As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Look at this people lvl100ing clearly fantastic meta choices instead of Waifus and Husbandos...

Okay, you probably also grailed him because he's cool as hell.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    The "Grandpa Hassan" comics helped a lot too.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So either I should throw money at the summer gacha or I shouldn't spend a red cent until Shimosa, because this is what I pulled tonight:

nvAmoAg.png

This is unbelievable luck for me.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    New interludes in JP. Raikou looks the most ludicrous because her crit star gather skill now also increases her crit strength.

That's gonna be nuts

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm happy to see Okki, Arthur, and MHXA get buffs, but the Raikou one is something else. It's not like she needed one!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    One more Instinct gone

The buff is... pretty decent I guess

Osakabehime still seems kinda bad but at least now she has a decent party crit damage buff?

MHXA gets... Okay moving on...

Wu Zetian gets a NP boost woo

Raikou and Wu Zetian probably the winners this time around

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Where's the MHX buff to go with the MHXA buff?

MHXA's buff is interesting and good but a little gimicky.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    the health regen part is good, the crit damage part is honestly a bad joke

Maddoc wrote: »
    the health regen part is good, the crit damage part is honestly a bad joke

How so? when you have 50 stars, the crit is guaranteed no matter the star weight.

Plus, she heals 7500 HP now.

edited June 2019
    Oh boy, all you need to do is get a huge amount of crit stars and then you've got a kind of low crit strength buff

Awesome

The heal is good, the crit damage is trash

EDIT: Honestly, the funniest part is that this is the same update where they decided Arthur and Raikou should get self 50%/60% crit damage buffs for three turns, and Osakabehime should get a party 50% crit damage buff for 3 turns

And then MHXA gets a rock

Maddoc on
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Wooo, got Raikou and Emiya Alter on my second pull

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Good grief. "Berserkers are squishy, maybe I'll save my pulls for Tamamo rate up. But I suppose I can try a couple times in case of useful CE."

First: Charles Babbage
    Second: Raikou

Well OK then.

(Also realized my Assassin support was empty... Shuten-Douji being my only bonus servant this time, she should probably go there.)

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Threw five tickets and got...Emiya (Assassin) which, hey, you know what, I'll take him. Maybe next time, Raikou.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Berserkers are squishy, but that's why you bring in support units to tank/heal/defensive buff. Even just putting in a Georgios makes them a lot more survivable.

...Or you can just do what I often end up doing and making a team of three Berserkers to buster chain through weaker nodes and hopefully survive.

AOE Berserkers also have the advantage of, well, being well-suited for three-turn farming setups. You don't need defense if nobody survives to attack you, after all, and since Berserkers have advantage against nearly all classes they're one of the best choices for mixed nodes (e.g. hands).

I did a single pull since Raikou, Demiya, and our favorite actually-smart valley girl foxgirl is on the banner.

I got my 5th Rama.

You know what, I'm fine with that.

Ozymandias and Quetzalcoatl pair together surprisingly well against this green oni

Used up my 13 tickets, got valleyfoxgirl and a fourth Emiya.

And I just finished max levelling all my servants, dammit. Getting two Alter Egos and their lack of bonus EXP was bad enough, now it's back to the ember mines the moment the event is over.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Gamepress did some calculations shoeing Medb has the most damaging NP against the first raid boss, so I've been using her with Nightengale and a support Merlin

It's been going alright so far, though I wonder if I could do it faster.

8eU9s2q.jpg

Charisma is still at 7 and Guts is still at 6 because of Seed Hell. But it's a start.

Yay for +100% Crit Damage and +500% Absorption on a 4 turn cooldown..

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I decided to throw quartz in for event CEs to take the edge off farming this time, and the third pull got me Raikou. I don't think I'm allowed to complain about the gacha anymore.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Everyone is allowed to complain about the Gacha

It is law

Also, I love how many folks are bringing Raikou home

Enjoy your murder moms!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Are we sure Raikou's at 5* rates on this banner?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Ergh, still not rolling for anything, I have to be strong.

