As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Speaking of spy vaults, the new Jupiter tileset has new Spy vaults. You should check them out, if only so that if there's a Sortie or whatever, you know what to do, and aren't like "wtf"

Also in the new tileset, there's ONE thing that detects Ivara even if you're using Infiltrate. They're called Scanners; they look like regular lasers except there's a destructible thingy labeled "scanner" on the door. They don't set off alarms, but they do trigger either an electricity turret or a cloud of gas, and I *think* tripping them alerts nearby enemies. Easily solved by just destroying them before passing, but keep an eye out for them and don't just walk through them assuming Infiltrate will ignore them like I did. (begs the question of whether Limbo's Rift ignores them too, or the new laser types.)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Why does this arcane I bought for 10k cetus rep say it's sellable for 100 ducats?
    z5adp90mudba.png

Bad news: After testing I'm gonna guess it's a bug

Good news: Yay I had a reason to burn some Cetus rep :P

All arcanes can be sold for ducats

edit: wait, all arcanes SAY they can be sold for ducats. I haven't been able to do so yet, so who knows. Could be a bug, could be something they meant to implement but fucked up somewhere, etc.

Weird bug if it is one, but Happy is probably right.

Converting 2.5k-10k rep into 100 ducats would be super generous. I'd be able to buy out Baros inventory everytime (credits permitting)

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Man, the Cyanex is a fun little pistol. The mag size is a little low, and it's slow to reload, but I'm liking it otherwise.

JtgVX0H.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Darmak wrote: »
    Man, the Cyanex is a fun little pistol. The mag size is a little low, and it's slow to reload, but I'm liking it otherwise.

It's good that pistols have the best mods for fixing those issues (well, their reload mod isn't as great as the chilling reload for shotguns. But it's good).

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Zaw users, should I be building the dagger Zaw for raw damage or crit chance?

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »

It doesn't matter because daggers are "Covert Lethality or bust"

steam_sig.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Hellbore wrote: »

It doesn't matter because daggers are "Covert Lethality or bust"

I think attack speed affects the finisher animation maybe? I forget.

I really wish Covert Lethality worked with dual daggers because I really enjoyed that finisher animation when I ranked up Fang Prime.

Bobble on
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    So, the Ropalolyst fight. I've now got all the Wisp parts, thank the void. And now I never have to touch it again.

I say this, because I have to ask (perhaps rhetorically): How is this fight still this buggy? Out of four or five fights this morning, I got out-of-bounds'd on the extract and got stuck in the arena at least half the time; I had to wait out the timer to finish, which I'm sure my team appreciated.

And then the fight itself continues to feel weightless and without any solidity to it: RopeADope continues to clip through anything and everything in the arena, breaking any sense of immersion it might bring for being a Big Scary Monster.

And why, oh why, do they make us press a button while jumping at it to mount it? Why not make it like the Exploiter Orb, and trigger a set animation when you get close?

Just, ugh. This fight could have been so cool, but the way it is now it's just frustrating how low-quality the experience is.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Warframe Bossfights have a grand lineage of awfulness to uphold.

It felt like DE was on an upward trajectory, though! This one feels like at least one step back on the execution front.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I thought the fight was really cool. I did seem to hit the jackpot of having no bugs that I noticed though.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    man

the new lore about the lotus bums me out
    I was so sure we were going to save space mom

don't really see a way for us to do this now :(

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I thought the fight was really cool. I did seem to hit the jackbox of having no bugs that I noticed though.

Same here
    man

I mean, we still can. She's been shown she was possibly reprogrammed/brainwashed/whatever under the guise of sympathy for us young tenno, so she might want to lash out/strike back at us or whoever was responsible, or maybe her mother or Hunhow will tell her to. But it's still possible for her to decide she really does care for us, to say, "fuck it, I don't care if I originally protected y'all because I was forced to, I care about you right now for reals" and switch back to our side of her own free will.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    man

nah, I think it's still possible.

There's a bunch of things here:

1. the fact that a major theme in the game has been whether or not you can know yourself; the lies we tell ourselves and are told by others, especially by our "parents." Like, we thought we WERE Warframes, and then we thought we needed stuff to do Transference. See also Ordis: his original personality was a violent killer, but he *chooses* to maintain his shell personality *because he doesn't want to be that person again.*
    2. In a ton of Southeast Asian and East Asian religions/philosophies, the Lotus is a symbol of purity, renewal, and rebirth. It's a beautiful flower that arises from foulness, something which grows in muck and mud but remains pure and beautiful despite unclean origins. Something beautiful sprouting out of something ugly.

