As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax West badge date speculation

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    cbellevie wrote: »
    In queue before tweet tweet came in, fingers crossed!

same, I was F5'ing like crazy

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Right on schedule! Thank you Lord for it not being during surgery tomorrow!

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    The suspense, I'm just hoping 4 day passes are still available when I get through this line

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I'm in queue and the wait is killing me.

• Options
    Got what I wanted!

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Queue seems slow this year. In in seconds and still waiting.

• Options
    Anyone else see you can buy 6 sets now???

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Done, got what I wanted - 4 Day still available after I was out as came up on mobile.

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Mission complete!

Got my 4-day badge.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    Got my 4-days I needed! PHEW

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Got mine, 4 days still available

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Passes ordered and hotel room booked. Yay!

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Why does it let you buy 6 of everything when the limit is 4?
    RauJNCR.jpg

P.S. not going this year. I like keeping my skills up in case I decide to go back.

krae_man on
  • Options
    Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Got my 4-day, hell yeah. First PAX in 7 years, wooo! Good luck to everyone else!

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    This hotel situation sucks royally...again.

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Got my four days! Also the hotel is booked, another successful pax!

• Options
    MrSaucyPastaMrSaucyPasta Registered User regular
    Got my tickets! 😁

• Options
    edited May 2019
    If you're desired hotel isn't showing, just select the PAX dates. They have a weird thing about only booking within the show dates and emailing them if you need days outside of the show ones.

IncreaseBlue on
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    So apparently most of the hotels are only available during the event dates, and I guess at least the Hyatt was only available fri-mon. Ugh...

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    In within seconds, out in eight minutes, got four days. Done.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Tickets get, see y'all there!

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    Marino wrote: »

No issue with me, I am guessing this is user error

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Tickets acquired!

• Options
    SkeloticSkelotic Registered User regular

Yep. Had the Sheraton locked in but had to call to extend my stay. They didn't have the other days available at the Sheraton or Grand Hyatt so now I'm waitlisted for two of the days before PAX at the Hyatt Regency since that one had the most flexibility.

jokfidrftcm4.png

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Crowne plaza booked right before it vanished, i feel quite lucky.

And badges acquired, i can relax finally!.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    Tried hotel site with three different browsers - every time it doesn't work. :x

• Options
    krae_man wrote: »
    RauJNCR.jpg

P.S. not going this year. I like keeping my skills up in case I decide to go back.

I suspect a change that was not rolled out to us?
    Makes next year easier. Me and my friends won't need two groups watching and hoping

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    I3izzy wrote: »

Nope. A lot of stuff didn't even show up unless you saw the note on the side that said they kept everything to "event dates," and even then Sheraton was gone and the Hyatt was only Fri-Mon

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    WillshireWillshire Registered User new member
    Sheraton wasn't showing up for me at 11:50. Guess it's good I booked months ago, but I would've liked to have paid the convention rate.

• Options
    Welp, I grabbed the Crowne Plaza at least. Looks like another year of camping the site for a Sheraton reservation...

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    havok978 wrote: »

Nope. A lot of stuff didn't even show up unless you saw the note on the side that said they kept everything to "event dates," and even then Sheraton was gone and the Hyatt was only Fri-Mon

Then why did it let me book Sheraton for Thursday and I could have done Wednesday if i wanted?

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »
    RauJNCR.jpg

The limit this year is 6. They just fixed the text saying 4. (And tweeted about it.)
    And I assume they can't make it so if you by 6 4-days, you can't buy anything else, so everything is just 6 and you have to pay attention.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    LMAO. Four days are $8 dollars cheaper? Eight. Dollars. That's almost enough to cover one of the $12 "service" fees that have only existed since ReedPop took over! Monday is still as expensive as all other days even though it's a shorter day and they had to launch a "contest" last year to get people to buy Monday... Clearly learning lessons.

• Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    Grand Hyatt drove me insane - kept saying that rooms were available but returned nothing and didn't work.

• Options

Then why did it let me book Sheraton for Thursday and I could have done Wednesday if i wanted?

Maybe you have the golden touch. But only like three hotels showed up for me until I switched over to the "event dates" like the little note on the side said, and the Sheraton and Hyatt weren't there.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I had 4 different devices on queue :') I just refreshed on the last one I queued up on and 4 days still available! Got my separate day badges and booked the Olive 8. I never saw the Sheraton on the list, but Olive 8 is closer to the Annex entrance so happy. Also, the hotel site held up fine, knock on wood they transfer the booking correctly. Happy Pax, everyone!

SinoSamba on
    3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options

Maybe you have the golden touch. But only like three hotels showed up for me until I switched over to the "event dates" like the little note on the side said, and the Sheraton and Hyatt weren't there.

It's wildly inconsistent for me right now. Sometimes it'll show Thurs-Mon as available, click on the hotel and suddenly it's not available and you get redirected to look for something else.

• Options
    Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    LMAO. Four days are $8 dollars cheaper? Eight. Dollars. That's almost enough to cover one of the $12 "service" fees that have only existed since ReedPop took over! Monday is still as expensive as all other days even though it's a shorter day and they had to launch a "contest" last year to get people to buy Monday... Clearly learning lessons.

I'm pretty sure the small gap in cost is due to complaints in previous years about 4 individual day badges costing so much more than weekend badges.

zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Well that was more harrowing than usual. Thankfully finally got a Sheraton reservation so I could cancel the backup one at the Hilton. Sheraton was cheaper too, in addition to being closer.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I'm doing Olive 8 since Grand Hyatt didn't have Day 0. Also Olive 8 was like the board game area last year and I sorta feel like doing a bit more of that this year.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide