As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    tfw people report u

ymfe7bld2nf5.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    tfw people report u

ymfe7bld2nf5.png

The true inspiration for the smashing pumpkins.

steam_sig.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    More Workshop silliness: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/bp0xo4/its_finally_here_introducing_multiplayer_flappy

I feel like Blizzard is still missing out by not doing real full mod support, their fans are so dedicated that the dev effort would easily pay off. WC3 Reforged seems to be doing it right at least.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Sombra is like the Spy in TF2 in that her role is to dismantle people who stray from their team. The interrupt on her hack is not about giving a lone, unaware target the ability to stop her hack. It's about giving an aware target a chance to counter it, and two or more people covering each other's backs total immunity.

If we're going to weaken it all, then, I'd say reduce its range so she can't hack you from the rafters. But the cast time and interrupt parameters are working pretty well right now, I think.

i mean this is kind of not what she does tho in comp in practice tho

sombras most meme uses are 1) making reinhardt break his keyboard ( u can be playing a near mirror comp, one has sombra, just hack enemy rein and call it so he and his team are a free shatter) 2) shutting down hammond and multi dps comps (hacking hammond effectively removes him) 3) breaking bunker (randomly turn up behind the stack, spray shots into everybody, farm emp, 30seconds in emp the whole fucking lot including baptiste collect ur sr never lose to that shit again)

she doesnt hang around trying to frag lonely children although she will if she sees you through a wall - she just stands in high dumb places spraying her smg into ur tanks to farm emp asap then wins the teamfight

Made me think of this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/OddModernShieldSquadGoals

The Sombra hacking him is a fellow member of the Shock and you can hear him laughing at one point.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I agree with the general consensus that Hack should be reduced to 4 seconds from 6 and this is from somebody who plays quite a bit of Sombra(even when she was bad).

RN she can hard counter some character to a ridiculous degree(Hammond might as well be a free kill/Ult charge if she gets a good hack off).

EMP could probably stay the normal 6 though.

Dragkonias on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    There should be an automatic 30 minute ban from playing, minimum, if you are just idling and then get disconnected from the game for inactivity (and an unmuteable airhorn needs to go off during the 10 second warning). No excuses, knock it off.

Third day in a row, get into a game and a two/three stack hasn't picked their heroes, don't do anything, and then the stack gets dropped for inactivity, and the enemy is on such a roll we then go through four to five backfill replacements by the end of the game on a failed King's Row/Blizzard World/Rialto 1st point attack. And reporting seems to do jack shit.

I'm not looking for some gotcha moment with this, but could one of the streamers who gets wined and dined at the Blizzard gamer corner they have now just tell Jeff to his face WTF plz fix, it's a glaring problem that us normies have to deal with.

The announcer game going on right now is the most fun Overwatch League has had in a long time, since that game Shanghai almost won last year to finally break the losing streak. No GOATS, the silver players are apparent from the cast, and one player on each team basically trying to carry. Feels real, man.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    3tluji335hy21.png
    thank you for the stats

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    It's about giving an aware target a chance to counter it, and two or more people covering each other's backs total immunity.

This isn't totally true. One of the funniest things I ever saw on twitch was eviltoaster running Hammond and crossing the bridge while complaining about Sombra. He said "She's probably right here waiting for me," and sprayed a few shots around, began walking again and HACKED. There are just some moments for tanks especially where awareness is irrelevant.

And don't even get me started on how irrelevant the interrupt is with controller sensitivity and accuracy. Like I'm often aware that a Sombra might be behind me, but I can't physically spin around fast enough to stop the hack once I hear it.

I've 100% done it on PS4 but my sens is like 95 or something. Some Zens can definitely do it and with two headshots.

For most heroes there's an out. Blink and rewind are both great for it, Mercy can GA away, Moira fades, Brig just turns with her shield up, Lucio boops, Moira fades and on and on.

Most Sombras won't even bother hacking a Zen since discord is basically instantaneous and it just gives more time for Zen to throw out balls (orbs don't drop when hacked anyway)

Defending from a Sombra is basically a quickdraw duel where the Sombra player already has their six-shooter pointed at the Zen while the Zen has to spin around and fire off a gun which might have, like... two or three shots loaded in some of the chambers.
    It feels like butts, it is what it is

Yeah but that's Sombra V anyone. That's Sombra's Gambit. If she jumps you, all she's got is a gun, the player's aim and the element of surprise. Hack simply puts the target on even ground - aim V aim - and executing it takes just long enough to lose the element of surprise. So it's just aim V aim.

...'cept if it gets dicey the Sombra can bail, and you can only hope you get bubbled or healed or matrix'd.

Or that you manage to shoot her in the head.

https://youtu.be/4RA9Y0zCyIU

(First 12 seconds.)

