As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

DarmakDarmak RAGEvympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
edited December 2019 in Games and Technology
warframe_logo_by_jackshepardn7-d681vst.png
PLEASE STATE WHAT SYSTEM YOU'RE PLAYING ON WHEN ASKING FOR AN INVITE TO THE PA CLANS
I still need help with the console information so chime in if something needs to be fixed or added <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uMDdzv408
We've all fucked off to Discord! https://discord.gg/Cp8Y4Dv

What is Warframe?
Warframe is a free to play, 3rd person co-op shooter, developed by Digital Extremes on the Evolution Engine and is available for for PC, XBOne, PS4, and Switch. In Warframe you play as a member of the Tenno, a group of highly skilled space ninjas armed with everything from swords and guns to magic like powers. The Tenno run an assortment of missions throughout the solar system that range from simple extermination missions to having to capture high value targets. You can play all of the missions alone, with your buddies, or with completely random pickup groups and they can be approached however you want. Whether you want to try and sneak through with stealth weaponry or just start setting the entire place on fire with your flamethrower Warframe has something for everyone’s play style!
Warframe is also big on customization. Both your weapons and your frames can be altered to have different properties by using the mods that you get from running missions. Want your bow to melt targets via corrosive damage? Shoot exploding arrows? Just straight up launch targets across the room and pin them to the first wall they hit? Yup! You can do that! Also, you can customize how your frame works via a wide pallet of colours and attachments so welcome to your new Fashion Frame obsession.

Warframe had plans for cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC but due to Sony being kind of a shitboot about crossplay that's not going to happen. Also, due to the certification process needed for console patches the PC version of the game tends to be ahead in terms of version number.
TLDR: This is the game Destiny, Anthem, etc wishes it was.
ZUYcY0R.jpg
The quick start guide for space ninjas that just want to go slit some throats right fucking now.
A Youtuber named iFlynn put together an excellent beginner's guide series of videos that will take you step by step through the game. All the way from the introduction to being a well geared ass whooper obsessing over how best to make your frame look cool. I highly recommend giving it a watch! If you just want to jump into the action then here's the quick rundown. There's also DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook if you want something text based that will get you caught up on the game's systems and where to go and what to do.
1.) Get Warframe installed via the official downloader from the Warframe website, Steam, the PS Store, or via Xbox One.
1a.) For PS4 users: When you download Warframe you also download a patch automatically. After booting the title with the patch, then you download an update in-game (about 250MB) before you start to play.
1b.) PS Plus users can download a free Starter Pack (you can find this separately int PlayStation Store) which includes 100 Platinum, 50,000 credits, a few free Mods (Falcon Mod pack), and 3 day Affinity/Credit booster.
2.) Create an account
3.) After logging in with your minty fresh account you will play through a short tutorial and will need to select a starter frame. They break down as follows:
Excalibur – Excalibur is easily the best pick for new players. He's easy to start with and understand, takes but stays relevant throughout the entire game. Also his #4 power lets you throw energy blades around the level like a cracked out Master Sword wielding full health Link.
Volt - An electricity based frame that can be super fun once you've got some mods slapped in him. His #2 accelerates you to damn near warp drive speeds and he has a good array of powers, but he is a little squishy so he's a little harder to start with. He's easy to acquire as you go through the game but can be fun if you're looking for a more challening start.
Mag - She's alright and has some fun powers, but can be fiddly to play and is easily acquired later on as you go through the solar system making her kind of a bad starter choice. You're better off picking her up after you have some idea of how to mod your frames and have the mods to do it.
4.) For your melee weapon the Skana is recommended as you have to build it if you don't pick it while the MK1-Bo can just be straight up purchased for credits or acquired for free via a quest.
5.) For your secondary pick whatever looks the coolest to you. They're all pretty alright.
6.) Finally, for your primary the Paris and the Braton are both equally solid starters. The Paris has a bit of a charge up time before it can fire due to needing to draw the bow first, but pierces through enemies (and nails them to walls!) while the Braton is your standard assault rifle that gets the job done.
7.) Off you go to Mercury! Start clearing missions and having fun!
pTq3bRb.jpg
The Space Knights of Arcadia – The official Penny Arcade PC clan!
The Space Knights Prime Trading Doc! A great list of who has what in the clan available for trading.
Joining a clan in Warframe grants access to the clan dojo. This is a user built base that functions as a physical hangout complete with dick around rooms like an obstacle course to practice your ninja flips in, a dueling room, and much more pertinent facilities like the research labs. Of everything you can build in the dojo the research labs are the most important. They unlock a huge array of weapons and Sentinels that are unavailable through normal means and require a communal effort via resource donation to acquire the blueprints for new weapons and items.
The Space Knights of Arcadia already have the majority of research complete (mostly because the old regulars for this game are insane) so joining up will grant you instantaneous access to all of these features! Joining is as simple as letting us know what your in-game name is in the thread, what system you’re playing on, and one of the veterans will grant you access.

