As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Void Bastards, Outer Wilds, Draugen & Atmocity out today!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    i wonder what steep is like now

It's been an uphill development.

tres ironic!

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Oh come on now, you're turning a mountain into a molehill, it can't have been all that rocky.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My new favorite flex is gamers getting angry at Epic for having a sale, and saying they're "bribing" people to use the store.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Story of Transistor isn't promising. Do you at least know who the person talking to you via narration is in Hades?

I might pick it up then just wait for it to be done. My track record with roguelikes is that once I finish the game i'm done and will never touch it again. Even if all the content isn't out yet. That's what happened with Dead Cells and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

you currently can't finish it. There's a terminal area but it isn't the final one.

I would agree with the non-linear aspect of the story working really well. The reasons why you're trying to escape Hades are revealed kind of slowly, and the relationships you have with other characters are revealed by:

- giving them gifts to make them like you (you also get modifiers to your runs by doing this)
    - talking to them on repeated runs

Like, one of the first "bosses" you face will show up in the house of hades when you come back if you defeat them on that run (because they're playing by the same rules you are), and that's the only way to further that story/relationship.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    also your kinda grumpy brother shows up from time to time to 'help' you beat a room of enemies and then shows up back at the house at the end of that run where you can talk to him

a lot of the little incidental bits of storytelling are just marvellous

I just love the concept of "you're Zagreus, son of Hades, trying to escape the Underworld and all of your very large family are trying to help, while your dad is constantly a huge asshole to you"

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hades has such a great "dickhead dad" voice

It rules

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    but i do like that the read on Hades is the traditional mythological one. he's just a grumpy bureaucrat, and his reasons for not wanting you to leave are (probably) going to be revealed to be legitimate if not just overly douchey bureaucratic ones.

it's very obvious that the other gods are being set up to be revealed as assholes as well.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Is there any like security reason not to use the epic store at this point?

The only reason I haven't is cause I'm lazy but there is stuff on sale I want

As long as they aren't more likely get my credit card number stolen than steam I'll probably install it when I get home

I think it's hard to say. They've been lazy about other aspects of stuff that consumers CAN see, I personally shudder to think about what things I can't see look like.

Like, there's only so many times you can say "Whoops, yeah, we shouldn't have done it that way or done that at all, but we were just in such a rush to get the store setup that we cut some corners. We'll totally fix it now that we got caught." before I start doubting that there's a single area where you haven't rushed and cut critical corners.

It's worth noting that the whole back end is years and years old. It's been in use since UE4 launched, with it's Marketplace. The actual store is just something new bolted on. Now that doesn't mean they didn't cut corners, but the actual transaction system was launched years ago and not on the mad sprint they are on now with the storefront.

Hades has such a great "dickhead dad" voice

It rules

funfact, the voice of Hades is Logan Cunningham. Once again proving that if you didn't already believe it after Pyre, that the dude has incredible range

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    On one hand, Free copy of Steep

On the other hand, have to open Uplay

dilemma

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Which I could find the link now, but I got to head to work, but there was a quote from an epic employee about how their backend is still mostly manual, so they basically have a manpower limit on how many games and patches they can release on the service at any one time.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    On one hand, Free copy of Steep

On the other hand, have to open Uplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WYHDfJDPDc

no matter what I do play
    all I ever think about is uplay

Brolo on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Didn't see this posted, but Stories Untold is the new free game for the next two weeks on Epic: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/stories-untold/
    It's a really cool narrative thing with 4 different stories using 4 different kinds of adventure/puzzle games. Though I do think the ending ispretty weak from when I watched someone stream it.

edited May 2019
    I am very hyped about necrobarrista, a game folks I know have been pouring their hearts into, set in australia's third least shittiest capital city

Anzekay on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    And cross quoting from the G&T Steam thread:
    SteevL wrote: »
    In other non-Steam related news, you can get Steep for free on Uplay:

57597f6a0c8ee468458b4567.jpg?sw=220&sh=440&sm=fit

All I can see when I look at this picture is
    circle_game-1.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I am very hyped about necrobarista, a game folks I know have been pouring their hearts into, set in australia's third shittiest capital city

I see what you did there, good work

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I am very hyped about necrobarrista, a game folks I know have been pouring their hearts into, set in australia's third shittiest capital city

Wait... is the capital city the third shittiest city, or are there multiple shitty capitals and this is the third one?

