As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    You guys saw the new ally system they're teasing? It seems to imply the possibility of mixing and matching freely, and definitely cross-grand alliance.

Could be cool, or could be busted. (Or both.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Given all the trouble they're having with 'soup' lists over in 40K, I'm kind of surprised they'd be willing to try it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mm, my hope is that it will be quite limited in scope (after all there are some factions where a mercenary cross-over doesn't make much sense!) and more like a Dogs of War situation where certain specific units can be bought in, maybe? Or it could even just be something on the level of Malign Portents which isn't really rolled into the matched play arena that much?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    god I hope it does not turn out like soup

I mean, there are already order lists that are effectively soup that make a showing, mostly having to do with phoenixes

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, are any of the age of Sigmar books worth Reading, and if so which ones would be good to start with and which to avoid.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I'll be kind of surprised it we don't see a new elf (either Tyrion or Malerion) faction alongside Slaanesh stuff in a starter sometime this year.

My brother whom has a high elf dragon house army (i forgot the name of the province it was from) and a wood elf armies. He loudly complains about how his armies are now display items when i work on my DoK army

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Does AoS still have the Empire troops and Brettonian knights? I could never decide if I wanted to paint the knights or a bunch of pistoliers on horseback with cannons.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I'll be kind of surprised it we don't see a new elf (either Tyrion or Malerion) faction alongside Slaanesh stuff in a starter sometime this year.

My brother whom has a high elf dragon house army (i forgot the name of the province it was from) and a wood elf armies. He loudly complains about how his armies are now display items when i work on my DoK army

But high elves have a list Just no army book

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Does AoS still have the Empire troops and Brettonian knights? I could never decide if I wanted to paint the knights or a bunch of pistoliers on horseback with cannons.

Sort of? As I understand it, they're kind of in a similar position to Index-only units in WH40K. Brettonia seems to still be listed as a whole faction, but the Empire's units are split up across several minor Order factions: Empire, Ironweld Arsenal, Free Peoples, and Collegiate Arcane. Note that the Empire had it's own knightly orders who are still under that faction name. Also, I think Brettonia are out of production, but I don't know about the former Empire model range.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    brettonia straight up does not exist and does not have a list

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Caledor! Named for the mage who started the Vortex and saved Ulthuan.

Though didn't he come back in the end times, on a par with Teclis?

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Weird, they are still an option on the warscroll app (the official army builder on the warhammer community site).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

They definitely have points; but no battalions, allegiance traits, or artifacts aside from the generic Order ones - and they will most likely never get any. They also can't ally with anyone. So you could play them in matched play, I suppose, but I doubt you could do so in a tournament. Their points also don't seem to get updated.

But aside from a few sidelong glances from the Flesh Eater Courts fluff, they do not exist in-universe anymore.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    So the British finally got their revenge on the French, huh?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options

But high elves have a list Just no army book

Which is one of his many rants as he said upon finding the box with the high elf army
    It was sure as the sun rises with a new army book for the High Elves

• Options
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if these style of good natured fun to watch (and look like fun to make) videos will end when the company stops making just dumptrucks of cash. I feel like its inevitable and were in a full golden age "you want to do what? fuck it go for it" period.

Edit: This post sounds super (and unnecessarily) negative to me now. I didn't intend for it to be. It's a definite hard turnaround from before, I hope they keep it up.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wonder if these style of good natured fun to watch (and look like fun to make) videos will end when the company stops making just dumptrucks of cash. I feel like its inevitable and were in a full golden age "you want to do what? fuck it go for it" period.

It is a different GW from what it once was so who knows

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Good-natured videos are kind of part of the reason they are making dumptrucks full of cash. Some cheeky videos of them getting in front of some rumors and leaks were one of the first signs of the turnaround.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I also imagine that in the scale of things, these videos cost relatively very little to make, and reap disproportionate rewards in terms of fan engagement and positive PR.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    with the preview of Forbidden Power
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pClsd1ktdmo

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/14/forbidden-power-the-lore/

They mention Teclis so they finally do what was High Elves {but there is also Tyrion so who knows}

I got Looncurse so my brother has warmed up to the ideal of playing with the not wood elves

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I think Teclis is only involved in thaat he built the enlightenment engines that Sigmar and Grungi then turned into the penumbral engines that hid the Vaults.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think the Deepkin are sort've the new high elf analog - pale and pretty with lots of colorful fancy clothes (that are made of fish and/or water).

