As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Does anypony even remember what the mane point of this thread is anymore?

Gifting people to make them yell at us

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is on sale for $12 for a week and then the price will be increased again with the release of the new content (King of Cards + Shovel Knight Showdown)

Bedlam on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Alright, hoof started on the puns again? I canter deal with much more of this...

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Horse puns? Sounds like it's time to pony on up to end the craziness.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    *walks into Steam thread*
    a3e689e7f2423be3491bb90e391a2b9f.jpg

Zavian on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Why the long face?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    So when is the Steam Thread Garfield Kart Championship Pro Am 500 gonna happen?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Does it have online multi? If it does I'll spot $10 steambux to the winner

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    5vd96t9rmq6e.gif

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Does it have online multi?
    It dosent!

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

Does it have online multi?
    It dosent!

It's in a beta build
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/362930/announcements/detail/1727579062954813889

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Thread is gonna be put out to pasteur soon

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I keep checking in to see when it does. You could say I'm chomping at the bit.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    We're all just stallion until it's new thread time.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    All this because I thought a video game controller in a garfield strip looked kinda like a horseshoe.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure that Steam name change link from earlier will work for everyone but it hints that maybe there will be some policy change soon.

I could see a one-time change being allowed and after that you need to jump through the hoops of writing a ticket.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    All this because I thought a video game controller in a garfield strip looked kinda like a horseshoe.

Every day we stray further from the light of god.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

Every day we trot further from the light of god.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Next mount and blade game should have a messenger ride up offering to buy back one of your prisoners. So that I can tell them that they Serve a cheap fool who needs to send me twice as much money for their erstwhile son

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Uhm.... Okay so I'm aware of just how late i am to get on the wagon...but Could someone explain to me how the steam link thing works? I always understood it generally as a remote device streaming your PC's Steam output, but figured it was never going to be instantanous enough to play any kind of action game on it. How the hell are people playing Dead Cell's on there iphone using touch controls using the steam link app?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Uhm.... Okay so I'm aware of just how late i am to get on the wagon...but Could someone explain to me how the steam link thing works? I always understood it generally as a remote device streaming your PC's Steam output, but figured it was never going to be instantanous enough to play any kind of action game on it. How the hell are people playing Dead Cell's on there iphone using touch controls using the steam link app?

If you have a good enough connection (ideally wired but at least 5GHz) the latency is super low. I was able to play Dark Souls via Steam Link with a controller. I would hate to play Dead Cells with touch controls though. That way lies madness...

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Epic, before store launch: We won't be doing those big heavily discounted storewide sales, we feel they're unhealthy for the industry because they encourage a race to the bottom with pricing

Epic, several months after store launch: For Christ's sake, PLEASE buy something! Please? Look, we've still got plenty of Fortnite money, we'll eat most of the cost, just please please fucking buy something, anything, some of the developers are starting to ask awkward questions

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    In other non-Steam related news, you can get Steep for free on Uplay:

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    $20 for Satisfactory is a great price. Hell, original asking price is great for what you get and its not even 'done' yet.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    It's weird because again Epic seems to be eating the cost on these deals.

Their solution seems to be throw money at the problem. Again.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular

If you have a good enough connection (ideally wired but at least 5GHz) the latency is super low. I was able to play Dark Souls via Steam Link with a controller. I would hate to play Dead Cells with touch controls though. That way lies madness...

Somehow, I missed when the Steam Link got allowed back onto the Apple App Store. Potentially dumb question, but is it possible to pair your phone and computer without being on the same LAN? The idea of being able to play X-COM or something while on my lunch break at work sounds rather appealing.

• Options

Somehow, I missed when the Steam Link got allowed back onto the Apple App Store. Potentially dumb question, but is it possible to pair your phone and computer without being on the same LAN? The idea of being able to play X-COM or something while on my lunch break at work sounds rather appealing.
    I think it happened yesterday or maybe Tuesday so you're not that out of the loop

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    $20 for Satisfactory is a great price. Hell, original asking price is great for what you get and its not even 'done' yet.

Yeah, Satisfactory is fun. just had a new content patch applied to the early access version from the experimental version. Now i can make magic crystals and explode things.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    After Party for 50% off before it comes out sure is something.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

I'd say also be able to have a pretty wide 5 Ghz channel with no interference. I have to use a 20Mhz channel with my WiFi because there's no space in my RF environment, and it's simply not enough throughput for Steam Link.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    How is there not a booming online community?
    ?.jpg

I use steam link from my desktop to my laptop pretty regularly. My PC is wired to the router, when my laptop is in WiFi is perfect 80% of the time, and playable 99% of the time if I'm in the same room as the router. My desktop is tucked away in a nook off of my living room, and while it's still close, it felt like I don't a lot of my evenings away from my wife. Being able to play modern games on a decade old business laptop while sitting on the couch next to me wife is really nice.

My home internet used to be my phone's hotspot. It was too slow on the lan side for steam link. So I made a 25' crossover cable to directly connect my laptop and pc. It worked pretty good, but they still both had to be connected to the hotspot to log into steam. Played through a lot of MGS5 that way.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options

XCOM is actually available on phones (and it's a decent port), so if you don't mind having a separate save, that's an option.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

XCOM is actually available on phones (and it's a decent port), so if you don't mind having a separate save, that's an option.

My wallet: "We don't need to buy this game again, we already have it. Twice, even."
    My brain: "But I have my phone everywhere. This time I'll actually play the game and get it off my backlog! Really!"
    My wallet: [AwwShitHereWeGoAgain.gif]

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Whomever here has an Epic account with Fortnite activity: are you still getting 2FA spam from repeated brute force attempts? I don't have Fortnite, but I'm considering some of these games and I'm hesitant to even use PayPal or a traditional credit card even if I tell Epic not to remember my card number.

I'm trying to figure out possible options for gift cards or burner credit card numbers, but I'm curious if this is a lot of wasted effort.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

This typo is hilarious to me for a whole Lister of reasons.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

I'm not sure about the Apple version but they added offsite streaming to the Android version a month or 2 ago. My very short test showed that the quality was not nearly as good as in-home streaming so I wouldn't rely on it. And for XCOM, I'm not sure how well the PC version will play on a touchscreen. If you play the phone version (which I have played and beaten) you get real touchscreen controls instead of an on-screen controller or some sort of KBAM emulation. But, I mean, for free, it's worth a shot.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Another free game, this time in the Humble Store: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

header.jpg?t=1557845116

HiT BiT on
  • Options

I'm not sure about the Apple version but they added offsite streaming to the Android version a month or 2 ago. My very short test showed that the quality was not nearly as good as in-home streaming so I wouldn't rely on it. And for XCOM, I'm not sure how well the PC version will play on a touchscreen. If you play the phone version (which I have played and beaten) you get real touchscreen controls instead of an on-screen controller or some sort of KBAM emulation. But, I mean, for free, it's worth a shot.

For XCOM, I'm just going to get the phone version. OTOH, there's no iOS version of Jagged Alliance, so I may try those via Steam Link.

• Options
    You might see how xcom handles saves on the phone, could be compatible with the PC version. Your could do some cloud storage fancy footwork to get the PC and phone to share saves. I've done that with pc/mobile before.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    You might see how xcom handles saves on the phone, could be compatible with the PC version. Your could do some cloud storage fancy footwork to get the PC and phone to share saves. I've done that with pc/mobile before.

I discovered this weekend that Pathfinder Adventures just does this, in-game. Pretty wild!

Twitch: Thawmus83
This discussion has been closed.