As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] Episode IX: The Rise of the Speculation

1919293949597»

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    In his first renegade move, JJ will replace the John Williams opening score with Beastie Boys' Intergalactic. :P

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    In his first renegade move, JJ will replace the John Williams opening score with Beastie Boys' Intergalactic. :P
    It's been done, and it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TPY4TKo6uQ

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    That's pretty cute!

• Options
    ThatSwedishGuyThatSwedishGuy SwedenRegistered User regular
    #MakeSolo2Happen is trending on Twitter (in some areas of the world) right now. Apparently we now like Solo? I mean, I always did but, man, sometimes I wish the fans just made up their collective minds for once.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    No, Solo still sucks

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Solo 2: Duo

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The only reason I want a sequel is to get a continuation of the greater story they teased at the end of Solo

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Ok. But can we do it without Han Solo, please?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Maybe in the sequel to Solo, Han could get hired to take a pair of unlikely passengers and their two droids on a trip, only to get caught up in a galactic conflict and ultimately decide to become a hero

Just spitballin here

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Ok. But can we do it without Han Solo, please?

Fine by me. Han Solo is one of my least favorite characters from the OT

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »
    Maybe in the sequel to Solo, Han could get hired to take a pair of unlikely passengers and their two droids on a trip, only to get caught up in a galactic conflict and ultimately decide to become a hero

Just spitballin here

With TFA already out there, isn’t one rehash of Star Wars enough?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Knights of the Old Republic movie in the works: https://www.slashfilm.com/knights-of-the-old-republic-movie/

Being written by Laeta Kalogridis (Alita: Battle Angel, Terminator Genisys, Shutter Island). Apparently, Benioff and Weiss of the Game of Throne infamy are not working on this movie, their trilogy will be something else entirely. Then again, they could be just directing instead of writing, so who even knows. Ah, the script quality of Genisys combined with the directorial acumen of Benioff and Weiss, one can only dream.

reVerse on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    It’ll be like the red wedding - people who played the game will sit there looking smug while people who haven’t get to yell ‘WHAT THE FUCK’ at the screen.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    FrankiedarlingFrankiedarling Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Knights of the Old Republic movie in the works: https://www.slashfilm.com/knights-of-the-old-republic-movie/

Being written by Laeta Kalogridis (Alita: Battle Angel, Terminator Genisys, Shutter Island). Apparently, Benioff and Weiss of the Game of Throne infamy are not working on this movie, their trilogy will be something else entirely. Then again, they could be just directing instead of writing, so who even knows. Ah, the script quality of Genisys combined with the directorial acumen of Benioff and Weiss, one can only dream.

Whoa whoa whoa like KOTOR 1 Revan/Carth/Bastilla? Tell me it’s true!

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular

What exactly is wrong with their directing?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Its bad

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular

Its bad

Solid....I'm gonna say, analysis?

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Solid....I'm gonna say, analysis?

I nominate this for next thread title.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I know their writing is bad, and directors get too much credit (depending on the director, weird how TV and films are flipped) so hopefully they're either better directors or don't do much else if not.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

This may be a bit presumptuous, but I hope his movie gets a sequel.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Today I learned that some expanded material before the Prequels involve Maxi-Chlorians.

Hmm.

I remember reading a, Rogue squadron I think, book where during the rebuilding of Coruscant Wedge finds a scanner that measures midi-chlorians and displays them as a bright blue outline around a hologram. Vader was supposed to have used it during the purge. I don't remember any more of then plot but I swear it predated the prequels.

Sorry, should clarify the material was set before the prequels but was written after they came out.

Ok hold up, because you absolutely need to read the story that has them. It's a short read and it's all online. Its so fucked

https://lingualeo.com/pt/jungle/star-wars-insider-n-130-the-tenebrous-way-by-matthew-stover-292663#/page/1

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Today I learned that some expanded material before the Prequels involve Maxi-Chlorians.

Hmm.

I remember reading a, Rogue squadron I think, book where during the rebuilding of Coruscant Wedge finds a scanner that measures midi-chlorians and displays them as a bright blue outline around a hologram. Vader was supposed to have used it during the purge. I don't remember any more of then plot but I swear it predated the prequels.

Bite your tongue, sir!

That’s Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Academy trilogy.

The Rogue Squadron-esque book was I, Jedi, which was an attempt to fix all the stuff in the Academy trilogy that was terrible.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Probably my favorite of all the SW books was Starfighters of Adumar, from the Rogue Squadron series.

It had absolutely zero Jedi, loads of Rogue Squadron fucking around (up to and including actual skulking in actual cloaks, in a society so overdramatic that they actually bump into another random stranger in a cloak out on his own unrelated skulking mission), a legitimate reason for pulling Empire forces into the conflict, and lots of stuff about flying starfighters.

The emphasis being that Rogue Squadron was the best for not getting bogged down in humorless Jedi stuff. Or midichlorian nonsense.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's been done, and it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TPY4TKo6uQ

Ok but that's Sabotage

And as established in the forum battles of yore Sabotage is cheating

I'm halfway convinced you could cut a rocking trailer to Schindler's List as long as you used Sabotage.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I’m prepping the next Star Wars thread. Send me what you want to have in the OP (and I’ll be grabbing any recent videos).

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »

Just spitballin here

Nah. I say they do a sequel where we see
    We see him buying a helmet with a blast shield and the shop owner throwing in an old Jedi training droid as part of the haggle.
    Solo smuggling some cargo and looking at the compartments in the falcon and saying "No way am I ever getting in there"
    Him going to Ord Mandell and walking past a bounty hunter.
    Him buying a chess program for the Falcon.
    The in-depth discussion on where to go for drinks, deciding on a cantina on Tattoine.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.