As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Did the "use rewards from Challenge Rift to make a level 70 weapon".

What's this?
    Noggin wrote: »
    For anyone else going necro- the challenge Rift buff provides a new option for leveling.

Now that it’s 35 DBs, you can afford to max blacksmith, craft and upgrade a lvl 70 2h scythe, and extract it into the cube. This is mostly just a necro thing, because all 4 2h scythes have a damage multiplier, but arguably a DH could try the same thing with a dagger.

You might even get an ancient, at which point you’d potentially be better off holding it for 70 or trying to roll reduced level requirement on it (pretty easy if one of the secondaries is crowd control, roll the other).

Self quote from last page and bolded for emphasis. Most classes will be better off just waiting until 70 to use their DBs.

For some reason this didn't dawn on me what you meant till today. Probably because I just ignored what you said since I knew I'd be grinding to 70 the old fashioned way with PA folk. Then eventually getting the 6 pieces for my set and grinding GR75s with just Karlie's and Holy Point Shot.

Or just ignored what you posted because there were too many words.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular

Anyway! Ya, this season is fun!

I'm enjoying the side goal of gathering up random ancients for other builds/classes, instead of just auto-salvage. Like I found an ancient ouroboros with cold% that I can use if I try LoN Frozen Orb Wiz.

More rewarding torments is great too, but I have to agree with HexDex that marquise/imperial gems seem a little sparse for some reason. We were barely finding any, then joined someone's T13 game and found plenty.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    T16 is honestly the promised land.

I find it far better to run bounties (you get 22 mats) and rifts on this level. You get so many legendaries it isn't even funny while grinding for rift stones. Every elite drops 3-4 deaths breath as well. It honestly makes the game fun again for me.

I also finally completed the Shadow Set Dungeon this weekend. For me it is probably the second, or close second, easiest DH dungeon. Marauder is the easiest. But I actually could practically walk through it. The secondary requirement was done 30% through the run. The primary requirement was done before I got 80% through the map. I just popped vengeance and murdered the rest. Think I finished it in half the time required as well. Oddly this was the last one I needed to finish all of the DH Set Dungeons even though it is my favorite build.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    nm

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    working on getting my jade harvester set with wd, i remember last time i played wd it was as a hardcore support pushing high end greater rifts with a 4 man

actually doing damage now feels weird

• Options
    NukeInBootsNukeInBoots Registered User regular
    Can someone add me to the PC clan? Account name is NukeInBoots2385

My HC Thornsader is farming T10 and working towards conquests for journey. If anyone needs a PL or boost in HC, hit me up.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Got a wizard power leveled. The allure of Vyrs is too strong; I think I might be pushing the wiz mostly today.

Luckily thanks to LoN buff, I was able to just use a mish mash of ancients I found on my Necro to make it "functional". Currently running a cold Ray of Frost build because that is what works best with the ancients I have lol

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Man thorn Crusader this season make things super easy. Only missing an Aquila Cuirass then I'll have all the pieces of the build and I did level 65 GR solo last night even without it.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    For you crusaders out there, if you're going LoN thorns bomb build, make sure your belt is the 8 second belt, not the 6 second. It may be tempting to have the 6 second one, but you want the 8 sec belt so you can sync it up with the CoE rotation.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    okay so Vyrs is ridiculously awesome with Chantodo now

really really good

• Options
    It's great, but I really feel that it is one of the most stat intensive builds out there for wiz and maybe the game atm.

To be great, it requires:
    High CHC to have enough mana to dump on Arcane torrent and not run out of mana.
    CHD, because every class should maintain a 1:10 ratio anyway.
    CDR like a boss, almost as much as some Akkhans sader builds I'd warrent.
    ATK speed to maximise chantodo.
    Area damage to maximise chantodo.

In there somewhere you need life and armor to help survive outside of archon.

Thank god that none of the items require % damage to skills. But the amulet and bracers could really use the cold damage % as well. Not a huge problem on the bracers, but amulet is another question.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Will anyone be running 1 hour campaigns this weekend? I just did my GR 45 run, and I was planning on Avarice for my third Conquest and that's alot of bounty grinding.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Avarice is actually easier now thanks to T16. Zero just did it with a UE DH and maxed Boon of the Hoarder in a regular rift. Not even an open map one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Can I ask a really dumb question that's been bugging me since I got this years ago?

So you know how you can hold alt to switch which ring you're wearing (left/right) is being compared to the one in inventory? Is there anyway of knowing wtf stats the follower is referring to since it highlights both rings but only shows one box?

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Avarice is actually easier now thanks to T16. Zero just did it with a UE DH and maxed Boon of the Hoarder in a regular rift. Not even an open map one.

I can only withstand T13 right now. I still don't have Spirit Bracers for my cube and my headpiece for aiming the light pillars. I can go as high as 14 but I have to take it slow.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BladeX wrote: »
    Can I ask a really dumb question that's been bugging me since I got this years ago?

So you know how you can hold alt to switch which ring you're wearing (left/right) is being compared to the one in inventory? Is there anyway of knowing wtf stats the follower is referring to since it highlights both rings but only shows one box?

I can't answer that, but I can say this about the followers, and it doesn't matter which one it is you use.

Cooldown reduction is king. The rest of their stats literally don't matter (maybe block rate for the templar). If you're ever stuck wondering which ring / amulet is better. Look at the orange text number, does this occulus ring have a better % than the other one? If yes, then roll CDR in to any of the other slots, vit is good, because you should be using the follower item that makes them immortal, so vit doesn't matter, and replace it with CDR. The more CDR they have the more they can cast spells.

It doesn't answer your question, but hopefully it provides... something?

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    BladeX wrote: »

I can't answer that, but I can say this about the followers, and it doesn't matter which one it is you use.

Cooldown reduction is king. The rest of their stats literally don't matter (maybe block rate for the templar). If you're ever stuck wondering which ring / amulet is better. Look at the orange text number, does this occulus ring have a better % than the other one? If yes, then roll CDR in to any of the other slots, vit is good, because you should be using the follower item that makes them immortal, so vit doesn't matter, and replace it with CDR. The more CDR they have the more they can cast spells.

It doesn't answer your question, but hopefully it provides... something?

It does help, I was focused too much on the other but cooldown reduction makes way more sense.

• Options
    Thanks to Bets, Zero, Hex, Steve, Noggin, and Al for helping me today. I've ended up with every piece of my build now except Focus ring. I kept getting Restraints and Litany rings.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Made a wizard last night and got a PL from a name I didn’t recognize, but thanks.

Now I gotta learn to play wiz cause I’ve never really done it.

• Options
    Ok after wanting to murder someone for about an hour I got Avarice done. I still need 1 Hour campaign and 3 gems to 70 which means I need to run GR 80's. I can only go as high as around GR 14 so doing it solo is a problem.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I've been getting gold streaks above 100mil almost every rift with LoN frozen orb 8-)

• Options
    After being a bit lucky and rerolling some stats I can do GR 78's solo and got my gems done. 1 hour campaign is all I have left.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
  • Options
    forty wrote: »

That's what I'm using. It's more gear dependent than the last few classes I played, but once you have the legendaries to go with the set you can oribtal strike groups.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I just completed Chapter 3 so I've got a long way to go.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I just need to farm some rifts to finish chapter 4 and the work on a proper build. Last step is to upgrade a rare item.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Definitely can't solo the campaign in an hour. If you guys go fora group attempt let me know.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The speedrun conquest is the hardest one out of the lot, even D3 streamers have a rough time with it. You're much much better off getting a second char leveled and just complete the six set conquest.

I can level up an additional char if you want later this evening.

• Options
    Oh if that's the case.....Maybe I can follow Bets or Noggin or Al around like lost puppy. I'll finish the campaign on my Monk and then start something else....probably a DH.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Yuck, what a horrible set of conquests. I will not be getting wings this season. I hope I can even manage the stash slot...

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Yuck, what a horrible set of conquests. I will not be getting wings this season. I hope I can even manage the stash slot...

I thought that too until I got into the season and realized they're not that bad. Avarice you can get by opening 7x 5-act sets of T16 bounty caches at once, this season's bonus(permanent LoN) means you can toss a bunch of ancients on(literally any) and faceroll down the greater rift. The last one you're best just to get a second char leveled and do 4+2 or 3+3 set completions across them.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

I thought that too until I got into the season and realized they're not that bad. Avarice you can get by opening 7x 5-act sets of T16 bounty caches at once, this season's bonus(permanent LoN) means you can toss a bunch of ancients on(literally any) and faceroll down the greater rift. The last one you're best just to get a second char leveled and do 4+2 or 3+3 set completions across them.
    This is far more time than I will devote to a season.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I’m starting to agree with those saying LoN needs to become base functionality, or maybe even a single ring slot or something, because this is the most fun I’ve had with a season in a long while.

Instead of beelining the chapters, I’m looking at ways to keep playing.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options

Ironically that's probably the least amount of time they've ever demanded you put into completing a season.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I got a decent ancient Skorn I should drop an Gem of Ease in to level other dudes with.

Edit: ancient, that is.

Feldorn on
  • Options

Ironically that's probably the least amount of time they've ever demanded you put into completing a season.
    The other seasons I've played I've only had to gear up one character and only worry about getting one build in good shape.

• Options
    Ok got my 4 sets on the Monk Done. Just got to rely on the kindness of our resident Demon Hunter pair who actually know what they're doing (Bets and zero). I -think- they run multishot builds but I could be wrong.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeek wrote: »
    Ok got my 4 sets on the Monk Done. Just got to rely on the kindness of our resident Demon Hunter pair who actually know what they're doing (Bets and zero). I -think- they run multishot builds but I could be wrong.

I run Multishot (UE) and Impale (Shadow).
    Zero runs a bunch, but Multishot and N6M4 (Nats/Marauder) are the top two.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

Does this mean 35 caches?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Does this mean 35 caches?

Yes. The math according to posts I've read say technically 31 is enough but if you're doing bounty pub games you're probably ending up with 35 anyway, which is more than a safe buffer.

This discussion has been closed.