I don't think we'll get her back as an announcer or back to the status quo -- a guy in the last thread kept accusing us Lotus-defenders of wanting that, and I'm like, nah -- but I do think the arc will involve saving her.

Regarding Zaws + Covert Lethality, yeah, you wanna build for as much speed as possible so that the finisher animation goes fast.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Well, I have not fought the Ropa but I have watched a few videos and noticed most of the bugs that you mentioned. Considering the nature of said bugs it seems there are some fundamental issues with the core coding for the fight. Also considering that the fight has been out for what ... a week ... I wonder if those major issues could be fixed in that short of a time. Look, I know DE is always releasing hotfixes. But those hotfixes will prioritize the biggest issues and/or the ones that people make the most noise about. That being said please make your voice known to DE in some shape or form. They seemed to have pushed that fight out the door whether or not it was ready and it probably could have used another couple of weeks in the oven. But when you have people that are starving for content sometimes you rush the food and it comes out half done giving everybody stomach aches.

On a personal note, I got through Second Dream last night. Didn't realize that it was the intermediate step to full spoiler mode but at least now I have Lua also unlocked. I'm seriously contemplating making a beeline straight for War Within just so that I can start that humongous grind that is looming in front of me. I mean it's hard enough wrapping my head around all the new systems that I have to understand but at the same time, I feel like I'm finally making progress in the game. Now there are a million (more) things to do ... I need to hit the index to make credits (primarily for the syndicate rank ups), need to run many Cetus and Fortuna bounties for some lenses, probably going to run some SO/ESO to level stuff and for focus, and just clearing nodes for starchart and junctions. The big thing holding me back from War Within is the additional syndicates, grind, and mechanics that I'll have to learn. I know I know, I've said it myself before ... take it slow ... it's just that the sheer volume of things that I'll have to be doing in the near future is very daunting. One thing at a time, please ... unfortunately, many of those new things pile on top of one another and you need one to make the other go brooombroom. The entire grind for focus (what with working towards making greater lenses and losing a lens if you choose to sell a weapon or change a lens on a weapon) seems ... ugh.

@novaspike ... I keep forgetting to check to see if you were on last night. Well, technically I WAS busily tangoing with the Shadow Stalker, staring at customization and UI screens and trying to understand new mechanics so ... yeah. So if you see me on (IGN: ONVEBAL) message me. I still haven't actually dived into playing matches the Index yet (which means I don't have a full understanding of the mechanics and don't know what I need to know yet) so there is also that but I'm down. I spent 750K credits last night ranking up with two syndicates. I also did some mental math and realized that I probably need many MANY millions of more credits to pay off all the factions that I have access to ... I would like to be sitting on a war chest of credits but I fear that no amount of credits will be enough to feed the beast ... until I reach to 'end game' and literally have NOTHING to spend credits on ... then I'll probably start complaining that I have TOO many credits LOL.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Regarding Zaws + Covert Lethality, yeah, you wanna build for as much speed as possible so that the finisher animation goes fast.

I mean, go for speed since the zaw dagger is weak, but I also built it for crits and it tears through star chart enemies just fine. And while obviously covert lethality is great, I'm still not sure that the speed stats will make the finisher animation go any faster

JtgVX0H.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Wiki says
    (Primed) Fury, Gladiator Vice, Quickening, Arcane Strike and the weapon type influence the animation speed of the finisher. This caps at a 33% faster animation with +50% attack speed. Berserker and the weapon's base attack speed do not affect animation speed.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Oh good.

Now you can't do any trades without enabling two factor authentication.

Except it apparently doesn't update right away so I guess I just don't get to sell this Riven now despite four people immediately wanting to give me a couple hundred platinum.

*edit*
    And even after enabling it it's still not actually doing it so I guess yay I just can't trade things.

*edit 2*
    Aaaaaaand now it works after re-logging three times. Except it still didn't actually do two factor authentication when I logged in so what the hell

HappylilElf on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh good.

Now you can't do any trades without enabling two factor authentication.

Except it apparently doesn't update immediately so I guess I just don't get to sell this Riven now despite four people immediately wanting to give me a couple hundred platinum.

I just had to enable it for a trade and it worked after like a minute?

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2019
    I had to turn on 2FA last night. It's weird, because it's not like a typical 2FA scheme.

Clicking on the link in your email (sent when you click the 2FA link in your account profile) validates and registers your machine with your account, so you never actually see anything that looks like an authentication prompt.

It also only took the time it takes to get into my dojo for it to turn on, and didn't require a relog to trigger.

