As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[E3 never] G3 2021: The Great Gerstmann Garage Show

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm expecting:

Metroid Prime Federation Force 2
    Labo Music (aka Wii Music 2)
    Donkey Konga Country
    Arms 2: Legs
    Wario World: Just The Menu Music
    Waluigi's One Bedroom Efficiency Apartment

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Firaxis is one expansion deep into Civ 6, so they could be in position to drop a x-com 3 reveal, but I feel it's still a little too soon.

They've released two expansions for Civ6, actually. 4 and 5 both also had 2 expansions, so they're probably done with 6 now.

...SyphonBlue totally just called me out like the poser I am. :biggrin:

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Honestly, forget Half-Life 3 and Chrono Trigger. My white whale these days is Pokemon Snap Switch.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Excited about the possibility of new hardware reveals (sadly, Sony won't be revealing there, but we may get more about the Playstation 5 in the wake of E3).

Also about the Final Fantasy VII remake, but I know that's a long shot. Likewise Halo Infinite and GOW5, but generally, I'm surprised by these sort of things as I don't follow them so closely.

On the whole, the last E3 was one of my favorite on record, so I'm hoping this was is able to impress me as much.

Synthesis on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Firaxis is one expansion deep into Civ 6, so they could be in position to drop a x-com 3 reveal, but I feel it's still a little too soon.

They've released two expansions for Civ6, actually. Every Civ (except the first) has had 2 expansions, so they're probably done with 6 now.
    Wait what? What are the two expansions?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

They've released two expansions for Civ6, actually. Every Civ (except the first) has had 2 expansions, so they're probably done with 6 now.
    Wait what? What are the two expansions?

Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Just give me Animal Crossing Switch already.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    More Cyberpunk, and I assume buried somewhere more F1 2019, maybe even a final reveal on that since that's out before the end of June. New Xbox hardware, maybe. Too much to ask for Shenmue III to show up somewhere? That's not far away now.

Nothing much else leaping to mind, although I still hold out the vainest of hopes for Ubisoft to give us Watch Dogs 3 and a new Splinter Cell. I can dream. Maybe they'll ease some of my concerns about Ghost Recon Breakpoint, or maybe they'll double down on them.

Just wondering what MS' traditional "but before we go, here's one last thing" will be. They fuckin' aced that shit with how Cyberpunk was done last year.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I thought I heard somewhere that Watch Dogs 3 was quite likely this year since Assassin’s Creed was taking the year off

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    It's going to feel pretty weird not having a Sony conference.

I thought I heard somewhere that Watch Dogs 3 was quite likely this year since Assassin’s Creed was taking the year off

I missed that. Hope so. :+1:

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    What’s the over under for ridiculous “gameplay” trailers that’s no one believes for a fucking second? I still like e3 but it’s gotten to the point that I just assume all trailers are just made up nonsense that have nothing to do with the actual game.

That'll be next year with the new consoles.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb thought they were running late for E3 in the last Beastcast.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I want...

- Halo Infinite
    - Cyberpunk 2077
    - Release date for war3
    - some new vr games not for PS (They can be for ps but also for pc please)
    - Doom

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    someone @ me if there is Spelunky 2 news. That's literally all I care about.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    It won't be at any of the conferences but my far-fetched dream is seeing what the next stage of Etrian Odyssey is. Probably nothing on that 'til 2020 though.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    XCX port is the top of my "remotely possible" wishlist.

Realistically, I want to see what Monolith is working on, and I want something new that we haven't seen before but makes me go "must have that now".

I'm a Takahashi fan, so I'm also excited to see what, if anything, Monolith has been working on.

I'm probably the only one who wants Ubisoft to reveal a new Watch_Dogs. 2 was a really fun game, in a "Let's do Hackers, but make it 50% more believable" kind of way.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maybe they can do Shogo 2?

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm going to get Gamer Mad(tm) if they don't put a release date on Ori and the Will of the Wisps

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Give me anything about Starfield.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I’m hoping for a Doom Eternal release date and a look at Rage 2s DLC, and Xcom 3.

I’d be more excited for Sony’s show if I games on my PlayStation more, but I’m primarily PC these days.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »

Realistically, I want to see what Monolith is working on, and I want something new that we haven't seen before but makes me go "must have that now".

I'm a Takahashi fan, so I'm also excited to see what, if anything, Monolith has been working on.

I'm probably the only one who wants Ubisoft to reveal a new Watch_Dogs. 2 was a really fun game, in a "Let's do Hackers, but make it 50% more believable" kind of way.

