As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    Okay well I'm 100% all caught up now. The glamour gear they give you actually looks pretty good, but I wish the hood didn't also cover your face, and was actually just a hood.
    Good ending, but golly I sure hope I don't rescue the lightworld only to return and find that mine has been completely fucked!

I guess it's a good a way as any to change the dynamic all at once, though.

Ok I am not through all the stuff yet but because of final fantasy is the implication that
    We are in the darkworld?
    Nah, we're somewhere in the middle I think.

In an event named 'the Sundering' the original world was split into 13 different worlds. Think of all the worlds on a horizontal line, with the bookends on each end either being light, or darkness. Ours is relatively in balance, while the one closest to light, light is stronger, and equally so for darkness on the other pole. Each time there is a 'calamity' one of these worlds is destroyed, and the Ascians believe that once all worlds are destroyed, so 13 calamities, the 13 shards will be rejoined into one world, and Zodiark, their god, will be reborn.

The reason the Ascians are so interested in our world is that since Hydaelyn chose us as a Warrior of Light, we've been rocking the house and beating back darkness, and in so doing, have substantially thrown off the balance of our world, towards light. The Warriors of Darkness in Heavensward WERE the Warriors of Light, in their world, that was very close to the Light. So they did as they were bid, and pushed back the Darkness. They won. Only to find that 100% light and no dark is just as bad as 100% dark and no light. Supposedly we'll be somehow making our way to this world, but as Warriors of Darkness, so restore balance.

At least that's been my general understanding of the events so far. I haven't really sought out any of the supplemental lore through side stories or anything like that.

man I guess I skipped some cutscenes or something because I do not remember most of this.....thank you for the refresher

Roegadyn
    Aretè wrote: »
    I gotta say, I love it that we finally have some old school shamblers making their way into FFXIV. You all playing on Sarg?

I wish. I did when I rolled 2 expansions ago, but a few RL friends started playing and...refused to roll on Sarg and then convinced me to transfer to their server and it sucks and they never want to actually play so why did I spend the money again?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Aretè wrote: »
    I gotta say, I love it that we finally have some old school shamblers making their way into FFXIV. You all playing on Sarg?

I wish. I did when I rolled 2 expansions ago, but a few RL friends started playing and...refused to roll on Sarg and then convinced me to transfer to their server and it sucks and they never want to actually play so why did I spend the money again?

Is the free transfer window still open?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    nyet, the window ended may 7th

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    all of the statues of normal looking lions in the ala mhigo palace are weirding me out.

edit: like at a certain part you get used to Eorzea's weird fucked up animals and then it springs this on you.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    all of the statues of normal looking lions in the ala mhigo palace are weirding me out.

edit: like at a certain part you get used to Eorzea's weird fucked up animals and then it springs this on you.

liEt3nH.png
    Hyur

Go fetch the stick boy, fetch!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    But it is the stick

X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    Get in losers, were going shopping
    p8uu2k44xlq2.png

Larlar
    MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    My Apologies @Caedwyr, I didn't see your ping until a bit later, and by that time, I had raised my ilvl by splurging a bit and buying a shiny new weapon.

I got to the end of 4.1 patch, and boy, am I glad I picked Ul'dah as my "home" city. Sure, it's a hive of scum and villainy, but the dynamic between the Sultana and the Bull is sooooo darn cute.

Now, I'm off to the East, and I can't shake the feeling that Hancock is going to stab me in the back. He's been nothing but helpful, but his connections to Lolorito, his glasses, and his creepy smile really don't help with me trusting him.
    Also, Zenos is alive? I saw the bastard slit his damn neck! I would have done it myself....... Too many of " Actually, they survived" going on right now.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS!

“We have Titan-Egi at home.”

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Oh that account is definitely worth a look.

Fave

X22wmuF.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I finally finished up the main heavensward content last night! That last Primal fight was extremely cool.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    My Apologies Caedwyr, I didn't see your ping until a bit later, and by that time, I had raised my ilvl by splurging a bit and buying a shiny new weapon.

