As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    They haven't showed curry parents at all in pdx yet. It's funny that they even pretend like they dont love steph more.

this is kind of fucked up thing to trash talk about

If seth tells me I hurt his feelings, I'll be sure to apologize.

Mo is so scared looking

Now everyone is scared looking. What a fucking choke.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    That shot by Klay was absurd.

That was a silly thing to do Curry.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I'm all for letting them play in the closing seconds, but I've seen deliberate fouls that were less obvious than what Leonard did to Curry there, just before that (correct) travel call.

The Leonard one on Klay Thompson just then seemed pretty questionable, he bumped him as he was leaving the floor.

Looks like it hit Klay's right arm, then richocheted Lillard's hand then grazed Klay's left hand before going out.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    looked like a gentleman's sweep was on tap there for a second but gsw too good.

the east is probably going to get shredded unless the bucks get through and giannis ascends to god tier.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited May 2019
    I know people are sick of the Warriors winning but their basketball is a lot of fun to watch and they're potentially the greastest team to ever step onto a court.

I'm just going to enjoy it why it lasts and being around for it like Jordan was.

Seth yelling at people to guard Steph just before he travels and then immediately ratting him out for the travel is great to watch on the replay.

Kelor on
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I know people are sick of the Warriors winning but their basketball is a lot of fun to watch and they're potentially the greastest team to ever step onto a court.

I'm just going to enjoy it why it lasts and being around for it like Jordan was.

Seth yelling at people to guard Steph just before he travels and then immediately ratting him out for the travel is great to watch on the replay.

Is there a video link for this?

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    looked like a gentleman's sweep was on tap there for a second but gsw too good.

the east is probably going to get shredded unless the bucks get through and giannis ascends to godLeonard tier.

Kawhi or Meyers

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I think Kerr's coaching helps the warriors.

Give me money please.

I was feeling salty about the triple choke from the blazers last night, but feel somewhat better about it today. At any point in the season, if you would have told me they would make the conference finals, get a 37foot series ender, win a 4ot playoff game, and win a game 7 nail biter on the road, I would have been ecstatic. It sucks it ended in another humiliating sweep, but this is the blazers are talking about, it's never going to be all sunshine.

As far as the game, I feel like I was vindicated saying they needed to play faster. They started the game that way and scored a ton of points. Then they got ahead, and ran the "dame stands there bouncing the ball for 12 seconds while everyone else stands motionless" offense, which has been death for us all series. I do think the blazers never really believed they could win, and that offense kept happening because every time they got ahead all they could think was "oh shit! We're winning! Dont fuck it up. Dont fuck it up"which paralyzed them. They were all very happy just to be in the wcf, which, fair enough, I was too. What sucks is the warriors even more vulnerable than they might have thought, and some consistency would have led to a long, competitive series.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    The smartest take in sports!

I think Kerr's coaching helps the warriors.

Give me money please.

The number of basketball fans who actually think that Kerr doesn't do anything or is an "average" coach is actually larger than you'd expect.
    I was feeling salty about the triple choke from the blazers last night, but feel somewhat better about it today. At any point in the season, if you would have told me they would make the conference finals, get a 37foot series ender, win a 4ot playoff game, and win a game 7 nail biter on the road, I would have been ecstatic. It sucks it ended in another humiliating sweep, but this is the blazers are talking about, it's never going to be all sunshine.

As far as the game, I feel like I was vindicated saying they needed to play faster. They started the game that way and scored a ton of points. Then they got ahead, and ran the "dame stands there bouncing the ball for 12 seconds while everyone else stands motionless" offense, which has been death for us all series. I do think the blazers never really believed they could win, and that offense kept happening because every time they got ahead all they could think was "oh shit! We're winning! Dont fuck it up. Dont fuck it up"which paralyzed them. They were all very happy just to be in the wcf, which, fair enough, I was too. What sucks is the warriors even more vulnerable than they might have thought, and some consistency would have led to a long, competitive series.

