As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Jeff said something?

steam_sig.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    I can't see how any reasonable person would expect two skins to break the internet. Did he really say that? He sounds like a person without reason.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Let's be real as much as Jeff Fromtheoverwatchteam is a likeable guy he's full of shit on occasion

In fairness if the designers had told me "schoolgirl D.Va" I woulda' said "damn the net is gonna freak."

But people rarely freak out after you tell them they're gonna' freak out.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    All backfill today, every damn game, can't even start a team deathmatch from scratch, get pulled into a 9-25 "game"

One semi-stomp received on Gibraltar in my 1st placement, provided such a hard stomp on Horizon attack that the reds got a leaver and we full held A. It's too late for this, and yet it's time.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    For someone, well I won't say good, but I'm comfortable with: Hamm, Soldier, Junkrat and Moira, What is a good hero to try and pick up. My snap aim is poor but I have pretty decent tracking which is why I like Hammond and Soldier

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Beezel wrote: »
    For someone, well I won't say good, but I'm comfortable with: Hamm, Soldier, Junkrat and Moira, What is a good hero to try and pick up. My snap aim is poor but I have pretty decent tracking which is why I like Hammond and Soldier

Zarya, Sombra, Tracer. I'm a decent Moira and Soldier and I can be an insanely mean Zarya and Sombra sometimes.

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Or just learn DVa and be meta proof. :p

But srsly. If you add DVa and Tracer that's a pool that works from now until the heat death of the universe.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited May 2019
    Went 1 and 3 in placements. At 1:00 AM I ask my brother if he wants to try just one more round and we go on a 3 game win streak.

Now I'm at 4 and 3 heading into tonight >.< fingers crossed I stay in Plat. I'm less than 100 to my next gold gun and tbh I have no idea who should get it.

Mei, Zarya maybe...

Edit: I wanna' say Zen but I get off Zen pretty quick when there's a carry Sombra or Tracer...

Chance on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yup, Anniversary event has consistently had the best skins and so far the trend continues

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Ooh that's excellent

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    There's my must have for this event.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Well I had to pick up the lunar all-stars skin for Mercy since it was too gorgeous not to, but I do hope they cycle some of these back in some time. The idea of permanently missable skins is really god damn stupid. Keep that shit in Hearthstone thanks, at least there you're only missing out on an $80 gif.

edited May 2019
    Aw shit it's fanart time.
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Well I had to pick up the lunar all-stars skin for Mercy since it was too gorgeous not to, but I do hope they cycle some of these back in some time. The idea of permanently missable skins is really god damn stupid. Keep that shit in Hearthstone thanks, at least there you're only missing out on an $80 gif.

Same here. I've got Mercy's gold gun, but I rarely play her these days. In QP when I feel like goin' healer it's Ana or Moira time, but c'mon:

jwfh99re2d03.jpg
    https://twitter.com/vickisigh

Yeah I blew $15 Canadian on that, and I'd do it again. It's way, way better than Tracer's Vanguard of the Merfolk skin. Likewise, I can't remember the last time I went tank - I've had good times on literally every tank, but I never play 'em when I'm playing seriously - but Nerdy Glasses D.Va definitely outclasses Creepy Winston for me.

xsivysgwdevc.jpg
    https://twitter.com/akieart

Catcher Winston forever.

md9gtfkow3wt.png
    https://eokibamorimori.tumblr.com/

Chance on
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

Well, dip. I cant say anything snarky about that one.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah I can't even give my usual complaint of "too busy." It's just busy enough with the glowing symbols on his armor, but still sharp and simple on his jump pack "wings" and his rock arms.

It's up there with Enchanted Armor Pharah for me. It's one of those.

