As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    It makes sense to me. They are really easy to get, so they'll always be targeting newer players. Anything over 100 in a stat starts going TMR territory and those come from trials. Even the easter stuff was designed for a newish player who may have gotten Esther but didn't have any gear for her. No experienced player would use it.

I wish these events had a harder mode to them that had TMR level stuff, but then that would take a lot more work, and I'm not sure they aren't entering the life support stage.

But both the gun and sword are worse than weapons we've gotten from previous events, when excluding Easter Esther. They are uniquely shitty.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    after about the 10th or so run I finally got my first rare and it had a 5 and 10% atk as well....

now to decide if I want to keep running for the chance for slightly better. I know its a low probability but..... a 15,12,10 would still be better let alone a rare with better atk values.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    after about the 10th or so run I finally got my first rare and it had a 5 and 10% atk as well....

now to decide if I want to keep running for the chance for slightly better. I know its a low probability but..... a 15,12,10 would still be better let alone a rare with better atk values.
    In the future trials, unblockable damage is the thing so the 15-20% HP from the rare makes the first roll way better than a 15/12/10 roll. I would leave it be and start running other weapons like Lust Dagger for the rare mod.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think I may have to go with elemental weapons on some folks for greg 2.0. Turns out Esther's breaks plus Sylvies mitigation works for keeping my team upright. But imbuing Loren (2100 atk) and Esther (2700 atk) to BT chain was only taking 1-2% per try. So I may have to give up the rainbow whip to use a 2nd Esther.

I could throw Rem in with Dark/Fire/Wind/Earth, then have Wilhelm with Water. Ice is the tricky one. Sylvie can cover thunder with a buff. Folka won't work as she has to heal and Sylvie is already taxed to the limit, buffing both stats and DM while imbuing.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    but but but..... Esther is still missing about 32 attack...………………………………..

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    I think I may have to go with elemental weapons on some folks for greg 2.0. Turns out Esther's breaks plus Sylvies mitigation works for keeping my team upright. But imbuing Loren (2100 atk) and Esther (2700 atk) to BT chain was only taking 1-2% per try. So I may have to give up the rainbow whip to use a 2nd Esther.

I could throw Rem in with Dark/Fire/Wind/Earth, then have Wilhelm with Water. Ice is the tricky one. Sylvie can cover thunder with a buff. Folka won't work as she has to heal and Sylvie is already taxed to the limit, buffing both stats and DM while imbuing.

I'm in a similar situation, I'm pretty sure that I could manage with 2 Esthers, but getting all the elements could be tricky, you could use an ability like Blizzara Blade on Rem to cover 5 elements though.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular

Yeah, when I did it I chained Loren and Hyoh, and it was about the same couple percent per chaining. Whole thing took a bit over 50 turns, but I'd probably do it different if I had to do it again.

Something else you could try - with two Esthers, try to blast through every other 20% of his health. Take time to stabilize. So, blast through to 80% as quick as possible, then take time down to 60%, then blast through 40%, etc. That way you don't have to worry about sealing, really. And with two Esthers I'm sure she could chain him down from like 60% to dead with chaining her LBs.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Something else you could try - with two Esthers, try to blast through every other 20% of his health. Take time to stabilize. So, blast through to 80% as quick as possible, then take time down to 60%, then blast through 40%, etc. That way you don't have to worry about sealing, really. And with two Esthers I'm sure she could chain him down from like 60% to dead with chaining her LBs.

I know when I tried, chaining Esther's LB with Zeno's Kaleido Slash took 45%ish percent of his health, I'm pretty sure with two properly geared Esthers, chaining from about 80% should be possible.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    When I beat Gilgamesh, I set up the Break thing with the three offensive items. Which was good because I dropped him from a little over 80% to around 15-20% with two Esthers, and then I just finished him off the next turn after he used Break.

I do still need to redo Gilgamesh so I can finish the LB mission, didn't use enough of them the first time

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    So, the facebook/twitter thing where you can get 1000 lapis by guessing the right units from the silhouettes (the answers will no doubt be posted on reddit).

Anyone participating?

I don't have a twitter account and I'm pretty sure my facebook account will get suspended if I use it. Not a big deal since I use google, but still an annoyance. I could use a family member's fb account, I guess, and I hope I don't inadvertently screw them over.