Queens of Space – The official Penny Arcade PS4 clan!
For an invite to the shiny new PS4 PA clan, PM @furlion with your PSN/Warframe name. QoS has its dojo up and running so get out there and start researching more dakka! Note: Clan invites must be manually accepted/denied (options button on the main screen).

Pax Arcadia - The official Penny Arcade Switch Clan!

EkK72Ve.jpg
The big list of shit this game doesn’t tell you about.
Ok, it’s not really all that bigHAHA JUST KIDDING. There's a fair amount of information this game doesn't tell you about and trying to explain it all would involve writing an entire wiki but thankfully one of those already exists and is going to be your best friend as you play. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki I'm going to try and keep this section succinct because there are a lot of systems in this game and you're better off learning them as you go instead of feeling overwhelmed from the start. Be sure to ask any questions you have in this thread or in game.
Damage 2.0: Everything you need to know about how dealing damage works in Warframe. There's a lot of nice to know but not need to know info here so just skim it for the important bits. Namely, what the status procs do, how the status mods interact, and how crits work. Ignore the chart for what element does the most to each enemy type because it's honestly irrelevant, you'll figure out the damage meta later on and it's way more simple than it looks. It's just not anything you need to concern yourself with when starting out.
Parkour 2.0: How to do all the cool flips, dodges, and general flying around you can do in Warframe.
Mods: How mods in Warframe work.
The Plains of Eidolon: Once you start messing around in the Plains of Eidolon, PC Gamer has a pretty decent guide as to wtf is going on there.
Eidolon Hunting Guide: And once you decide to start hunting Eidolons, a Redditor put together a pretty handy guide to help new players figure that out.
Grouping: Grouping itself is pretty straight forward but what's not mentioned about it is that you can invite someone to your session and they will be able to run missions you have unlocked but they don't. After the mission is completed that player will then have that mission unlocked and will then be able to start doing all the surrounding missions.
Archwing: Archwing is a game mode that lets you strap a jetpack to your ass and fly around in space blowing shit up and is accessible later on in the game via a quest.Here's a handy guide Darmak found on Reddit with a shitload of information for those of you that want to know more! TOGSOLID'S SUPER IMPORTANT PROTIP: Go to your options and turn Experimental Flight on. Don't argue. Just do it. It's SO much better and for some reason isn't the default movement option. Without it you're gonna end up bouncing off terrain like a pinball.