I feel for the Blazers, or really any team that plays the Warriors, because they are the kind of team that can turn a 17-point deficit into a 9-point lead in literally a quarter of play. It's mind-boggling how good they can be when they are on their game, and all it takes is 5 minutes and suddenly a game you think you've been winning is just completely out of grasp. Then you get that demoralized look you see on players' faces when they realize that Steph and Klay will just nail ridiculous shots from ridiculous range right in your face and there's nothing you can do about it.

This series is also a story about depth. The Warriors lost KD and Iggy but still have Steph, Klay, and Draymond around. The Blazers lost their starting center, and Dame couldn't even dunk by the end of the series, and they just didn't have enough firepower left even with Meyers Leonard playing out of his mind.

At some point, talent wins out over time.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I think at least some of that lack of consistency from start of a game to finish can be attributed to fatigue. Dame looked real tired midway through the 3rd of most games in the WCF

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I didn't watch but the last few minutes plus OT but I feel like I could count on one hand Blazer possessions where there was any kind of penetration into the paint at all during that time. Warriors had real aggressive D down the stretch.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I think at least some of that lack of consistency from start of a game to finish can be attributed to fatigue. Dame looked real tired midway through the 3rd of most games in the WCF

Apparently he separated some ribs during Game 2. =(

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I don't think getting swept by this Warriors team, even without KD qualifies as "another humiliating sweep". Against any of the other West teams, sure, but even being competitive with this Warriors team is an accomplishment right now. They are that historically good.

I'm glad my team stole a couple wins, but they also got a couple true beat downs. The Blazers (based on box scores), were at least competitive the whole way, even without getting any wins.

Butters wrote: »

Apparently he separated some ribs during Game 2. =(

I believe it. I watched most of the second half of Saturday's game and he was missing some pretty routine layups that rib pain would explain.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Leeks wrote: »
    I don't think getting swept by this Warriors team, even without KD qualifies as "another humiliating sweep". Against any of the other West teams, sure, but even being competitive with this Warriors team is an accomplishment right now. They are that historically good.

I'm glad my team stole a couple wins, but they also got a couple true beat downs. The Blazers (based on box scores), were at least competitive the whole way, even without getting any wins.

I wouldn't say it was humiliating just because the blazers got swept, but because they so openly choked. Game 4 was the most clear, because the warriors never hit that transcendant state they can get to. Warriors were still missing shots, blazers were still getting looks, they just looked shook. They didn't seem ready to be in that moment.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    it's no secret i'm hoping the Warriors three-peat, but man is it disappointing seeing Dame so quiet and not a playmaker.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want Antetekoumpo to just go crazy and The Bucks to win.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    it's no secret i'm hoping the Warriors three-peat, but man is it disappointing seeing Dame so quiet and not a playmaker.

Didn't they already three-peat? This is a four-peat, I thought.

Christ.

EDIT: Mixed up when Lebron snuck that win in there.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    they lost in '16.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Oof. That's a good one. I don't know what this says about me as a Warriors fan, but it's been nice knowing ya!

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    KD is a dweeb

If I tweeted that at him, he’d reply to me

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Raps are playing good so far

• shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Good team effort by the raptors there, especially with Van Vleet showing up finally.

Kelor wrote: »

Is there a video link for this?

Sorry for the lateness but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFx21mHcxlc

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hah thank you!

It's pretty safe to assume Steph Curry is always being fouled and never getting a call for it.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It's pretty safe to assume Steph Curry is always being fouled and never getting a call for it.

KpNkskz.png

Damn. I sure got told there.

he does get hacked and undercut a lot for a superstar.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    He and most undersized guards also get away with a lot of hacking on the defensive end. If there is anyone not getting the benefit of the doubt from officiating it sure as hell isn't players like Steph Curry

I can't recall the last time I saw Steph Curry hack someone and not get called for it. But maybe they just don't show it on screen.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.