As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Looks like Rashomon rerun in a few days, and then after that we should get Onigashima rerun

Good news for anyone who wasn't around or missed it the first time around, one of the best 4* servants in the game for free

Yep, and the rerun for KnK is next year probably... which is the other one. But don't miss Rider Kintoki if you don't have him.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Rolled once on Lancer banner, hoping for LArtoria, Lalter, or Karna. Got.... Enkidu.
    Rolled once on Rider hoping for Quetz or Medb or Ozy NP2. Got... Drake NP4 the endless Spook.
    tfw your luck is so good that you can just hope and expect SSRs off only 1 10 roll

I agreed with this. But got Okita in one roll at the start of the event and the monk in one roll today. So I dunno.

And now whoever the Berserker in one, when I just wanted CEs. As long as I don't want the 5 stars, they all show up. Of course the second I save up some quartz or actually want a Servant this 'luck' will disappear...
    Humblebragging is against the Shinsengumi code

Threw a ticket at Nero because why not and got Gawain. I've grown too powerful. I can't be stopped.

Or I'll just get nothing at all during summer or whatever else I actually save for.

I used like 90 SQ during the last event to try to get some Alter Egos for extra coverage. Nothing.

Tossed one ticket at the banner today. And now I have Waver.

I can just put the friend support in slot 6 and never even look at what I'm picking from now on, huh?

uyvfOQy.png
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Rolled once on Lancer banner, hoping for LArtoria, Lalter, or Karna. Got.... Enkidu.
    Rolled once on Rider hoping for Quetz or Medb or Ozy NP2. Got... Drake NP4 the endless Spook.
    tfw your luck is so good that you can just hope and expect SSRs off only 1 10 roll

I agreed with this. But got Okita in one roll at the start of the event and the monk in one roll today. So I dunno.

And now whoever the Berserker in one, when I just wanted CEs. As long as I don't want the 5 stars, they all show up. Of course the second I save up some quartz or actually want a Servant this 'luck' will disappear...
    Humblebragging is against the Shinsengumi code

Threw a ticket at Nero because why not and got Gawain. I've grown too powerful. I can't be stopped.

Or I'll just get nothing at all during summer or whatever else I actually save for.

I used like 90 SQ during the last event to try to get some Alter Egos for extra coverage. Nothing.

Tossed one ticket at the banner today. And now I have Waver.

I can just put the friend support in slot 6 and never even look at what I'm picking from now on, huh?

The only thing better than Waver is Merlin and Waver. Or Merlin and Merlin.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Yeah it's just going to be Jeanne/Merlin/Waver for 95% of all difficult content now, I suppose.

And when Merlin is max bond soon enough I can rotate the new Caster into my farming teams.

uyvfOQy.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't know why you'd inflict that on yourself, but I like finishing fights in fewer than two hundred turns

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Jalter, not Jeanne, I think

Otherwise yeah, that would be brutal

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I think my choice for golden fous is between Babbage, Arash, and First Hassan. Arash certainly gets the most use out of the three (and out of every other servant), but he really only wants the attack ones, and I'd like to eventually fully max someone. Babbage is the unique option, and I actually do get some use out of the guy, but I also like the idea of maxing gramps and eventually rolling for NP upgrades for the guy. Decisions, decisions...

This isn't as easy a choice as it was the first time around. Robin Hood was a no-brainer.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm split between MHX, Nero, and Martha for my first set.

But I'm also considering saving for MHXX or Illya.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Which one is the gundam?

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Which one is the gundam?
    MHXX is the Gundam.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular

wait

wait

what do you mean you can put the support in slot 6

... TIL about Line Up button >.<

Yeah, I have no idea where I want to put the first set. Bride or Archtoria are probably my ebst candidates atm.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    There's putting them on your best, or putting them on your favorite.

Also, they might as well go on a lvl100 Servant.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    I wasn't really planning on making any level 100 servants on this account, but maybe I'll pull the trigger for whoever I'm using gold fous on.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    My Nightengale just hit 99 and is about to hit 100

So I'll have to choose between her and my level 100 david

Tough stuff

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm perpetually tempted to grail Gilgamesh

Honestly I should at least grail my Lancelot to 90

My grail plans are set to the current JP timeline.

(fgo-chan please have mercy on wallet-kun)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I think I'll probably just golden Fou my Herc? He's NP3 Bond 10, so the extra damage would be nice for those harder fights.

Or I stick it on Gilgamesh because he's just generally useful, or Asterios because he's my OG Lv.90 fluffy boy, or... yeah, it's tough.

Rashoumon re-run probably means Raikou is coming back on banner, yeah? Maybe I should ara-ara away these free tickets Ishtar has been giving out.

I need to make a last ditch effort at saving for Nobuzerker

Rashoumon re-run probably means Raikou is coming back on banner, yeah? Maybe I should ara-ara away these free tickets Ishtar has been giving out.

Rashomon is Shuten. Raikou will return with Onigashima, which should be the event after Rashomon.

And do roll for her, because she's great

Ah, well then. I've rolled for her in the past. Maybe this time will work?

On my event page
    Waver has Carp
    Jack has Shana-oh

But since this is still farm time
    Drake has Mona Lisa
    and S.Marie in All has Personal Lesson

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I'm so close to being able to reliably clear the 3m Ibaraki and hands in one turn. I'm a little disappointed! I had such confidence!

