As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Doctor Who] New Series Starts May 11th

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    For all the shit the youtube algorithm gets, recommending me the Tom Baker episode of that was god tier.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    a
    evilbob wrote: »
    For all the shit the youtube algorithm gets, recommending me the Tom Baker episode of that was god tier.

Would you say it made your titties tingle?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I still find it funny that the script was sticking out of McCoy's coat pocket in Remembrance of the Daleks.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I still find it funny that the script was sticking out of McCoy's coat pocket in Remembrance of the Daleks.

So that's the inspiration for Blink!

sig.gif
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I always liked the almost self reference in Remembrance of the Daleks with it lingering on a television after a scene with the announcer talking about their new science fiction series and then cutting away before the name.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    A production error I'd not noticed until it was pointed out to me, despite being glaringly obvious now, is at the end of An Adventure In Space And Time, when Hartnell looks up to see Smith standing there.

For one of the shots, Smith is standing in front of the console. Because he's not actually on set, he got green screened in and they forgot to mask the console out to put it in front of him.

https://youtu.be/6Zz2vc5ia98

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I love that scene. The whole film left me in bits.

• Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    It's his "I don't want to go" that gets me. The Tennant version doesn't move me, but that bit? Severe emotions were felt.

• Options
    I liked the Tennant's regeneration and him visiting past companions.

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I liked the Tennant's regeneration and him visiting past companions.

I didn't mind the concept, but the execution for me went WAY TOO LONG and felt almost soap opera-esque in parts.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    He also visited everyone. The show just stopped with the RTD era. But there's a scene in that Sarah Jane show when he had a cameo, and he's talking to her and Jo and mentions it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I can't find that one, but here is another.
    https://youtu.be/7eX6YZCKRoA

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    David Tennant has a podcast now where he interviews other celebrities. One of the episodes is a lovely conversation between him and Jodie Whittaker.
    The Olivia Colman episode is very good too. :)

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    David Tennant has a podcast now where he interviews other celebrities. One of the episodes is a lovely conversation between him and Jodie Whittaker.
    The Olivia Colman episode is very good too. :)

I'm very impressed with his interviewing skills. Are uh....are there things that David Tennant is bad at?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Really, it seems like allot of the good Doctor Who stuff in the audio dramas.

• Options
    I like how the show dealt with old age with the Capaldi Doctor.

https://youtu.be/GfjLXdA4hk4

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Spoilers for "The Doctor Falls". Great moment.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Spoilers for The Day of the Doctor
    Great scene.

• Options
    Big Finish keeps on having stories with multiple masters. They are going to do one with the Doctor 8.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    is it Graham?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I was all about the rhino people. and the cat people

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I was all about the rhino people. and the cat people

Don't forget the lizard people!

I want more Vastra! More Jenny! MORE STRAX!

Strax is awesome.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    So now they're cribbing from their kids flipbook line,
    Doctor Who
    Goes to
    a Petting Zoo.

The rhinos are the Shadow Proclamation guards, right?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    So now they're cribbing from their kids flipbook line,
    Doctor Who
    Goes to
    a Petting Zoo.

The rhinos are the Shadow Proclamation guards, right?

I'd say they're closer to the Shadow Proclamation Police, but yes.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Cool. Wonder what the Doctor has done to get their attention.

Probably when she kicked time sand on that face in episode 2.

• Options
    I assume that the Rhino actor's head is at the base of the skull of the rhino costume, and I wonder how that person breathes.

• Options
    Repost from the other Doctor Who thread:

I finally finished my knitted Dalek project! The unborn baby I started knitting it for is now 2.
    jc7l9ycmkuc1.jpeg

• Options
    I am missing this Doctor. Hopefully, we get a speech like this out of the new one.
    https://youtu.be/GoVLhUxhdSw

• Options
    I like each Doctor having their own temperament and way of dealing with conflict.
    I don’t feel like watching the same thing over and over again.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    that video is definitely missing a little something

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I like each Doctor having their own temperament and way of dealing with conflict.

Every Doctor has their own distinct temperament though.

10 would loudly bitch you out if you crossed the line. Or would go deathly calm and silent if you completely obliterated the line in the process.

11 would be pissed off, but also catch himself and quite clearly hold himself back.

12 had the fuckin' eyebrows, man.

I don't need nor want Angry God Doctor 24 hours a day. Just... 2 minutes of that day, that's all. Don't overuse it or you kill the whole character. But without it the Doctor is just your run of the mill eccentric wacky person. Which I'm worried might be almost played out now.

I dunno. Pissed off, eye twitching, "2 seconds away from snapping but never does because he/she is fundamentally a good person" Doctor is one of my favourite moments precisely because every Doctor has done it differently.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I can't see the vids above from work, but, my favorite angry line from any of the Doctors still goes to Eccleston when he's chewing out the Dahlek. He's referencing the Dahlek fleet being destroyed in the Time war and he goes something like -

"I saw it happen! I MADE it happen!"

How he delivered it was fantastic.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options

10 would loudly bitch you out if you crossed the line. Or would go deathly calm and silent if you completely obliterated the line in the process.

11 would be pissed off, but also catch himself and quite clearly hold himself back.

I don't need nor want Angry God Doctor 24 hours a day. Just... 2 minutes of that day, that's all. Don't overuse it or you kill the whole character. But without it the Doctor is just your run of the mill eccentric wacky person. Which I'm worried might be almost played out now.

I dunno. Pissed off, eye twitching, "2 seconds away from snapping but never does because he/she is fundamentally a good person" Doctor is one of my favourite moments precisely because every Doctor has done it differently.

Was the 5th Doctor just your run of the mill eccentric whacky person? The 2nd?
    Not every Doctor does the angry god thing ( which is actually quite new for the character), nor do I want them to.
    Saying that the only thing making the Doctor a unique character is intense expressions of powerful anger is a very simplistic and inaccurate take.
    I would argue more for a sense of mischief and wide eyed wonder at the universe being a core defining Doctor trait (which is more or less prominent with different Doctors).

• Options
    The fifth doctor has a good speech in Earthshock. More of a passionate one.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular

Was the 5th Doctor just your run of the mill eccentric whacky person? The 2nd?
    Not every Doctor does the angry god thing ( which is actually quite new for the character), nor do I want them to.
    Saying that the only thing making the Doctor a unique character is intense expressions of powerful anger is a very simplistic and inaccurate take.
    I would argue more for a sense of mischief and wide eyed wonder at the universe being a core defining Doctor trait (which is more or less prominent with different Doctors).

When you start with 10 it's a given you are focused on New Who. Which I think is fair to treat as distinct from Classic Who, as New Who introduced and maintained many elements that are nearly alien to the old show, and people set their expectations accordingly.

I mean back in the day, hardly any companions "developed" or had much of a "relationship" with the Doctor, let alone massive displays of sexual tension. But that soap opera shit is just a given now.

Now get your damned police box off my lawn!