As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax West badge date speculation

• Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    cbellevie wrote: »
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    I haven't seen mentioned and thought it was worth doing so - May 30, 2001 was a Wednesday. Thursday seems like the obvious day, but who knows? A twist?

Sure everyone here is watching the reg page nonstop until tickets are available regardless.

Since 2014, badges have gone on sale on: Wednesday, Thursday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Thursday in that order.

Thursday seems like the obvious day, but thought worth mentioning. In the last 7 years I've been paying attention, I can't remember them ever giving such a clue as they did.

That is something new besides saying it is going after memorial day.

• every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    I will be very paranoid W and Th both for good measure from 10am onward....

• every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    Ah I was excited to see a hotel link up but it still links to the 2018 onpeak page.

• Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    I'm sure my wife will be relieved once I've got my tickets so I can stop bugging her with my excitement.

zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Final, 'check your alerts' Twitter post :-)

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Reminder that the link will not come from Official_Pax (at first, I'm sure they will retweet).

Make sure everyone is following PAX_Badges https://twitter.com/PAX_Badges

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Reminder that the link will not come from Official_Pax (at first, I'm sure they will retweet).

Make sure everyone is following PAX_Badges https://twitter.com/PAX_Badges

Bad me!

• Aardvark VulgarAardvark Vulgar Registered User regular
    There was a news post that was sent out that said badges will be released before the end of May, so unless that was a typo we know for sure it will be this week. My guess is Thursday, and with the Bejewelled hint I think that it could be then. Noon is the go to time but I’d say the time range could be anytime between 10-1.

70xnyzr.png
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I will be doubly paranoid for tomorrow, just in case. Good luck to all, it's almost time!!

• midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    Hello today could be the day and my hands are sweaty. Arms spaghetti. Please just release them!

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

[ ] Badges [ ] time off [ ] cosplay

• RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    midna wrote: »
    Hello today could be the day and my hands are sweaty. Arms spaghetti. Please just release them!

Badge prices haven't even been posted yet, so it's more likely that it will be tomorrow.

tw787Xr.png

RavenHusky wrote: »

Badge prices haven't even been posted yet, so it's more likely that it will be tomorrow.

Why I didn't make my son walk to school today ;-)

Do they usually post the prices before putting them up for sale? Or is it more or less the same time?

zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg

Do they usually post the prices before putting them up for sale? Or is it more or less the same time?

I was almost certain they posted the prices shortly before releasing tickets. There was always like one last update prior to ticket release. But, I wasn't the one who bought our tickets last year, and am getting old, so maybe not remembering correctly, or things have changed with the site.

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Going to be eating on my desk at work today and tomorrow to buy these badges. And will skip parallel lining up for hotels this year. There is a lot of good option within walking distance so no need to pile up on the stress by dealing with the new hotel vendor at the same time.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    Darn it PA, just give us our badges!

tw787Xr.png

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Here is a fun wrinkle. I was digging into the Wikipedia page for the Bejeweled. And their reference for the listed release date is a Wayback Machine page, which is the readme for version 1.87 of Bejeweled® Deluxe. That was just a patch for Windows Vista compatability. The actual release was 1.0 (the document has a version history). So as far as I can tell 5/31/2001 isn't the release date of Bejeweled, but I don't know what the real one was.

YoungFrey on
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Not today :( Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    Well with the way the haiku was written and that e-mail from a little while ago, I am like 97.2 % sure it is tomorrow

edited May 2019
    PRICES ARE UP!

4 day badges are only six bucks less than the full weekend of individual badges.

$57 per day, $222 for a full weekend badge.

RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

• midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    PRICES ARE UP!

4 day badges are only six bucks less than the full weekend of individual badges.

I think I just got a heart attack

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

[ ] Badges [ ] time off [ ] cosplay

edited May 2019
    PRICES ARE UP!

I think I just got a heart attack

I read that at first as "BADGES ARE UP!"

Please just be tomorrow already. Several heart attacks is enough. I don't need one more.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I think since I'm local now I'll try to go on Saturday. Haven't been since 2013. Acq Inc should be Saturday, right?

Artereis on
    edited May 2019
    Artereis wrote: »
    I think since I'm local now I'll try to go on Saturday. Haven't been since 2013. Acq Inc should be Saturday, right?

Acq. Inc was on Sunday last year.

RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/ehX878lCKmo

Good luck folks.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Today's supposed to be the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPUe7O3ODHQ

BE PREPARED!

tw787Xr.png

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Good luck today everyone!

ZYseqtZ.png
  • skitch78skitch78 Registered User regular
    What happened to the F5 army? Has everyone gone to some kind of automated script now? I miss the days of new posts every minute, and the sense of camaraderie as we all sit here and constantly refresh our browsers.

I'm still here, just waiting..... so much anxiety.

skitch78 wrote: »
    What happened to the F5 army? Has everyone gone to some kind of automated script now? I miss the days of new posts every minute, and the sense of camaraderie as we all sit here and constantly refresh our browsers.

Those of us F5ing are all too busy F5ing to post about it?

I still F5... I'm in office today and don't dare run a script on my work machine.

• BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    F5ing also.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    edited May 2019
    I miss the days of new posts every minute, and the sense of camaraderie as we all sit here and constantly refresh our browsers.

Actually felt this in a big way the past two years :( Last year I chalked it up to not being the one buying tickets, but this year, completely different vibe than the previous years.

I do wonder if some of it is that they have really narrowed down the time when to expect tickets. When I first started going to PAX, it felt like a month of F5ing. This year, felt like yesterday and today.

cbellevie on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Having twitter send you a text when they tweet is by far the fastest non-script way. While F5ing is good, the tweet hits first before the site is updated.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png

Those of us F5ing are all too busy F5ing to post about it?

Checking posts here reminds me to go and F5 again. Sometimes I get distracted by actual work (how dare they!!!) for more than a couple of minutes, so it's nice to have a constant reminder. :)

My productivity has pretty much halted

SkeleVader wrote: »
    Having twitter send you a text when they tweet is by far the fastest non-script way. While F5ing is good, the tweet hits first before the site is updated.

Yup, have Twitter alerts on and phone volume turned up. :) There was a few years back when I happened to catch the page update prior to the Tweet showing up. Could've just been a delay in me receiving it, so I'll keep F5'ing just in case.

I'm hoping that I can get away with having my laptop open in class, as I have a class during the 11-1 window today.

tw787Xr.png

I'm hoping that I can get away with having my laptop open in class, as I have a class during the 11-1 window today.

Your doing "research"

• krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    $6 discount for a 4 day pass? I'll take 20!

krae_man on

Your doing "research"

Given that we're working on a group project right now, that's not far from the truth.

tw787Xr.png