As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Tbh I feel like we’re about due for another “drunk idiot getting knocked out by a pro athlete” moment; I’m ready

If it’s a rich dude with courtsides, bonus

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Uh, wow. Iggy is starting tonight and so is Boogie?

That’s, yikes Golden State.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Raptors falling apart

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    yeah that was a long run without any points

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Van Gundy and Jackson are the worst announcers in sport. I can’t even watch this game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Klay is hurt

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Van Gundy and Jackson are the worst announcers in sport. I can’t even watch this game.

Mute the sound. I did that sometimes with A's games back when I used to watch them regularly. You can even try to sync up the audio from another broadcast, like the radio or something, if you're desperate for in-game ambiance.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Mute the sound. I did that sometimes with A's games back when I used to watch them regularly. You can even try to sync up the audio from another broadcast, like the radio or something, if you're desperate for in-game ambiance.

ESPN’s multicast on Apple TV has been great for this, because I have the game on, but the sound is on for a college baseball game on the other side of the screen.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I love VanGundy but can't stand Jackson. VG and Breen is usually my favorite group.

That might be the worst call in history. Vanvleet pushes off, falls over, and they call a foul on curry. Barely even in the play.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Bad calls left and right tonight. At least it's going both ways.

Einzel wrote: »
    Bad calls left and right tonight. At least it's going both ways.

Any game with Scott foster and tony brothers at the same time is basically asking for the worst possible version of basketball.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    That might be the worst call in history. Vanvleet pushes off, falls over, and they call a foul on curry. Barely even in the play.

OF ALL TIME!

burbo on
    Any more injuries and Curry is just going to start shooting from under Toronto's basket.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    My issue with Drake is that it sets a bad precedent. Fans should not touch players. I don't care who they are or how wealthy they are.

I don't agree it sets a bad precedent at all. Drake is not an average fan and he's friends with most of these guys.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Maverick Carter is LeBron's friend but if I saw him on the court talking to LeBron and stuff during a game that'd be weird.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I absolutely think it's weird, just don't agree it sets a precedent.

Drake doing what he's doing doesn't set a precedent for Joe Beerkeg to do the same.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So uh

Are the Warriors able to sign dudes so they have enough players to put on the court?

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Looney is supposedly going to be back for game three, Klay played through a sprained ankle last finals.

Hamstring is a bit more serious though, so I don't know how they want to risk it.

The Warriors were lucky that Klay put up his 25 before he went out or I don't know if they would have squeaked this one out.

Curry basically spent the entire game being double or triple teamed and still only had the one turnover while sick and putting up okay numbers so that is promising for them at least.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Klay said he expects to play in Game 3. KD is DTD and could be back for Game 4 I remember reading.

This is probably an effect of how slow Toronto looked in the second half as anything else but damn...

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    So uh

Are the Warriors able to sign dudes so they have enough players to put on the court?

Teams must have minimum 8 players at start of game, otherwise they can sign players to ten day contracts to fill spots temporarily.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    So uh

Teams must have minimum 8 players at start of game, otherwise they can sign players to ten day contracts to fill spots temporarily.

"We picked up this guy from the D League. Jebron Lames"

edited June 2019
    Warrior's Game 2 ailments:
    • Kevin Durant (cupcake)
    • Stephen Curry (bored)
    • Klay Thompson (sad everyone else gets the spotlight)
    • Andre Igoudala (pouting because teams won't guard him)
    • DeMarcus Cousins (mad that Drake gets more drama)
    • Kevon Looney (mad he actually has to play doesn't get to play)
    • Drake (Drake)

EDIT:

Dirtyboy on
    edited June 2019
    the real shame is that kawhi dropped his shoulder into looney so hard as to lift him off his feet and apparently break his collar bone and it was somehow a blocking foul.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Depending on the ref, if a defender's feet are moving at all you can pretty much truck them into next week.

Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Depending on the ref, if a defender's feet are moving at all you can pretty much truck them into next week.

that's because refs are bad, dropping the shoulder or extending the elbow are offensive fouls as long as you're in a legal guarding position.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Good luck with that during playoffs.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    D8LYysYW4AA8uwc.jpg

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2019
    "And then at the end of the fight if he loses he just yells out, 'MY FIGHT MONEY!'"

Raijin Quickfoot on
    One of my favorite things about Melo when he was a Knick was when he would grab a rebound and yell "GIMME ME THAT SHIT" I believe it was.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    "Board man gets paid" will be very profitable in the meme economy we must invest now

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    "Board man gets paid" will be very profitable in the meme economy we must invest now

ys2y13432i0s.png

That's what you get when I'm at work and on my phone.

Real quality

Shoulda did it tomorrow.

Michael Jordan was allegedly a legendary shit talker to opposing players and fans.
    The details are somewhat nebulous, but they make all the difference. The story goes something like this:

Despite being an all-time great, Stockton only stands 6-foot-1, which is meager by NBA standards. A disgruntled Jazz supporter took this into account, yelling at Jordan to “pick on someone your own size,” or something along those lines.

Jordan obliged. And poor Mel Turpin, Utah’s backup center, suffered the consequences.

Turpin stood 6-foot-11, almost a foot taller than Stockton. As he ran back down the floor, Jordan turned to the heckler and mouthed, “Was he big enough?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZivJ0d8Rjw
    One time we played in Washington. We played a five game series against the Bulls. It was the year they won 72 games. We lose all three games by a total of seven points. I saw Michael Jordan come into our locker room with a cigar, while it was lit, and said, ‘Who’s going to check me tonight?’ And we looked at Calbert Cheaney and we were laughing like little school kids knowing that Calbert Cheaney was going to get him, we knew it wasn’t a game for Mike. He was going to be there and he was going to be playing like he said. Game Three we get off the bus and Juwan (Howard) is from Chicago and used to workout there. I’ll never forget, Jordan was sitting on his Ferrari and Pippen was right there and they have a cigar lit. We get off the bus and we have to pass them with a lit cigar. You want to talk about posturing? Forget Phil Jackson. You got Michael Jordan there behind the scenes smoking a cigar before the game, letting us know that he’s the Red Auerbach before the game even started. It was almost like, ‘I lit the cigar. I’m celebrating already. This is just a formality, you guys getting on the court tonight.

Bird was a legendary shit talker a well.

This discussion has been closed.