As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Most of the upgrades (non-unique) are duplicated across the conversion kits.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

Maneuver dials and ship base bits.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Maneuver dials and ship base bits.

Gotcha. Not sure how much luck you will have. I'm not aware of anything outside of the builders, but I haven't looked much to be honest.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I feel like that will be difficult to swap because you probably have the most commonly owned Imperial ships and they'll be the ones most people need. If you're looking for a ton of TIE Aggressor cardboard yeah you could get a dude to swap you some of those. If you're trying to get extra TIE Fighters and squints then everyone needs those so there probably isn't a surplus.

You could probably just sell your extras and use that to defray the cost of the Imp kit, and then sell those extras.

Woof, I need to reorganize my collection completely with my 2.0 stuff from rebels. Even just choosing quick start configurations and pulling the cards (app/website doesn't make card detail easily accessible) and ships and dials and tokens took an hour to set up.

Then 2 hours of play before I had to call it quits with my son because it was dinner time.
    He played Vader and Deathrain to my Luke and Norra.

The full size cards are what's killer, because they don't fit my red Plano. I may end up needing a binder and sleeves to keep things in order.

Is there an app or website like the old squad builder that keeps up with 2.0 changes and can print details? Would save a lot of time if they also had click and add quick build ships/squads my sons can use.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited May 2019
    https://raithos.github.io/ This looks like it has everything you're looking for, updated to 2.0

crimsoncoyote on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Grappling Struts are frickin' busted

A while back I mentioned feeling like Collision Detector was undercosted at 5 points. Shortly thereafter, it got nerfed in the app with a cost increase to 6 points.

What would you pay for a Collision Detector with unlimited uses?
    What if it also gave your small-base ship a turret and a blue zero-move?
    What if that turret did not even take an action to change facing?

What if the ships capable of equipping this nonsense came with a mini-Coordinate action built in?
    What if this mini-Coordinate ignored stress?

I don't think it would be hyperbole to call Grappling Struts the most broken X-wing card ever printed. The only things that keep it in line are the fact that it is shackled to the worst statline ever printed, and the fact that tournament rules tend to disfavor swarmy lists.

Sokpuppet on
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Grappling Struts are frickin' busted

A while back I mentioned feeling like Collision Detector was undercosted at 5 points. Shortly thereafter, it got nerfed in the app with a cost increase to 6 points.

What would you pay for a Collision Detector with unlimited uses?
    What if it also gave your small-base ship a turret and a blue zero-move?
    What if that turret did not even take an action to change facing?

What if the ships capable of equipping this nonsense came with a mini-Coordinate action built in?
    What if this mini-Coordinate ignored stress?

I don't think it would be hyperbole to call Grappling Struts the most broken X-wing card ever printed. The only things that keep it in line are the fact that it is shackled to the worst statline ever printed, and the fact that tournament rules tend to disfavor swarmy lists.

I mean that seems to imply it's not broken. Lots of things would be broken if you could put them on things that can't currently take them! The reason you can't is to make it balanced!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am going to play tomorrow after work but can not find the damage deck that came with the starter set. I have the X-Wing promo deck, but not the mini one. Strange.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

HAHAHAHAH!

swz45_finn.png

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    So I'm thinking about selling all my 1st edition ships. Is there still money in the models? I'm not looking for much but I have a ton of ships. I was caught up to the wave where all the bounty hunter ships came out, and had lots of duplicates. Some even new in box still.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    Depends on the ships. A (very) quick survey of ebay suggests somewhere between 1/3 retail and full price, depending on the ship. No promises on if any of the stuff at retail price actually sells for that.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Syrdon wrote: »
    Depends on the ships. A (very) quick survey of ebay suggests somewhere between 1/3 retail and full price, depending on the ship. No promises on if any of the stuff at retail price actually sells for that.

yea I was figuring at pricing them at around 1/3 or 1/4, so glad to see that tracks.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    It's points update time! What is everyone excited for? Predictions?

1) Obviously phantoms go up. I hope juke is untouched, Defenders and Naboo fighters shouldn't be punished. If anything juke should go down (with phantoms going up additionally to compensate.) I would like non-Soontir ints to be viable.

2) I feel like basically everything Republic could go down, except maybe Anakin. Especially CLT and the named V19s/ARCs. I am hoping double handmaiden with juke + Anakin is viable and hilarious.

3) I fear for my Resistance Four Fives list, especially Lulo and Nien. Buffs for the <4 initiative X-Wings and large ships?

4) Leia is definitely going up but not too much I hope. I'd like to see non-Wedge X-Wings helped out.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mmm. I like these changes.

My preferred Duchess loadout becomes Hyperspace legal - Fifth Brother+Predator lets her just be maximum mobility while having double mods for shots.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Is there a list of the differences somewhere?

They have upcoming changes PDFs with changed values highlighted (red for increase, blue for decrease/new slots).

Polaritie wrote: »

They have upcoming changes PDFs with changed values highlighted (red for increase, blue for decrease/new slots).

This is also amazing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZQGx-K9VXc9ZaTBcny9zr2C6E3MzkTJx4qrviaa19BM/edit#gid=1665392306

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Separatists getting a lot of love this pass.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I played another game as Republic. Had Mace, Wolffe, and two generic Arc-170s.

Mace did nothing due to outstanding poor rolling. The Arcs are beautiful monsters.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I played another game as Republic. Had Mace, Wolffe, and two generic Arc-170s.

Mace did nothing due to outstanding poor rolling. The Arcs are beautiful monsters.

And the ARCs are getting buffed.

Thankfully, they also melt to swarms pretty well.

News!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/7/11/bigger-battles/
    Huge Ships! (And conversion kit!)

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/7/11/a-larger-world/
    Multiplayer Expansion!
    Featuring eleven cinematic scenarios—from team games to chaotic, eight-player, free-for-all battles—Epic Battles broadens the possibilities of X-Wing, creating an exciting new experience for players of all skill levels. In addition to the scenarios and rules for playing with more than two players, Epic Battles also introduces wings, an exciting new way for players to control multiple ships in formation using only a single maneuver dial.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    And yet despite all 3 announced products including at least 1 plastic maneuver dial, they didn't SHOW IT. Grrrrr... :D

That said, I really like the idea of the huge ship tracker. Tracking shields and energy on a spinner like that makes a ton more sense than tracking all the tokens.

It's very cool seeing that there are multiple formation shapes. None appear to be a V shape naturally, but I don't know if that formation plays well with X-wing's rules anyways.

Edit: Oh wild, look at the dial for the CR-90. It has banks 0 left and right! Also, they are no longer doing the dual cards for the huge ships, and there is no mention of ship-specific damage cards.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    It's likely they haven't completed the design of the maneuver template yet.
    0-banks on the dials are interesting. I like what they did with the firing arcs as well.

The multiplayer expansion sounds interesting. There have been a good handful of times where there were more than 2 of us wanting to play X-Wing. I'm interested to see those scenarios.

Whoops. I just bought a, N-1 Starfighter, a Hyena Bomber, and a B-Wing. I already have three old B-Wings but FLAPPY WINGS!

Finally got this to the table again last night!

My dice in general hate me, but eventually turned it around by out-maneuvering my friend and we called it when I had all 3 of my ships (though my K-Wing was limping with 1 hull left) vs his scum Falcon, having blown up his Fang and escape pod.

Best move of the night was dropping a bomb right into where his escape pod was moving. It ended up saving the Falcon from being within range, as it bumped it, but over the course of the game I was able to get 3 hits with my bombs! (also why the K-Wing was so beat up)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Yo. Flappy B-Wing is really great! Going to have to get more.

N-1 is pretty shiny. Could be shinier.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Can you take pics of them? I forgot that there is a N-1... I'm tempted to pick one up and try a chrome pen on it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »

Can you take pics of them? I forgot that there is a N-1... I'm tempted to pick one up and try a chrome pen on it.

I probably can't take one better than the official photos. The N-1 would probably be good to go if you just put a coat of gloss over the metal parts.

Are there good lists for flying multiple B-wings? I only have 1, but can't imagine trying to fly multiple.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I saw an update for the Vassal module earlier today.
    They've made it look MUCH easier.

I really want a new B-wing for flappy wings. And Naboo starfighters.

I also totally forgot they were making Nantex fighters in the next wave. Such a weird little ship...

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oof. That feel when you forget just how much you pre-ordered...

1 of all the new ships, of course.

1 TIE Silencer to be in the right scale.

And somehow I put down for 2 B-wings? O... okay then. I guess I'll fly 5 of them in formation.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    If anyone has extra old model B-wings they want to get rid of, just let me know. Not sure how well they'd mail though. Likely end up with a reconstruction project.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    If anyone has extra old model B-wings they want to get rid of, just let me know. Not sure how well they'd mail though. Likely end up with a reconstruction project.

If all else fails, the old B-wings should fit in the new B-wing packaging to protect it.

Oh my god Flappy B-wing is perfect and what I've wanted in a B-wing toy for so long!

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Xwing 2.0 stuff is on sale 33%-66% off on miniature market... I haven't even played and I am tempted to buy some conversions kits for $20 in case I ever feel the urge.

DO3O00C.png
    $20! Grabbing that! That's a price I'm OK with for those conversion kits!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Dang, the First Order kit is out of stock. That's the only one I still need. $10 for that is a steal.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Now they do mission/scenarios? Now?