I'm also not okay with just posting my FFBE ID number online. It's on a google doc on the first page of this thread and every FFBE thread on this forum, but facebook is something else entirely.

• Options
    Your ffbe id is at least something that is only used to find friends. I don't think they can use it to snatch your account. But then the spaghetti code is such a mess here that who knows!

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Also, has anyone noticed a decrease in cryst drops on the second part of the story event due to addition of the stupid useless crafting material drops?

[edit] Never mind. Short reddit trip answered the question.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    First round of Gilgamesh and I can't keep anyone alive. They really fucked themselves into a corner with this evade build stuff didn't they? Now they have to make these guys hit an insane amount of damage. My R Ramza has 15K health and 1200 DEF and eats it every time.

• Options
    Yeah the full evade meta really screwed balancing up. They pretty much expect you have enough gear for it now.

I can't wait for Aerith, with Wilhelm's 54% LB and Sylvie's DM's, genji bow really didn't hit too hard. Plus Sylvie can throw a 1000 HP barrier on top. The downside is that I pushed him to 79% and most folks wiped. The LB mission just sucks, I'm not 100% sure 2 Esthers can do crazy damage yet and wasting 20 turns trying to just get 8 LB's going is boring haha.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Does's Rem's LB inherit elements and killers like Ace's does?

EDIT: The answer is no haha.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    So if I'm looking at the wiki right for Greg 2.0, until 59%, the only elements that matter are fire, water, earth, wind, and light, so if I can burst him down from above that, I shouldn't have to worry about the other elements right?
    That would mean that Rem with Lion Saber, Necro Dagger, and Watera Blade would only leave Light to seal. That could be pretty manageable.

DK_Azrael on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    DK_Azrael wrote: »
    So if I'm looking at the wiki right for Greg 2.0, until 59%, the only elements that matter are fire, water, earth, wind, and light, so if I can burst him down from above that, I shouldn't have to worry about the other elements right?
    That would mean that Rem with Lion Saber, Necro Dagger, and Watera Blade would only leave Light to seal. That could be pretty manageable.

Thats what I did with my Rem. Just did water blade till I was certain i could use her LB if needed for mission. Wilhelm and Zarg had holy weapons, so when wil did his aoe provoke on turn one, zarg did bushido on greg to make sure light was sealed. Zarg is backup light seal in case holy counter doesn't go off. My esther had lightning weapon or else I'd have put holy weapon on her.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    f6euzng06cc6.jpg

Not perfect but I'll take it.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Huh. X-slash isn’t coverable. Must’ve missed that

Nope. It was genji bow

maraji on
  • Options
    This fight sucks lol

• Options
    Yeah Greg 2.0 is terrible. I got him down to 82% and did a 2x Esther LB which only got him down to 52%. 3x Bolting Strike then took him to 39%. So I got hit with 3x BF's to wipe all but Wilhelm. Any time I get him below 80% it's not the transform that kills me but his next attack.

I think my issue is I just don't have the patience for this. I could probably go slow as hell, make sure re-raise was on and death immunity for Folka and Sylvie. Get him to 59%, then try to LB and 3x Bolt him to death, but it'll still be 30+ turns.

• Options
    Ok, I cleared off 16 people from my friends list, anyone who doesn't have me added here can send me a friend invite 588,390,396

Esther with BIS 2859 ATK and 165% LB damage, best DPS in the game, easily 20% more damage than Zeno BIS

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Well, after some five attempts, best I managed is a 15% atk 10% hp roll on the masamune. I'm clearly not going to get a better roll, so I'll take it and go for something else.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Scorn of Gilgamesh down, my party was Rem (with Necro Dagger, Lion Saber, and Water Blade), LM Fina, MS Nichol, Esther, evade Sieghard, and Dunadan's Esther. Played it slow to 81% then did Esther LB chain, given the number of hits left after he died, I probably could have done it from 90%. IW time for my new katana.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Does having Summer Whip make Gilg 2.0 easier-ish?

• Options
    Scorn of Gilgamesh down, my party was Rem (with Necro Dagger, Lion Saber, and Water Blade), LM Fina, MS Nichol, Esther, evade Sieghard, and Dunadan's Esther. Played it slow to 81% then did Esther LB chain, given the number of hits left after he died, I probably could have done it from 90%. IW time for my new katana.

What is your Esther geared like? 2 LB chaining didn’t even get him below 52% for me let alone KO.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    [

What is your Esther geared like? 2 LB chaining didn’t even get him below 52% for me let alone KO.

So the build I used for Greg is:
    Esther 7★
    Right hand: Lion Heart ATK+150, ATK+30% (IW :ATK +15%, ATK +10%, ATK +5%)
    Head: Prishe's Hairpin HP+10%, MP+10%, ATK+45
    Body: Hyoh's Clothes ATK+28, ATK+30%, DEF+42
    Accessory 1: Storm Kickers HP+20%, ATK+45, DEF+10
    Accessory 2: Marshal Glove ATK+40
    Materia 1: Heart Overcoming Hatred
    Materia 2: Awkward Fatherly Love HP+20%, MP+20%, ATK+50%
    Materia 3: Man-Eater+
    Materia 4: Buster Style
    Esper: Diabolos HP+73, MP+85, ATK+31, DEF+44, MAG+73, SPR+50
    Total: HP:13563, MP:596, ATK:2455, DEF:514, MAG:274, SPR:339

DK_Azrael on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Man I just want the tickets from this MK event but boy howdy this doesn't give shit for currency. I'm rolling in with +500% and getting barely above 1.1k a run.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

VAULT OF HIDDEN TREASURES

FREE DAILY SUMMON

GET YOUR FREE STUFF!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Orlandeau being a bonus unit in arena is making me sad. I used to use this man all the time, he's still one of my favorite characters from FFT. And even though he's on my arena team for the bonus, he hasn't done anything because Tornado chains murder everything.

You were the Thunder God, Orlandeau! And now you're just an old man with a 100% arena bonus.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    Orlandeau being a bonus unit in arena is making me sad. I used to use this man all the time, he's still one of my favorite characters from FFT. And even though he's on my arena team for the bonus, he hasn't done anything because Tornado chains murder everything.

You were the Thunder God, Orlandeau! And now you're just an old man with a 100% arena bonus.

I don't even have him. :rotate:

• Options
    [

Esther 7★

This ended up working for me. Weirdly my team survived the first threshold, not quite sure how but the combo of Wilhelm's LB and Sylvie's LB probably helped.

The shitty thing is I've been doing this so often, I stopped counting this time and only had 7. I had to decide between buffing Esther's attack or hitting the 8 LB's. Had I known Esther's LB would tear through him from 61% to 0, I would have done the LB.

I really wish they'd give you a counter bar under each mission so you can keep track. At this point, maybe I'll try again with your Esther. Not many have Diabolos and Man-eater on them.

• Options
    I'll set my Esther up with Maneater and Diabolos as well

• Options
    [

Esther 7★

This ended up working for me. Weirdly my team survived the first threshold, not quite sure how but the combo of Wilhelm's LB and Sylvie's LB probably helped.

The shitty thing is I've been doing this so often, I stopped counting this time and only had 7. I had to decide between buffing Esther's attack or hitting the 8 LB's. Had I known Esther's LB would tear through him from 61% to 0, I would have done the LB.

I really wish they'd give you a counter bar under each mission so you can keep track. At this point, maybe I'll try again with your Esther. Not many have Diabolos and Man-eater on them.

I'll leave it up that way at least till the end of the weekend for y'all. Good luck on the Greg runs!

• Options
    [

Esther 7★

I'll leave it up that way at least till the end of the weekend for y'all. Good luck on the Greg runs!

Just FYI, you had Titan up as the esper :)

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I setup Esther for maneater and LB damage. Good luck!

Tiphares on
  • Options
    [

Esther 7★

Just FYI, you had Titan up as the esper :)
    Fixed it, enjoy.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »

I don't even have him. :rotate:

He was my first "I used all my available resources I wasn't able to pull him" unit.

Still don't. I actually have two inactive 7 star Orlandeaus when I need to do physical light damage during missions and I don't want to switch gear.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    Ugh I can get him down to 23% from about 73%.

• Options
    The trick is to get him to slightly above 80% and he drops his magic/physical resist.