As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Ha-haaaa!

"Mei-lon."

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Ha-haaaa!

"Mei-lon."

I don't get it.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Chance wrote: »
    Ha-haaaa!

"Mei-lon."

I don't get it.

Apron!

edited May 2019
    Ha-haaaa!

"Mei-lon."

I don't get it.

Apron!

Ohhh okay lol

I had some crazy good times Vs. an enemy Zen last night. Y'know how Zens will save their ults for your team's Soldier, Genji, Zarya or Reaper ult? This one didn't.

This one saved his ult for me. I think he was able to turn and head-click me once, but otherwise he was either one-clipped, two-clipped in a quick duel, or he would instantly pop Trance as soon as I started shooting him. I'm not sure he ever even used it not explicitly to survive an encounter with me.

On the third time I land behind him, start emptying a clip, he Trances and zips away and I just hop up onto high ground, watch him zoom back to his team, fly out over the field, land beside him as his ult ends and brrring to the dome. It was lurvely.

Chance on
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    OP is updated to include the new map launch.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If Snowball isn't shaving ice when it's dropped for the ultimate animation it's a wasted concept although I appreciate the skin being pun based, Mei's icicles should be different colors to represent different flavors.

Given the skins we've seen so far I'm pretty hyped for this event already.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If Snowball isn't shaving ice when it's dropped for the ultimate animation it's a wasted concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5W0n-5UA8w

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Mei-d

Other skins are Brig, Hog and Pharah. And dance emotes for the new hires.

oh crap it'll be a free week, need to adjust the TV beforehand so when I tilt it balances out.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Other skins are Brig, Hog and Pharah. And dance emotes for the new hires.

Loving those skins!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    The hammond Dance gives me life

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    The Ham Dance is easily the best of the 3.

I'm curious what new voice lines are in (if any), now.

I will forever hold out hope that Tracer gets something.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    That Pharah skin seems lackluster. I'll hold off judgement until i see it in game but I'm not exactly aiming for it atm.

steam_sig.png
    I find the skins always look better when you see 'em in-game.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019

tracer got a voice line
    edit: not at home but i think its something like, "I love this part!"

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

Fall Damage

I mean, what more is there to say? Sounds like something you could whip up quick in the Workshop. Maybe with an exception for Winston's leap attack.

• jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    There's good news and bad news:

There's 2 new game-modes that are utterly fantastic.

"Mirrored deathmatch", where everyone plays same random hero. The hero played gets swapped during the match multiple times, but everyone plays same one.

"hero gauntlet" a Deathmatch where everyone starts as McCree. You change your character after each kill (22 different heros). Last hero is Torbjörn with only hammer.

Both are very fun modes except for one thing. There's no backfill.
    Instead when players leave (2 leavers out of 8 players) it just cancels the game.
    This is very infuriating, because it happens more often than matches actually finish.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
    TTODewback wrote: »

tracer got a voice line
    edit: not at home but i think its something like, "I love this part!"

May have to put that on a button for use prior to sticking snipers.

jammu wrote: »

"Mirrored deathmatch", where everyone plays same random hero. The hero played gets swapped during the match multiple times, but everyone plays same one.

"hero gauntlet" a Deathmatch where everyone starts as McCree. You change your character after each kill (22 different heros). Last hero is Torbjörn with only hammer.

Instead when players leave (2 leavers out of 8 players) it just cancels the game.
    This is very infuriating, because it happens more often than matches actually finish.

oHjSytn.gif

Really Blizzard, that's gonna be the response to quitters? And of course people will kamikaze those arcade games when they're losing, especially because you won't do shit because they're arcade games, you don't even make an effort in comp.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hero gauntlet seems kind of random to me. There's no real progression? Like the mode works in GTA I think because you start with super powerful weapons and end up trying to melee to the win, but here the matchups aren't necessarily good or bad, and if you luck out into a series of characters that your opponents don't have an answer to, you can sweep to #1 super fast and then there's no point.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Hero gauntlet seems kind of random to me. There's no real progression? Like the mode works in GTA I think because you start with super powerful weapons and end up trying to melee to the win, but here the matchups aren't necessarily good or bad, and if you luck out into a series of characters that your opponents don't have an answer to, you can sweep to #1 super fast and then there's no point.

