As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're all just doing our best for our [Kids]

19495969798100»

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    As others have said, spotting is common and benign in a whole bunch of healthy pregnancies.

I think it would be dishonest for us to not acknowledge, though, that a lot of pregnancies do end in the first trimester. Miscarriages are more common than people know, because generally women don't spread the news of their pregnancy in the first weeks, and a lot of women don't realize they are pregnant that early. I don't want you to hear what we're saying and assume there definitely won't be anything that comes up, only for that to crash due to reality.

Again though, spotting is super common :). Nothing to freak out about. And even if the doctor's office won't schedule an appointment until week 8, that doesn't mean they won't take a call for advice!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    As others have said, spotting is common and benign in a whole bunch of healthy pregnancies.

I think it would be dishonest for us to not acknowledge, though, that a lot of pregnancies do end in the first trimester. Miscarriages are more common than people know, because generally women don't spread the news of their pregnancy in the first weeks, and a lot of women don't realize they are pregnant that early. I don't want you to hear what we're saying and assume there definitely won't be anything that comes up, only for that to crash due to reality.

Again though, spotting is super common :). Nothing to freak out about. And even if the doctor's office won't schedule an appointment until week 8, that doesn't mean they won't take a call for advice!

There is a reason that common advice is to not start sharing your pregnancy until after the first trimester. Granted, everyone I know has always broken that suggestion with at least one or two friends, which is really useful to have their support if something goes wrong.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    spoilers for miscarriage talk if it bothers anybody
    Before the birth of my daughter, I had a miscarriage.
    Had been trying for a while, and was just about to look into fertility issue when I got pregnant. I found an OBGYN right away, and saw her when I was barely a month pregnant. At about month 3, had the first ultrasound. The technician said that it looked like my timing had been off, and they didn't see the development they were expecting. So I scheduled another one for a few weeks later, and went to work. Had bad spotting afterwards, and the doctor referred me to the local hospital. Confirmed the next day that it was a miscarriage.
    But then I got pregnant with my daughter a few months later.
    A couple years later, when trying for a younger sibling, I found I was pregnant. I didn't go to the doctor during the first trimester this time (insurance change, so I was looking at new doctors), and had some bad spotting. I was convinced it was another miscarriage, especially since my pregnancy symptoms were different this time. So I just went to the hospital. They did an ultrasound, and determined that the placenta was just in an odd spot. Everything turned out OK. Went to the OBGYN after that, and things progressed well.
    Not sure how things work in your area/with your insurance, etc. But my local hospital was fine with me going in to check out possible miscarriage situation. I got a lot of support.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
This discussion has been closed.