I got to the end of 4.1 patch, and boy, am I glad I picked Ul'dah as my "home" city. Sure, it's a hive of scum and villainy, but the dynamic between the Sultana and the Bull is sooooo darn cute.

Now, I'm off to the East, and I can't shake the feeling that Hancock is going to stab me in the back. He's been nothing but helpful, but his connections to Lolorito, his glasses, and his creepy smile really don't help with me trusting him.
    Also, Zenos is alive? I saw the bastard slit his damn neck! I would have done it myself....... Too many of " Actually, they survived" going on right now.

No worries, feel free to hit me up any time. I'm always happy to tag along and help people out.

Au Ra
    just learned that once you augment artifact gear it can no longer go in the armoire and i am livid

liEt3nH.png
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    just learned that once you augment artifact gear it can no longer go in the armoire and i am livid

Artifact gear can always be repurchased at the calamity salvager though or whatever anyway so it's no biggie.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    Au Ra
    I ONLY HAVE SO MANY SPOTS IN THE GLAMOUR DRESSER, MUGGINS

liEt3nH.png
    Larlar
    wait which artifact gear can you put into the armoire? the only stuff I've been able to put in it is the original ARR job sets that can't be upgraded, and even then only the lower level verison, not the all 50 second color version you get from the quest reward for finishing the ARR job story.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au Ra
    wait which artifact gear can you put into the armoire? the only stuff I've been able to put in it is the original ARR job sets that can't be upgraded, and even then only the lower level verison, not the all 50 second color version you get from the quest reward for finishing the ARR job story.

you can upgrade those

liEt3nH.png
    edited May 2019
    Larlar
    I thought you could upgrade the later version that you can't put in the armoire, but you couldn't upgrade the not-all-level-50 version that you can put in the armoire

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I thought you could upgrade the later version that you can't put in the armoire, but you couldn't upgrade the not-all-level-50 version that you can put in the armoire

The i90 stuff can't be upgraded. The augments for the 45/50 pieces are to make them dye-able, but the tradeoff is not being able to stuff them in the armoire.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Four weeks of leveling later, now I can sleep.

Roegadyn
    They really should let you put the various class sets and relic weapons in the armoire though. That seems like exactly what you'd use it for.

Or at least let me put the relics in the goddamn glam dresser!

X22wmuF.jpg
    Larlar
    it is a goddamn travesty you can't drift the car in any way
    Skeith wrote: »

The i90 stuff can't be upgraded. The augments for the 45/50 pieces are to make them dye-able, but the tradeoff is not being able to stuff them in the armoire.

ohhhhhhhh I assumed the augments were for the ilvl 90 pieces

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    I saw it on the internet, it must be true
    spoilers about DRK in those rumors and the DRK job quests
    I hope the DRK persona summon thing is true though, that's exactly what I wanted after I did the 30-60 DRK quests

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    One big thing is that it looks like all tanks will have a party wide DCD. Given that, expect to see raids expecting that tanks mitigate major AoE attacks.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    I have seen so many leaks over the past day.

Tomorrow afternoon needs to get here before I go nuts looking at all these.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Hyur

No fucking way that is real. Just no way.

edited May 2019
    Au Ra
    place yer bets folks place yer bets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZIej-ZraE

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    Hyur
    Some of it is believable - like fairies just being fully invincible instead of mostly but who knows which aoes can actually hurt them.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    turtleant wrote: »
    They really should let you put the various class sets and relic weapons in the armoire though. That seems like exactly what you'd use it for.

Or at least let me put the relics in the goddamn glam dresser!

They just need to bring in the Diablo 3 glamour system. Turn gear appearances into a collectathon and give me something else to do.

Roegadyn
    If thats true then I need to level Warrior or Dark Knight because Paladin changes are the most boring.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Au Ra
    The part of that document about warrior being 100k+ hp while paladin is higher at 110k+ hp is def the part that's giving me the most reason to side eye the entire thing.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    We'll know tomorrow. I'd advise avoiding any "leaks" until then. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment in one way or another.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
This discussion has been closed.