Blain put together a list of what major things were added and changed as of 2017, which is awesome and also really helpful if anyone is a returning player and wants to know some of what's changed since they last played.
89a.jpg
Links to great resources and Youtube channels
Semlar's: Has a Riven value calculator and other handy tools including ones for building kit guns, zaws, and amps. The Riven Mafia haaaates this website.
DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook: A massive text guide to Warframe that functions like a massive manual and has a quick start guide that functions like the text version of a video new player's guide. An absolute must bookmark resource.
Warframe Hub: If it's on a timer then this website tracks it for you and tells you when it's going to expire. Alerts, day/night cycles, cold/warm cycles, etc. This is a really awesome one stop shop for tracking everything going on in game while you're playing.
The Official Warframe Drop Table: DE has made the drop tables for everything in the game public! The Warframe Wiki has provided a table of contents to the raw data to make it a hair easier to dig through.
iFlynn: A dedicated Warframe channel with tons of useful guides, gear/frame reviews, and build videos. One of the best resources around for straight information about the game.
LeyzarGamingViews: An absolute gold mine for build guides geared towards new players. Leyzar breaks down the builds and explains why he picks every single mod and explains things at a beginner's level so you can learn the ins and outs of modding in Warframe.
Tactical Potato: Another dedicated, excellent Warframe channel. Guides, build videos, all that fun stuff starring an entertaining Irish bloke. He tends to focus more on day to day updates and discussions on what's going on in the game.
Brozime: A Warframe channel specifically focused on weapon and frame reviews and builds.
StallordD: This channel is dedicated to compiling the lore in Warframe into a single source. This is an absolutely fantastic resource for players both new, who need to catch up on everything, and veteran, who may need a refresher from time to time.
Joey Flynn: Discussions about random Warframe topics. Hosts the Weekly Warframe Show. A well produced Warframe variety show with news, tips, skits, weapon discussions and just all sorts of stuff.
Cephalon Shy: Bite sized, hilarious videos starring a sociopathic robot artist who hates everyone and everything. You won't learn anything here. I just really like this channel.
The Official Warframe Channel: Community interaction is part of what helped make Warframe what it is today. This channel features archives of all their dev streams where they discuss upcoming features, things being looked at, bug fixes, and so on and Prime Time. A show where DE_Rebecca and DE_Megan goof off and give out freebies to the audience.
The Official Warframe Twitch Channel: Where DE hosts their weekly Prime Time shows and Devstreams. Watching them live gives you a chance to win freebies like Plat and items!
My Warframe Music Playlist: I've been slowly putting together a playlist of songs about Warframe on my Youtube channel. If you want some fun stuff to listen to while playing this is for you!
The Official Warframe Soundcloud: Digital Extremes runs occasional music contests called Tenno Tunes. The best of their submissions get uploaded into official Tenno Tunes playlists on the DE soundcloud! Also contains some random audio clips, including Ordis speaking German and talking about Oktoberfest for some reason.
Relic Explorer for Warframe: Want to know what relics have what and where to go farm them? This website is an amazingly handy tool for finding all of that out.
A User Created Map of Fortuna's Fishing and Mining: Created by Redditor u/Pekeponzer, this map has every cave marked and whether they contain good mining and fishing spots inside.
A User Created Map of Where to Get Toroids: Created by Redditor u/Linkapedia. It's pretty much what it says on the tin.
warframe.jpg
Is there a way to track alerts out of game?
Yes there is! Internet denizen King Taro put together a website based alert tracker: http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ This tracker will play a sound whenever a new alert goes up and it has the option to filter cash alerts out entirely. There is also a Twitter account, Android app, and Apple app. Warframe Nexus is pretty damn slick but don't log into it while you're logged into the game because Warframe will think you're logging in from a different device and log you out of the game.

Wait, where’s the technical support section!?
We've never really needed one tbh. It sounds like the PS4 version might have some peculiarities to it but that is way out of the realm of things I know anything about. As mentioned at the start of this I will need help getting something for the PS4 players together if needed. As far as the PC side of things go this game is actually really damn stable thanks to Digital Extreme’s using their own proprietary engine. Any oddities you run into are 99.999999999% of the time due to a bug we can’t do anything about on the client side of things but DE is very fast about fixing those. If you are having technical issues do not hesitate to ask for help in the thread and if they ever do come up I will be sure to start listing them here and create a proper tech help section. Be sure to submit a ticket at https://support.warframe.com if you are having issues.