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I'm more speaking from a Zen perspective simply because Zen's hitbox basically fits Sombra's spray gun to a tee and there are few characters like Zen that she can take as easily from 100-0 just as quickly (Even squish tanks like Roadhog are less instapicks and more ult batteries, where hacking to initiate is actually relevant). Most other characters have better matchups on paper

Basically I can tell a good Sombra player from a bad one by whether or not I've died in the first 40 seconds of the match

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    I love the Sombras who think that once you're hacked you're just going to turn tail and run. When those Sombras hack my Hamster when I'm otherwise safe I just run at them firing and screaming with a high pitched rodent's voice. They die or they get out of my way.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Zen's a special case, though - he never needed a hard counter, IMO, but Sombra is Zen's hard counter by a very wide margin. It's Sombra in the pole position, then wayyyy behind her is Tracer, and then another fifty yards back is everyone else. If we weren't simply considering how the spray on her SMG perfectly matches his round hitbox, there's still that ult that instantly drops him to 25% HP.

The thing is, as devastating as EMP is to him, Zen is a bad hack target. All he's losing is the ability to discord and harmony for 8 seconds (is it 8? Idk and I'm not lookin' it up) which, y'know, is a shame, but it's not like Genji without his kit or Tracer without hers. D.Va, Winston, Hog, Rein, Lucio, Doomfist, Mei - so many heroes are kind of devastated by being hacked, while a hacked Zen is still moving just as fast as he was before, with all his defensive abilities intact (as he had none to begin with), and he's still got the almighty volley on M2.

My point is, while Sombra's gun is ideal for killing Zen, Zens live and die by their ability to apply orbs to foreheads and once he's hacked he's still still far more dangerous in general than almost any other hack target and certainly any other support. A Mercy who can't GA away is screwed. A Lucio who just got hacked and isn't self-healing any more is screwed. A hacked Brig who can't shield and isn't getting any Inspire procs is dead. Hanzos, McCrees, Widows, Soldiers, Junks and Ashes can still put out big damage numbers when hacked with excellent aim, and so can Zen.

A Zen still has everything he needs to kill you, minus his discord orb - which a lot of Zens will land on Sombra before the hack executes anyway.

All that being said, Sombra remains the nastiest 1v1 proposition for Zen, I agree. If she doesn't start with the hack and just starts shooting your head from behind, you're gonna' have to be Jjonak to whip around and ding her dome fast enough to live.

And I should probably note, if I'm playin' Zen and the reds have a real mean Sombra? I tend to just... stop playin' Zen. :(

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Yeah...Hack isn't what affects the Zen/Sombra matchup.

Its her being able to take advantage of poor positioning and his hitbox being ideal for her spread.

Dragkonias on
    The all-McCree game last night really showed how poor his ult is, being used more as a joke and insta kill by the enemy team. But it was still one of the better games in OWL history.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The all-McCree game last night really showed how poor his ult is, being used more as a joke and insta kill by the enemy team. But it was still one of the better games in OWL history.

Should have been all junkrat, all pharah, or all Mei (sorry sorry sorry).

Possibly all road hog for the circle of hooks

sanstodo on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    sanstodo wrote: »

all junkrat would actually be fun as fuck because everybody would be getting mined around and just flying everywhere, it would be an airshot fiesta

a lot of mccrees i know use it as an instant cancel reload which is pretty hysterical

flash fan roll ult fan on tanks

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

all junkrat would actually be fun as fuck because everybody would be getting mined around and just flying everywhere, it would be an airshot fiesta

a lot of mccrees i know use it as an instant cancel reload which is pretty hysterical

Doesn't rolling reload McCree anyway?

edited May 2019
    Chance wrote: »

Doesn't rolling reload McCree anyway?

yeah, but you can triple fan if you reset the mag a second time with ult cos his ult like eg whole hog or reaper shift reloads your mag when it ends

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    So it's fan, roll, fan, flash and ult, cancel and fan.

So like 900 damage in around 5 seconds Vs. a target without armor, or approximately 180 DPS sustained. Can FTH headshot? (checks) no.

(Crunch.) Mmmm. (Crunch crunch.) Without roll there's a 1.5 second reload, FTH takes .78 seconds to execute, so it's 300 damage over 2.28 seconds or less than 150 DPS without the quick reloads.

McCree fires 2 normal rounds per second. If each shot is a headshot that's 300 damage per second, but only sustained over 3 seconds at which point there's the reload of 1.5 seconds, which drops it to (900/4.5) = 200 damage per second. The fan-roll-fan-flash-and-ult-fan combo does damage comparable to landing all headshots over the same course of time.

A far lower skill requirement and not much of a tradeoff for very reliable damage. (Crunch crunch.) Oh yes. These are very good numbers. (Crunch crunch crunch.)

the other use is to catch fleeing low hp high mobility targets if the mag is empty for a cheesy snipe eg no deflect genjis etc

obF2Wuw.png
    the other use is to catch fleeing low hp high mobility targets if the mag is empty for a cheesy snipe eg no deflect genjis etc

High Noon's most important use is as a reward for the patience and gamesense of the Tracer waiting behind them on the high ground.

Never less than hilarious.

edited May 2019
    Okay playing Sombra in QP is scratching that niche role itch I tend to have
    Time to learn my enemy I guess

ed: hit a meaty EMP to counter a sound barrier, except instead of hitting ult before teleporting I accidentally teleported before hitting ult
    I'm fucking stupid and I'm fighting the goddamn controls

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Me: honestly, I feel like I'm not getting enough out of Overwatch lately to justify keeping it on my computer and tempting me to put myself in a situation where I'm going to wind up feeling stressed out and emotionally exhausted. I should probably uninstall it.

Overwatch: ANNIVERSARY EVENT!!!

Me: ... later

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Idea to improve McCree's ultimate: during the five seconds while it's charging, all enemies are revealed to your team.
    Idea to improve Winston's ultimate: every punch does 200 damage.

Omg they retooled the animation when Tracer rewinds. Her arms and guns never trailed off to show which way she was spinning before.

https://youtu.be/eYgvox9tmA8

Neat!

Since Brig and goats and the Pulse Bomb nerf it's been rough, but this? This is nice.

Maybe this is what getting buffed feels like? ...kinda?

...what does it feel like?

emnmnme wrote: »
    Idea to improve McCree's ultimate: during the five seconds while it's charging, all enemies are revealed to your team.

No to McCree wallhack - 3 of those are plenty - and Winston mayyybe should do 50 but let's be honest that's putting him in Ulting Genji territory with 1000 hp.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Holy jesus

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Y'know, I think I'm gonna go comss-silent a little more than I ahve been doing recently. Not because I think people are stupid or anything, but because I think the whole idea of shotcalling as a main tank just involves assumptions that are bad for your own play. You think:

1) People understand that the main tank will decide the time and place of the teamfight;
    2) When you ask for things you'll get them.

And that just isn't true. People have different views on what needs to be done and how to do it. And/or they just ignore or don't hear what you're saying. It happens. Nothing wrong with any of that. People see and hear and think different things to you.

The problem is, when I say things I just kinda assume that I'll be listened to, and that means I stop paying attention to what's actually happening. Is that thing I asked for being done? Is my dps behind me or am I the feeder for taking this early fight I just unilaterally declared was the best idea? Also, while having someone call for things is great and all, it takes processing cycles from my brain that I could be using to pay attention to all of these things, which would make me play better. Like sound cues and ult-tracking and stuff. Just general stuff that you shouldn't auto-pilot.

So yeah, I think I've hit another point where comms just aren't worth it for me right now and I have to go back to playing the damn game.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Playing without comms is totally doable, and allows me to concentrate more on my own performance and mechanics. Just keep an ear open for audio cues - listen for when your healers get hurt and need a peel, listen for the footsteps of flankers - and use your ult callout to let people know when you're ready to combo.

The major difference for me is that I don't stumble into phone calls with psychopaths while I'm trying to enjoy a video game.

edited May 2019
    WHAAAAT

I don't need the braids but I love the glasses.

Chance on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    they gave her mech a mecha head!!!!

uc3ufTB.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Gundam feet!

edited May 2019
    I've slowly turned on Widowmaker with regards to her gun. It could be just constantly getting the idiot Widow on my team and those KBAM pieces of shit but while I don't believe anything should change to the initial shot, that follow-up recharge needs to be increased by a quarter of a second or something along with the proportional damage of the shot. Ashe now takes the role of the 2/3 shot sniper but has the distance reduction, Widow can maintain the 1 shot kill but if you miss the head shot it at least doesn't feel like a gimme on the 200 HP heroes and that fake sense of popping off. And to make up for it go back to the shorter cooldown on grapple, I'd be fine with Widow being the distance sniper who can instakill but needs the setup mobility instead of holding more ground than she should.

Also nerf Baptiste plz immortality field needs a longer cooldown/shorter radius or you make his ult buildup twice what it is.

TexiKen on
  • SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    My obsession with spamming voice lines has finally paid off! I submit for your approval a POTG from a 4v4 bookended by extremely appropriate Reaper lines. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/uGoifrvkmm4
    That's "Looks like its amateur hour" to start the video and "Was that all?" to close it out. Perfect.

D.Va outfit is nice if not a tad bit predictable.

That said I'm sure the kids will go crazy over it.

Y'know what the problem with that skin is?

Nothing imaginable could live up to the hype of Jeff announcing it as something that would "break the internet." If it'd had no word from Jeff we'd all be like "awesome - Principal 76 and Professor Amari please."

This discussion has been closed.