As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    He likes purple, this is his one for Prophecy from 3 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaTxLF7uyO0

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Also got my second ascendancy done! I know other people have done that all the time, and I did on the easy mode of using a juggy with a guide, but still having gone from a "i'll do what I want" fist poison sadness, to just mowing down synthesis maps and two trying the second ascendancy... Feeling pretty good.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I am mega glad they are releasing a simple league

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    2y0jrdw3wm031.jpg

This could be P H A T on some characters.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    lol, mega armor on a mana guardian without having to run Memory Vault

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I am mega glad they are releasing a simple league

Yeah

I just want to fuck with the new mechanics and not have to spend an hour or two figuring out shit like item synthesizing.

jungleroomx on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Jubal77 on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    negative

J3qcnBP.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    lol, mega armor on a mana guardian without having to run Memory Vault

One side note is that it says converted to, not gained as, meaning you lose 80% of your maximum mana pool.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2509498
    Will Winter Orb survive 3.7.0?
    It has received balance adjustments to bring its power slightly closer to other skills. The main change being that it fires less frequently when not channelling, though there are other adjustments too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2509498
    Will Winter Orb survive 3.7.0?
    It has received balance adjustments to bring its power slightly closer to other skills. The main change being that it fires less frequently when not channelling, though there are other adjustments too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

I never asked for this

fuck gendered marketing
    https://youtu.be/eO-bpM0fnkg

Drool.

While I understand the WO nerf it still is kind of dumb. Its single target was pretty poop compared to other things.

omfg that looks so cool

J3qcnBP.png
    like sweep cleave ds skills now all have dope mtxs making them look awesome

and that weapon range!!!!

J3qcnBP.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Feel really bad that they are working on melee and I’m probably just going back to some kind of trapper.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/eO-bpM0fnkg

Drool.

While I understand the WO nerf it still is kind of dumb. Its single target was pretty poop compared to other things.

Man that looks flat out dynasty warriors and I like it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    New melee stuff looks super fun.

Bets on the price of Kaom's Heart this league?

Steam: Spawnbroker
    Im thinking in the realm it usually is. 1-3 EX. Giving up those links kind of hamstrings your build a bit usually,

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I don't know about Kaom's, but I wouldn't want to buy whatever that Cyclone axe is.

Or really anything equipment-related to Cyclone this league.

(I'll probably be doing Cyclone Maxblock.)

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Ah wanna Flicker/Molten. I have the computer and internet for it.

Unless they're nerfing ES I don't see why people won't just be ES melee.

Bex laid out the schedule for updates next week , it’s always fun the week of a launch to see all the crazy stuff people manage to come up with and the big poe streamers working on their builds for full streaming sessions just wondering how they will build their new character . It’s one of the things I love about this game , I’ve never seen a game with such a huge variety of just insane shit you can do for fun or for going fast or boss killing or whatever.

Here's new Chieftain:
    ktvqny2hp1131.jpg

You can still go RF with Tasalio right? Since it's 'unaffected by' not 'immune' like Atziri's Reflection?

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

I'm baaack but this week is crazy busy at work (end of fiscal year which means random crazy). I really just want to call in sick and go for 95 but I have responsibilities. My current Occultist is very tanky at 84 knock on wood.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    So immortal call no longer prevents all physical damage . So I guess our get out of jail free card is gone . People have been discussing how this is going to make porcupine needles super scary.

edited May 2019
    Brass Dome will be an expensive boy this league. The new Chieftain feels more like a spell character now.

New node, decent, but not particularly amazing in any respect, promotes LOSING endurance charges
    Buff and a nerf, Tawhoa lost the Life Regen bonus (the best part of it for only 2 points), but now gives you permanent uptime on Endurance Charges and Inc. Phys + Fire
    Tukohama is a straight downgrade, no more Totem taunting and no unique benefit for stacking totem HP sucks
    Tasalio is a massive buff
    Arahongui is still meh even with a buff
    Ramako is really mediocre, basically just 15% Fire Pen
    Hinekora is a moderate nerf what with losing the Totem leech, but is overall still strong
    Ngamahu is still pretty good

Consecrated Path Chieftain will be good.

Absalon on
    i dont think I like it. The bottom wheel seems clunky and the addition for dmg on endurance charge loss seems ok but only for a few builds. Tectonic slam chief will be the obvious go to here.

pure buffs to inferal blow chieftain 8-)

J3qcnBP.png
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    i dont think I like it. The bottom wheel seems clunky and the addition for dmg on endurance charge loss seems ok but only for a few builds. Tectonic slam chief will be the obvious go to here.

J U G G is currently still the superior choice for Tec I must say.

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Got to level 95 in the flashback event, also managed to pay cadiro some more coins to get to 36 challenges. I had thought I would have completed all the memory modifiers first but I never found the one that gives the player some rare mods on killing a rare monster even though I was prioritizing memory modifiers for all of the last three weeks or so in both game modes.

I think my favorite character I played in Synthesis was my abyss jewel stacking scourge arrow raider; if they ever make scourge arrow not completely terrible in tight spaces I think it would probably be my favorite skill. I might make a similar character for Legion except I'd use one of the melee skills, probably frost blades.

Frozen orb/Frost Nova trickster was pretty fun, though it was a bit frustrating to look at other folks do the same build except with dual chaos conversion scepters and a flow of eternity and get 3-4 times more damage than I had. Winter orb is probably a better build though I don't really like that play-style very much.

I'm sad to see Synthesis go, it was my favorite league.

Really all I need for Legion is a "force move" keybind or at least the ability to reassign a key to left click, I currently have one less keybind than everyone else since I like to hold down a key to move in arpgs and the only way to do that in PoE is to use a hotbar slot currently.

Man I just relooked at the tree. They nerfed the hell out of Totem chief. No taunt. No armor for totems. No endurance charges for totems. The split off of the fire dmg and res. Yeah still not sold on the tree.

edited May 2019
    3 8 16 are pretty pog for tect/inferal/ms etc

then to decide between 1 and 14

i think the endurance charges win for tect but for others covered in ash may be more consistent

super fun!

double nebuloch infernal blow seems absolutely bonkers!!!

EDIT: i see the totem spread, but i think theyre going to add Ancestral totems for all attacks

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    also cheiftain is now the go to SSF RF starter

like 30% life regen, free endurance, free charge generation, free more burning damage

J3qcnBP.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Cyclone convert to fire convert to chaos?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Cyclone being a channled skill now means Avatar of Fire Ngha Axe CwC Wave will be pretty interesting choice.

I have a worry that Ngamahu and Terminus will be real pricey this league.

Everything melee will be pricey as it’s new and everyone wants to play it. Cyclone items are going to be the worst , I expect to see disfavors priced at the equivalent of the gdp of smaller first world countries.

edited May 2019
    we were vague about whether the upcoming changes would be in 3.7.0 or 3.8.0. We can now confirm that the majority of changes to Delve and Betrayal content will be coming alongside the launch of 3.8.0 in September. We understand that this is probably not what you wanted to hear, and we're sorry about the timeline but believe it is overall the right choice for the quality of the game and the health of our team.

The good news is that the additional time will let us find proper solutions to problems rather than be forced to apply quick fixes under time pressure. We are looking forward to improving the content from these old leagues and making sure that it is a very popular part of the Path of Exile experience going forward.

I am not very obstreperous when it comes to GGG and improvement pace but this
    delivered by way of standardized community manager-lingo is a tad annoying. People have been complaining about aspects of Delving/sulphite and Betrayal damage and lag spikes since they were introduced. I approve of New Zealand's wages and benefits, I know nada about time budgeting and I will never expect any crunch, but sooner or later I am going to suspect there is some inefficiency in their development managing and prioritizing. Oh well.

Absalon on
    edited May 2019
    Delve and betrayal were two of my favorites...

Edit - oh just the changes thought they were being removed till sep league.

EspantaPajaro on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I hope they don't nerf storm burst and gained chaos. Because I totally will do this build again.