As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax West badge date speculation

SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
So in past years they tweeted for folks to not worry during April etc... Any word yet if this is the case? I'm guessing we will see the badges late April/early May.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The last 3 years have been late May and early June.
    Obviously, past sales dates and behaviors aren't proof of future actions, but PAX West tickets have not gone on sale before May since 2013.
    2009: Thursday 2/19
    2010: Friday 4/2
    2011: Friday 4/15
    2012: Wednesday 4/25
    2013: Wednesday 4/17
    2014: Wednesday 5/28
    2015: Thursday 5/7
    2016: Tuesday 6/7
    2017: Thursday 6/8
    2018: Thursday 5/31
    Also, probably won't be on a Monday or Friday

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Echoing YoungFrey, I'm betting on May since East was a bit "early" in the year.

• Options
    midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    I'm also betting on May, but not early May. I would say after May 15th, or so.

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

[ ] Badges [ ] time off [ ] cosplay

• Options
    ImZelkovaImZelkova Registered User regular
    2018 dates were announced 1 year ago today. Here's hoping they're announced soon.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/8cxw1v/pax_west_dates_confirmed/

d2kwAWv.png
  • Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I just noticed the site has been updated to "REGISTRATION SOON". The dates are also there - Aug 30-Sep 2, 2019.

every day's great on
  • Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    The last 3 years have been late May and early June.
    Obviously, past sales dates and behaviors aren't proof of future actions, but PAX West tickets have not gone on sale before May since 2013.
    2009: Thursday 2/19
    2010: Friday 4/2
    2011: Friday 4/15
    2012: Wednesday 4/25
    2013: Wednesday 4/17
    2014: Wednesday 5/28
    2015: Thursday 5/7
    2016: Tuesday 6/7
    2017: Thursday 6/8
    2018: Thursday 5/31
    Also, probably won't be on a Monday or Friday

This list makes me feel old, that's how long I've been going

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    Hyped about the website update. I'm on the hook for more than my own tickets this year, definitely a bit stressed out.

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Hyped about the website update. I'm on the hook for more than my own tickets this year, definitely a bit stressed out.

Me too! It sucks lol

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    What do you mean "On your own for tickets"?

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    Bluemeane wrote: »

I am also on the hook for tickets that are not my own, i.e. I am purchasing tickets for my husband, as well as my friends, in addition to my own. Extra pressure this year.

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

• Options
    anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    midna wrote: »
    Bluemeane wrote: »

I am also on the hook for tickets that are not my own, i.e. I am purchasing tickets for my husband, as well as my friends, in addition to my own. Extra pressure this year.

Me too! I am getting for myself, my daughter, my son and his friend this year. Remember you can't buy more than 4 badges for each day. Happy Pax badges!!

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    In my case, I need to buy 2 extra tickets for Sun. I have a friend who will be a 1st time Paxer and his mother is coming too :)

Fingers crossed for badges tomorrow so I can buy them darn plane tickets too. I want to make sure the badges are secured before booking the trip.

• Options
    Alright, Pax just tweeted no badges on sale until AFTER Memorial Day. We can relax for a few weeks :)

• Options
    Woohooooo I can ignore the alarms

• Options
    GiuocoGiuoco Registered User regular
    whew alert today scared me.

• Options
    Yep got startled but Pax folks did it all in the right order: heads up to calm down on Pax West, heads up on badges for Unplugged then a few mins later the Pax Badges tweet for Unplugged Tix. Good dry run for my Tweeter notifications!

• Options
    Unplugged definitely freaked me out. Also discovered that notifications weren't working properly as I didn't see anything about west badges being delayed until after memorial day until now.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Well Dev registration is up: http://dev.paxsite.com / https://www.showclix.com/event/paxdev195ui3y5f
    $220 for all 4 days of West. And it looks like they are using the new passkey hotel site also, for better or for worse. :?

every day's great on
  • Options
    Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Super stressed about this year. I haven't been to PAX since 2012, and IIRC, 3/4 years I've attended I had to buy from scalpers. I didn't think about passes selling out so fast until reading this thread and looking around for past sellout dates for reference. Sounds like they sell out incredibly fast, and I've been desperate to go back for years, and I would be devastated if I didn't get in this year. If I hadn't learned about the PAX Twitter announcements for badge sales, I'd be totally screwed for sure.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Based on the last couple years you shouldn't get super stressed (just, on the ball). They've actually lasted quite a while, especially Monday passes (they never sold out last year!) Last year Friday sold out in 9 hours, Saturday in 40 minutes, Sunday in 1 hour. Year before that it took an hour and a half to sell out each day, months to sell out Monday. It seems the age of 15 minute sellouts is gone.

Just make sure you have Twitter notifications working, and don't forget you can buy tickets on your phone.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    An interesting wrinkle this year, 4 day passes will be back.

Edit:
    Changed tense to account for passes not being available yet

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    MrSaucyPastaMrSaucyPasta Registered User regular
    Very interesting poetry at the end... 😉

• Options

Lol trying to figure that out

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular

Bejeweled released on May 30th, 2001.

West badges go on sale next Thursday, May 30th. Probably at Noon.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    👍

MrSaucyPasta on
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular

When you decipher it, you get some very helpful info. But I won’t post any spoilers

Skelevader already beat you to it.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Bejeweled released on May 30th, 2001.

West badges go on sale next Thursday, May 30th. Probably at Noon.

Thank you so much! :biggrin:

• Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Man, regardless of whether correct, *everyone* is going to be hammering the site right then.

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I at least got the Bejeweled part right lol

• Options
    cbellevie wrote: »
    Man, regardless of whether correct, *everyone* is going to be hammering the site right then.

I work at a computer all day, so you can bet that I'll be on the website (everyday, regardless of the haiku) refreshing the website t 10:59 and 11:59. I hope we don't crash the site...

Also for consideration: they may go with another time other than noon, because of how big this hint was. Just an idea.

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

• Options
    RavenHusky wrote: »

When you decipher it, you get some very helpful info. But I won’t post any spoilers

Skelevader already beat you to it.
    G*sh d*ngit

• Options
    I'm going to go for loose badges and hope the 4-day pass takes the heat of everything else selling out too fast :D. Considering working from home on Th 5/30 :p

• Options
    drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Looking to hit west for the first time!! Any guesses on badge pricing? Only have unplugged and east under my belt

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Looking to hit west for the first time!! Any guesses on badge pricing? Only have unplugged and east under my belt

If you buy PAX Dev badges you can also add on Pax West badges. Those are showing $220 for all four days.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options

I budgeted for $250 with tax for all four days. I'm not sure how much the 4 day badge will be though...

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

• Options
    drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

If you buy PAX Dev badges you can also add on Pax West badges. Those are showing $220 for all four days.

Thanks!!

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• Options
    I haven't seen mentioned and thought it was worth doing so - May 30, 2001 was a Wednesday. Thursday seems like the obvious day, but who knows? A twist?

Sure everyone here is watching the reg page nonstop until tickets are available regardless.

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Can it be Thursday already? I just want to get this done and over with.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I haven't seen mentioned and thought it was worth doing so - May 30, 2001 was a Wednesday. Thursday seems like the obvious day, but who knows? A twist?

Sure everyone here is watching the reg page nonstop until tickets are available regardless.

Since 2014, badges have gone on sale on: Wednesday, Thursday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Thursday in that order.

• Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Since 2014, badges have gone on sale on: Wednesday, Thursday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Thursday in that order.

Thursday seems like the obvious day, but thought worth mentioning. In the last 7 years I've been paying attention, I can't remember them ever giving such a clue as they did.