Nips on
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i turned on the 2FA and had a one time pop up on the sign in screen in game afterwards where i had to enter a code that they emailed me.
    that was pretty much it.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    God I love the roombas.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    For a couple of weeks before the Nightwave Radio stuff was added I had only been logging into the game to collect the daily gift. Once I noticed there were daily and weekly missions that would reward me with some interesting items I started playing a few missions a day. I am kind of hoping that stuff comes back because I am back to only logging in to collect the daily gift and maybe doing a mission if I feel like playing.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I was just wondering, how long is Nightwave on a break for? I know they mentioned they weren't going to jump right back in so they could tweak it a bit but it can't be gone for too long since it gates a lot of mods and gear that people may want. I don't keep up on their social media or streams so if it was mentioned in those I've missed it.

steam_sig.png
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i don't think they've said when nightwave 2 will start.
    i'm not sure if it was the implementation of nightwave or i've just hit that eventual point that comes with any game, but i'm in the same boat as seg, just not really feeling the desire to play anymore other than logging in to get my daily piece of whatever to continue the countdown for the next milestone.
    the bloom has gone off the rose for me lately, and the rough edges of the game are starting to stand out and annoy me more and more.
    i'm hoping i just need a break, cuz i have had a LOT of fun with this game.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    SteveRage wrote: »
    i don't think they've said when nightwave 2 will start.
    i'm not sure if it was the implementation of nightwave or i've just hit that eventual point that comes with any game, but i'm in the same boat as seg, just not really feeling the desire to play anymore other than logging in to get my daily piece of whatever to continue the countdown for the next milestone.
    the bloom has gone off the rose for me lately, and the rough edges of the game are starting to stand out and annoy me more and more.
    i'm hoping i just need a break, cuz i have had a LOT of fun with this game.

It's the Warframe Cycle.

Install the game
    Make it your life
    Burn out
    Stop playing
    Hear about some big new update
    Repeat

I think this is my... 4th? Time 'round, and I'm also in the burn out phase. Might spend tommorow on the Operation to get the Vandal weapons, but after that it's logging in for daily until New War or the next Nightwave hits.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Trying to build my 111 amp and I need many, many Cetus Wisps. What's the play to get a bunch?

Trying to build my 111 amp and I need many, many Cetus Wisps. What's the play to get a bunch?

They are more plentiful at night, so it's kind of a waste of time to try and hunt them down during the day. The best time to do it is when you have a 2x resource booster up, but otherwise just find a good path to hit the lakes and make sure you've got a long range loot detector mod to make finding them easier.

There are a lot of guides out there for farming them, but probably the fastest way would be to archwing around rather than trying to run it with a speedy frame. The following video is the one I used when I was running low and needed a bunch.

https://youtu.be/ejL2xRK71cQ

Also, I guess they were made cheaper an update or so ago, so if you want to buy them straight from the Quills they are 2K rep each if you have spare rep.

steam_sig.png
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular

Lots of speed. Load up on loot radar mods, zoom around lakes and ponds with an archwing, and investigate loot icons right on the shorelines.

I have a feeling that the next nightwave may launch with the next console release. That should be in the next two or so weeks, I guess?

I've been making some progress in the game. I've been very lucky over the last few planet bosses and actually farmed up all the Loki parts in about 4 runs at the Hyena Pack. The previous planet was also about 5 runs. I've had one that took me more than 20 runs (I'm looking at you Alad V). I put Hydroid and Nova in the oven a couple of days ago and should have them by tomorrow. I needed a frame that I could use for farming and something that can kill things well so I went with those two. Although I am actually fine with the upcoming farming nerfs since I planned to use Hydroid solo anyway.

Got my first taste of the index proper last night with @novaspike ... rating: 4 out of 5, will 'gamble' again. At least now I don't feel like I have to scrimp on spending credits since with a few runs I can make some good money.

Still trying to decide if I make a beeline for Pluto Junction (and in so doing acquire the War Within quest) since there is a lot to unpack there. Can anybody tell me if transference/transcendence makes more sense when it comes to focus farming? Or is that purely based on the lens that you have equipped. What I mean is ... I'm okay with passively collecting minute amounts of focus while I clear up nodes that I might have missed (I'm looking at you Void and Lua). I know that I should try to get greater or eidolon lens since they will give me the greatest bang for my buck. What I don't know is if the spoiler mode makes that grind any easier. Since lens are only put on weapons and warframes is there any focus benefit to using transference over transcendence (for the time being until I get that other quest done). I know that there are gameplay benefits but I'm asking strictly from a focus perspective here. Just not sure I want to open that can of worms just yet.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Honestly my suggestion is farm yourself a few lenses from Cetus, put them on stuff you use a lot, and kinda don't worry about Focus. If you try to target-farm Focus you will end up hating this game.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Honestly my suggestion is farm yourself a few lenses from Cetus, put them on stuff you use a lot, and kinda don't worry about Focus. If you try to target-farm Focus you will end up hating this game.