What is the Design Council?
For a long time Warframe was offering starter packs. The Master and Grand Master packs, however, came with access to what is known as the Design Council. This group of players act essentially as a player based focus group for Digital Extremes to bounce upcoming features off of via the hidden Design Council sub forum. For instance, Valkyr was originally presented to us as the Berserker with a very different power list than what she has now. The original concept art they showed us for her also had her a fair bit lither than what she is now. What originally started out as a request from the devs for a third power idea for her ended up as a 60 page discussion about how all four of her powers weren’t very good and how they could be improved. The result is the Valkyr we have now which is proving to be a ton of fun. Occasionally the devs will also give the Council a chance to design a frame or Sentinel that will then get put into the game (Nova and Carrier both came from these sort of sessions). The Design Council also has a dedicated in game chat room but it’s not all that different from the standard global chat though it does tend to be a fair bit more sane due to the aforementioned requirement of having purchased either the Master or Grandmaster packs so everyone there is usually on the “adults with lives” side of the demographic.

The devs do read the regular forums and interact with the community there (they even hang out in the game’s global chat regularly) so don’t think your opinion doesn’t matter just because you aren’t in the Council! Warframe is a very community oriented game and the level of attention everyone gets from DE is one of the things that makes this game as great as it is.
0minq8b.jpg

OP by TOGSolid, stolen by Darmak

JtgVX0H.png
Darmak on

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Coming soon: Fortnite dances for plat.

steam_sig.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    So a couple of my old friends just started playing this! They're Volt and Trinity Prime (latter gotten bc she's a Twitch subscriber and the type to just click on whatever promotions pop up).

I want to starchart with 'em to help out, but I don't want to overwhelm them or like... make it so they don't learn things because I swooped in and murderized everything. Any suggestions on what Warframe to bring? I was thinking like... I can bring whatever 'frames and guns I'm leveling, but if I'm not doing that, maybe Octavia or Titania? I find Nekros terribly boring, but the combo of "steal enemies for enemy buffs" + "LOOT LOOT LOOT" might be nice for 'em, plus I haven't put a lot of stuff into him so he's not too overwhelmingly powerful (unlike my Khora, who at this point trivializes a lot of things). Maybe Revenant or Nyx for "got ur brainz" on enemies? I basically want to fill a support/cheerleading role for them, but a different one from what Trinity does. (Ugh, Nekros is probably the best in that case, because Loots).

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The suggestion I usually see is a Rhino built around Roar because then they get to kill things.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    So a couple of my old friends just started playing this! They're Volt and Trinity Prime (latter gotten bc she's a Twitch subscriber and the type to just click on whatever promotions pop up).

I want to starchart with 'em to help out, but I don't want to overwhelm them or like... make it so they don't learn things because I swooped in and murderized everything. Any suggestions on what Warframe to bring? I was thinking like... I can bring whatever 'frames and guns I'm leveling, but if I'm not doing that, maybe Octavia or Titania? I find Nekros terribly boring, but the combo of "steal enemies for enemy buffs" + "LOOT LOOT LOOT" might be nice for 'em, plus I haven't put a lot of stuff into him so he's not too overwhelmingly powerful (unlike my Khora, who at this point trivializes a lot of things). Maybe Revenant or Nyx for "got ur brainz" on enemies? I basically want to fill a support/cheerleading role for them, but a different one from what Trinity does. (Ugh, Nekros is probably the best in that case, because Loots).

I would probably stay away from Octavia because her powers basically murderize everything that comes in range. Gara is a good all around frame since you can help protect defense objectives, provide damage resistance to your teammates by casting 2 on them, and nuke large areas if you need to. Other good support types would be Mag to keep their shields topped up, Nezha to cast warding halo on them for damage reduction and provide health drops, Oberon for more healing or Hildryn which also can keep shields topped up and strips enemy armor/shields.

steam_sig.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Harrow's kinda support-y if you've got him.

Or bring Speed Nova. Throw them into the blender and they'll learn to swim.

