As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Somewhere around 4-4.5k vit usually, or about 800k hp. Being int, especially with Stand Alone, focus on armor enchants instead of all res.

Do you have Dayntee’s belt? If you’re using the standard build, you could swap out some of the speed for toughness. Get bone armor dislocation for stuns, cursed scythe for free decrep/leech, Aquila instead of steuarts/frostburns.

Really though, in the absence of land of the dead cheese or in-geom’d bone armor spam, necro’s best defense is just more damage. For that build, having higher levels for pain enhancer and efficacious toxin is crucial.
    Just for the record, 4.5k Vit won't get you anywhere near 800k health unless you have a crapload of +% Life on your gear (like 60%+).

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh man, the generator build isn’t lazy at all!

I meant this one https://www.diablofans.com/builds/91050-lazy-mancer-t13-bounty-build-patch-2-6-4
    Ah, that looks pretty good, I can aim for that. Thanks!

• RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I ditched LoN and switched over to the UE multishot build. Need to start leveling some gems and find a restraint, and spend some time rerolling some of my gear. I can murder things off-screen in T13, but if I even look at an enemy attack or effect I'm dead. I did roll through a 70 to unlock primals, at least.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    I ditched LoN and switched over to the UE multishot build. Need to start leveling some gems and find a restraint, and spend some time rerolling some of my gear. I can murder things off-screen in T13, but if I even look at an enemy attack or effect I'm dead. I did roll through a 70 to unlock primals, at least.

To get even more damage (and tankier) than Focus/Restraint is to run Stone of Jordan with 10 Discipline, Hellfire Amulet with a useful Secondary Skill, and Elusive Ring.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    This excites and intrigues me.

The fun part is getting a good Elusive Ring with high damage mitigation and the 10 on the Stone of Jordan.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Been playing this heavily for S17 and just got over GR 90 with my impale demon hunter. This is my first time playing an impale build at it really interesting, I had a harder time at GR 70 since I would 1 shot everything and have serious hatred issues, and kept losing my Aquila Cuirass buff.

Ethea wrote: »
    Been playing this heavily for S17 and just got over GR 90 with my impale demon hunter. This is my first time playing an impale build at it really interesting, I had a harder time at GR 70 since I would 1 shot everything and have serious hatred issues, and kept losing my Aquila Cuirass buff.

Yeah the DH Impale is a fun yet frustrating build. I tended to run it without the Fan of Knives and put a generator in for lower levels where I would lose too much Hatred. That way I could still poke monsters in the eye and stay alive. Lately I tend to run UE up till around 70s then swap over to Shadow for higher.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Oh man, the generator build isn’t lazy at all!

I meant this one https://www.diablofans.com/builds/91050-lazy-mancer-t13-bounty-build-patch-2-6-4
    Ah, that looks pretty good, I can aim for that. Thanks!

The best part about this build is, with 3 simple swaps you can have an unkillable yellow rift farmer/bounty farmer.. though it may struggle a teeny bit against bosses.

Swap belt for goldwrap
    Swap CoE for Avarice band
    Swap stricken for boon of hoarder.

I used that build to farm bounties and yellow rifts while watching TV, even works when doing it in groups, because you should get most killing blows anyway, and you'll have people along to kill the boss in case it is taking too long ;)

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    Betsuni wrote: »
    The fun part is getting a good Elusive Ring with high damage mitigation and the 10 on the Stone of Jordan.

I assume you're running CoE in the jewelry slot? I've got a 193 CoE equipped, so I could probably dump the elusive ring in the cube and just have to fuck around with the SoJ.

Russad wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

I assume you're running CoE in the jewelry slot? I've got a 193 CoE equipped, so I could probably dump the elusive ring in the cube and just have to fuck around with the SoJ.

Yep, sorry about that. You can wear whichever is better (CoE or ER) and have the other in the cube.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Started the season as WD but I got frustrated with how long it took to complete rifts/GRs so I rerolled and went DH

here's where I am at, can probably clear 105+ but I'm mega glass cannon

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    rumors coming out along with news of the cancellation of some sort of unrevealed starcraft FPS project is that blizzard will finally have a diablo 4 to show at blizzcon this year

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Diablo 4 is the new Half Life 3

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Wow, what a way to find out about new titles from Blizz.

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125

Starcraft FPS shut down, focus now on Overwatch 2 and Diarblo 4.

H9f4bVe.png
    Ghost 2: Electric Boogaloo!

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is that mobile Diablo still happening or did the negativity kill it?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    full steam ahead on diablo mobile as far as I know

BahamutZERO.gif
    full steam ahead on diablo mobile as far as I know

Till they kill it right before launch.

oosik_betsuni.png
    It is kind of weird how little we've heard/seen about it since Blizzcon.

Yeah, I wish they would have launched it by now. But not having to wait till BlizzCon to play it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I got a pair of set pants for my pity primal. Could be worse.

steam_sig.png
    Got my first dropped primal of the season. Some useless 2 hander. :/

I still haven't had a primal drop (other than the free one) this season. I don't expect it to be a useful item, but I'd still like one :D

I mastered my last Monk set dungeons tonight, which means I now have 100% set dungeon completion. Now to get two conquests and the other junk I need to get my stash slot. I guess I'll start hoarding bounty caches for Avarice.

I'm hoping I can piece together enough ancients to pull off The Thrill.

I'm mostly done this season on the Switch, still need to do 1 more conquest (already did the Thrill and Avarice), run a bunch of GRs to level some gems, and go finish a set dungeon. Can't decide if I want to level up an alt and do one of the set conquests, or level up an HC char and push for the Thrill.

