As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    SamSho3 is good. The new characters are all interesting. Slash vs Bust combat modes add some flavour. Combat pacing is hella slow though. Like if you've played a modern fighter in the last... 10 years, SamSho3 will feel floaty. At the same time, you can have rounds that are literally 3-hit KOs when you face off against certain characters.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bbR3_20-_E

Hmm, game looks interesting. Some weird system things I'm not sure of (crossups exist, but there's also a block button?), but I like the pace of the game so far.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Hmm, game looks interesting. Some weird system things I'm not sure of (crossups exist, but there's also a block button?), but I like the pace of the game so far.

Fuudo learned a valuable lesson

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I panicked a bit when you said there's a block button, but watching the video, block button is optional! Yeah it will probably let you cheat when it comes to cross ups but I don't care, I'm really happy that I can back to block.

You can also manually input specials instead of using the special button, which actually decreases the amount of cooldown that move has. I really like that idea.

I was originally confused how EXs would work in this game because footage showed that they didn't take meter, but watching this, the tradeoff for using an EX is that it makes the cooldown way longer. I like this idea too!

Meter builds like GG or DBFZ, so just like, being offensive and moving forward builds meter. Every character gets two supers, one when their bar is full, and if their health gets low the super meter turns blue and they get a super super. Reminds me of Persona awakenings.

Other than that I like the look of the speed of the game, you have running which is dope, you have a little sideswitch hop like kof or Persona. Literally the only thing this game doesn't have that I would want is airdashing, and even then it seems like most characters have interesting air options.

I am really liking the look of this game.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Fuudo learned a valuable lesson

Eb509j1.jpg

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i've long appreciated "crouching" as a goofy 2D anachronism

i'm pretty sure no martial arts style teaches you "hey just get down on 1 knee and stay there its really good"

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    my character makes scythes out of blood

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

HELL YEAH DUDE

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I sometimes think about switching mains but none of the other characters make scythes out of blood.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I sometimes think about switching mains but none of the other characters make scythes out of blood.

You could stop being such a elitist cretin and take axes made out of ice like the rest of the civilized world.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Or for god sakes man just take a GUN! They are perfectly acceptable alternative in todays modern fisticuffs

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

You could stop being such a elitist cretin and take axes made out of ice like the rest of the civilized world.

I have not had time to purchase or play the game yet, but I am fairly confident my character will make drills out of ice with her hands.

• Options
    The next Mortal Kombat game should not have any of the original MK character in it they are played out do not @ me

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I love everything about Skarlets visual design and her voice and her dialog. She's so cool.

I just wish she had more than zero combo potential. She has one string that gives you a popup. Another gives you a small corner combo. Give me a special that replaces a projectile and pops up on meter burn. Or give me a ground bounce on one of her krushing blows.

Though if it were up to me like every special move in the game would ground bounce.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    She only has one combo string but it's really simple to do and does good damage. I think if she had a lot of combo ability in addition to her bonkers zoning she'd be a little bit broken. Her krushing blows absolutely blow though.

I'd definitely take a rushdown version of the character without zoning though

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

I can think of at least 4 characters this could apply to, said only as a positive.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    New 3-day Tower has a bunch of Shao Khan skins and equipment. Brutal difficulty has a few more pieces of gear.

Up to 40 skins for Shao Khan!

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    I want them to let me pay to unlock the shao kahn announcer because I have two tutorials left and they are fucking impossible

• Options
    I keep coming back and saying "I'm so much better at the game now I bet I can do these" and no, I can't. I don't really have much faith that they're possible, since I know updates have been an issue with the tutorials in general.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Which ones are they? I went through all of them about a week ago and only had a slight issue with Kollector's because the motion used for his cancel had changed after the tutorial dialogue was written.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Have any of you ever had the problem where you see an overhead coming, switch to high block in time to actually block it.... and then mysteriously you hand just makes you block low right when it's about to hit?

This happened to me ALL THE TIME in old GG, and I never understood what part of my instincts/muscle memory/suppressed trauma/training made me do that.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    s5oLeza.jpg?1

The gigantic balance and systems BBTag patch went live earlier, as did the new characters.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    was arcana heart already in bbtag or is that new

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Ah, the authentic P4U Chie experience

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

It's new. They also teased that there's a 6th franchise coming.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

It's new. They also teased that there's a 6th franchise coming.

Fate seems like a natural fit, but Avatar would be weirder and funnier. I would buy it for Sparky Sparky Boom Man.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Just add Guilty Gear already.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I've been out of the fighting game loop for a year or so now (last game was DBFZ), but SamSho has really grabbed my attention. Kind of a bummers it's only Ps4 and Xbone at first. Do PS3 Madcatz sticks work on PS4's? I've been playing on PC for awhile now but I do have an old PS3 stick lying around. I'd like to pre order the game but I don't know if I want to spend the money on a ps4 stick.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    I keep coming back and saying "I'm so much better at the game now I bet I can do these" and no, I can't. I don't really have much faith that they're possible, since I know updates have been an issue with the tutorials in general.

You don't need to do the character tutorials to get the SK announcer, just the basic and advanced ones. I have him and have only done SK and Geras tutorials.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grove wrote: »
    I've been out of the fighting game loop for a year or so now (last game was DBFZ), but SamSho has really grabbed my attention. Kind of a bummers it's only Ps4 and Xbone at first. Do PS3 Madcatz sticks work on PS4's? I've been playing on PC for awhile now but I do have an old PS3 stick lying around. I'd like to pre order the game but I don't know if I want to spend the money on a ps4 stick.

They work on a per-game basis if the developers put in the coding to have them work.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

they work, but only if the devs use a universal tool. not all devs do

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-playstation-3-to-playstation-4-usb-adapter/

i bought a brooks converter for 360 - ps4 and love it, heres a ps3-ps4 one for 40 bones

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

they work, but only if the devs use a universal tool. not all devs do

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-playstation-3-to-playstation-4-usb-adapter/

i bought a brooks converter for 360 - ps4 and love it, heres a ps3-ps4 one for 40 bones

OH awesome! Thanks for the link.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

You don't need to do the character tutorials to get the SK announcer, just the basic and advanced ones. I have him and have only done SK and Geras tutorials.

Yeah I know, I can't do them. The pressure tutorials with Baraka and combo tutorials with Raiden are too difficult.

• Options

Yeah I know, I can't do them. The pressure tutorials with Baraka and combo tutorials with Raiden are too difficult.
    Ah. On PS4 / shareplay?

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Ah. On PS4 / shareplay?

I'm a PC chap! I thought about writing a macro to play it for me. I can actually do the Baraka string but not with tight enough timing for it to register as having passed the tutorial. The Raiden one I could probably do with enough practise but it's like... am I going to spend an hour practising this combo on a character I'll never play again.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

What is that move even for at this point?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
This discussion has been closed.