As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are these morels?

JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster KittehRegistered User regular
So we've been cleaning up the backyard of all the dead leaves and stuff that have been accumulating since last year, and my little sister thinks she found some morels- you know, the wrinkly mushrooms that people go and hunt? She's all dead-set about cooking them up and trying them out. I'm a little more on the side of "Hey, let's be extra careful what kinds of random yard fungus we put in our mouths, yes?"- mostly because I've never seen a morel myself in my life, and that Bad Things can happen and there are some terribly nasty mushrooms out there.

By the time I got to them, she'd already cut them in half, and the half-open one had a little black speckling around the inside of the top.

NaVFMfo.jpg

So what do you guys think? Throw them in the trash, or toss them in a pan?

steam_sig.png
I can has cheezburger, yes?

• Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    not advocating for eating Random Shrooms without the guidance of a pro, according to the internet True Morels are hollow on the inside which... looks to be the case here

BUT STILL DON'T EAT THESE UNLESS YOU GET A PRO TO LOOK AT THEM.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    They are morels

If you haven't had them before, eat one to make sure it agrees with you!

Looks like you've got almost enough for an omelette!

EDIT: MAKE SURE TO COOK THEM!

Not saying you wouldn't, but well, I know some that didn't =p

Xaquin on
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    *Raises hand* I didn't know not all mushrooms can be eaten raw. Never had opportunity to eat raw mushrooms other than store-bought button 'shrooms; but thanks for not assuming that's common knowledge! :smile:

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Wash them, saute them with some garlic and butter till cooked, add a little bit of chicken stock and cook a little bit longer, and tell your wife that you'll have to take the bullet for her and eat all of them yourself.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It's been answered, but I will indeed add to the pile of "yes, those are morels"

They're good.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    is there gonna be a follow up to this, because there should be

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    What's there to follow up? They were washed, dried, and we chopped them up and added them to an omelette.

Have to admit they were a new taste- I suppose they were actually pretty good, and you can't really beat free. We think there might be more of them out there- it's been a wet and moderate spring, and where there are three, there might be more.

I think this can be closed now. Thanks for the help!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Maybe he wanted to see if you died an exrucriating death from toxin induced organ failure

camo_sig.png
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    That's what I assumed.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.