Popped on the PC to see where I was at, and realized I had rebirthed a character and never did anything with it. Someone in a public channel was offering PLs, so I hopped in. Once we hit 70 he ran us through a T16 vault and then two GR80's, so I went from nothing to over 200 paragon with a stash of ancients and loads of gold. Should help me get motivated to finish out the PC season too.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I mastered my last Monk set dungeons tonight, which means I now have 100% set dungeon completion. Now to get two conquests and the other junk I need to get my stash slot. I guess I'll start hoarding bounty caches for Avarice.

Did you level something for the augment yet? I got Avarice last night just by wearing a lvl 50 boon of the hoarder while doing a T16 cursed chest bounty.

And grats on the masters!

Battletag: Noggin#1936

Did you level something for the augment yet? I got Avarice last night just by wearing a lvl 50 boon of the hoarder while doing a T16 cursed chest bounty.

And grats on the masters!
    Not yet. So far I've just been leveling my 3 main gems for Journey/character power. Maybe I'll look into leveling Boon as my Augment gem and see if I can luck into Avarice playing with it.

Finally had my dagger of darts drop last night. I knew it gave piercing but didn’t realise it also boosted dart damage by 400%. Makes sense why I wasn’t feeling so powerful before I got it. Still quite squishy for t16 though even with a unity.

steam_sig.png

Honestly, The Thrill isn't hard this season. As long as you have 3-4 ancients you should be fine. I did it with a crappy WD build that barely worked, and it was a cake walk.

How many set dungeons have you done in season? Because you can do 8 of them iirc for another conquest. If you've done 4 for instance, then immortal kings, vyrs, marauder, natalyas are pretty easy to get. Tho, that is 3 new characters haha. Or just level a necro and do 4 necro set dungeons, which are all stupidly easy anyway.

Klatu wrote: »

Honestly, The Thrill isn't hard this season. As long as you have 3-4 ancients you should be fine. I did it with a crappy WD build that barely worked, and it was a cake walk.

How many set dungeons have you done in season? Because you can do 8 of them iirc for another conquest. If you've done 4 for instance, then immortal kings, vyrs, marauder, natalyas are pretty easy to get. Tho, that is 3 new characters haha. Or just level a necro and do 4 necro set dungeons, which are all stupidly easy anyway.
    Just the 4 monk ones. I will not be leveling/gearing up another character.

I'm glad to hear that Thrill doesn't take too many ancients. I'll have to see what sort of non-set focused build I can put together for Monk.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Wooooooo finished mastering all of the set dungeons.

Inna's was frustrating until I realized if I left all the Wave of Light stuff on I could drop my damage down absurdly low and still 1-shot everything with WoL.

I rolled up an HC character (crusader) on Switch, claimed a challenge rift cache, and started leveling him. I took a gamble on upgrading a flail to cube, and managed to get a Gyrefoot. Was slow to level, but once I got to 20 and unlocked Blessed Shield it's been a lot better. Hopefully I won't die to something stupid before I can get to 70 and go after the Thrill (or whatever the HC equivalent is called).

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Finally finished farming Nat6Marauders4

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Beasteh-2141/hero/109503343

The killing power and control of this build is insane, I never have to worry about avoiding effects since enemies are just locked down and frozen until they die

Just need a better compass rose and more emeralds so I can Caldessans my other stuff then I can start pushing to 110+

Beasteh on
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    i picked up a Switch so I'd have a thing to do while we do our one month in-law visit other than just read or see what's on Canada TV, and so Diablo 3 on switch has now just become basically my main way of playing it. I just like it so much on the handheld, and it looks so good. Now that we're home I usually just post up on the couch and play it there.

if anyone else plays it on there, hit me up and we can exchange friend... somethings? I don't know the Switch's multiplayer system for stuff like that. But you let me know then I'll figure out what mine is, I guess, lol

Are you the magic man?
    So I also finally got my mask of Jeram last night. Another key item I was missing (turns out 200% pet damage is pretty good). It was also ancient which was a bit annoying cause I wanted to cube it but couldn’t bring myself to do that.

I also got a second primal ancient, exactly the same as my first one. Anything that can be done with it apart from dusting for 1 soul?

steam_sig.png
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    So I also finally got my mask of Jeram last night. Another key item I was missing (turns out 200% pet damage is pretty good). It was also ancient which was a bit annoying cause I wanted to cube it but couldn’t bring myself to do that.

I also got a second primal ancient, exactly the same as my first one. Anything that can be done with it apart from dusting for 1 soul?
    You could salvage it it for 15 souls.

15 is better than 1 I guess.

steam_sig.png
    I've finally been able to assemble a LON Skeleton Mages build, and I finally understand what people mean about the Necromancer's best defense being burning everything on the screen before they can hit you. I just did a level 65 grift without issues (and that's without having an ancient in every slot). With the combination of items and passives, I'm refilling my Essence practically as soon as it empties. I'm considering removing my Grim Scythe from my skillbar, but it's annoying to stand in front of a breakable door and wait for a pet to consider attacking it.

Ironically, this build fliest through densely-packed high-level rifts/grifts, but is veeeeerrrry slow-going on bounties. It needs a steady supply of corpses and health globes (and forward momentum) to work, bounties don't offer that. Still, I've never had this play experience in D3 before, so that's pretty cool.

That's on my Switch, though; much slower-going on the PC, as I don't have much time to play on there. Thorns Crusader is pretty much kitted out, but still feeling kinda squishy in grifts.

This discussion has been closed.