Still wondering why the operator doesn't passively gain focus? just.. ugh. man. Warframe progression is maxing out your weapons and moving on to new ones or forma and levelling weapons and both of these things actively work against the focus mechanic.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

I actually don't plan to target focus much if at all. I've put some of the smaller lenses on stuff I use when clearing new nodes but I realize that I need to run many MANY of those Cetus and Fortuna bounties to get enough lenses to make greater lenses. On top of that, the greater lens blueprints are 200K credits and only one-time use ... plus I don't have enough regular lens to make one right now anyway. Plus on Switch it can be difficult some times to find PUGs that are doing the higher level bounties. If your PUG-RNG is good then you can find people but the times I play I'm lucky if I get one person running bounties. I don't have any one-shot-dropship guns and no real mass murdering warframes ... yet. So I can only handle so much by myself right now.

Yeah, I didn't put a greater lens into anything until I was MR 26. Not the best idea in the world as I could have been further ahead, but combined with all the other farms it just wasn't something I ever wanted to put extra effort into. As it stands I just have a greater lens in 5 frames which I use the most often/are the best killers (Mesa, Equinox, Saryn, Nezha & Hildryn) and haven't bothered putting any in weapons, though I should probably toss one in my plague kripath zaw since that's basically all I use for melee weapons and maybe one in my tombfinger secondary.

steam_sig.png
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

Lots of speed. Load up on loot radar mods, zoom around lakes and ponds with an archwing, and investigate loot icons right on the shorelines.

Also from my experience resource nodes seem more plentiful if I go out with the highest level bounty. I do it solo and it's how I farmed up iradite and grokdrul. Maybe it works with wisps too?

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Deans wrote: »

Also from my experience resource nodes seem more plentiful if I go out with the highest level bounty. I do it solo and it's how I farmed up iradite and grokdrul. Maybe it works with wisps too?

Nope, wisps are always just 1 (x resource boosters/smeeta)

steam_sig.png
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »

I actually don't plan to target focus much if at all. I've put some of the smaller lenses on stuff I use when clearing new nodes but I realize that I need to run many MANY of those Cetus and Fortuna bounties to get enough lenses to make greater lenses. On top of that, the greater lens blueprints are 200K credits and only one-time use ... plus I don't have enough regular lens to make one right now anyway. Plus on Switch it can be difficult some times to find PUGs that are doing the higher level bounties. If your PUG-RNG is good then you can find people but the times I play I'm lucky if I get one person running bounties. I don't have any one-shot-dropship guns and no real mass murdering warframes ... yet. So I can only handle so much by myself right now.

I never bothered with greater lenses (though I think I may have bought one out of laziness). The % difference didn't seem huge enough to be worth the bother of grinding over the basic bounty lenses.

As for focus accumulation, I pretty much threw a lens on Khora (cause I <3 catlady), Ivara (cause she's my gear leveling frame), and my melee weapon (cause I always take that regardless of other gear AND I have the school passive to earn more focus from melee kills) and that's it.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Want my secret to do high level bounties in Eidolon?

The secret is Zephyr. Zephyr's 3rd ability might as well read "Immunity to Grineer" (except the melee guys). I never run plains with people because people in Plains are jerks - instead I started soloing with Zephyr. You will need a big gun, but not so big to be able to drop the dropships. A moderately modded Hek with Zephyr will let you murder Grineer handily, and they can't really touch you as long as you have energy left.

Steam ID: Right here.

Want my secret to do high level bounties in Eidolon?

The secret is Zephyr. Zephyr's 3rd ability might as well read "Immunity to Grineer" (except the melee guys). I never run plains with people because people in Plains are jerks - instead I started soloing with Zephyr. You will need a big gun, but not so big to be able to drop the dropships. A moderately modded Hek with Zephyr will let you murder Grineer handily, and they can't really touch you as long as you have energy left.

I ... I have a Zephyr in my foundry (with all the parts ready) that I could build but ... I have no more slots. Well, technically both Nova and Hydroid (I have EXACTLY 2 free slots) are not done yet but I don't like having unclaimed items that are done sitting in the foundry. Plus I would have to wait another 3 days to even start to level her ... furthermore, learn how to play her properly. I haven't even looked into her power-set or anything ... there are WAY TOO MANY frames in this game. I guess variety is the spice of life ... funny thing is I like spicy food ... but this is a bit too much. Well at least with enough love and care (aka forma and leveling) I could technically make almost ANY frame a genocidal mass murderer ... I mean an efficient weapon.

This discussion has been closed.