I suspect I'll be able to do it when I get one more carp and can max the second copy, at least. Or if I bought enough copies of the Ushi CE to max a second copy, but I'm not gonna do that.

I can't do it in one turn yet for whatever reason (I seem to remember being able to last year?), but boy Merlin sure makes Gilgamesh just melt through the 6m Ibaraki, huh. I can two-turn her if I luck into getting an NPBB combo off, but that's as close as it gets.

I'm still not entirely sure what backline support to swap in for max damage, though: right now I'm going with Mozart for those sweet 50 stars, but maybe I'd be better served by Shakespeare, Andersen, or Helena? And is it worth swapping out an event CE for something else, like a black grail or ox-king or... whatever?

In any case, it's a far cry from struggling to survive fifteen turns in the beginning of the event last year. Grabbing a support Merlin for that AoE invincibility changes everything.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It feels so good to be able to bully the banana this time. I can blow up 3BP in three turns, saving my rice balls for Heart day though.

My setup is:
    MC Plugsuit
    1. Arash with gacha CE
    2. Jalter with MLB Tales
    3. Support Waver with MLB Carp
    4. Merlin with MLB Carp
    5. Waver with MLB Carp
    6. Asterios with gacha CE

Face card first round, stun banana, buff with Support Waver, swap to my Waver and buff, Arash boom, buff Jalter with Merlin, annihilate banana

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Threw some tickets at the latest banner and got Ibaraki NP2, can't complain

Madican wrote: »
    It feels so good to be able to bully the banana this time. I can blow up 3BP in three turns, saving my rice balls for Heart day though.

My setup is:
    MC Plugsuit
    1. Arash with gacha CE
    2. Jalter with MLB Tales
    3. Support Waver with MLB Carp
    4. Merlin with MLB Carp
    5. Waver with MLB Carp
    6. Asterios with gacha CE

Face card first round, stun banana, buff with Support Waver, swap to my Waver and buff, Arash boom, buff Jalter with Merlin, annihilate banana

Ah, so that's the recipe for it. Yeah, stealing that. No Merlin though, so I'm using Bride atm, which means I should probably use Archuria as damage and just loop her once for the kill.

I've just been blowing up 2bp in one turn with AUO instead

I don't have CEs yet though really because I totally skipped this event the first time

Yeah, I don't have Gil, so I can't abuse Enuma Elish on this. I'm doing double Waver atm for the full 100% battery.

I heard punch saint doesnt get to anti-demon Ibaraki or something too, which is no fun - She has enough of a battery to run Merlin.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I'm going to throw exp cards at Rama, that should make it possible for me to bully the banana without much issue. I can nail her in one shot (1mil) with Shishou's NP and a limit broken Tales already though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    You really want to kill hands this time around, they drop gold materials with a very good rate

Martha's anti demon buff doesn't count the boss? That would suck. I'm using her and support Casters. Buster cards for the hands, NP the boss. Five turns seems fine.

uyvfOQy.png
    Martha's anti demon buff doesn't count the boss? That would suck. I'm using her and support Casters. Buster cards for the hands, NP the boss. Five turns seems fine.

Havent tested. I mean, I'd hope it would, I have her NP3 and she could demolish banana if it does.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Havent tested. I mean, I'd hope it would, I have her NP3 and she could demolish banana if it does.

Sort of. There are two different flags.
    Demonic
    Demon

Martha's buff is Anti-Demon. Ibaraki-Doji is Demonic. The Hands are Demon. So the Martha buff works on the hands, but not Ibaraki herself. My guess is that in the original Japanese the flags were much more specific.

PSN|AspectVoid
    I think Martha's buff not working on the banana is a bug they're working on

AspectVoid wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Sort of. There are two different flags.
    Demonic
    Demon

Martha's buff is Anti-Demon. Ibaraki-Doji is Demonic. The Hands are Demon. So the Martha buff works on the hands, but not Ibaraki herself. My guess is that in the original Japanese the flags were much more specific.

The way the wiki puts it, there's Demon(悪魔) and Demonic(魔性). The first is akuma, which I'm pretty sure is used to refer to Christian demons and devils etc., while the latter is... I don't know Japanese, but futzing around with Google Translate I think it refers to having a devilish character to you? Or, well, a ma-nature of sorts. Demonic looks like a decent translation.

The former trait covers two enemies: demons and gazers. The latter is much broader, including skeletons, werebeasts, goblins, sea demons, lamia, ghosts, boars, crabs, efreet, bicorns, all the Demon-trait enemies, soul eaters, all the Onigashima oni, Ibaraki's hands, Ushi Gozen and Beast III/R... and it actually includes Servants, too, although currently the list is literally just Shuten and Ibaraki. Y'know, the oni. (The next addition is, surprise surprise, another oni.)

Looking at cirnopedia I guess "demon" might also cover hands, doors and Demon God Pillars, but it's still a very limited trait. Fortunately, though, the ones that target it don't just target it - Martha also hits the undead, for instance, which adds a bunch.

Actually, funnily enough, Martha is the only character who cares about the distinction. Everyone else - Rama, Touta, Raiko, four future JP servants - just cares about the broader Demonic group. Chalk it up to her being Christian, I guess.

I now have NP5 Angra

Guess I'm gonna get cursed to death 5 times over

I now have NP5 Angra

Guess I'm gonna get cursed to death 5 times over

What the actual fuck I haven't even pulled him once yet

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    IT BEGINS
    (linked because of bikini top)

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless