As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    wildstrike my sweet friend

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    sounds legit as hell so far

obF2Wuw.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    how is it that ggg can release some hype-ass shit but sound like ben stein describing a particularly wet fart

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Oh my stars, this sounds rad.

Right, time to pick a starter

Fuck.

I'm torn between dominating blow and charged dash and new chaos bullshit and scorpion pokemon master and I haven't seen how the melee stuff even works yeeeeet.

I can be strong.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Chain strike Cyclone Scion?

Depends on how the Rage mechanic works.

Chain strike Rage Zerker in some form or fashion will probably he where I start

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I guess we will see how it goes. I was pretty hyped for Synthesis too. The melee changes will most likely carry this league though as I prefer Melee.

Jubal77 on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    *smiles in melee serker*

J3qcnBP.png
    WE DARK SOULS NOW

J3qcnBP.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    So all melee has implicit splash? Please tell me melee minions will too.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Wonder how good/bad/same EH will be next league. I keep telling myself I should try it out since it's so OP, right?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    EH even nerfed is still top tier. Its just not uber ridiculous trivialize everything top tier. It was fun when people abandoned it because it made equipping my post nerf character so much easier.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Rage/Slayer Scion Cyclone?

Mmmm yess.

BATTLE of FIVE ARMIES

WE HOBBIT NOW BOYS

J3qcnBP.png
    edited May 2019
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Wonder how good/bad/same EH will be next league. I keep telling myself I should try it out since it's so OP, right?

I doubt bow EH will see any changes
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    EH even nerfed is still top tier. Its just not uber ridiculous trivialize everything top tier. It was fun when people abandoned it because it made equipping my post nerf character so much easier.

ehhhhhh i farmed t15s and t16s elder/shaper ping pong on a porcupine bow and a kaoms heart

probably less than 6 ex

and then bought a HH 2 weeks in

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    Its going to be fun to see what Kaoms heart is going to cost this next league. I bought one for well under 100c in Synthesis.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Instant cast flame dash is going to be nice. So many deaths during the cast animation.

The responsiveness of the new dash looks good, I hope that translates to consoles.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Cyclone being a channeled spell that also has mobility is super tempting

I wonder if Lightning Warp is going to lose it's initial delay

edited May 2019
    I still kind of wish they didnt go CwC with Cyclone for balancing but eh. I play for the light show as well.

Jubal77 on
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Its going to be fun to see what Kaoms heart is going to cost this next league. I bought one for well under 100c in Synthesis.

Yeah, its still the best chest piece

it depends on how viable 2hs are. if theyre super competitive you will run kaoms and your 6 link in weapon

omg this is gonna be so amazing!

J3qcnBP.png
    also, my div card got approved!

ill wait to see if it makes it to 3.7 before revealing my flavor and art!

hopefully it did!!!! (cuz its a melee one)

J3qcnBP.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Incubators seem fun but I'm worried they're going to make them way more rare than they need too since they're essentially free uniques.

Carpy wrote: »
    Incubators seem fun but I'm worried they're going to make them way more rare than they need too since they're essentially free uniques.

Im a map grinder so incubators just seems to be more deterministic ways to farm to fund my builds

Kill 100 burials worth of maps, no doctor but incubated 75c worth of free currency

Seems like it was made to make me happy

J3qcnBP.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So it sounds like they are going to finally fix my biggest issue with this game, and the primary reason I never got in to it: No animation canceling, making melee feel super clunky. I'm kind of excited to see how this plays post the 7th.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Crazy that all their leagues have been like this:

Announce

Slowly reveal all the goodies until release day

Patch notes just before launch (Day or two?)

And people are bitching because they "didn't do anything with skills or weapons."

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Isn't this season specifically dealing with like skills and to an extent weapons with how melee works now?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    Isn't this season specifically dealing with like skills and to an extent weapons with how melee works now?

Yes

But some people are just really big shitheads

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bruhlu/the_vaal_legion_jewel_can_also_corrupt_keystones/
    Halved life Regen
    Halved max total recovery/second from leeching
    ES recharge applies to life

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bruhlu/the_vaal_legion_jewel_can_also_corrupt_keystones/
    Halved life Regen

How the what? This sounds broken?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Eternal Youth + Occultist + Devouring Diadem = Utterly goddamn unkillable?

Absalon on
    800 chaos worth of Jun prophecies later, and I have a new addition to the wall! 11 days and 16 hours playtime; level 99 58%.
    Suu97cC.jpg?1
    Brody wrote: »
    Halved life Regen

Blood Rage and RF would prevent recharge even before you account for the downsides, so it looks like a caster option if they don't want to go leech based.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    would Eternal Youth work with Soul Tether and Wicked Ward, so that you could force your ES to recharge with it even going something like Low Life and using a Blood Magic skill to force recharge to start? basically keep "life recharge" going with a large ES pool thereby forcing ES recharge even if you wouldn't normally get it

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Brody wrote: »
    Halved life Regen

You can't get nearly as much Life as ES (so your amount of life recharged per second will be much less), and it's probably a pain to stack them both together (especially if you go Occultist for uninterrupted recharge), so I don't think this is too much of a problem

Nah Soul Tether explicitly says "You cannot Recharge Energy Shield".

It says you can't recharge, but it doesn't say your ES recharge is zero. So it might work with life? vOv

Yes, but he was asking if there was a way to use Soul Tether to get both life and es recharge.

wow i just watched the full jonathan video

this is actually insane

full hitbox/hurt boxes

full animation rebalancing

huge QoL for namelocking

like melee is actually going to feel amazing

J3qcnBP.png
    ES Recharge Applies to life would make MoM occultists fucking unstoppable.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'm just excited to never see Cavas again. I died at 84 in the event league and called it quits until Legion. I don't mind dying but in the last 3 leagues HC, I never lived long enough to kill Shaper or even die to Shaper. I figure I'm going to go SC for Legion and go boss crazy.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    :D welcome to the SC lovers club

where the RNG is your only gate

J3qcnBP.png