Bobble on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    There was a little discussion on the Uranus requirement of running 5 missions with only a melee weapon equipped, and
    1) It doesn't say you have to be solo, so I think that works? Should be people farming the boss.
    2) Gear doesn't count, so bring a specter (or six) and let him do the work if you've got some blueprints for those.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I'd second Nekros. Extra loot at that level is always nice.

Otherwise maybe Oberon? Keep them alive while they learn.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
  • IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular
    Maybe Nezha? With the Safeguard augment you can put warding halo on everyone. Also if you get too far ahead everyone can just follow your trail of fire.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So an extractor nets you about 40 hexagons.

Move to New Zealand
    edited May 2019
    Mortious wrote: »

They don't really need to be kept alive with Trinity Prime; they don't seem to be dying that much. That said, I *am* leveling Oberon Prime, so maybe I'll bring him along till he hits 30. Then it'll be Nekros because much as I find him dull as fuck, extra loot is good, plus grabbing Shadows of Eximus units always helps.

*edit* oh hey, I could get his Soul Punch augment to punch them back to life, too.

Lucid_Seraph on
    edited May 2019

They don't really need to be kept alive with Trinity Prime; they don't seem to be dying that much. That said, I *am* leveling Oberon Prime, so maybe I'll bring him along till he hits 30. Then it'll be Nekros because much as I find him dull as fuck, extra loot is good, plus grabbing Shadows of Eximus units always helps.

*edit* oh hey, I could get his Soul Punch augment to punch them back to life, too.

I like Nekros' last three abilities, and the augment for his 1 makes it good too! The augment for his 3 is extra great as well, though having 2 augments feels like a bit much so I often don't use the Soul Punch augment and just kinda ignore that ability.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I don't use Nekros as much any more, but I love running him with his 2-Augment and just spamming fear.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

That kavat at the end is absolutely walking over saying "Ok, look, I think we need to have a conversation"

Darmak wrote: »

That kavat at the end is absolutely walking over saying "Ok, look, I think we need to have a conversation"

I was really hoping DE would add some kavat/domestik interaction like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk4XB2wZqF4

JtgVX0H.png
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    There was a little discussion on the Uranus requirement of running 5 missions with only a melee weapon equipped, and
    1) It doesn't say you have to be solo, so I think that works? Should be people farming the boss.
    2) Gear doesn't count, so bring a specter (or six) and let him do the work if you've got some blueprints for those.
    I actually got through that easier than I thought I would. And No, I completely forgot about specters ... LOL. I've taken to popping a specter if I'm leveling something and Perrin or Loka show up. The specter can take a couple of them out, draw a bit of aggro, and with my Rhino specter he sometimes even cast Roar (every now and then). I ended up using my Guandao and just running the exterminate mission four times ( I did make one run on the dark sector defense but found that I was running around in circles way too much). I had to hit some of the enemies multiple times but just speed blitzing everything and just being super agile (aka moving a lot, tons of slide attacks, and jumping) and casting of blessing when things got hairy I got them done.

Now, I'm onto Neptune. I'm contemplating just starting the Second Dream tonight but I also know that doing that quest will open up even more ... 'minutiae' for me to deal with and learn. There are already so many systems I'm just getting the hang of in this game. This next quest is the proverbial can of worms, pandora's box, and under the sea all wrapped into one package. I already know what's coming and can't wait to also be one of the cool kids that have all the extra stuff but I don't know if my brain can handle that level of ... extra systems ... that doing the quest will entail. Long story short I'm both excited AND nervous about all the NEW things I'm gonna have to learn now. I could also just make a beeline for the index so I can start earning some cash money ... you can NEVER have enough credits.

