As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    The people who made Tattoo Assassins must have done something similar with Billy Two-Moons.

NNID: Rehab0
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I was working on saving up for that 10,000 soul chest and now suddenly it's 1,000. Now I've got all these souls. Just went on a soul chest spree.

Also, the area that unlocks for doing the elder god puzzle (that you need the previously 10,000 soul chest for) is uh... not worth it. There's nothing special down there. Just more chests full of randomized stuff. There's a heart chest down there that might have something good in it but I didn't have the hearts to open it. Also there's really annoying fire breathing spiders down there that kill you super fast. The area seemed arbitrarily gated off to artificially extend the game length.

I would have liked the Krypt a lot more if the chests had fixed rewards in fixed locations, and with really cool stuff gated behind the more difficult challenges, so you could set goals for yourself if you wanted something in particular you could work towards it. Instead its like... I just spent 10,000,000 koins 5000 souls and 3800 hearts on... a new color hat for Kung Lao. It almost feels like you're getting trolled sometimes.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the krypt is pretty cool for maybe like, the first 20, 30 minutes you spend in it, running into each location is cool, but ultimately it just becomes a really convoluted menu to open a bunch of random lootboxes

liEt3nH.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I think a lot of the koin kurrency stuff could be ameliorated just by increasing the amount of koins and rewards on an exponential time scale. Like every 4 hours of play double up the rate koins and stuff are earned. Just give that raw incentive for playtime, so you’re getting more of everything the longer you play.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Shang Tsung Kombat kast tomorrow

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    He was really cool!

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BSC3azbhQ8

Shang Tsung kombat kast. I'm loving his MK Movie skin. Also, that fatality is hella gross.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Nerfing his stolen krushing blows is fair but not letting him steal a down-2 KB really hampers the practicality of his soul steal. It would be a nice universal tool that doesn't require encyclopedic knowledge of the cast.

Also surprised all his ninja moves are gear abilities.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Nerfing his stolen krushing blows is fair but not letting him steal a down-2 KB really hampers the practicality of his soul steal. It would be a nice universal tool that doesn't require encyclopedic knowledge of the cast.

Also surprised all his ninja moves are gear abilities.

I mean... being familiar with a multitude of move sets in general is kind of requirement for (that version of) his playstyle.

I can't wait to see what utterly bonkers stuff the pros are going to do with him.

Ok some of these tower unlock requirements can fuck right off. Doing Scorpion's character towers and one of the requirements is perform 35 fatal blows with Scorpion. Seriously? I've gotten good enough (against the CPU anyway) that my health rarely dips low enough to enable a fatal blow. So I have to sit there and let the CPU wail on me until my health gets low enough that I can trigger the fatal blow. And you can only do that shit once per match. This is literally busy work and it's not fun at all. What were they thinking??

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    It used to be like 70 so count your blessings.

There’s a consumable for the whole tower that opens up x Rays at the start of the match. Give it to the AI on an endless tower and leave it running

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Kombat League! Fucking finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNu2kUEB25U

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I very briefly played around with Shang (on Xbone) last night before going to bed.

I don't think either of his competitive loadouts use the ninjas, which is a bummer. He feels fun, though. Slow but consistent projectiles and decent ways to get in on people. Have to play around more but I kinda dig him.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    this kombat league, I didn't realize this was coming but it's the exact type of thing that makes me want to play more than I have been. that is excellent news.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Kombat League is pretty cool, although one of the challenges being 10 daily challenges is kind of a bummer. Immediately went 7-0 with Shao Kahn and went back to Destiny. It was a good night.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Shang Tsung owns

I basically want to play Shang Tsung all the time. My execution is off on the variation I want to use, unfortunately (all ninjas). I find it tough to reliably link a follow up from the Super Kick.

On the actual legal variation I whip the llama's ass. It's so much fun, but I really want that three ninja rushdown.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah my brother was talking up how good Shang Tsung is, I'm gonna have to pickup DLC pass

In terms of tiers he’s definitely pretty good, but he just feels really... premium. his animations are all great, his costumes are great. They really nailed this.