We need more casual skins! The best, best, bestest skins in the game are casuals:
    • Casual Hanzo
    • Scion Hanzo
    • Black Lily Widow
    • Cote D'Azure Widow
    • Cruiser D'Va
    • Waveracer D.Va
    • Fastball Zen
    • Catcher Winston
    • Lab Coat Moira
    • Graffiti Tracer
    • Grillmaster 76
    • Beachrat

MORE CASUAL SKINS I SAY!

edqeznazcfbv.jpg
    http://senshi-9.tumblr.com

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Many of the casual skins are good but Casual Hanzo is one of the worst skins in the game. He looks like a fucking dipshit

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Many of the casual skins are good but Casual Hanzo is one of the worst skins in the game. He looks like a fucking dipshit

Hanzo is a dipshit, so in that respect I'd say it's quite fitting.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Leave my bow boi alone

joshofalltrades on
    Look, the ultra-chic fashion of Japan circa 2065 aren't for the faint of heart.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

"Exhaustion" / "Scars" system

Before I get too bogged down in the implementation details, the short version: the more you've been healed lately, the less healing you receive.

In yet another "let's try to keep offense ahead of defense" idea, this revision to the game rules reduces incoming healing if the target has already been healed a lot recently. Players store an "Exhaustion" value equal to the number of HP they regain through healing. (Medpacks exempt?) After hitting a trigger value, the healing rate decreases toward a minimum at some arbitrary maximum Exhaustion. Exhaustion decreases over time.

This is basically the opposite of the Medic from TF2, where recently-damaged allies are healed at a slower rate than ones who are off the front line. Unlike the no-overlapping-heals proposal, this one doesn't require Supports to deliberately try to avoid healing the same target.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    As someone frequently forced to play support, I hate that idea. I already get a lot of misplaced blame for teammates who fuck off out of position that I can’t save, doing this system will literally put me in a position where nothing I do will save someone. The salt would give me an early heart attack.

As someone frequently forced to play support, I hate that idea. I already get a lot of misplaced blame for teammates who fuck off out of position that I can’t save, doing this system will literally put me in a position where nothing I do will save someone. The salt would give me an early heart attack.

Maaan I usta' love playin' support. I'm so glad there's gold gun Anas and Mercies runnin' around that still do.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    This is my favorite event because they just get to go crazy with the skins.

soylenth wrote: »

What'd be really mental is a new, good Tracer skin. No one's expecting that.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    No fancy junkrat no peace

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

What'd be really mental is a new, good Tracer skin. No one's expecting that.

I liked her new Lunar New Year skin quite a lot! Not her best, but it's pretty fun.

I think her lunar new year skin is my favorite, tbh. It just looks so sharp. I love all the little details.

I like it, but I don't love it. It's got some awesome to it but it's not an everyday skin. It's an I'll-Wear-This-Next-Lunar skin.

I like it, but I don't love it. It's got some awesome to it but it's not an everyday skin. It's an I'll-Wear-This-Next-Lunar skin.

Haha, so picky. Do you have a specific kind of outifit you're hoping they make? Or is it more a, "I 'll know the perfect tracer skin when I see it." kind of thing?

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    you need a Tracer in like major baggy clothing, baggy sweats and sweater and like...i don't know but that would be hilariously good.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So I was just playing the Rat and had been harassing a Reinhardt all match. He finally manages to kill me with a charge, but then starts tea bagging me like a douchbag.

That lasted right until the second total mayhem bombs killed him.

So satisfying. I think his immunity to tea bagging may be my favorite thing about Junkrat.

Haha, so picky. Do you have a specific kind of outifit you're hoping they make? Or is it more a, "I 'll know the perfect tracer skin when I see it." kind of thing?

Don't make me dig into my fanart archive oh well if you insist
    wne7j7shwxh1.jpg
    twitter: maro_chick

0ge17j4s6yof.jpg
    bitto34

ccxpd25vhzqe.jpg
    neosim

jgb668tfphpy.jpg
    perio 67

h8bz028mp11z.png
    unknown and it kills me because this is one of my all-time favorite fanarts.

7njahj9kk3ex.png
    lelode on tumblr

zols76f9pf2l.jpg
    bjmaki

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Are glasses a theme this year? Cute.

But busy.
    It's not quite Maid Cafe - feels like Future Retro Diner.

Edit also lost my last 3 placements >.< 4 and 6 but only dropped like 50 SR. I'll take it!

Chance on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Goth girl junkrat skin inc

obF2Wuw.png
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    97ruly6.jpg

'nuff said.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.