As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

1181920212224»

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    That guy's a legend, I love that clip.

The tension is unbelievable when the circle is next to smallest and you see the tiny dot that is the one-person sized final circle on the map , 10/10 game experience would recommend.

• Options
    aStoryAboutYouaStoryAboutYou Registered User regular
    my partner and I have been playing this game (on PS4) with me driving but them spotting things/suggesting the next move/essentially treating it like a choose-your-own adventure, and it's been a lot of fun, but a little isolating re: participating in the voice chat

we just got a mic so that we can both hear/contribute to chat audio and and it really, really makes it way better

also, won a game with a last minute kraber knockdown and a peacekeeper to close it out last night (both of which historically I'm super bad with) and just sat there bewildered for a solid minute

oWv6S12.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Let it be known that @Grey Ghost is officially the Murder King, having gotten an average of 3 kills in each of our three games this evening

For once we carried the randos in our squad, and it was weird, and also good

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So they put out a blog post about the future of the game and to not so subtly respond to that article about the crunch fortnite devs go under to maintain the public interest.

https://www.ea.com/news/an-update-on-apex-legends

The part that makes me wish I had chosen different words for the thread title is this:
    Additionally, in order to fully support Apex Legends, we are pushing out plans for future Titanfall games.

For context they were trying to get ahead of the mob saying other development(like say a Star Wars game) is taking people away from Apex.

As someone who is still playing a ton of Apex but loves Titanfall I am really conflicted about this.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, when Apex was revealed they said that a new Titanfall game was coming this year. Now we don't even know when it's showing up :(

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I know they said one was coming but I don't remember it being this year.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Star Wars: Jedi Outcast: Titanfall 3

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I don't know if people here are still playing, but they posted some stuff they're doing in the last two weeks of the battle pass and a tiny bit of info on the next one
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/buvs9h/limitedtime_event_coming_next_week_plus_first/

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I played a bunch of matches a week or two ago. Even if I haven't been actually playing often, it's still a really fun game I wish I played more of. That R301 skin is pretty cool.
    Dunno how I feel about the daily challenges. Like, I guess I can just ignore them if I want, but I've spent the last couple years playing games with a design emphasis on the effectiveness of their skinner boxes and I've grown pretty wary of them.

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    That wraith skin looks great. Glad they are going into a more interesting direction.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Hurray, I was hoping for a double XP event to grind out more battle pass

Boo, that's the one weekend when I"m mostly away!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    "Three entirely new content categories replace badge and stat tracker rewards." hmm yes ok, this is a good thing.

" Apex Elite Queue: Test yourself against the best with the Apex Elite queue. Make it to the Top 5 in any match to earn your way into a select queue full of other Top 5 winners.

Here’s the catch: in order to continue playing in the queue you will have to keep placing in the Top 5." Ok I guess, I'll try anything once!

Peen on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    "Three entirely new content categories replace badge and stat tracker rewards." hmm yes ok, this is a good thing.

This will improve the value of my 420 season 1 Bangalore damage and pathfinder kills which are current preventing me from playing those characters.