prevents the enemy from using stratagems).
    • Godspeed Preparation: during the turn it’s used in, grants movement +5. If multiples allies are gathered, then they all benefit from it. You can use this stratagem to speed up even infantry units with slow movements (armored units, for example)
    • Total Attraction: a stratagem to be used on enemies in adjacent spaces. It basically forces them to move close to you, which is really useful to lure them out. This can be used in many ways, such as forcing the enemy to move into unfavorable terrain, or out of favorable terrain instead. You can also use it to move enemies away from a key point on the map.

As you progress through the game, you will unlock the Knights Guild
    • This is where you can hire Knights to use in battle
    • If a unit takes damage, then the strength of the accompanying Knights decreases
    • If it ends up reaching 0, the Knights will disappear, and you will no longer be able to use stratagems with that unit
    • Once that happens, you can go hire more Knights at the Guild
    • At the Guild, you get a list of the various Knights you can hire
    • There you will get info on their status, the stratagems available in battle, and more
    • It costs a fair amount of money to hire Knights, but replacing units that fell in battle costs a lot less

Classes
    • Mercenary: great power and speed. Favors skills related to the sword and axe
    • Cavalier: a balanced unit that excels at Hit and Run tactics
      Class Skill: Repositioning. If unit has movement power left after taking an action, then unit can use it keep moving after taking it
    • Brigand: they have high amount of HP and attack power. Great with axes and the Gauntlet
    • Fist Fighter: a male-only Class. Specialized in attacking enemies quickly with the Gauntlet
      Class Skill: Barehanded Fighting. Allows unit to attack even when not equipped with weapon
    • Mage: can use magic, which is really effective against enemies with high defense
      Class Skill: Fire. If a unit has already learned it, you can double the number of times it can use it
    • Dark Mage: a male-only Class. Unit needs to pass the Dark Magic exam first
      Class Skill: Miasma. If a unit has already learned it, you can double the number of times it can use it
      Class Skill: Curse. If there are enemies in adjacent spaces, they get hit with Avoid -20

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    That is literally the exact same link as the last page.

Perhaps the same famitsu article linked in the twitter post but now with translations for those that don't have the free time to study Japanese.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ah, google translate does a decent enough job that I didn't really consider that much. I guess those posted translations are a bit easier to understand though.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So this is basically...Persona Emblem?

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'd be down for that

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    It was pretty good the last time.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Man, I've been getting so many single stat levels in Echoes that I'm worried it'll bite me some time down the line. I also realized I made the mistake of storming the Temple of Mila before I could get Atlas. . . and Sonya. . . and Est. That would've saved me so much frustration. . .

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Man, I've been getting so many single stat levels in Echoes that I'm worried it'll bite me some time down the line. I also realized I made the mistake of storming the Temple of Mila before I could get Atlas. . . and Sonya. . . and Est. That would've saved me so much frustration. . .

Nah you'll be fine. Echoes level gains are shit in general. Also class promotions will automatically bump you up to certain stat thresholds so like, if you get 0 speed from level ups but the next class is supposed to have 15 base speed, you'll be set to 15 speed.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah unlike most FE you generally want to promote ASAP. I think you can even recycle units so its no big deal.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Hilda Valentin Goneril. (Translations from Twitter.)

She's not a bad girl. Just a bit lazy. A conversation with Hilda.

"For the next mock battle, can I be a substitute please? I'm a useless and weak little girl after all. Oh, I'll be sure to cheer the others on."

The only daughter of the Goneril Dukedom. Perhaps because of how her father and brother spoiled her as she grew up, she has a habit of slacking off, and is good at sweet-talking others.
    Her easygoing and carefree conduct stands out, and is sometimes viewed as a stereotypical "pampered noble lady". She enjoys fashion, as well as fancy things.

"Hey now, weaklings like me won't be useful on the battlefield anyway."

LordSolarMacharius on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Low base stats and high growths, got it.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Or she might be pair up material like Rinkah. It seems like there are rally bots that give bonuses as long as they don't do anything that turn.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I'm assuming she'll be have the highest Strength growths in the game, and is just trying to get out of "lessons". They did use her as an example Brigand, after all:

Brigand
    Specialties: Axes, Fighting
    An axe-fighter with exceptional strength.
    With their excellent vitality, they fare well on the front-lines.

dfvbstgl0v0i.jpg

I am really really looking forward to all the different customization kinda stuff it looks like they are adding to this one. Especially as someone who likes to focus on a small handful of characters. Getting to really mold them in specific ways with progression systems seems super fun.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm assuming she'll be have the highest Strength growths in the game, and is just trying to get out of "lessons". They did use her as an example Brigand, after all

Oh God, she's gonna be another Charlotte, isn't she? I mean, one Charlotte was... fine, I guess. She had some fun supports with Xander and Benny. You know, the ones where she was at her least Charlotte-esque.

But 'outrageously strong woman who pretends to be weak and feminine ~tee-hee~' can get old fast. I mean, it already got old with Charlotte.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I mean, she's basically Serra :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I mean, she's basically Serra :P

I was thinking of Donnel, but that all depends on which game we really came into the series on huh?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited May 2019
    Professor Hanneman (translations from Twitter):

"Now, let's start with what Crests are... Crests, are power. In the distant past, it's said that the goddess granted them to humans, embedding them in their bodies, and passed down through blood."

