As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    On the one hand, would love to see Pent and Louise and Tanith etc. On the other... Ugh goofy costumes. Their commitment to having fully half of the new banners in the game be seasonals is really annoying. Pent and Louise deserve their normal versions to be there instead.

I do love the "Isolation" effect. Dance counter is long overdo. Putting it as an HP requirement on a non inheritable healer weapon is weird though.

That just gives it a check. I like it having some gate

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I really hate the healer AI when doing auto-battle.

It just wants to fling the healer out front to blast some unit and then get killed. And removing the weapon isn’t even that great anymore, since the good ones have additional effects ON the wep.

So tired of my healers ignoring a hurt unit to go attack some other unit.

Dancers do that a lot too, but not as bad since most of them are melee.

Two options I’d like: A checkbox on a unit to “only defend”, and a “stand your ground” for the whole team when auto-battle.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I really hate the healer AI when doing auto-battle.

It just wants to fling the healer out front to blast some unit and then get killed. And removing the weapon isn’t even that great anymore, since the good ones have additional effects ON the wep.

So tired of my healers ignoring a hurt unit to go attack some other unit.

Dancers do that a lot too, but not as bad since most of them are melee.

Two options I’d like: A checkbox on a unit to “only defend”, and a “stand your ground” for the whole team when auto-battle.

My solution to this is to take off their weapon if I'm gonna autobattle. It usually works pretty good. I agree it would be nice to not have to do this though (afterall their healing is based on the attack stat)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    ...and the thing I said about useful effects being ON the weapon.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I feel like they could easily allow some ai options for tuning.

Aggressive
    Defensively
    Playing to advantages
    Baiting etc.

It would be cool if they hd some learning mode where it gives you a situation and sees how you deal with it

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    It's annoying because enemy healers don't do that. If there's an ally they can heal and an enemy they can attack both in range, they always go for the heal.

Edit: Actually, I can't remember if I've seen what they do if they're the only one within attacking range; they might attack in that case, I know that's the case for non-healer enemies with Assist skills.

homogenized on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    That's a *very* strong set of Seals.

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    That's a *very* strong set of Seals.

I legit never thought we'd get Renewal. That's a really powerful ability in seal form. Going to be super useful

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Wow, a C skill that grants dragon effectiveness to allies would be fantastic. Lots of OP armored dragons out there to slay.

• Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    So us Belgians got the news on the bulletin board that we won't be able to play the game past 27th of August. This really sucks.
    Belgian gambling laws really has em spooked if they would rather stop the entire service than, lets say, disable the buy with money function. :-/

bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Joril wrote: »
    So us Belgians got the news on the bulletin board that we won't be able to play the game past 27th of August. This really sucks.
    Belgian gambling laws really has em spooked if they would rather stop the entire service than, lets say, disable the buy with money function. :-/

Wow, that's BS. Is there any way for you to fool the game to think you're from a different region?

Side note, this banner hates me. Had to spend waaaaaaaay too many orbs to get everyone. Kept getting a shitton of pity breakers. Not that the pity breakers in the new pools are bad anymore, but still.. I'd rather have a Tanith than another Selkie :P Also my Tanith and Sigrun IVs were kind of garbage. I did get +HP for Fjorm which I think might be optimal with her weapon (it felt weird cuz I also got a +ATK and I ate it...)

My pity breakers:
    -Nailah
    -2 Leannes
    -Selkie
    -F. Morgan
    -Mordecai (the 5* version)
    -Laevatein
    -Zelgius

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Wow, that's BS. Is there any way for you to fool the game to think you're from a different region?

Installing a VPN may be the only way forward. I have yet to test it.

Good luck on your pulls!

bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Joril wrote: »

This is an issue for a lot of gacha games. I play Girls Frontline, and IIRC gambling restrictions on the horizon spooked them away from even officially releasing a client for Europe. They have an English server, but IIRC the client is only available in app stores for residents of North America and Australia. IIRC European and South American players need to download the client and updates from third party apk distributors, and that the process of purchasing anything from the cash shop requires jumping though some hoops since purchases are handled via Google play. Fortunately for them, spoofing their location is a bit easier since GFL endorses play on pc emulators.

The question is, how will FEH block you? If it's via your ip address then VPNs should suffice. If it's because your app store account or Nintendo account is associated with a Belgian address, then you might be in a stickier situation.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    This is an issue for a lot of gacha games. I play Girls Frontline, and IIRC gambling restrictions on the horizon spooked them away from even officially releasing a client for Europe. They have an English server, but IIRC the client is only available in app stores for residents of North America and Australia. IIRC European and South American players need to download the client and updates from third party apk distributors, and that the process of purchasing anything from the cash shop requires jumping though some hoops since purchases are handled via Google play. Fortunately for them, spoofing their location is a bit easier since GFL endorses play on pc emulators.

The question is, how will FEH block you? If it's via your ip address then VPNs should suffice. If it's because your app store account or Nintendo account is associated with a Belgian address, then you might be in a stickier situation.

I was thinking along the same lines, feeling uneasy about every step.
    My google account is set to Belgium, so is my Nintendo account, so are my payment options (not that this one matters much since it's all EU wide).
    Google allows you to change country once a year. Not sure what the fallout would be on this one - I use it for everything. The Nintendo setting can be changed relatively easily, though I'm really unsure what the consequences would be.

bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    Not sure if this is correct but:
    https://serenesforest.net/2019/05/21/belgium-fire-emblem-heroes-unavailable-27th-august-2019/
    For those of you in Belgium who still play the game, there is a fairly simple way to get around the ban before it happens. Assuming you’ve linked your game to a Nintendo Account, all you have to do is log in via the website, then edit the “country/region of residence” in your profile.

This will allow you to keep playing the game after the ban is in place. Changing your region may have some minor side effects though. For instance, Gold Coins from your original region will become temporarily unavailable if your new region has a different currency.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is correct but:
    https://serenesforest.net/2019/05/21/belgium-fire-emblem-heroes-unavailable-27th-august-2019/
    For those of you in Belgium who still play the game, there is a fairly simple way to get around the ban before it happens. Assuming you’ve linked your game to a Nintendo Account, all you have to do is log in via the website, then edit the “country/region of residence” in your profile.

This will allow you to keep playing the game after the ban is in place. Changing your region may have some minor side effects though. For instance, Gold Coins from your original region will become temporarily unavailable if your new region has a different currency.

It seems I'm to become a Dutchman.
    The availability of the app on the play store is still in question though. This may involve having to download the apk for it with each update.

bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Help, I thought I was safe from this banner but I need someone to talk me out of spending orbs chasing Fjorm :P

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Help, I thought I was safe from this banner but I need someone to talk me out of spending orbs chasing Fjorm :P

You can at least wait for the mythical/legendary banner!

• Options
    Wow, I've actually managed to create a successful beast-focused AR defense without having Tibarn. Instead I use Lethe as a Tibarn-lite to start the carnage. She sits next to Leanne and Naesala, protected by the fort and traps on an infrequently used terrain (snowdust). The key is the follow-up denial, just like for Tibarn's sturdy impact. If she survives, it's a major problem for the enemy.

I have evil LAzura and Hardy bearing Yune in play as well, so it can handle the vantage shenanigans.

Just had 5 straight defense wins with 4-5 kills. Of course, I've been losing some this season too! Just can't handle infantry pulse teams. I don't have a good galeforce team (or any galeforce team) for AR offense, so if my tanks get nuked I am done.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Wow, I've actually managed to create a successful beast-focused AR defense without having Tibarn. Instead I use Lethe as a Tibarn-lite to start the carnage. She sits next to Leanne and Naesala, protected by the fort and traps on an infrequently used terrain (snowdust). The key is the follow-up denial, just like for Tibarn's sturdy impact. If she survives, it's a major problem for the enemy.

I have evil LAzura and Hardy bearing Yune in play as well, so it can handle the vantage shenanigans.

Just had 5 straight defense wins with 4-5 kills. Of course, I've been losing some this season too! Just can't handle infantry pulse teams. I don't have a good galeforce team (or any galeforce team) for AR offense, so if my tanks get nuked I am done.

Can you post a screenshot of your defense team? I'm contemplating something similar.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'll do you one better! Friend request me and you can battle it :)

ID is 4393567431

• Options
    Wow, this really is the worst banner in history. Two middling healers and a C-tier sword lord, none of which with inheritable skills.

If they ever posted the revenue numbers per banner, I'd love to see this one.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia, your infantry pulse defense was brutal. I wouldn't change it if I were you! Haha.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    https://youtu.be/k2rpXrUGSNQ

Edit: Perfect timing, a crap legendary banner when I don't have a lot of money to blow :P I can go for Naga then dip.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    B-blue is good for once?

Actually I guess Hector doesn't have an inheritable DC....

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Like and Liki are actually not bad. I thought they usually made the other two on-color pulls terrible for new releases

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    yeah, that is pretty garbage. Time to stockpile.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Uh... That's a scary weapon/C combo. The A skill is... meh? Not something I think would get high often, compared to just sticking Swift Sparrow on.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Uh... That's a scary weapon/C combo. The A skill is... meh? Not something I think would get high often, compared to just sticking Swift Sparrow on.

The AR skills are just trash in general. I'm most likely giving mine distant counter

I do wonder if her weapon counts C skill interactions. I assume so?

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    5 months and still no Tibarn rerun :( Guess the saving is back on, though I may chase an early blue or red 5 star.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Well the only Legendary hero scheduled for June is Ryoma, who presumably will run beside New Year's Hrid. That leaves a slot open for Tibarn! ...Or Hot Springs Elise. Orrr a new red Legendary Hero.

Actually, July only has one red slot open and Elise and Valentine's Ike are probably competing for that slot as it is. And since every seasonal banner this year has had a red unit, and red is so crowded and will eventually receive new heroes.... Tibarn might never be on a Legendary banner. At least not for a long time.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    That's ok, as long as he appears on a regular banner soon!

Wait... That means Luke pity breakers would be back on the menu :o

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Had good luck on the mythic banner today! Got a Legendary Tiki on my free pull, and got a Naga in a little under 50 orbs.

Thought about going for a Duma too, but decided not to get greedy.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Base 30 attack for Naga, yikes, guess she needs to lean on that weapon effect.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    yea i would be happy with a tiki

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    This banner turned out to be a quick way for me to convert 55 orbs to 3150 feathers. What an awful exchange rate!

• Options
    I had forgotten how much I hate sniping single colors in banners. Everything costs 5 orbs.

40 orbs later I was forced to choose not-blue and got another Duma. I think I'm done. :hydra:

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Man fuck this banner. It was supposed to be a get in and get out. But Naga refused to pull. Took me forever to get her -_- Meanwhile I got like a billion fucking Hectors... god. What am I gonna do with all this Bold Fighter fodder??

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    It took me 160 orbs to get another L!Tiki and Naga! While it was nice to get Naga, the return rate on orbs to 5* was not good for a legendary banner. She’s -spd, but at least I got her!