Though since they ran away from Teclis he may have cooked up some new race. And we still don't have any elves from Tyrion or Malekith yet. Plenty of room to explore more elves from those two.

's gonna be as bad as Warcraft with all the elf sub-races in the end...

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Deepkin are raiders with a slave/servant caste and a bunch of monsters. To me they feel closer to Dark Elves (corsair) and maybe Wood Elves (single biome focus).

Considering how all the god created new elf races are made from the souls from Slannesh's belly I bet all of them will have some deep flaw. The "good" elves will probably be only the remnant model ranges from oldhammer. Swifthawk agents seem to show up the most in the fluff so far.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Well, we’ve got Earth and Water elves, can’t wait to see the Air and Fire types…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Well, we’ve got Earth and Water elves, can’t wait to see the Air and Fire types…

think we'll find out around september?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Aren't fire/air elves just the fyre/sky dwarves ?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    's gonna be as bad as Warcraft with all the elf sub-races in the end...
    Depending on how you count, they've still got a ways to go: (borrowed from Wowpedia)
    9z7ljuhbm8wz.jpg
    Not pictured:
    1. Harpies (Night Elf worshippers of a wind goddess cursed by Azshara)
    2. Dark Ranger style undead High Elves
    3. San'layn (vampire) style undead Blood Elves
    4. Keepers of the Grove & Dryads (centaur-like offspring of Night Elf mother-deity Elune and Malorne, a divine giant white stag)
    5. Centaurs (benighted offspring of a second-generation Keeper and a daughter of the Queen of the earth elementals)
    6. Crystal Dryads (transformed by Crystalsong Forest magic)
    7. Forest Nymphs (fancier dryads)
    8. Frost Nymphs (arctic offshoot)

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm confused where my Nighthaunt allegiance book sits compared to this new Legion of Grief allegiance coming in Forbidden power.

A slightly different flavour or a full replacement?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I'm confused where my Nighthaunt allegiance book sits compared to this new Legion of Grief allegiance coming in Forbidden power.

A slightly different flavour or a full replacement?

It seems like a sidegrade, and a lot of comments on what it gives you made it sound like it wasn't that great. It at least isn't the normal level of 'op' that you see in new faction releases.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mmm, it seems more like the Firestorm city allegiances from a few years ago, which were like alternatives to mixed Order lists if you took units from certain order factions to represent specific cities. Forbidden Power in general seems to revolve around a more narrative game/campaign structure given the nature of the artefacts previewed today (which is fun, certainly), so I'm assuming the two new army options will be in line with that philosophy.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I guess I’m just a bit grumpy that my spooky boys were the last book to come out before this trend of giving everyone a free terrain piece and like the idea of getting in on this gravesite action.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    It is a bit of a shame, I also think they perhaps overestimated the value of ignoring rend across the board with the Nighthaunt so they're a little overcosted in general. (Or it could just be that they're best units are more valuable in a Legion of Nagash allegiance so that's all you see at competitive events.)

• Options
    the biggest weakness of nighthaunt is mortal wounds obliterate them

give them a 5+++ for mortal wounds and they suddenly become a much more reliable force

• Options
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    New rumour engine:

l1cmv783qp3g.jpg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Seraphon feels too obvious for that.

• Options
    New high elf dreggins

• Options
    The square top sales remind me of Seraphon, but the ridged under-belly looks more like a dragon. Could be a new Cold One sculpt for Seraphon I guess, or Kroxigor? But it looks quite a simple sculpt in terms of the scale layout, so maybe just an endless spell?

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Crocosquig.
    Specially bred by goblin sky-pirates.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
This discussion has been closed.