As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

19495969798100»

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, while I’m footling around with NG+ on Heaven’s Vault, I see Humble has Catherine on sale. Can someone make a pitch for if it’s worth it? All I remember is it being a bit provocative for the time, odd story, platforming sections and rave reviews - and tbh the latter is what’s reminding me of my interest now.

Is it good in the context of now? Why?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    So, while I’m footling around with NG+ on Heaven’s Vault, I see Humble has Catherine on sale. Can someone make a pitch for if it’s worth it? All I remember is it being a bit provocative for the time, odd story, platforming sections and rave reviews - and tbh the latter is what’s reminding me of my interest now.

Is it good in the context of now? Why?

I liked it for most of the time playing it for the story that I felt was actually "mature" as in it was dealing with subjects for adults, not teenagers... but the gameplay itself wasn't anything ground-breaking and as the story got closer to the climax it got worse and worse. There's some really shitty transphobia that shows up near the end, and the new edition of the game (which isn't on PC yet) doubles-down on it.

DarkPrimus on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I know the one sale at the end of june leaked, but in my googling people suspected a sale at the end of this month. That still happening do we think? I have VR games I need to purchase!

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Is there a way to redeem codes via the Steam app?

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Is there a way to redeem codes via the Steam app?
    You can use the following link in the phone browser: https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey
    If there is a way to access it from the mobile app I haven't been able to find it myself.

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Somehow, I missed when the Steam Link got allowed back onto the Apple App Store. Potentially dumb question, but is it possible to pair your phone and computer without being on the same LAN? The idea of being able to play X-COM or something while on my lunch break at work sounds rather appealing.

@shdwcaster I tried it from my iPhone at work this morning, and it gave me an error saying it can't find a computer with Steam running. When I went home for lunch, I fired up Slay the Spire and played it on my phone with no issues, once I figured out the controller UI. When I came back to work, I opened the Steam Link app, and much to my surprise, it reconnected to my home computer, and I was again able to play Slay the Spire. I'm not sure if that's what's supposed to happen on iOS device, though...

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I was actually tempted by epics sale to buy something from their store. Then I went and looked at the games available and there wasn't a single one I was interested in so I guess they haven't been as successful at stealing exclusives, or even non exclusives from Steam as I'd thought *shrug*

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm actually tempted to get Satisfactory. If Epic is eating that $10 discount, what would have normally been $3.60 worth of profit suddenly becomes $6.40 operating cost to Epic, which is kind of funny.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I'm actually tempted to get Satisfactory. If Epic is eating that $10 discount, what would have normally been $3.60 worth of profit suddenly becomes $6.40 operating cost to Epic, which is kind of funny.

...When you frame it that way...

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

...When you frame it that way...

Hurry, if we buy enough we can bankrupt Epic!

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Epic games is woth 8 billion, so if we buy 1.25 billion copies of Satisfatory (at a cost of $25 billion), Epic will be toast. :wink:

EDIT: 'course, then THQ would get like $33 billion dollars in revenue, which can't be good.

Undead Scottsman on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Epic games is woth 8 billion, so if we buy 1.25 billion copies of Satisfatory (at a cost of $25 billion), Epic will be toast. :wink:

How many of us regularly post in this thread again? That's gotta be only a few hundred million dollars each, right? Totally do-able.

Jazz on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get some kind of Memorial Day sale to tide us over until then.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    There's a post-apocalypse sale on now, funnily enough.

And, holy shit, Dark Future: Blood Red States actually came out. I was convinced that was vaporware at one point, but it never left my wishlist. I loved the tabletop game, and even more, the fiction that went with it. Time to poke around and see if it's any good.

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @SkutSkut for A New Beginning: Final Cut!

Surviving Mars free weekend. Been waiting for that, it'll be cool to try it out.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Steep is free on Uplay, and holy shit its super fun. The feeling of speed is super good, its super easy to get in and out of random races, challenges, and just exploring. It does pop up a "hey pick up some dlc!" at level 5, but it was just 1 screen and its not nearly as in your face obnoxious as it was in The Crew. I had a lot of fun playing with @Jeix and if we could get a friday night gaming group going for it, it could be a real blast.

https://ubi.li/sUTIR for the free PC Version.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I need to get in on Satisfactory. Epic eating the cost of the sale is pretty awesome. More dosh for the developers!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    omz17cvraak3.png

A last birthday gift arrives! It's from @Madican disguised as Antoshka! I am not fooled!

Thanks for Epido! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Thanks for the Steep headsup. I've been eyeing it for a while. Free is a nice price.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Steep is... a weird game so far. I dunno what I feel about it.

Free is a very good price.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    New thread!!!
    New thread!!!
    New thread!!!

@Echo please close this thread, thank you.

This discussion has been closed.