As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

1848586878890»

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Well, I guess the rainbow sticker on my badge is having the unintended but I guess not unexpected effect of customers starting conversations with me about it. Most of them have been awkward but fine, but one yesterday was quite a doozy.

This middle aged white man was saying
    “yeah, the plebiscite (Australia’s horrific and unnecessary vote on marriage equality from 2018), I can’t believe some people could be against gay marriage? I have a friend who voted no and I was just like, why?”

Which was fine I guess but definitely seemed to be angling for cookies, then he made a hard left turn into:

“I hate when people hide their views and pretend they’re not prejudiced. It’s better at least the Nazis were open about it”

I really wish I’d had the presence of mind to say “The nazis murdered millions of people, including many LGBT people, and actively destroyed research and knowledge that we haven’t got back even now” but all I could manage at the time was “Wow that’s quite a sentence”.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Sent a coming out message to my favourite aunt today. She responded with "I'd already guessed." I don't know if that's literally true or she just means she isn't surprised, but either way it's a relief. One more person ticked off.

Apparently this was in fact literally true. Turns out my mum was visiting her yesterday and today told me, "During dinner [aunt] actually asked 'Does [smof] want to be a boy?' and then half an hour later she got your message." Which, wow.

Anyway she (my aunt) messaged me today and offered to speak to my grandparents for me, and I took her up on it because for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to have that conversation, and then I got a phonecall from my grandparents saying they're fine with it and want me to be happy, only my grandad was kind of not making sense because he's had too many strokes and he can't get his words right, but it was pretty clear what he was trying to convey, and I think the only reason I didn't cry on the phone was because testosterone.

So today was a good day.

ah that's so good! I like it when people say they knew beforehand...

I am making progress with my transition stuff as well and went to court to get a name change hearing scheduled. I think I have to send out a certified mail thingie to my creditors in the next couple days, too? I should get on that. But of the three things I told myself I needed to do in order to make my life better (1. get a tattoo, 2. change my name, 3. get a cat) I have made solid progress now on 1 and 2. Still trying to figure out 3 and maybe I should wait until I keep skipping town to get work done on 1, heh.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Taylor Swift shared an open letter she wrote to her senator urging that the Equality Act be passed She's also put links in the bio of each of her social media profiles to a petition she started urging the Senate to support and pass the act
    Taylor wrote:
    Our country's lack of protection for its own citizens ensures that LGBTQ people must live in fear that their lives could be turned upside down by an employer or landlord who is homophobic or transphobic. The fact that, legally, some people are completely at the mercy of the hatred and bigotry of others is disgusting and unacceptable.

D78rQqzWwAEvzvz.jpg

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    After being a coward these past few years, I finally proposed to my fan-group that we make a public support of pride. Rainbows, donations, etc. I was a little worried I was inviting a "why do you have to make this into politics!?" reaction from at least somebody, but I got a majority vote to go-ahead with it! Not a single person voted against so it was effectively a shut-out!

I've decided to glitz-out our logo in identity flags and all the donations from our t-shirt store are going to go to Lost-n-Found Youth of Atlanta, an organization that houses and advocates for LGBTQI+ homeless youth.

So far I've gotten something I'm into out of the logo and I might swap the ghost out for the GB2 variant so I can have them holding nonbinary/genderqueer and asexual flags in their hand. Trying to get it to work in the lettering is overloading it, I think.
    39m2v7n3tytp.png
    e3v5bk4tm1es.png

I think I got it!
    b5zkv5leaa98.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I think that looks pretty good.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Now I'm sitting in bed and thinking about how this month is pride month but Atlanta celebrates in October and I just need to commit to going full rainbow tomorrow and maybe getting some enamel pins made for October so I can double dip the fundraising.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What's the purple, white, and green flag? And the one behind the trans flag colours? I think that's pansexual but not sure

• Options
    What's the purple, white, and green flag? And the one behind the trans flag colours? I think that's pansexual but not sure

Bisexual and pansexual are behind the trans skyline.
    The two flags are genderqueer/nonbinary (lavender, white, green) and asexual (black, gray, white, violet).

This discussion has been closed.