The link (which I can get now) is f2 4 db4 amp b2 db1 amp bf 4

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Watching some clips on him on youtube and man is it jarring to hear a voice actor who's just GOING for it 100%.... and then hearing Rhonda Rousey.

I skip the fight intro 100% of the time when it's Sonya. I just cannot stand to hear it even for a couple lines.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Shang Tsung is not my style character, but they did a good job on him. I wish he was my type.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I feel fairly obligated to name my Shang Tsung variant “Dang Son It’s”

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I finally did all the tutorials and a chunk of story mode last night. also bought the kombat pack. then right before I bought shao kahn I remembered I'd pre ordered the game and found the unlock code in my email. yay.

does anyone know as far as story mode, does playing on super easy change what you earn at all? I just wanna complete everything asap but not if it'll cost me -whatever-. also now wondering, can I do character towers a second time? just did my first one and missed one of the rewards but I'm not sure if it's repeatable.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SledGodSledGod Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I finally did all the tutorials and a chunk of story mode last night. also bought the kombat pack. then right before I bought shao kahn I remembered I'd pre ordered the game and found the unlock code in my email. yay.

does anyone know as far as story mode, does playing on super easy change what you earn at all? I just wanna complete everything asap but not if it'll cost me -whatever-. also now wondering, can I do character towers a second time? just did my first one and missed one of the rewards but I'm not sure if it's repeatable.

Pretty sure character towers are repeatable and you can get better rewards based on performance, no idea how difficulty affects rewards though.

After multiple attempts with a few characters, I finally beat Kronika and completed a klassic tower with Kabal! Looks like he is my main now, is he pretty viable for a super new player? I'm doing alright memorizing his kombos and specials but I have no idea where to start with chaining attacks together.

I actually flawlessed Kronika the other day. She is a pushover and can be cheesed like the old school 2D bosses. I wonder if that was intentional? Hardest part of that fight is when she calls in her lackeys.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    SledGod wrote: »
    After multiple attempts with a few characters, I finally beat Kronika and completed a klassic tower with Kabal! Looks like he is my main now, is he pretty viable for a super new player? I'm doing alright memorizing his kombos and specials but I have no idea where to start with chaining attacks together.
    Mortal Kombat, as a whole, is a pretty good intro to Fighting Games for people. So, while I don't know Kabal specifically, the game as itself is very new player friendly.

The tutorials are probably the absolute best ones that have been in a fighting game since one of the old Virtua Fighter games (forget which) had an awesome tutorial.

As for Kabal specifically? He's one of the better characters in the game, but unsure how new player friendly.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I think my favorite fighting game tutorial is still Skullgirls, but yeah, MKX and 11 both had really great tutorials for some of the harder to understand mechanics.

Local H Jay on
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    i'm sure there will a billion clips, but holy shit the pop-off in this scar vs. buffalo match

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So are they going to add something to spend your hearts on after you have all the chests? I have like 20 thousand now

Now that I’m playing online I get the hate for scorpion

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    As a Scorpion player, I get the hate for Scorpion.

edited July 2019
    Tried online, oh man I’m real bad

Prohass on
    -Loki- wrote: »
    As a Scorpion player, I get the hate for Scorpion.

As a Shang player (and only an ok one) I'm pretty reliant on being able to
    A. zone
    B. punish jumps

and the fact that he can blow up my zoning and cancel a jump into that teleport is a bit too much. I know that once I learn those tricks I'll rock him but it's a real slog.

Prohass wrote: »
    So are they going to add something to spend your hearts on after you have all the chests? I have like 20 thousand now

Holy crap. How? I feel like I'll never have enough hearts to unlock all the chests. They come so slow.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Once you've played for a while you have a crazy amount of them. If you mercy someone and then get a brutality I think you get 8, and there are all sorts of augments etc to add to that in SP.

Prohass wrote: »

Holy crap. How? I feel like I'll never have enough hearts to unlock all the chests. They come so slow.

I think mainly just a lot of uppercut brutalities and like using modifiers that give you extra. Also yeah I played a lot of the towers for a while, like a lot a lot

I really gotta find these augments and stuff that give extra hearts. Those damn heart chests are pretty much all I have left in the krypt.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg