As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Curry is averaging 35ppg this series.

That block Klay made was amazing.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular

GSW vs Portland in a nutshell, every game.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    Oh yeah mark Jackson. The warriors are a bunch of unknown underdogs. It's a bunch of all heart 12th men. Stellar analysis.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Portland injuries caught up with them. They just don't have enough guys

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    So, turns out relying solely on Meyers Leonard to carry us through the wcf was a flawed strategy. Maybe next time we can learn hard on Skal Labissiere?

Yeah, Portland missing Nurkic is making this really hard for them.

I can see Warriors vs Bucks going seven games, and I can see the Bucks winning out. Their system seems to be designed to specifically counter the Warriors, and I don't know that they'll have an answer for Giannis.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I can see Warriors vs Bucks going seven games, and I can see the Bucks winning out. Their system seems to be designed to specifically counter the Warriors, and I don't know that they'll have an answer for Giannis.

Warriors in at most 5. Like there is no team that can beat the warriors in the NBA. Its kind of boring now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Butters wrote: »

I'd love to believe that, but do you think Nurk would really change the dynamic of this series? I think quick, active, multitool big wingman are the key, which is what every team wants. Or, you know, the guards shooting better than 25%.

Although, my couch coaching does say that we could do so much better if we increased the tempo and encouraged our team to run. I think stotts gets to caught up in the control the tempo dogma of playing the warriors. I feel like every game we win against them is a fast paced, run and gun shootout, including the much more competitive 2016 series. That actually frees our guards to play against something like single coverage and a scrambling d. Sure, you risk being blown out by 30, but that's always the risk against the warriors. It's our style, its how we have won, and what we are doing isnt working.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    This is the Warriors without Durant and Boogie

This is the Warriors without Durant and Boogie

Although, to be fair, against most matchups, they may be even better without them. Esp. Boogie

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I think the Warriors should realize that Steph, Klay, and Draymond are enough and leave cap space for an actual bench

Who needs House of Highlights when we have magic johnson tweets?

burbo wrote: »

I'd love to believe that, but do you think Nurk would really change the dynamic of this series? I think quick, active, multitool big wingman are the key, which is what every team wants. Or, you know, the guards shooting better than 25%.

Although, my couch coaching does say that we could do so much better if we increased the tempo and encouraged our team to run. I think stotts gets to caught up in the control the tempo dogma of playing the warriors. I feel like every game we win against them is a fast paced, run and gun shootout, including the much more competitive 2016 series. That actually frees our guards to play against something like single coverage and a scrambling d. Sure, you risk being blown out by 30, but that's always the risk against the warriors. It's our style, its how we have won, and what we are doing isnt working.

I don't think they'd win if they had Nurkic, but with Kanter injured they're really suffering at the center.
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I think the Warriors should realize that Steph, Klay, and Draymond are enough and leave cap space for an actual bench

Having a healthy bench again would be good. They've had to play those three plus Durant extremely heavy minutes early in the playoffs because there were too many on the bench that couldn't hang with LA and Houston.

I think I'm realizing that what I'm interpreting as lethargy from the blazers is a lack of flow. Like, the flow state research shows that you need to have like 90-100% of your maximum challenge capacity and the warriors are like a 120% for the blazers. Since they cant really lock in, they look discombobulated, even while they are winning.

Also, I think the blazers made it to the wcf just happy to be there. Which, fair enough. I'm just happy to be there too. It's been an amazing playoff run. But the blazers never thought they might actually win this, when they actually could if they could keep focus through 4 quarters. Or at least win a couple.

Kelor wrote: »

I don't think they'd win if they had Nurkic, but with Kanter injured they're really suffering at the center.
    Xehalus wrote: »

Having a healthy bench again would be good. They've had to play those three plus Durant extremely heavy minutes early in the playoffs because there were too many on the bench that couldn't hang with LA and Houston.

I dont necessarily disagree with you (and I think kanters problem is the fasting as much as the shoulder), but it's odd to point to that given Meyers was so effective this game.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Preacher wrote: »

Warriors in at most 5. Like there is no team that can beat the warriors in the NBA. Its kind of boring now.

It's up in the air whether they're going to have Durant and Cousins, and Iguodala missed half of tonight's game. The Bucks are also really good, and Giannis is going to be pretty well rested, probably. And also, the fucking Clippers took the Warriors to six games.

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

It's up in the air whether they're going to have Durant and Cousins, and Iguodala missed half of tonight's game. The Bucks are also really good, and Giannis is going to be pretty well rested, probably. And also, the fucking Clippers took the Warriors to six games.
    I think that was more about the Warriors not taking the Clippers seriously.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    The Warriors definitely are not better without Durant but they are better without Boogie. I don't think he was close to 100% and they weren't finding a rotation that he fit in at all

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    “I unzipped my pants and carefully slid the fake penis through the zipper hole. To get the pee to come out of the tip, I had to squeeze the shaft repeatedly,”

https://deadspin.com/lamar-odom-says-he-used-a-giant-rubber-black-cock-t-1834865547

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I feel a lot stupider now.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i called that double dribble instantly at full speed, idk why the announcers always have to carry water for bad refs.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Whizzinator!
    And when the official tester arrived at Odom’s home to administer the test, the NBA champion was prepared, recruiting his drug-free trainer “to urinate into the reservoir of the phallus, which was hidden in the balls,” he writes.

“He handed me the rubber penis and left the bathroom as I strapped it on,” Odom writes about his trainer.

The NBA security official then entered the bathroom and watched from two feet away as Odom squeezed out his trainer’s pee from the prosthetic.

“I unzipped my pants and carefully slid the fake penis through the zipper hole. To get the pee to come out of the tip, I had to squeeze the shaft repeatedly,” Odom writes.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just talked about that!

edited May 2019

I realize that now!

Maximum on
    Maximum wrote: »

I realize that now!

Trade me a pitcher in the keeper league.

I realize that now!

How is my team so bad!

I realize that now!

How is my team so bad!

I don't know but it looks like you need to trade me a pitcher!

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Don't trade him anything, he sucks and is bad

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hard hitting moneyball negotiations going on ITT

BahamutZERO.gif
    hard hitting moneyball negotiations going on ITT

I have agreed to trade Zack Wheeler to Raijin. In exchange, I will be receiving a years supply of dinty moore beef stew.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    This portland crowd suuuucks. Esp after that amazing Toronto crowd last night. Obvs having a ton of warriors fans makes a difference, but they seem just as lackadaidacl and off as the blazers have been.

They haven't showed curry parents at all in pdx yet. It's funny that they even pretend like they dont love steph more.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    At least Seth is showing up in this series. Really trying to take it to his older brother.

Yeah, I've appreciated seth this series

Meyers. Legend.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    They haven't showed curry parents at all in pdx yet. It's funny that they even pretend like they dont love steph more.

this is kind of fucked up thing to trash talk about

BahamutZERO.gif
    Damn. What a deflating way to end the half.

This discussion has been closed.