There isn't any power progression like that in Overwatch though, unless you revamp everybody's stats and then it's not the same characters anymore. I'm sure there are Workshop mods that have done that, but I think the official Arcade modes will be a little more conventional.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

Fall Damage

I mean, what more is there to say? Sounds like something you could whip up quick in the Workshop. Maybe with an exception for Winston's leap attack.

Making boops more powerful certainly is a bad idea, yes.

BionicPenguin on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Give fall damage just to Bastion

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Boom schoolgirl DVa from the free chest 10/10 holiday would 2019 again.

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Really Blizzard, that's gonna be the response to quitters? And of course people will kamikaze those arcade games when they're losing, especially because you won't do shit because they're arcade games, you don't even make an effort in comp.

I feel like this is a super charged response and I just kinda wanna say that yeah, it's an arcade mode, they're not really meant to be taken too seriously (otherwise mayhem wouldn't exist!), and while it's unfortunate I think it's a little strong to treat this like some crazy indictment of blizzard. It is just as, if not more, likely that it's a limitation of the current iteration of workshop that we're not aware of rather than some plot by blizzard to ruin arcade games for everyone. It's considerably more involved than the custom games we had prior to this and therefore might not be that trivial to implement backfill.

Donnicton wrote: »

I got the hideous Macaroni Beard Torb skin from my free chest. :sad:

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    all cops are bastards but Brig's riot cop skin is extremely good

in fact all the new skins are incredible. pharah's is the only one that feels a little meh, but I think that's only because of the company it's in, and also because she has so many amazing ones already. thematically it's actually very good, just a little lacking in color/pizzazz

i'm really not a fan of them having both purple and yellow skins for the same character in the same event, and doing it for more than one character, but i'm mostly used to it by now

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I got 3 legendary skins and an epic highlight from the free loot box.

noice

Bless your heart.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Overwatch is getting real...crashy on me. Something about a VBA Exception. And I can't reach the Task Manager because Overwatch itself never minimizes, forcing me to do a hard reset. Unless this is a known problem with a known fix, I think I'll just not play until I build my next rig.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767

I got Police Brutality Brig. :(

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    l-o-uncomfortable-l at police brutality brig. too real, too real.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I got toxic hog, i never play the man but its a damn good skin.

Widow's Electric is real nice too. It only suffers from being Not-Nova.

Still not diggin' Pharah's.

steam_sig.png
    Mei's is still too busy but darned if she's not cute as all get-out.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

I got Police Brutality Brig. :(

I'm told she sounds sirens whenever she shield boosts so there's that at least.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I need more male characters with bare legs though. Sun's out, drums out. Maybe we'll get a few more for summer event.

I feel like this is a super charged response and I just kinda wanna say that yeah, it's an arcade mode, they're not really meant to be taken too seriously (otherwise mayhem wouldn't exist!), and while it's unfortunate I think it's a little strong to treat this like some crazy indictment of blizzard. It is just as, if not more, likely that it's a limitation of the current iteration of workshop that we're not aware of rather than some plot by blizzard to ruin arcade games for everyone. It's considerably more involved than the custom games we had prior to this and therefore might not be that trivial to implement backfill.

This has always been my stance across all games, not just Overwatch: I don't care if you're good or bad but I want you to play the game as intended. Being AFK, just feeding enemies, and leaving, these are all things that ruin the game for other people no matter what kind of mode and in the case of leaving I would say that's the biggest thing that makes the game toxic because it just compounds and the person who caused it all what, loses 25 SR or some exp on the next game? They don't care, if they did they wouldn't leave games. And they've just ruined the game experience for at least five other people. You just let people have a sad and leave The Gauntlet (or comp) and all that time and potential exp is gone, thank you for playing oh BTW fuck off.

Stop punishing the good people because you're scared of being the mean guy to the bad people. They're harder on one-tricks than they are with leavers.

soylenth wrote: »
    l-o-uncomfortable-l at police brutality brig. too real, too real.

Cleaning up the streets of Malmo with a mace regulation police baton.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    ACAB

All Cops Are Brigitte

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.