Or are there 3 capital cities and this is the 3rd of them, and thus the shitty one?

edited May 2019
    All I can think of when I think about Steep is that E3 demonstration where a guy dies horribly by impacting a mountain while gliding on a wingsuit and nobody really acknowledging it.

"Ze mountain takes its toll."

Undead Scottsman on
    Perrsun wrote: »
    I am very hyped about necrobarrista, a game folks I know have been pouring their hearts into, set in australia's third shittiest capital city

Wait... is the capital city the third shittiest city, or are there multiple shitty capitals and this is the third one?

Or are there 3 capital cities and this is the 3rd of them, and thus the shitty one?

it's melbourne

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    And cross quoting from the G&T Steam thread:
    SteevL wrote: »
    In other non-Steam related news, you can get Steep for free on Uplay:

57597f6a0c8ee468458b4567.jpg?sw=220&sh=440&sm=fit

All I can see when I look at this picture is
    circle_game-1.jpg

I'm really mad at the nazis for ruining the fun game where my shithead friends and I would hurt each other when we were shithead teens

I'm not mad at the nazis for that exclusively, but I am mad

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "You like Steam cuz they give you fucking Steam sales? Oh we'll give you a fucking Steam sale, you consumer worms"

which corporation would you rather be stepped on by

BahamutZERO.gif
    "You like Steam cuz they give you fucking Steam sales? Oh we'll give you a fucking Steam sale, you consumer worms"

2019 in a nutshell.

Perrsun wrote: »

it's melbourne

oh yeah it's melbourne I keep thinking it's adelaide since some of the folks I know working on it live there

I should amend then, it's actually set in australia's least shitty capital city

plz step on me, corpo-senpai

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    which corporation do you think wears the pointiest heels

disney

disney

pretty princess heels which will cut right through your bones, exposing the sweet profitable marrow within

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Melbourne is not Australia’s least shitty capital city

Like the head of the Melbourne tourist board wouldn’t even claim that

Tube wrote: »
    Melbourne is not Australia’s least shitty capital city

Like the head of the Melbourne tourist board wouldn’t even claim that

okay well it's not sydney, darwin or adelaide for certain

perth is too boring, as is hobart. brisbane is okay but it's best feature is being close to the gold coast

canberra definitely is not

so that leaves melbourne

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So I'm trying to think of a Fantasy game 4x/strategy game that has the same sort of customization options and open tech-development you get in some games like Stellaris or Galactic Civilizations. The closest I can think of is Dominions 5? Like, ideally I want a game where I can play Dwarves, or Orcs, or Undead, but be able to customize the faction and development that isn't just one interpretation of every generic fantasy race.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Endless Legend and Fallen Enchantress are the two that come to mind.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Endless Legend is great, the fantasy setting is very colorful

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Age of Wonders 3?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Elemental: War of Magic: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes: Sorcerer King: Fuck Brad Wardell

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Possibly the upcoming Spire of Sorcery which may do it's open beta early access release here in a few days. Or the date will slip again and who knows.

steam_sig.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Satisfactory
    Coffee Stain Studios
    $29.95
    $19.95

Afterparty
    Night School Studio, LLC
    Pre-Purchase
    $19.99
    $9.99

Hades
    Supergiant Games
    $19.99
    $6.99

Oxygen Not Included
    Klei Entertainment
    $24.99
    $8.74

Outward
    Deep SilverNine Dots Studio
    $39.99
    $21.99

looks like epic is willing to pay out of pocket to put some of these on sale
    like 50% off on pre-orders for games
    Oxygen Not Included for 66% off, a week before the game launches out of early access?

Out of curiosity, where are you seeing some of these deals?

When I got home and opened up the my Epic Store software, it's showing Hades as $9.34, and Oxygen Not Included isn't even showing up.

EDIT: Oh, it's on their WEBSITE, not the launcher itself. That's super weird that it shows different deals.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    territory conversion, clearly

hades is 6.99 for me!

liEt3nH.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

hades is 6.99 for me!

I think I just found out what happened.

The launcher autodetected by country as Brazil for some reason, even though I don't even have my VPN on right now.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

hades is 6.99 for me!

I think I just found out what happened.

The launcher autodetected by country as Brazil for some reason, even though I don't even have my VPN on right now.

Yeah, whatever you say... Brazilian Stilts.

This discussion has been closed.