As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wilkins Instant [Chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have been playing guitar so long I forgot how it is to grind for even basic, incremental musical progress

I have ~18 years with a significant chunk where I was dormant/minimal

I used to play for 10 hours a day

Obviously I can’t do that now but since coming back I’ve developed some mean finger licking skills, the ability to solo, and an intimate understanding of effects pedals

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Tried Twitch Sings, immediately going to see a surgeon to destroy these cursed vocal cords such that I never have to listen to my recorded voice again

I mean, I definitely have that problem but I decided to sing anyway

it's awkward putting my weakass voice next to someone like sniperguy who actually has pipes but I really like to sing so I figured what the hell

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I have been playing guitar for probably 16 or 17 years and I stopped improving about 8 years ago, maybe 10

Mostly because I stopped listening to music

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    comic.php?date=03122003

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have been playing guitar for probably 16 or 17 years and I stopped improving about 8 years ago, maybe 10

Mostly because I stopped listening to music

Yeah that’s a death knell

Part of why I’ve been listening to much metal is that it does thing I never thought to do/didn’t know how

If you’re not listening widely you definitely stagnate

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Kitty trying his top rope elbow drop on the dog. She fell for it.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    *insert animu here*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Reposting this because it is still excellent deserves another watch.

https://youtu.be/J9Q3i5w6-Ug

this was dope af

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I forget, is the ruling that we’re supposed to wait for the lock post

Or can someone lead us forward, out of the darkness

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I think this piano arrangement might be too hard for me. I spent 30 minutes learning one bar and I don't even have it yet.

i'm over a year into learning this sonata!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    god, i wish canada had uncapped high speed internet at a reasonable price

you'd think that's something canada would do, but no

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Oh, no. We have crossed the threshold.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    C’mon page 1000
    you are a dreamer

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Outer Wilds is super cute and interesting and feels so far

It also runs kind of choppy on PC? Anyone else?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Organichu wrote: »
    I forget, is the ruling that we’re supposed to wait for the lock post

Or can someone lead us forward, out of the darkness

There can never be dueling threads; to create one on your own would do nothing but create chaos and confusion and ultimately sully the sanctity of the chosen succession. Just ride it out until you start feeling the effects of the gatorade

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    This is what I'm trying to get:

https://youtu.be/C_A25ql9YEE

I loved the music from west world

Like all of it. The the first, and second, scenes to paint it black were probably the best tho

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Please no quoting cuz my IRL name is in it (I'll take the link down in a bit), but I'm getting close to done and I wanna share this:

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    wow shark i'm genuinely surprised you're this much of a reverse racist

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Please no quoting cuz my IRL name is in it (I'll take the link down in a bit), but I'm getting close to done and I wanna share this:

Good on you for doing this but I would personally, when arranging my arguments, put the War on Drugs last after building up with juvenile records / criminal justice system, as TWOD naturally acts as an applied instance of how the crim system interacts with race, not to mention that for many laypeople the idea of the war on drugs being a racial thing immediately makes them skeptical. You need to build up to that hazy, nuanced idea with exposition and leading evidence

Also looking at criminal stuff is a great start but I want to see a reference the many studies about how black-sounding names get fewer job interviews after controlling for experience (e.g., https://www.nber.org/papers/w9873) if you want to take a broad survey of systemic structural issues

Also I want a full confessional of every time you participated in klan activities

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    let me just get my red pen for brutally frequent strikethroughs and triple question marks over punctuation that displeases me

Organichu on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You know if I ignore all the negative effects of only eating 2 slices of toast over more than 3 days, I am actually feeling pretty good.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

Good on you for doing this but I would personally, when arranging my arguments, put the War on Drugs last after building up with juvenile records / criminal justice system, as TWOD naturally acts as an applied instance of how the crim system interacts with race, not to mention that for many laypeople the idea of the war on drugs being a racial thing immediately makes them skeptical. You need to build up to that hazy, nuanced idea with exposition and leading evidence

Also looking at criminal stuff is a great start but I want to see a reference the many studies about how black-sounding names get fewer job interviews after controlling for experience (e.g., https://www.nber.org/papers/w9873) if you want to take a broad survey of systemic structural issues

Oo thanks! I did talk in depth about Devah Pager’s famous study but more data is better!

I honestly thought the war on drugs would be the easiest argument to make, hence why i led with it. Might be just my liberal bubble but i figured it was an easier sell compared to juvenile stuff, bail, police interactions, violent offenses etc

• Options
    shark i really can't begin to communicate my rage that you're a good person

• Options
    wow shark i'm genuinely surprised you're this much of a reverse racist

Are you though

• Options

Come say it to my face

(I miss you)

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    hmm se++ actually having an anime thread again kinda ruins the thrill of post 100 chat

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Come say it to my face

(I miss you)

2tp1ul262svw.jpg

look what spirit nicknames their a321

it's a sign : (

Organichu on
  • Options
    Omg

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Eddy wrote: »

Oo thanks! I did talk in depth about Devah Pager’s famous study but more data is better!

I honestly thought the war on drugs would be the easiest argument to make, hence why i led with it. Might be just my liberal bubble but i figured it was an easier sell compared to juvenile stuff, bail, police interactions, violent offenses etc

Oh, ok - I just wanted to highlight the systems that aren't police/crime/legal issues that black men face for perhaps like, optics reasons, particularly economic/labor discrimination, but labor is a soft spot for me

I don't know what the average white American's thoughts on TWOD's interconnectedness with blackness is, as accepted of a concept as it is amongst progressives and the black community, but regardless it's a rather reified and concrete policy to discuss whereas the other topics are more generalities that set the scene for why TWOD would be particularly impactful, but it's really a matter of rhetorical preference I suppose

Eddy on
  • Options
    also 109 dollars, the fuck

i have paid more than that for a night of tapas in chicago, kek

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Sir Landshark That is a really well-written and well-researched and clear article. Thank you for taking the time to do it!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Who was in here being like "who even watches video essays"

Video essays are great

They occupy your: brain, eyes, and ears! This is optimal. If ears only I need something else to do with my hands and eyes.

It's like having a friend explain a subject they're passionate about to you, except instead of having to suddenly pull out all their arguments and go on 8 tangents to explain the thing your friend has somehow organized their information into discreet points, as well as providing visual aids and citing their sources. Some quality control is of course necessary. Just like how you should not be friends with lame people who have terrible opinions and just start shouting periodically, you should also not watch video essayists who do those things.

I didn't care about video essays at all until I saw HBomb's explanation of why Sherlock is bad (2hrs long) but now I love them. HBomb's video on Lovecraft is perhaps a better example though. I don't know anything about Lovecraft! But that video was very very interesting & accessible to me and I learned a lot of things which was cool!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.