I can understand why some people look at Warframe and think ... it's too much information, it's too much to remember/learn, there is too much going on on the screen. It's a daunting game that feels great once you understand a few things. I understand why some people bounce off this game and also why it holds others hostage. My advice for anybody starting this game would be to take it slow. Learn the things as you go and try to get good at one thing at a time. There are many MANY things that the game doesn't tell you and there are so many sub-systems that if anybody thinks they know everything I would look at that person with some skepticism. At the end of the day ... once this game gets its hooks in you ... it's already TOO LATE. Please SEND HELP.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    I actually got through that easier than I thought I would. And No, I completely forgot about specters ... LOL. I've taken to popping a specter if I'm leveling something and Perrin or Loka show up. The specter can take a couple of them out, draw a bit of aggro, and with my Rhino specter he sometimes even cast Roar (every now and then). I ended up using my Guandao and just running the exterminate mission four times ( I did make one run on the dark sector defense but found that I was running around in circles way too much). I had to hit some of the enemies multiple times but just speed blitzing everything and just being super agile (aka moving a lot, tons of slide attacks, and jumping) and casting of blessing when things got hairy I got them done.

Now, I'm onto Neptune. I'm contemplating just starting the Second Dream tonight but I also know that doing that quest will open up even more ... 'minutiae' for me to deal with and learn. There are already so many systems I'm just getting the hang of in this game. This next quest is the proverbial can of worms, pandora's box, and under the sea all wrapped into one package. I already know what's coming and can't wait to also be one of the cool kids that have all the extra stuff but I don't know if my brain can handle that level of ... extra systems ... that doing the quest will entail. Long story short I'm both excited AND nervous about all the NEW things I'm gonna have to learn now. I could also just make a beeline for the index so I can start earning some cash money ... you can NEVER have enough credits.

I can understand why some people look at Warframe and think ... it's too much information, it's too much to remember/learn, there is too much going on on the screen. It's a daunting game that feels great once you understand a few things. I understand why some people bounce off this game and also why it holds others hostage. My advice for anybody starting this game would be to take it slow. Learn the things as you go and try to get good at one thing at a time. There are many MANY things that the game doesn't tell you and there are so many sub-systems that if anybody thinks they know everything I would look at that person with some skepticism. At the end of the day ... once this game gets its hooks in you ... it's already TOO LATE. Please SEND HELP.

Eventually, you'll get to where I just got, which is clawing at your screen, hoping your newbie friends get on, so you can shower them with mods.

Well, I got started a little later than I wanted to tonight and figured I'd rather make a beeline for the index since goodness knows how long I would have spent just customizing my spoilerMode. Plus I would rather go into that whole quest when I could pay full attention. As I understand it there is quite a lot going on in Second Dream and I want to take it all in properly. I do wonder why, for the love of all that is holy, they would put story revelations as conversations in the middle of a mission. I mean, I realize that it is more realistic to have revelations happen as a mission unfolds but ... as I was doing Natah, especially the defense mission I don't think I took in half of what was happening ... you know ... since I was soooo focused on just trying to make sure my four defense objectives (which constantly switched between waves) didn't get destroyed and I didn't fail the mission. I can't even replay the quest ... just fo look up on Youtube what the hell everyone was saying and the implications.

Long story short, I now have the index unlocked but don't know how to play ... well. So at least I can learn as I go and be able to make some good credits if we ever have a double credit weekend again and/or I get a login credit booster. I'm very hesitant to dive into PUGs going into the Index ... at least until I can understand some of the subtleties and can carry my own weight. Then I can contribute to the team and make boatloads of credits.

Switch Clan ... I'll be ready to go for any index runs once Nightwave season 2 starts (or in the near future at least) and I'm also ready to do some disruption ... I don't think I'll be ready for that new boss though ... you know ... what with having to finish almost all (if not all) the quest.

• novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    @dipuc4life

I'm finally back in. If you see me in-game hit me up. I've got a decent Index build and could always use the credits.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Arg spy missions drive me nuts. Trying to finish the final "get arcane codexes" mission for Stolen Dreams and I've failed it a few times now. Kind of frustrated.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    On the subject of specters: Make Rhino specters.