I can only wait for Anniversary GSSR.

One look at my support lineup and I'd feel like a real ass complaining about my gacha luck, even though I haven't gotten a 5* since like... Babylonia

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    After managing to get both Musashi and Hassan at the beginning of the year, I'd still be fairly satisfied if I didn't get anyone else noteworthy for the rest of the year.

There's still a few banners that I'm looking forward to this year, though. The only question is whether or not I will try to roll for NP upgrades for either of those two.

I'm saving for Summer, hoping for Nobu, Nito and Raikou

I'm afraid I might be cursed for that, though

I broke my iron rule of not buying merch for servants I don't own when a real life Gacha machine gave me a Summer Nito pin

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm saving for Summer, hoping for Nobu, Nito and Raikou

I'm afraid I might be cursed for that, though

I broke my iron rule of not buying merch for servants I don't own when a real life Gacha machine gave me a Summer Nito pin

I should be getting my Nero Nendoroid I ordered right before the summer banner starts, so hopefully I can use that as a summoning catalyst.

IKknkhU.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

It is law
    No there's definitely a few people here who really aren't allowed to complain about the gacha. ;P

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Can I complain about how the Saber oni has resistance to Arts, which is basically 90% of the good Archers?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

It is law

Remember that time on the last summer banner where I did a total of 135 pulls and got two 4*'s?

That was fun.

...please, dear god, be a little kinder to me this summer.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Can I complain about how the Saber oni has resistance to Arts, which is basically 90% of the good Archers?

And how the caster oni had resistance to quick AKA Rider Kintoki? Yes, yes you can. It's so aggravating and 3m takes so much fucking longer than Rashomon because of this shit.

...Are the oni weak to Gil?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

And how the caster oni had resistance to quick AKA Rider Kintoki? Yes, yes you can. It's so aggravating and 3m takes so much fucking longer than Rashomon because of this shit.

...Are the oni weak to Gil?

It's the gimmick to get you to use the raid consumables.

They are not, but he still chunks them pretty good. Decided to try a Raikou solo DPS with the usual suspects for support because hey she's got a damage bonus.

She absolutely destroyed that oni. Her NP Brave Chain took 3/4 of the 6m HP and the following round she sucked up all those stars and obliterated the remainder

Yeah the whole event is just "Use Raikou to wreck everything" if you have her, her Mystic Slayer works on them as well

Raikou wrecks everything, but also Nobunaga wrecks the final boss so hard.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm not having a great time so far, I've forgotten what setups I used last time. I don't have any of the good single target Servants on the list. And I don't have Waver ready to go yet, to just grab a friend to do the damage.

uyvfOQy.png
    Using the Servants on the list isn't all that important once you've got a lot of CEs. If you got MLB from last time around, the base amount is +550%. Since most Servants just give +60%, that's just a +9.2% damage increase over using a non-event Servant. The bonus is more relevant if you've got less CEs (each non-MLB gives +50%, so you could also replace with item CEs), but yeah.

...Actually, now that I look at the numbers I should totally just replace Chloe with Euryale for this event, huh. (Orion would be fine as well, but her anti-male bonus is additive with the CEs rather than Euryale's multiplicative.)

Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm not having a great time so far, I've forgotten what setups I used last time. I don't have any of the good single target Servants on the list. And I don't have Waver ready to go yet, to just grab a friend to do the damage.

Today's raid has Euryale, Rider Kintoki and LuBu as the top 3 most damaging choices! Plus the best one for the third raid is Assassin Shiki.

Oh yeah, right, remember that if you use a Servant whose NP doesn't match the boss' defence you just get a free +50% Quick on Kintoki or +50% Buster on Lu Bu or whatever rather than just bringing Euryale up to default.

This is also why the third raid is going to be dead-easy, because buster resist doesn't do shit against Shiki.

I should try out my Hijikata too. He only has the 60% damage bonus, but mine is NP2. Skills aren't leveled but...

His NP should do ridiculous damage here.