As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    How do you folks typically level? Bounties, rifts/greater rifts, just going to crowded areas and getting massacre bonuses? Some mix of things?

I typically do bounties out of some (possibly misguided) thought that I'll be collecting mats and recipes so that when I hit 70, I'll be able to immediately make use of them, but maybe that's not very efficient. Maybe it'd be faster to do rifts and build up a grift key stash or something, and just do bounties at level 70 and some reasonable Torment.

Depends. The normal is to do rifts till 70. After 70, start running GRifts till bored. Oh yeah, after 70 if you need the mats just go do the Challenge Rift for them.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    How do you folks typically level? Bounties, rifts/greater rifts, just going to crowded areas and getting massacre bonuses? Some mix of things?

I typically do bounties out of some (possibly misguided) thought that I'll be collecting mats and recipes so that when I hit 70, I'll be able to immediately make use of them, but maybe that's not very efficient. Maybe it'd be faster to do rifts and build up a grift key stash or something, and just do bounties at level 70 and some reasonable Torment.

I normally wait two or three days for the GR Runners to have maxed out a half dozen characters each, then I beg to be carried through a couple of rifts.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    my thing each season has been

1. do challenge rift
    2. use CR rewards to pump my character however i can
    3. rifts to 70

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    I usually do the challenge rift, pray to RNGesus for a good item from Kadala, then get to rifting.

If rifts get boring, or you get a really sweet item that gives you a massive power spike, hit up some bounties and get your full set of bounties done. It will help for when you hit 70 and need to get some of the journey done, but you'll probably still need to do more bounties anyway to get the bounty materials.

Or wait til the weekend is over, and start on Monday / Tuesday and ask for a PL from the clan haha. Last season we had people doing PLs on day one. I know I was PL'ing people on day one, but for the US people it was day 2.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    This season was ill-timed for me with the Dalaran Heist just releasing. :(

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    So guys and gals I need some input. This is the build I'm using right now https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-5-season-17 and this is the build I'll end up using https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/sunwuko-wave-of-light-monk-skills-and-runes. I currently have 4 of the pieces and the rest are rares, and my weapon(s) aren't that great. I can solo the story in Torment 1 so far as a 70 with about 35 points in Paragon. I however am having trouble with my damage output, and I can't do the Solo GR at 20 part of Seasonal IV. I feel a great deal weaker than my Crusader and Wizard builds at around the same point. Can I get away with switching to the Wave of Light skills and carry on, or do I need to grind more Paragon Levels to be more survivable and hopefully get better drops?

EDIT Also, is it me or is there a ton of lag today? I've lost my connection twice already.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I have never played a Monk so can't help you there.

There is some crazy lag today for some reason. Saw some last night as well, but it is there again today. I haven't had a disconnect yet, but lots of teleporting, monsters suddenly popping around me and throwing animations with nothing happening.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Check the enchants on your rares, which will be cheap to reroll. Look for ways to get crit (gloves,rings,bracers), critical hit damage(neck,rings), and elemental (bracer) or skill damage (most likely shoulders, chest).

Beyond that, for the moment you may want to craft and wear a big 2h weapon instead of dual wield. While you’re kinda spirit limited, might as well make every time you spend spirit count for more with the higher weapon damage.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I have never played a Monk so can't help you there.

There is some crazy lag today for some reason. Saw some last night as well, but it is there again today. I haven't had a disconnect yet, but lots of teleporting, monsters suddenly popping around me and throwing animations with nothing happening.

Just lost my connection again. I want to play, but considering I can't do bounties or GR's like this is not encouraging me to keep trying.

camo_sig.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Thanks Noggin for the powerlevel! I don't have much time to play today unfortunately. Maybe a bit tomorrow, but definitely Monday and throughout the next week.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    What's good this season

I like playing ranged characters like DH/Wiz

Thanks to Noggin Zero and Betsuni for helping me level up earlier. I just got done grinding and I have my full 6 piece set so now I have actual damage. I look forward to running some Rift and GR's with you guys to gauge how high I can go now. I need a bunch of Legendaries and Focus and Restraint still, but a good chunk of the build is done.

camo_sig.png
    Beasteh wrote: »
    What's good this season

I like playing ranged characters like DH/Wiz

Basically all classes are good this season. As always there is some variance, but play what you want. You really can't go wrong. Even when you take the starting set in to consideration, you won't be sticking with it for long if you don't like it.

If you usually play DH and Wiz, Wiz is more ranged than DH this season.

Barbarians get might of the earth though, which while not ranged, is hella fun if you like jumping on peoples heads. Witch doctors are very strong this season, but not as fast as you'd be used to.

Everyone should be rolling Monk this season so they can feed my Monk gear when I eventually start playing. Thanks in advance.

is necro good this time around. i like skellingtons

So I'm mentally challenged apparently, because I can't seem to do the Set Dungeon, let alone master it. Might just be that I don't have the legendaries for it, but I can't seem to resist the impulse to murder everything, and the ridiculous spirit costs and the low lifetime of SW means if I have to manually refresh I lack the Spirit to do it.

camo_sig.png
    Beasteh wrote: »
    is necro good this time around. i like skellingtons

Necro is good

What's the best way to farm Legendaries? I know I need Head, Belt, Bracers and a few others.

camo_sig.png
    übergeek wrote: »
    What's the best way to farm Legendaries? I know I need Head, Belt, Bracers and a few others.

Speed runs. Make a speed build, Do the highest 2-3 min GR you can. Dont even ID your legendaries until your inventory is full (3+ rifts usually). Target whatever slot you are looking for using your bloodshards.

Al_wat wrote: »

Speed runs. Make a speed build, Do the highest 2-3 min GR you can. Dont even ID your legendaries until your inventory is full (3+ rifts usually). Target whatever slot you are looking for using your bloodshards.

extra upside of this approach: even if you don't find your items, you level your gems and get stronger no matter what drops

So I'm mentally challenged apparently, because I can't seem to do the Set Dungeon, let alone master it. Might just be that I don't have the legendaries for it, but I can't seem to resist the impulse to murder everything, and the ridiculous spirit costs and the low lifetime of SW means if I have to manually refresh I lack the Spirit to do it.

Set dungeons are weird in that, you don't play most of the set dungeons "correctly" to win. But most of the time it comes down to making sure you're doing enough damage to get the job done, but not too much that you kill too fast, and that you have the correct belt/wrist/weapon to go along with the set. If you're having trouble keeping SW active, get the belt (iirc), it will make the dungeon that much easier.

Klatu wrote: »

Set dungeons are weird in that, you don't play most of the set dungeons "correctly" to win. But most of the time it comes down to making sure you're doing enough damage to get the job done, but not too much that you kill too fast, and that you have the correct belt/wrist/weapon to go along with the set. If you're having trouble keeping SW active, get the belt (iirc), it will make the dungeon that much easier.

I just got the belt that allows me to keep SW up all the time, so I can't fail that part anymore. I forget if I need Pinto or Helm for the stacking for more damage. I might be able to do the basic without screwing up now though.

camo_sig.png
    i went witch doctor because i like the theme and also levelling is just pressing acid rain ad nauseum

I now have the Incense torch in my cube. One piece closer. That headpiece is driving me crazy though, so many wasted shards.

camo_sig.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Enjoying necromancer. I'm using skellymans, bone golem, and skeleton horde rush. So many minions.

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Set dungeons are easily my least favorite part of seasons.

I now have the Incense torch in my cube. One piece closer. That headpiece is driving me crazy though, so many wasted shards.

Oooo headpiece you might be better off farming DBs and upgrading spirit stones. The problem with using shards is that you draw from both the monk item pool and the regular helm item pool. The same goes for Wiz helms, barb belts, crusader shields etc. You will eventually get the item via shards, but your investment may be drastically higher than it needed to be. It all depends on how fast you can farm DB though.

