As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Crocosquig.
    Specially bred by goblin sky-pirates.

I could see some smaller Mawkrusha cousin.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    If they do new Seraphon models, I'd love them to reflect the new nature of the lizardmen as pure stellar arcane energy manifested in physical form. Maybe have some giant dinosaur that has wisps of starlight energy trailing off it's semi-materialized body. Though given the Seraphon are technically a classic army, I sort've don't expect much new stuff from them ever, any more than I would expect new high elf or Empire figures.

H9f4bVe.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I recently beat the Vortex campaign as Lizardmen :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BuTbMCrpQ&t=29s

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    It turns out, I'm triple dumb.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Progress report on my BCRs. I've finished feminizing the ogors (well, half of them; the other half remain dudes) and am now just fiddling with minor details on the mounts. Snapped two quick pics with my phone.

Here's the frostlady:
    mvjxdaf0k25v.jpg
    She is easily the fattest ogor in the force, as behooves a frostlady. I'll paint her with stomach peeking out under her shirt. She is so fat that she can't actually fit in her saddle; I've had to remove the pommel and am vacillating between extending it (by 50% or it will be too short) or modeling it so it appears the pommel is hidden underneath her enormous belly. Her stonehorn will be laden with all the food I can cram on it to signify her success and status.

v73ix9zo2ucd.jpg
    The frostlady's second-in-command and consort, rider of the thundertusk, with skaven advisor (counts as blood vulture). Ogor is stock, the skaven is made from the isle of blood warlord minus back banner (remade into the burning staff) and scenic base, and with a head swap.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i picked up some gloomspite models

Yesterday it was the premiere for Age of Sigmar 2nd edition and our traditional Battle for the Outhouse of Power! Disciples of Tzeentch vs Blades of Khorne vs Fyreslayers in a game of Triumph and Treachery!

You may notice that some Disciples look a bit out of place. They are being led by a Lord of Change after all.

EJ0dN8U.jpg

Ld3r6Co.jpg

QOSPH0I.jpg

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    (Crosspost from painting thread.)

My beastclaw raiders are ready for priming and painting.

The gang:
    5dpqitpeomxt.jpg
    (The white stuff is spackle to create a less even surface. Final product will be covered in "snow".)

The heads of all three stonehorns/thundertusks are magnitized (with giant 10 mm magnets). Only trick was how to get the riders to hold the reins. They'te different for stonehorn and thundertusk, and ultimately I replaced the reins with chains glued to the riders, and the other end magnetized. On two of the beasts I can attach/remove an extra rider. The riders are not attached to their saddles for ease of transportation. But everybody's equipment is fixed.

Frostlady on stonehorn:
    cwi6iczjree9.jpg
    lsixapucym8p.jpg
    ng1ilo40byrz.jpg
    As I said earlier, she's way too fat for her saddle (pommel should be where her belly is). But hey, she's an ogor. Goes with the territory.

I'm pretty happy with how I differentiated the two stonehorns:
    zqwkgkdig2tc.jpg
    l4430uub1elg.jpg
    iylw8sut4bit.jpg
    One of them is pushing through a pile of snow (actually spackle over foam). The frostlady is carrying more supplies (including a cow). I recut and repositioned the tail of the beast with two riders. , and its head is rotated 45 degrees compared to the frostlady's stock head.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    For me that's the most visually appealing Warcry band yet I think, though the snake gang is fun too.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Yeah I had no interest in Warcry once it was announced it was 100% Chaos.

Now I'm interested.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Bird is the word.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    i thought snake boys were awesome but these guys are amazing

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    My heart is big enough for both snakes and ravens.

My allotment of free time and cash is another question.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular

Now I'm interested.

I don't know if you missed it or if you just mean in terms of new models/factions, but they have said there will be rules for some existing non-chaos factions available in Warcry from the outset.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I just am not interested in what's on offer with Warcry. I dig these Raven dudes, but I was not looking for Necromunda AOS. I was looking for an actual Skirmish ruleset using existing models. I was looking for Kill Team AOS. I'm sure Warcry will be fine, maybe even fun, it's just not something I want or need. Just like Necromunda.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Now I'm interested.

I don't know if you missed it or if you just mean in terms of new models/factions, but they have said there will be rules for some existing non-chaos factions available in Warcry from the outset.