2 was an incredible leap above 1. And the word that 3 is in London with a female protagonist and no guns is extremely intriguing.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Please Nintendo show me some SMT 5 stuff already it's been two years! Maybe three?

I know will shock you, but the Switch only came out 3 months ago.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This is what's obviously rumorconfirmed for E3:

Mother 3
    Mother 4
    Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch Edition
    Zelda Windwanker Switch Edition
    Daikatana 2
    Disgaea 6 PS3
    Persona Monster Shadow Hunter Monster
    Final Fantasy 8 Remastered for the PC, PS4, Xbox One X, and Vita
    Ace Attorney Apollo Creed Remastered Switch
    Ace Attorney Edgeworth Investigations 2 for the Switch in Japan
    Burgertime Remastered

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Please Nintendo show me some SMT 5 stuff already it's been two years! Maybe three?

I know will shock you, but the Switch only came out 3 months ago.

Nintendo Time (TM)

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

2 was an incredible leap above 1. And the word that 3 is in London with a female protagonist and no guns is extremely intriguing.

If they follow the pattern of the Assassin's Creed series, the third game will be the amazing one they should've made in place of the hyped-up almost-game that was the first in the series.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

No guns is a good step. I always try to be non lethal in Watch Dogs because killing people feels really at odds with the character.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    -Loki- wrote: »

No guns is a good step. I always try to be non lethal in Watch Dogs because killing people feels really at odds with the character.

Hey we got to take down this corporation by spreading our social media presence and hacking the system! Also using an AK and body armour to wipe out teams of security guards just doing their job

Prohass on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »

Hey we got to take down this corporation by spreading our social media presence and hacking the system! Also using an AK and body armour to wipe out teams of security guards just doing their job

Hey, I didn't kill anyone. I simply used social engineering to make violent gangs kill people. Because that's totally okay.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Honestly, forget Half-Life 3 and Chrono Trigger. My white whale these days is Pokemon Snap Switch.

I would fucking LOVE pokemon Snap switch. Seriously, Pokemon snap was such a great peaceful rail shooter, i'm shocked no ones ever tried to do the concept again.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

So..... October or November for DOOM? Halloween is a Thursday this year...

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Games I would like to see at E3:
    • Crimson Skies.
    • GTA 6.
    • Whatever Rocksteady is working on.
    • NFL 2K.
    • More RTS games.
    • A good, large playercount online shooter that is not a battle royale.
    • What games Obsidian and InExile are going to make with a proper (Microsoft) budget.
    • XCOM (DLC, expansion, sequel)

What I'm going to end up with:
    • F2P versions of normally buy to play games loaded with microtransactions.
    • Shooters still trying to bank on battle royale and Overwatch.
    • A 20 minute presentation on The Sims.
    • Dragon Age 4 with 12 versions (one being F2P) and 18 different launch dates. Will release a demo that teaches you what version to buy.
    • The George RR Martin x From Software colab is a game where every time you die it rewrites the ending.
    • CGI trailers and no gameplay

BONUS: Epic at E3 will announce
    • Every major franchise game for the next 5 years will be exclusive to EGS.
    • They created a streaming service.
    • Shopping cart.
    • They created a gaming console.
    • V-bucks becomes a worldwide legitimate currency.
    • Fortnite cartoon, movie, streaming series, manga, body pillows.

Didn't Bethesda have Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb at an E3 one time?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Didn't Bethesda have Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb at an E3 one time?

they had them host a pre/post show thing one year yeah.

edited May 2019
    I don't think I watched last years Devolver all the way through.

I think it would be funny if Gamespot and IGN did things in a retro way and confuse people.

Krathoon on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    All I remember from Devolver was a lot of blood and a Dreamcast? Or did I go insane?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    All I remember from Devolver was a lot of blood and a Dreamcast? Or did I go insane?

It's a Devolver show so it would be impossible to tell.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I haven’t watched e3 directly in years, I’m really vulnerable to cringe, I just enjoy the trailers

edited May 2019
    I get together on XBL with a couple of friends and we always watch the Xbox presser in a party. It's usually a good time, especially if we start hyping each other up, and MS generally put on a decent show. I freely admit I lost my shit at Cyberpunk last year.

E3 always gives me a twinge of nostalgia, as I was fortunate enough to go to it in 2001 and 2005 and have a lot of good memories from those occasions.

Jazz on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Oh man, I will not soon forget the E3 in which the Xbone and PS4 were announced.

Microsoft going on stage and committing public suicide. Followed by Sony simply telling everyone that the PS4 would be like the PS3 but slightly better and then everyone losing their shit in celebration.

Crazy times.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
This discussion has been closed.