They cast Iron Skin and are damn near invulnerable. I've been using a Rhino Prime+Corinth specter as a mainstay for months now and a Force level one one of those was able to get through minutes 40-60 of the Kuva survival missions without taking damage while holding down a corridor damn near all by itself.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So, after trying various methods of gathering Hexaloljuice I can say that Dark Sectors are pretty shit at it. 20 minute survival on Elara vs the dark sector survival consistently yields twice the amount of hexanotroll.
    Interception and survival seem to be pretty effective means of gathering hexgoogles, but it's hard to find teams for interception (or in fact most mission forms on jupiter) and a full team is usually better than a half-full one.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Bugged out super hard after a host migration on Ropalolyst. I spawned stuck in spoiler mode. Then I was killed, and turned into a camera that couldn't do anything, including open menus or chat, while my frame laid dead on the ground.

In cutscenes I was a different person's spoiler. And after the cutscene, my frame came back alive-ish but I still couldn't control it.

Possibly because it had no head.

itrx4kgojhdq.png

So I just wandered around while the last two players finished it, then got force-extracted by the timer.

Kamar on
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Arg spy missions drive me nuts. Trying to finish the final "get arcane codexes" mission for Stolen Dreams and I've failed it a few times now. Kind of frustrated.

I sometimes forget how annoying spy missions were before I had a tricked out Loki but you just reminded me.

If you don't have to do them solo let me know and I'll rush you through it.

I still don't have Ivara. That last piece is still eluding me. This despite the fact that every week I do at least 1 spy run to try to get it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

I sometimes forget how annoying spy missions were before I had a tricked out Loki but you just reminded me.

Man Spy missions were my favorite for the longest time. I played them full stealth mode, too, sneaking around with my Dread or a silenced sniper, and working super hard to not have any alarm go off, because, sure technically you can have everything at maximum alert but as long as you don't trip anything in the vault it's okay, but that always felt gamey to me. It's about the one place where I felt the actual ninja in this supposed cyber ninja game.

Farming Ivara burned some of the love off, admittedly, what with having to do Uranus spy over a hundred times to get the goddamned blueprint. And then having Ivara makes them a tad perfunctory.

Steam ID: Right here.
    Drascin wrote: »

Man Spy missions were my favorite for the longest time. I played them full stealth mode, too, sneaking around with my Dread or a silenced sniper, and working super hard to not have any alarm go off, because, sure technically you can have everything at maximum alert but as long as you don't trip anything in the vault it's okay, but that always felt gamey to me. It's about the one place where I felt the actual ninja in this supposed cyber ninja game.

Farming Ivara burned some of the love off, admittedly, what with having to do Uranus spy over a hundred times to get the goddamned blueprint. And then having Ivara makes them a tad perfunctory.

I've done my spy missions on Sedna. Purely to avoid Uranus spy missions (Uranus vaults have the dubious distinction of being timeconsuming, but not very challenging).

I can't stand using Ivara for anything but hunting. No sprinting or bullet jumping while stealthed is basically torture :P

edited May 2019
    novaspike wrote: »
    @dipuc4life

I'm finally back in. If you see me in-game hit me up. I've got a decent Index build and could always use the credits.

@novaspike ... Maybe tomorrow night, if I see you on we can make a run. Although, I haven't tried it yet and could use a few pointers and/or some guidance ... or at least show me the ropes so that I ... don't embarrass the clan myself. I'll probably try to start early so that I can get the Second Dream quest done since it is a requirement to open the next junction.

Also, I finally got the Zephyr Prime Chassis that I needed to get the last rank in Steele Meridian. Now to rank up and THEN get a hundred thousand standing (if I wanna trade weapons) AND a person willing to trade me for the Trinity mods from Perrin and/or Loka. I still don't know WHY the last levels for both Hexis and Veil require rare rewards from relics though ... seems kinda lopsided if you ask me. Then again I think Perin and Loka also ask for some rare parts. IMO the last levels for ALL syndicates should be uncommon parts ... I don't understand why DE makes some of them rare. I guess gotta make us chase that grind and/or pray to the RNGods.

dipuc4life on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

I've done my spy missions on Sedna. Purely to avoid Uranus spy missions (Uranus vaults have the dubious distinction of being timeconsuming, but not very challenging).