Yes (they mention this on the warcry page with a group of faction icons including things like loonspite grots, etc.) but I worry it will be half assed in comparison to boxed warbands.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Are the updated AOS skirmish rules from White Dwarf any fun? That might be an option.

No. It’s a mess of cut and paste from the little $10 Skirmish book from a year ago mixed with a trash fire of bad rules and units that clearly destroy the game.

The first version was... ok. The new version of Skirmish is just awful.

Nealneal wrote: »
    I just am not interested in what's on offer with Warcry. I dig these Raven dudes, but I was not looking for Necromunda AOS. I was looking for an actual Skirmish ruleset using existing models. I was looking for Kill Team AOS. I'm sure Warcry will be fine, maybe even fun, it's just not something I want or need. Just like Necromunda.

I dont think we know where its going to fall on the necro/KT spectrum yet, right?

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

I dont think we know where its going to fall on the necro/KT spectrum yet, right?

We should start getting some proper details soonish as it's meant to be playable at an open day on the 20th Jul.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Well, we know that it includes all new warbands unrelated to the mainline AoS factions with stories and histories of their own so to my eye, that’s just like Necromunda gangs.

But it also includes playable factions, or gangs if you will, from a selection of pre-existing armies, which reads more like Kill Team, we really don't have enough information to say one way or another. For all we know so far it might be like Underworlds and you have to play cards to move things around, we just don't know!

edited June 2019
    They only offered existing factions after the uproar about it being Chaos only. It’s clear from their advertising/hyping so far that this game will be focused on the warbands fighting for the favor of of the Everchosen. Any other factions are likely poorly executed (Like Chaos Cultists were originally in Necromunda). If they had cool stuff to offer for anything else, they would have already shown it.

Nealneal on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't follow the hype/news from AOS that much because I am just in the painting modeling phase still but wishing I could play
    How was there an uproar of it being only chaos as I had no idea what it was when it was first teased then when they showed the second warbands that the idea of it being a necromunda for aos came to mind

This was the original statement concerning the game:
    “In the game, you’ll follow the myriad tribes of Chaos – reavers and despoilers from every corner of the realms – as they make their dark pilgrimage to the Varanspire. Warcry explores a never-before-seen side of life (and death!) in the Age of Sigmar. Every model for this game is brand new, reflecting on the dizzying diversity of Chaos on a scale never attempted before and rooted in rich lore that realises the servants of the Dark Gods as deep and varied cultures.“

At the time there was no mention of other factions.

edited June 2019
    No. It’s a mess of cut and paste from the little $10 Skirmish book from a year ago mixed with a trash fire of bad rules and units that clearly destroy the game.

The first version was... ok. The new version of Skirmish is just awful.

I think this is a bit extreme. I think the game could have used a full fleshed out system. Basically the only real change is that every model has points now (which does fuck balance in a lot of places), and it severely limits the artifacts/trait choices you can get. No more order heroes self healing 2 wounds per fucking turn, etc. It fixed champion stacking which is good (stormcast could be real assholes to play against)

They really didn't change all that much I thought, what made it worse in your opinion? Maybe the people I play with don't min/max in the new fashion.

For warcry, I am in the same boat as necromunda, none of those gangs looked interesting or fun to paint, it was mostly generic dudes. We see warcry warbands and for the most part its been generic barbarians. They get so creative with their designs, and I have been really wanting a good skirmish system/game, and the models so far leave me going 'meh'. as we go on they are starting to look better, but I was expecting stuff like nurglings and blightkings, not just greyish dudes sometimes with a neat helmet.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    ABS: Always Be Slaying.
    BLLiveReveals-Jun1-GotrekMini1coiy.jpg

Pretty cool model, Gotrek needed a new one. Though I don't know why he's holding out a tiny little duardin effigy head-thing. Him just glaring straight ahead would've been cooler.

H9f4bVe.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    is that a special edition gotrek or are they actually releasing him for sigmar?

also when are we gonna get a damn archregent kit

Seems like it's just a model, no rules (yet). Lorewise Gotrek is actually in the Age of Sigmar, with new stories.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/01/black-library-live-the-reveals/

H9f4bVe.png
    I assume he'll be like the Severina Raine model for 40k from the last Black Library thing, so special edition but he will have AoS rules of some sort.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular

This was the original statement concerning the game:
    “In the game, you’ll follow the myriad tribes of Chaos – reavers and despoilers from every corner of the realms – as they make their dark pilgrimage to the Varanspire. Warcry explores a never-before-seen side of life (and death!) in the Age of Sigmar. Every model for this game is brand new, reflecting on the dizzying diversity of Chaos on a scale never attempted before and rooted in rich lore that realises the servants of the Dark Gods as deep and varied cultures.“

At the time there was no mention of other factions.

I don't really remamber an "uproar", but maybe I was in other parts of the internet and missed it. Anyway, they talked about rules for other factions being available from the start with like the first warband preview and they still aren't even through with previewing the models from all the warbands, I think. One is still missing, right?

Oh, preview for the open day on july, 20th is up and it will be the first time that Warcry will be available for playing it seems. I guess we'll have to wait until then to find out where the rules fall on the spectrum off Shadespire - Killteam -Necromunda. Pretty long run up for this

We're missing the two other Chaos warbands from Hysh and Aqshy I think.
    Iron Golems are Chamon, Untamed Beasts are Ghur, Splintered Fang are Ghyran, and Corvus Cabal are Ulgu.
    The supporting Black Library book will be six shorts stories featuring the six Mortal Realms Chaos factions.

I'm sure that this is exactly the game that some people wanted, but not me from what they've told us and shown.

I think this is a bit extreme. I think the game could have used a full fleshed out system. Basically the only real change is that every model has points now (which does fuck balance in a lot of places), and it severely limits the artifacts/trait choices you can get. No more order heroes self healing 2 wounds per fucking turn, etc. It fixed champion stacking which is good (stormcast could be real assholes to play against)

They really didn't change all that much I thought, what made it worse in your opinion? Maybe the people I play with don't min/max in the new fashion.

It's mostly that it's just thrown together with no real evidence of playtesting or anything. Opening the game up to the entire line just unbalances it super fast. There are so many units that do area effect Mortal Wounds vs. Units (and since every model is a unit...), that it just completely wrecks the game. I've played through a couple campaigns and games always ends up the same way, players running things that do huge areas of MWs and clearing the board. It's a race to Initiative to unleash your MW bomb first. The only good thing they did is slow down the progression of points gained per battle (since everything is it's full General's Handbook cost and they literally cut and pasted the Renown gained tables) so it doesn't have the runaway winner syndrome the first version of Skirmish could suffer from. I'm probably more than a little bitter since we went from having a rather robust Skirmish group before the new version and it just collapsed after the redo.

I can see it being tough trying to balance having too many options (which open the door for exploitation) and too few options (which make things boring) in a skirmish game. One of the reasons I didn't get super into Shadow War was because I was limited to a single model option.

Also, how do you guys pronounce Chamon? I pronounce it the way Micheal Jackson says "shamone" in his songs, which made playing Silver Tower hilarious (for me, probably not for the people I was playing with).

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I also always MJ it.

That and lasciviously growling Ghur.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Oh ok yeah I agree on the MW bomb stuff in skirmish, we try not to be that guy about it when making forces. We do use stuff like mw on a 6 (nurgle has a bunch of this) and such but we haven't had problems with like the SCE flasks when they are in play either. Overall it is definitely a half attempt at rules from the get go. We had a little bit of issues with runaway points for winning in the campaign, we pretty much stopped doing campaigns though because it was not balanced well. We haven't tried the new one yet but we want to soon. So I think I pretty much land where you are on it.

*crosses fingers for warcry being baller*

steam_sig.png
    I hope that...

1.) ...Warcry is good
    2.) ...if Warcry is not good that I can at least use the models in my BoK army
    3.) ...whether it's good or not the price for the starter set is the same as the price Killteam's box set launched at
    4.) ...there are extensive options for using currently existing AOS models as warbands so that it will be easier to find other people to play with

Yeah AoS skirmish as it is now is super janky, sadly. Kill-team style quick, simple, fairly tight gameplay but in AoS would be awesome.
    I love shadespire but gimme something where i can personalise and name my whole crew

Also the fact that the non-chaos warbands each have specific symbols on the graphic give me hope that they’ll be more integrated and less of an afterthought

Also the fact that the non-chaos warbands each have specific symbols on the graphic give me hope that they’ll be more integrated and less of an afterthought

My first thought is 'how did the >other> teams in blood bowl get treated when the latest version hit?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.