Poketpixie wrote: »
    Set dungeons are easily my least favorite part of seasons.

Set Dungeons are only annoying if you get a bad class/set combo. Barb + wastes is hard mode. Barb + IK set is easy mode.

Given time you figure out which ones are the ones to aim for :D

Conquests are easily my least favorite part of seasons.

What's the point of doing set dungeons

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment :rotate:

Real answer: to tick off a season journey box for the stash tab, and now wings.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Decided to start a S17 Necro on the Switch. Did the "use rewards from Challenge Rift to make a level 70 weapon". Got Reilena's Shadowhook, and decided to just cube it. Then looked up how to spent my other blood shards. Oh, gambling for gloves can get you Grasp of Essence (makes Corpse Explosion better)? Cool, let's try it... oh, got it on the first try. Gambling for rings can get you the Circle of Nailuj's Evol? Cool, let's try it... oh, got it on the first try. Now I'm out of ideas. Let's gamble a bracer for fun... oh, got Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer on the first try. Which is a Wizard item, but it's still a legendary! Seems like the odds of this are kinda slim.

Anyway, I just hit 16 and equipped Grasp of Essence and Circle of Nailuj's Evol and now I'm just flying through rifts. Granted, Circle of Nailuj's Evol and Reilena's Shadowhook kinda have negative synergy, but it seems like for now I just need to be spamming Corpse Explosion and that's more than enough to take care of things.

Much slower on PC, where I'm playing Crusader. Got both Guard of Johanna and Gabriel's Vambraces, so I can at least lean on swirly hammers, which is entertaining.

edited May 2019
    Wow, that's weird to get an ashnagarr's, but grats on all the starting luck!

Nailuj & Reilena's actually have excellent synergy later, when you can use Singularity mages & Simulacrum-Reservoir. Also note that Reilena's damage is MAX essence, not current essence.

Noggin on
    I managed to get two ancients before I finished my haedrigs. Just a generally bad/not used 2H and same for the belt. Instantly I went from like, Master difficulty to T4. Finishing haedrigs was super easy.

I like this season

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh, that's right, I totally spaced on that! So, not anti-synergy after all.

I did remember that there's some Shadowhook-Nailuj-Skeleton Mage interplay, but I couldn't remember what the recipe was and haven't looked it up yet. So, cool that I have the legendary powers ready to be extracted for when I get there.

Did the "use rewards from Challenge Rift to make a level 70 weapon".

What's this?

edited May 2019
    Renzo wrote: »

What's this?

with the weekly challenge rift reward, you have enough death's breaths and gold to fully level your crafters at level 1, so at level 40+ you can make a L70 weapon and try to roll it over to -30 reduced level requirement to blaze through levels 40-65 ridiculously fast (after that, it's still fast)

Dehumanized on
    Renzo wrote: »

What's this?
    Noggin wrote: »
    For anyone else going necro- the challenge Rift buff provides a new option for leveling.

Now that it’s 35 DBs, you can afford to max blacksmith, craft and upgrade a lvl 70 2h scythe, and extract it into the cube. This is mostly just a necro thing, because all 4 2h scythes have a damage multiplier, but arguably a DH could try the same thing with a dagger.

You might even get an ancient, at which point you’d potentially be better off holding it for 70 or trying to roll reduced level requirement on it (pretty easy if one of the secondaries is crowd control, roll the other).

Self quote from last page and bolded for emphasis. Most classes will be better off just waiting until 70 to use their DBs.

Oh, interesting. I'm playing Necro this time, so I'll give it a shot. Already level 52ish.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    The shame in finally getting the belt I need for survivability for my crusader from Kadala to accidentally trash it a minute later. Luckily I managed to get another one an hour or so later.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
This discussion has been closed.