"Those with Crests might have strong magical powers, or durable bodies, and such... The various Crests correspond to various powers, powers that surpass humanity."

Byleth: "And I have a Crest too?"

"Who knows. It's hard to say without investigating. As I said, Crests are passed down through blood... But even if one's ancestors had a Crest, it doesn't mean one is guaranteed to have one. Only a select few of the descendants can inherit the power of the Crest."

"If one of your ancestors had inherited a Crest, and you just happened to inherit it... Something like that."

//

"You've already heard about it, I presume? It seems they're doing mock battles between classes. That said, I'm not making much progress in my research regarding your Crest... Your flesh... no, your blood is fine. Leave a few drops there."

A researcher studying the "Crests" the goddess gave humanity, and a teacher at the Officer's Academy. Normally a calm individual, he gets quite absorbed when it comes to Crests.
    Particularly, when it comes to the protagonist's mysterious Crest he becomes unable to hide his excitement from academic curiosity. It seems he doesn't quite get along with Manuela, his colleague.

"...Yes, I'm quite excited. Now, you can leave if you wish."

LordSolarMacharius on
    Ferdinand von Aegir (Translations from Twitter):

"My name is Ferdinand von Aegir. I am the eldest son of the proud House of Aegir, an authority in the empire. If you are to join our class, I shall be counting on you."

The eldest son of the Aegir Dukedom, his father holds the position of prime minister in the capital.
    He is very proud of his family's status as high class nobility. He's very confident and hates losing.
    When it comes to Princess Edelgard, her exceptional abilities brew competitiveness in himself.

"As nobility, backing down after being insulted is to bring shame to oneself... Now, follow me!"

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So the church worships the evil dragon, is headed by an evil dragon, or the church itself is an evil dragon D: That last one doesn't work at all.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited May 2019
    It was somewhat obvious... but it's weird for them to just put that out there...

//

Today's Japanese bio release (translations from twitter):

"Before coming to the Officer's Academy, I stayed at the Mage School at the Kingdom's capital. Ann... I'm talking about Annette. I made friends with Ann there... Ah, Lorenz was there too, wasn't he? Ann was nice to me even though I'm older than her, so she's an important friend."

A kind girl, who watches her surroundings closely and can't ignore people in need. She is Imperial nobility, but grew up a commoner in the Kingdom of Faerghus. She once lived in the Mage School of the Kingdom's capital.
    She says she is "a bit older" than the other students.

"But I was wondering, maybe because of that, you might have been overdoing it or something."

//

Interesting that Lorenz (from Gloucester, in the Leicester Alliance) apparently spent time at a Mage School in the Kingdom of Faerghus.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Religion? Evil? In my Fire Emblem?! Well I never oh yeah that does happen a lot

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    If you can't kill your god-dragon, is it even a Fire Emblem game?

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    If you can't kill your god-dragon, is it even a Fire Emblem game?

Technically in Marth's games the dragon goddess is good, and it's just regular old evil dragons that you have to kill. That's variety, right?

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Religion is evil? I’m shocked.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Religion is dragons, that much is assured.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Religion? Evil? In my every JRPG ever?! Well I never oh yeah that does happen a lot

Fixed.

wVEsyIc.png
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I was thinking of how neat a Fire Emblem game set in the far future would be...and then I realized that's just Shadowrun. Instead of heading up evil religions, the dragons have all just become CEOs of megacorporations.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Religion? Evil? In my every JRPG ever?! Well I never oh yeah that does happen a lot

Fixed.

Most recent example of bucking that trend that I can think of was Octopath Traveler, actually

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Cruor wrote: »
    I was thinking of how neat a Fire Emblem game set in the far future would be...and then I realized that's just Shadowrun. Instead of heading up evil religions, the dragons have all just become CEOs of megacorporations.

Remember when they were thinking of setting Awakening on Mars? Good times.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    It would have been a mistake to do that with Awakening, but I think now that Fire Emblem is back and super popular, maybe now it could work to get more weird and experimental with it. Hell, SMT#FE was a great game by all accounts, it's just unfortunate it's stuck on the Wii U and hasn't been ported up to Switch.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Fire Emblem 2099? Sign me up.

wVEsyIc.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    *patiently waits for a Wars game with Fire Emblem character mechanics*

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Fire Emblem 2099? Sign me up.

In this game the Shield of Flames is the firewall protecting the mede.us network, and...

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    The monastery where the game takes place is in a region controlled by the church, isn't it? I wonder how that'll be affected by the story. If they're revealing it in official promotional material, the church being evil probably isn't some late-game plot twist. If you're gonna have access to the monastery for the whole game, then that kinda necessitates everyone at the monastery turning against the church, not just the playable characters.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Gamestop announced a preorder bonus for FE3H
    FETH_PinSet_bonusLG.jpg

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    That's a pretty nice Deer pin.

Man everything about the Deer group is the best... except the secondary members..

This discussion has been closed.