I did my Spies in Uranus because they were Grineer missions where I could still oneshot enemies with my Dread at that point. Being able to oneshot dudes is very important to being able to keep stealth going. Also because the corridors of Uranus make it noticeably easier to stealth in than the multilevel tiles of the grineer galleon, which mean I could at least bring a bunch of unleveled frames and weapons to soak passive XP, because I never got shot at anyway. Leveled like fifteen frames farming Ivara.

Steam ID: Right here.
    Why does this arcane I bought for 10k cetus rep say it's sellable for 100 ducats?
    z5adp90mudba.png

Move to New Zealand
    Why does this arcane I bought for 10k cetus rep say it's sellable for 100 ducats?
    z5adp90mudba.png

Maybe Baro is greedy for Arcanes?

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I can't stand using Ivara for anything but hunting. No sprinting or bullet jumping while stealthed is basically torture :P

Mine has 500 energy, the augment, and a covert lethality dagger. I just stealth up and proceed to wander to the objective, occasionally stopping for a pizza if I feel like it. It's just kind of refreshing to not care about ANYTHING in the level; cameras, lasers, drones, whatever.

z5adp90mudba.png

Bad news: After testing I'm gonna guess it's a bug

Good news: Yay I had a reason to burn some Cetus rep :P

edited May 2019
    z5adp90mudba.png

Bad news: After testing I'm gonna guess it's a bug

Good news: Yay I had a reason to burn some Cetus rep :P

All arcanes can be sold for ducats

edit: wait, all arcanes SAY they can be sold for ducats. I haven't been able to do so yet, so who knows. Could be a bug, could be something they meant to implement but fucked up somewhere, etc.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    Floaty frame comes out of the cooker this morning and I'm at work like a sucker. I guess there's something to be said for patience, but I don't wanna wait.

steam_sig.png
    Apparently, Wisp is OP and broken because of her passive. As long as she is in the air she is invisible. You can bunny hop through an entire level and enemies will NOT see you. It takes a second for the visibility to register with enemies once you hit the ground so you can just keep jumping and enemies will not detect you. Also, when you use her 2 it ignores lasers and security gates AND Wisp becomes invisible while the 2 is out (drones ignore you as well). Also also, teleporting to her motes have INFINITE range. You can basically teleport across the map in POE and Orb Vallis. The details can be found in the following video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9--Eg9HmYA
    I guess nerf may be incoming so enjoy while you can.

I haven't watched the video, but I suspect the tricky bit would be trying to hack consoles while fully visible seeing as how there are quite a few higher level vaults that have enemies/laser detectors right on the hacking console. Ivara for life (until Ivara Prime is out).

steam_sig.png
    Daimar wrote: »
    I haven't watched the video, but I suspect the tricky bit would be trying to hack consoles while fully visible seeing as how there are quite a few higher level vaults that have enemies/laser detectors right on the hacking console. Ivara for life (until Ivara Prime is out).

Apparently, according to the video (and he did show this by hacking a terminal with a drone right over his shoulder) once you send out the 2, Wisp becomes invisible. nothing can detect you ... not even those Grineer drones with their frickin' lasers on their heads. Her two can even pass through the barrier in the Grineer sea lab on Uranus. Of course, you can teleport to the two once you've passed the barrier. Send out another two to turn invisible again and hack the terminal. The duration on the two will give you JUST enough time to hack the terminal.

dipuc4life wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »

Apparently, according to the video (and he did show this by hacking a terminal with a drone right over his shoulder) once you send out the 2, Wisp becomes invisible. nothing can detect you ... not even those Grineer drones with their frickin' lasers on their heads. Her two can even pass through the barrier in the Grineer sea lab on Uranus. Of course, you can teleport to the two once you've passed the barrier. Send out another two to turn invisible again and hack the terminal. The duration on the two will give you JUST enough time to hack the terminal.

Well that's spiffy. Still not giving up Ivara. :D

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.